Amanda Knox found guilty for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see from following the discussion here for all of one day that there will always be folks who think she is innocent, no matter what the evidence is to the contrary. Knox is fortunate she's American, and fortunate she committed her crime in a country that presumed her innocent until proven guilty and that gave her and her legal team every opportunity to defend herself in a court of law.

Finding her guilty again is justice, not double jeopardy. I very much hope the US does not block extradition, and that she will be hauled back to Italy to serve her full sentence.

Guede had no way of knowing anything about rent arrangements without getting that information from someone. Meredith was murdered on the evening of Nov 1, the day that rent is normally paid. Most people would try to steal money the day before the rent is due, not the evening after it is due. Why would Guede expect that the rent would be paid late?

Meredith had the rent money and offered to give it to Filomina, but Filomina planned on paying the landlord late, so Meredith was asked to keep the money. Knox was aware of that conversation and knew that Meredith had the rent money in her room.

Mark Waterbury mentions in his book that various residents of the cottage were away due to All Saints day and Rudy may have been aware since he knew the guys downstairs…that night of the month was when rent payments were gathered together usually in cash. It was a common night for break ins.

pg 7

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/sample/read/2940012628664

You don't need 2 people to turn on a video. IMO Knox arrived first (CCTV images), bumped into Guede (his timing of the 'date' with Meredith fits the arrival time of Knox better), let him in, Meredith arrived and there is a fight that probably included Guede. Knox gets the idea to take revenge (prank) and runs off to get Sollecito (and knife), Guede hangs around or hides in the bathroom. I thought Crini was brilliant to connect the Naruto timing with the sighting of Knox and Sollecito at the basketball court. It fits perfectly.
Interesting.......so you believe the original reports that Knox was in fact seen on cctv? (I recall these vaguely)--can you refresh my memory on this? thanks ! ETA- here is an old article on the CCTV:

http://metro.co.uk/2007/11/12/knox-caught-on-cctv-at-murder-flat-518753/

so whatever became of this idea of Knox on CCTV?

Interesting.......so you believe the original reports that Knox was in fact seen on cctv? (I recall these vaguely)--can you refresh my memory on this? thanks ! ETA- here is an old article on the CCTV:

http://metro.co.uk/2007/11/12/knox-caught-on-cctv-at-murder-flat-518753/

so whatever became of this idea of Knox on CCTV?
It is related to the discussion about the CCTV clock being fast/slow. It was checked and found to be about 10mins fast. Witness statements support this. The counter argument is some CCTV images of police still looking for the address, introduced at the last moment so nobody was able to ask the policemen themselves.
http://themurderofmeredithkercher.c...Been_Made_Before_The_Postal_Police_Arrived.3F

Nothing really came off it because the person on the CCTV images could not be identified, but we know the road does not go anywhere else but the cottage, we know it could not have been Meredith because of the clothes and the timing, so who is left? It is still an interesting piece of information to get an idea how the events of that evening started out IMO.

Amanda Knox is given a lifeline after judge who convicted her for a second time breaches legal rules with a series of revealing interviews about the verdict

Judges in Italy are banned from commenting publicly until after the final appeal to the Supreme Court, which in Knox’s case will not happen until next year.

Amanda Knox has been given a lifeline after the judge who condemned her breached legal rules to give interviews about the verdict.

Defence lawyers said chief judge Alessandro Nencini’s comments show prejudice in his conviction of the American for the murder in Italy of British student Meredith Kercher.

He said: ‘The jurors returned home every day and were bombarded with information. When we met they would say, “Justice, but on TV they say that it happened in another way. What happened really?”.’

The judge seemed convinced of Knox’s guilt, saying he believed that the murder would never have happened without her. But he seemed less convinced of Sollecito’s culpability and said the Italian could have helped his case if he had submitted to cross-examination.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...vealing-interviews-verdict.html#ixzz2sVR4GRAl

I know Daily Mail .. apologies if this has already been posted and I missed it ..

CHICAGO - The Italian judge who declared Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito guilty of the brutal murder of Meredith Kercher is now, himself, being investigated for ethical violations related to the trial.

One Italian publication described "clouds are gathering" over Nencini. The most serious lightning bolt in those "clouds" could be Italy's Justice Minister Annamaria Cancellieri. She has begun a preliminary inquiry into Judge Nencini's behavior in the Kercher case vis-à-vis Italy's code of ethics. It has left, what one Italian commentator calls, "a sinister picture of the Italian justice system."

Judge Nencini's situation isn't helped by the fact the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg, France has raised questions about the impartiality of Italian justices, in general. Being a member of the European Union, Italy has ceded final authority over its judicial proceedings to the Court of Human Rights. It can throw out any Italian judge's ruling.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/italian...nd-raffaele-sollecito-under-fire-for-remarks/

What a mess!

It is related to the discussion about the CCTV clock being fast/slow. It was checked and found to be about 10mins fast. Witness statements support this. The counter argument is some CCTV images of police still looking for the address, introduced at the last moment so nobody was able to ask the policemen themselves.
http://themurderofmeredithkercher.c...Been_Made_Before_The_Postal_Police_Arrived.3F

Nothing really came off it because the person on the CCTV images could not be identified, but we know the road does not go anywhere else but the cottage, we know it could not have been Meredith because of the clothes and the timing, so who is left? It is still an interesting piece of information to get an idea how the events of that evening started out IMO.
Yes, while not anything which can be used legally, it is interesting the way sherlock wove it into the timeline.

Of course I just found a report saying that the CCTV image was rejected because it proved to be Meredith arriving home, and was wearing Meredith's clothing: So this is not true? (all this conflicting info can drive one nuts :crazy: )

The forty myths that convicted Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito – Part three
Myth 26 – CCTV showed Amanda arriving on the night of the murder

On 11th November a leaked story appeared in the London Evening Standard and elsewhere:

“Murder suspect Amanda Knox was caught on camera entering the apartment where a British student was murdered the same night, it emerged today. The CCTV footage contradicts Knox’s claim that she was at the house of her 24-year-old boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito.”

The footage actually showed Meredith arriving home. The image was too blurred to allow easy identification but the clothing worn was unlike any of Amanda’s and matched Meredith’s outfit that day. This should have been easy for a competent investigator to ascertain, but instead another smear was started and another myth created. The prosecution was ramping up the lies. If you throw enough mud, it sticks.
http://groundreport.com/the-forty-m...manda-knox-and-raffaele-sollecito-part-three/

Mark Waterbury mentions in his book that various residents of the cottage were away due to All Saints day and Rudy may have been aware since he knew the guys downstairs…that night of the month was when rent payments were gathered together usually in cash. It was a common night for break ins.

pg 7

Rudy may have known what the students in the downstairs flat were doing that weekend, but it is impossible that he knew what Laura and Filomina were doing that weekend. Filomina was staying over night at her boyfriend's home, but she, Meredith, Laura and Knox could just as easily have all been at the cottage.

I would also be very surprise that Rudy would know the rent payment arrangements between Filomina and the landlord. On what basis does the source know that Guede knew about rental arrangements between Filomina and the landlord? Is there testimony from any of the downstairs students that in addition to shooting hoops and getting stoned, they discussed their rental payment arrangements?

Yes, while not anything which can be used legally, it is interesting the way sherlock wove it into the timeline.

Of course I just found a report saying that the CCTV image was rejected because it proved to be Meredith arriving home, and was wearing Meredith's clothing: So this is not true? (all this conflicting info can drive one nuts :crazy: )
I don't really remember all the arguments after all these years :) The clothing looks white but Meredith was wearing jeans and some light blue jacket I believe. More important is the timing I think, because that relates to the 112 calls as well.

Amanda Knox: The missing Video Original

The prosecution originally claimed the clock on the car park video was ten minutes fast and showed Amanda going to the cottage. If the clock was actually 10 minutes fast, the person in the video can't be Amanda. Because at this same moment Amanda is talking to a witness at Raffaele's place.

The clock was indeed 10 to 12 minutes off, but in the opposite direction. With this adjustment, the woman seen walking to the cottage lines up nicely with Meredith leaving her friend Robin at 8:55 and the time it would take to walk to the cottage.

The prosecution originally claimed the clock on the car park video was ten minutes fast and showed Amanda going to the cottage. If the clock was actually 10 minutes fast, the person in the video can't be Amanda. Because at this same moment Amanda is talking to a witness at Raffaele's place.

The clock was indeed 10 to 12 minutes off, but in the opposite direction. With this adjustment, the woman seen walking to the cottage lines up nicely with Meredith leaving her friend Robin at 8:55 and the time it would take to walk to the cottage.
Knox was at her bf at about 8:40. Nobody was carrying a stopwatch. Neither do I think the clock was 10 minutes fast to the second exactly. The walk is just a few minutes. It fits with Knox leaving right after the Polish woman came by.

For people that claim a prior violent history is required. http://murderpedia.org/female.C/c/caffey-erin.htm
This teen girl managed to mastermind the murder of her entire family, including her two younger siblings.
Her father miraculously survived...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OT but I watched a show on this case one night and couldn't sleep that night, I actually made my husband sit down and watch it too. It really upset me what this girl did/was part of doing to her family. So terrible for the father to later find out his daughter was behind it.

You don't need 2 people to turn on a video. IMO Knox arrived first (CCTV images), bumped into Guede (his timing of the 'date' with Meredith fits the arrival time of Knox better), let him in, Meredith arrived and there is a fight that probably included Guede. Knox gets the idea to take revenge (prank) and runs off to get Sollecito (and knife), Guede hangs around or hides in the bathroom. I thought Crini was brilliant to connect the Naruto timing with the sighting of Knox and Sollecito at the basketball court. It fits perfectly.

The only thing with that is, they both turned their cell phones off at the same time, 8:42 pm. That seems to me like they were both planning something together. What that something exactly was, I don't know. So in the scenario above, there would be no need to coordinate their cell phones.

Something about this cell phone thing is just bugging me.

Oh, also can you tell me where the CCTV images are of Amanda arriving...I did not know about this!!!!

Which is why I don't take at face value anything he said about what he did inside the house, including anything he did or did not do immediately following the attack. His bloody shoeprints went in a straight line out the door. That says everything I need to know about who cleaned up and staged the scene.

:jumping:

I can see from following the discussion here for all of one day that there will always be folks who think she is innocent, no matter what the evidence is to the contrary. Knox is fortunate she's American, and fortunate she committed her crime in a country that presumed her innocent until proven guilty and that gave her and her legal team every opportunity to defend herself in a court of law.

Finding her guilty again is justice, not double jeopardy. I very much hope the US does not block extradition, and that she will be hauled back to Italy to serve her full sentence.

:tyou:

OT but I watched a show on this case one night and couldn't sleep that night, I actually made my husband sit down and watch it too. It really upset me what this girl did/was part of doing to her family. So terrible for the father to later find out his daughter was behind it.

I actually got sucked into watching Dr. Phil interview her the other day.

She's one cold psychopath! IMO

pg 7

I would think that, knowing that rent money had been stolen, the guys downstairs would have offered this crucial information to investigators that they had discussed rent money (and apparently where rent money is kept in the ladies' flat) in front of Rudy.

Unless we are supposed to believe that the downstairs guys are included in this entire "conspiracy" with prosecution?

I got the info from her trial testimony video on youtube (Amanda Knox Trial Testimony, Part 1 English - YouTube). She says that she replied to Lumumbas message "see you later" (in italian)- and that is how police got suspicious about Lumumba, as this means something else in Italian.

As I said before, I just started with this case a couple of days ago and as I have 2 small kids I really cant read all the pages on here.
So much in this case was later rated as not admissable, I might have missed something and thus be wrong of course.

:seeya:

That video....
I can't get over the "off hand" way she talks about the murder. ...I was waiting for her to say, "whatevs" truly shocking and telling...IMO

Listen @15.18

She shows more emotion @ being called stupid.

CHICAGO - The Italian judge who declared Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito guilty of the brutal murder of Meredith Kercher is now, himself, being investigated for ethical violations related to the trial.

One Italian publication described "clouds are gathering" over Nencini. The most serious lightning bolt in those "clouds" could be Italy's Justice Minister Annamaria Cancellieri. She has begun a preliminary inquiry into Judge Nencini's behavior in the Kercher case vis-à-vis Italy's code of ethics. It has left, what one Italian commentator calls, "a sinister picture of the Italian justice system."

Judge Nencini's situation isn't helped by the fact the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg, France has raised questions about the impartiality of Italian justices, in general. Being a member of the European Union, Italy has ceded final authority over its judicial proceedings to the Court of Human Rights. It can throw out any Italian judge's ruling.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/italian...nd-raffaele-sollecito-under-fire-for-remarks/

What a mess!

Hi Mrs G, I know you followed the Arias trial....wouldn't you agree that her trial was and is a mess? It is quite a mess, I'm sure people from other countries followed and are following her ongoing, lengthy trial and say that it is a huge mess.

Also, remember Juan's cane-signing incident and picutre outside the courthouse, and for that there had to be a small hearing? And motion for mistrial?

Also the delays, delays, delays....all the motions for mistrials.....etc. etc..

I have a question, Filomena testified that the washing machine was still warm when she returned to the cottage and that it contained some of Meredith’s clothes. Who do you guys think put the clothes in the washing machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther