Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, western shirt, July'99 - Peggy Lynn Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if Heather Johnson has been mentioned before, but I thought of Racine Jane Doe instantly when I saw her picture.

http://www.aacounty.org/Police/MissingPersons/johnson.cfm

Her date last missing is in August of 1999 and Racine Jane Doe was found in July of 1999. But it may be possible if the dates are incorrectly reported...

Heather Johnson NamUs says Hazel eyes
Other page says grey

She should be easy to rule out because her NamUs page says she had implants

Racine Doe NamUs - Brown or hazel but not blue

Does anyone know if Sarah Lee Murray was looked into? I see similarities but her dental chart is not available on her Namus page. Her age, height, hair and eyes all match. It is interesting that she is said to have had an extra tooth growing from the roof of her mouth. That type of crowding could cause a person to have some dental issues and likely to have teeth removed to make room. Usually they replace with dental implants but they are costly. If someone were to start an involved dental process like this and possibly ran out of funds they may have many teeth missing.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/1790/0/

Has Robert Rhoades ever been questioned concerning the identity of this doe? The torture and abuse fits his MO.

I was going over the post... Just about everyone was 99.9% positive she was Alexis.
Carls comparison is spot on

Aundria's bio mom had a hard time getting the DNA checked; how do we know if it really was?

One thing that is in my mind are the people who have 2 sets of DNA; called Chimera; from when they were developing; there was actually a twin that was absorbed that will give them another set of DNA.

Does anyone know anything about this? What would it mean in a case like this?

I found this website, http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t10968-racine-county-jane-doe-wif990721-warning-this-page-includes-a-post-mortem-image and wasn't sure if this had been discussed before. Jane Doe might not be from the US. If she wasn't that could make sense as to why no one has come forward. This is outside of the idea her family did this to her.

If she was from a country where dental hygiene wasn't widely available that could explain the condition of her teeth.

Maybe she was a "mail order bride". Maybe she was a nanny or employee brought here and murdered by the people who brought her here. Maybe she was adopted as a child or pre-teen from a foreign country.

This is a stretch, but she may have also met her demise after traveling to meet someone online.

While the cognitively disabled theory could be correct, something about her doesn't seem to say disabled, and prior to the torture that led to her death it sounds like someone was taking care of her or she was taking care of herself. I don't know why, but something about the hair coloring and ear piercings is bugging me.

I found this website, Racine County Jane Doe - WIF990721 Warning!! This Page Includes a Post Mortem Image and wasn't sure if this had been discussed before. Jane Doe might not be from the US. If she wasn't that could make sense as to why no one has come forward. This is outside of the idea her family did this to her.

If she was from a country where dental hygiene wasn't widely available that could explain the condition of her teeth.

Maybe she was a "mail order bride". Maybe she was a nanny or employee brought here and murdered by the people who brought her here. Maybe she was adopted as a child or pre-teen from a foreign country.

This is a stretch, but she may have also met her demise after traveling to meet someone online.

While the cognitively disabled theory could be correct, something about her doesn't seem to say disabled, and prior to the torture that led to her death it sounds like someone was taking care of her or she was taking care of herself. I don't know why, but something about the hair coloring and ear piercings is bugging me.

from your link
1,500 people have been checked and ruled out as being this Jane Doe.
There may be a legitimate reason for the difficultly in identifying her considering the Post Mortem photo and very good reconstruction images. Although not certain, there is a possibility that this woman may never have been born in the USA. She may have been from the Ukraine in Eastern Europe, given the high volume of Ukrainians employed in the area at the time. This is not certain but should be considered. Law Enforcement thought the possibility good enough to put her cas file on Interpol.

1,500 people have been checked and ruled out as being this Jane Doe.
There may be a legitimate reason for the difficultly in identifying her considering the Post Mortem photo and very good reconstruction images. Although not certain, there is a possibility that this woman may never have been born in the USA. She may have been from the Ukraine in Eastern Europe, given the high volume of Ukrainians employed in the area at the time. This is not certain but should be considered. Law Enforcement thought the possibility good enough to put her cas file on Interpol.

What a mystery. I guess it does go back to it possibly being someone she knew. This might be like Precious Doe where you just happen to get lucky one day.

I know in another thread about Grateful Doe they were talking about submitting his DNA to a database to see if he was a match. Maqybe after all this time this could work for her too. I know Ancestry and other places do the test and it starts at third or fourth cousins. It's a start and could allow police to go forward from there.

What a mystery. I guess it does go back to it possibly being someone she knew. This might be like Precious Doe where you just happen to get lucky one day.

I know in another thread about Grateful Doe they were talking about submitting his DNA to a database to see if he was a match. Maqybe after all this time this could work for her too. I know Ancestry and other places do the test and it starts at third or fourth cousins. It's a start and could allow police to go forward from there.

I said this on the Lyle Stevik thread

23 and me Ancestry Service. $99

IIRC, Colleen Fitzpatrick did it for Banjaman Kyle. I believe the ME has to contact 23 and me to get the info uploaded

I wish more ME's would do this since the database is so large.

Benjaman Kyle - *As of November 2012 noted forensic genealogist Colleen Fitzpatrick is collaborating with DNA testing company 23andMe for pro bono autosomal testing. By compiling an extensive family tree based on his DNA matches, she has identified a set of second cousins from the Western Carolinas who are collaborating with her to determine Benjaman's identity.

I found this website, http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t10968-racine-county-jane-doe-wif990721-warning-this-page-includes-a-post-mortem-image and wasn't sure if this had been discussed before. Jane Doe might not be from the US. If she wasn't that could make sense as to why no one has come forward. This is outside of the idea her family did this to her.

Yeah, me too. Something just doesn't fit.

I have the feeling we haven't found her because we haven't been looking in the right place. That we're missing something obvious.

This case has bothered me for years and years now.
It's not just your typical case of a young woman who was just raped and murdered (not that, that is not horrible enough).
But it's beyond just a man picking up a hitchhiker and raping her and losing his cool and strangling her......Or a man taking domestic violence to far and throwing the body.
This woman was tortured for weeks prior to her death. To me that is where the answers lie....other then her identity.
The things that were done to her to me points to some type of serial killer. That is just MO...but this will always bother me till the day who ever done this to her is locked up. At this point I'd take who ever done this to her being locked up over knowing her identity.

NamUs Case # 4741 has had changes made. You can view the case by clicking the url below

URL: https://identifyus.org/cases/4741

The following fields have been changed:
DNA added

DNA : nucDNA changed from "Unchecked" to "Checked"

DNA : Location changed from "" to "Other"

DNA : Reference Number changed from "" to "R99-3081"

DNA : Location Other changed from "" to "Wisconsin State Lab - Milwaukee"

DNA : DNA Status changed from "submitted not complete" to "entered"

DNA : Comments changed from "LE will provide DNA status and systems used." to "At complete nuclear profile at NDIS"

DNA : mtDNA changed from "Unchecked" to "Checked"

DNA : Reference Number changed from "" to "MQ/OI070111002Q8 "

DNA : DNA Status changed from "" to "entered"

DNA : Comments changed from "" to "STR and Mito data at NDIS"

DNA : Location changed from "" to "FBI Laboratory"

Has Robert Rhoades ever been questioned concerning the identity of this doe? The torture and abuse fits his MO.
I had just recently came across this case and was wondering the same thing. She certainly fits the MO of Robert "Ben" Rhoades. She fits his timeline also. I wish you all the best in giving her back her name. Just wanted to make certain the Rhoades connection had been made. Also, as Rhoades was notorious for picking his victim up in one state and dumping them in another I would not rule out any location as to where she is possibly from. He also kept victims longer if they cooperated at all with him. A scared child, alone.......could be very cooperative if she knew it was saving her life. She is in my prayers and I hope someone finds her name soon!!! Rhoades also was found with photos of some of his victims taken before he murdered them. Has anybody researched those to see if she is there?

NamUs Case # 4741 has had changes made. You can view the case by clicking the url below
The following fields have been changed:
Exclusion added Aundria Bowman 1974 Michigan

Body of Jane Doe exhumed, due for new analysis - October 16, 2013

RACINE CO. (WITI) — The body of an unidentified homicide victim discovered on the edge of a cornfield along 92nd St. in Racine County back in July 1999 was exhumed on Wednesday, October 16th. She was transported to the Milwaukee County Medical Examiner’s Office for analysis.

The Sheriff’s Office has been consulting with the FBI’s Behavioral Analysis Unit, NCMEC & NamUs about exhuming her body. Scientific testing technology has advanced a lot since they found her. They feel they could get answers about her life in the weeks, months & years before she was murdered due to the new technology as well as helping to figure out who murdered her.

This is a local case for me, and I truly hope they find out who she is and what happened to her after all of these years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona