Amanda Knox found guilty for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, while not anything which can be used legally, it is interesting the way sherlock wove it into the timeline.

Of course I just found a report saying that the CCTV image was rejected because it proved to be Meredith arriving home, and was wearing Meredith's clothing: So this is not true? (all this conflicting info can drive one nuts :crazy: )

From Groundreport? If we can't even trust reputable news organizations covering this case, how can we trust a biased site?

I have a question, Filomena testified that the washing machine was still warm when she returned to the cottage and that it contained some of Meredith’s clothes. Who do you guys think put the clothes in the washing machine?

I don't know, I have no idea about the washing machine. Because there was a long discussion on this topic a few threads back, and IIRC, the conclusion was that the washing machine was not warm. I'm not sure, though. I just remember someone said the washing machine was warm, and another poster said it wasn't, and it went around and around and around. I don't know what the conclusion was or what the truth is.

I don't know, I have no idea about the washing machine. Because there was a long discussion on this topic a few threads back, and IIRC, the conclusion was that the washing machine was not warm. I'm not sure, though. I just remember someone said the washing machine was warm, and another poster said it wasn't, and it went around and around and around. I don't know what the conclusion was or what the truth is.

It had to have been warm as the police noticed it and Filomena testified to it. Thank you so much, I will search the previous threads:)

The only thing with that is, they both turned their cell phones off at the same time, 8:42 pm. That seems to me like they were both planning something together. What that something exactly was, I don't know. So in the scenario above, there would be no need to coordinate their cell phones.

Something about this cell phone thing is just bugging me.

Oh, also can you tell me where the CCTV images are of Amanda arriving...I did not know about this!!!!
Yes, I don't really know if you can say at what time they turned off their phones. I believe it is generally assumed that this was at about the same time because of the gap in activity. Knox said she had turned it off at about 8:30pm but I am not sure if it couldn't have been an hour later or so. Sollecito talked to his father on the phone at 8:42pm but a text message sent at 11:14pm showed that his phone was off.

It had to have been warm as the police noticed it and Filomena testified to it. Thank you so much, I will search the previous threads:)

btw one of the posters in that discussion was Otto, so I'm sure Otto knows what the conclusion was, if there was even a conclusion.

I have a question, Filomena testified that the washing machine was still warm when she returned to the cottage and that it contained some of Meredith’s clothes. Who do you guys think put the clothes in the washing machine?

I tried to find the comment in Filomina's testimony, or in the testimony of the Postal Police, and was unable to find a quote about the washing machine being warm, but I was completely handicapped because I don't read Italian. I looked for words like "laundry", "washing machine", "warm" and so on, but no luck.

That video....
I can't get over the "off hand" way she talks about the murder. ...I was waiting for her to say, "whatevs" truly shocking and telling...IMO

Listen @15.18

She shows more emotion @ being called stupid.

Another thing is look at how confident she looks. She exudes confidence. She has her shoulders up straight, strong voice, seems to be very much in control.

And yet she wants us to believe that she was so meek and fragile that the interrogater supposedly said "stupid liar" (SUPPOSEDLY), and that broke her.

Pfffft. She's like a chameleon....changing into whatever suits her needs.

Another thing is look at how confident she looks. She exudes confidence. She has her shoulders up straight, strong voice, seems to be very much in control.

And yet she wants us to believe that she was so meek and fragile that the interrogater supposedly said "stupid liar" (SUPPOSEDLY), and that broke her.

Pfffft. She's like a chameleon....changing into whatever suits her needs.

I was just reading again the letter she wrote home...

That story about the water & mop is complete bull...he's telling people a pipe broke or was disconnected....and Amanda is writing he accidentally spilled water...

Well, guess this thread won't be active tomorrow :( Thanks for all of your insight everyone, I have learned sooooo much about this case from you all. Thanks Harmony for all your hard work!

I'm sure I'll see many folks over on the other threads in this case, or maybe even on some other case.

I will definately be hopping on here if I hear something new and whenever the reasoning comes out - although you will probably have heard about it before me!

See ya!!! 'Till next time!!

(((((((Hugs)))))))) I'm gonna miss all you you peeps... Hope to see you all on other forums here:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for your caring and professional devotion looking for the Justice for Meredith Kercher. I will miss reading you intelligent guys and gals, and will pop on from time to time to see the progression. From early beginnings of case, I was pretty sure the 3 were guilty due to the lies, changing alibis. Once forensic evidence released, I became 100% convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that these three perpetrators should serve time for their guilt. I've been mostly a reader since the crime took place, and look forward to the other two also serving their just punishment. Never again will I consider MSM without some cynicism, such as who's PR is the story serving. I grew up listening to great investigative journalists like Walter Kronkite. I would have loved for a Walkter Conkrite type journalist to ask them some tough questions after the recent ruling. Somehow, I bet the Knox PR machine wouldn't let that one happen. Anderson Cooper was a disappointment. So was the GMA lady, whose name escapes me. Thanks again, everyone!

meredith_memorial.jpg
http://www.sharonfeinstein.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/meredith_memorial.jpg

Why Knox Verdict Baffles Us --

I believe one reason for the lack of interest in this young man is that a man killing a woman is mundane and boring, compared with the more titillating image of women fighting and killing each other. The other reason, sadly, is a kind of reverse racism. He's black, and innocent black men are far too often railroaded in white systems, Italian and American. To suggest that this young man might have been the lone killer has a taint of political incorrectness.

Male violence against women is a major public health problem worldwide, according to the World Health Organization.

In the end, in this case, it appears that the commonness of the crime is what the Italian prosecutors—and many others--refuse to accept, searching for something more interesting and unique, in an elaborate, headline-grabbing crackpot theory that, they unfortunately still cannot relinquish.

Remove the racial aspect, forget national pride and whether you "like" Amanda Knox, and we can see that this simple tragedy is all too routine.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/31/opinion/burleigh-amanda-knox-verdict/index.html

And actually, nowadays, cell phones are quite the accessory in having sex amongst young people. Turning on music, taking pictures, taking video. I'm sorry, I'm just telling it like it is. They do the opposite - they use it, rather than shutting it off.

I'm sorry but, speaking as a young person, this is a little ridiculous. We don't keep our phones in bed when we get down to business. Sure maybe once in awhile we'll take pictures but they're more likely to be selfies. Your statement is just untrue. I would venture to say AK is anything but the average teenager just based on the face that she was living abroad. She didn't seem to be completely technology minded.

No she didn't.

Although I only read here, I will miss this thread very much. Otto, I have been reading your posts for years. I have learned so much about this case from you and others. A lot of intelligent posters here. This is one of, if not the best discussion thread on WS. IMO

:seeya:

I have some translated testimony people might be interested in.

http://www.amandaknox.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Trascrizioni-2009-Feb-6-Pt.4.pdf

Luca Altieri’s testimony about Amanda's reaction to hearing Meredith died and how.

Page 224

Mignini: Listen, when… do you remember if you saw Amanda cry in the Police Station?
Altieri: Amanda had already cried outside the house, also going to the Police Station in the car, yes, at a certain point…
Mignini: when did she cry?
Altieri: Now, after I… she asked me this… I don’t remember well if she asked how, with what she had been killed, basically, how they had cut her throat, and when I gave her the answer to this question she burst out crying.

Page 229

Della Vedova: one last clarification and I’ve finished. On the question of whether Amanda cried outside.
Altieri: Yes
Della Vedova: she was crying because she was in shock, do you think?
Altieri: Do I think?
Della Vedova: Your statement to the police [verbale] ends thus: she started crying.
Della Vedova: As soon as you gave her this news, when you gave her the news that…
Altieri: Yes, I mean it certainly seemed to be a reaction to the thought of what I had said, then if it was or it wasn’t this other thing, I wouldn’t be able to say.
Della Vedova: No, I wasn’t asking for your opinion. You said to Amanda: I heard that there is a girl which it seems… killed because she has a cut on her throat and she started to cry as a result of this.
Della Vedova: In that moment was Sollecito nearby?
Altieri: He was in the car, in the back seat.
Della Vedova: And he was trying to console her
Altieri: We were going to the Police Station
Della Vedova: He was trying to console Knox because she was crying?
Altieri: I don’t know, in that moment there I couldn’t tell you, when I said earlier that he was trying to console her I was referring to a scene outside the house, in the period when we were still there.
Della Vedova: However earlier you said that Amanda cried the first time when you were outside the house, then also in the car
Altieri: yes, it’s there that… it’s there that I visually saw him console her, outside the house when she was crying
Della Vedova: And to you it seemed right that she behaved this way or did it seem strange to you?
Altieri: No, it seemed normal.

Knox herself said she met up with 'Patrick' at about 9pm. So although we can't be absolutely sure, I think there might be some truth here. JMO .

Not true.

http://www.injusticeinperugia.org/145Statement.pdf

Her statement doesn't even mention talking to Popavic and instead says she immediately left at 8.30pm after replying to Patricks text.

"I responded to the message by telling him that we would see each other at once; I then left the house, telling my boyfriend that I had to go to work. In view of the fact that during the afternoon I had smoked a joint, I felt confused, since I do not frequently make use of mind-altering substances, nor of heavier substances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa