long weekend break: discuss the latest here #114

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on what she said and to how many other jurors.

Then again, we have seen the defense twist and manipulate testimony to their own needs so maybe what was uttered in the sealed meeting doesn't really amount to juror misconduct.

She could have said something that doesn't really rise to the level of juror misconduct but did not display body language that they liked. Especially since Jodi would have been just feet from the juror.

I agree--since we don't know what was said, we're totally in the dark until tomorrow. I think that if Juror #5 said whatever thing she said, all the jurors would then be questioned privately to see if she influenced their ability to be impartial.

That's why I'm leaning towards just Juror #5 being booted, if at all. Nurmi hasn't come up with anything solid YET so far.

IMO, if another juror(s) said something about #5, it was because they take there instructions seriously and do not want to have wasted the last few months of their time.
Or 1.4 million dollars!!!!!

A think "this juror takes copious notes" signifies trouble-ahead. Jettisoning this juror now may make things go a lot smoother later on.

Why do people think it is tri color? Just curious....and lazy.

Because in the Defense's motion for mistrial they reference Juror #5. Our court watchers reference Juror #5 as Tri-color. And the Defense Motion clearly indicates the juror in question is a female.

Were the attorneys in the room when the jurors were questioned? And if they weren't, I am wondering how anyone other than the judge knows what was said in that interview.

Also I thought they were being interviewed individually. I think it sounds weird and maybe there was some other misconduct somewhere. Thanks for the link. jmo

where are you hearing that ? TIA

ETA: just found this from a FB page

Beth Kara's just reported that this juror (#5) made a "bias comment" in front of other juror and probably was ratted out by another juror or two. What is concerning to me is that other jurors would rat her out if the believed in JA guilt. Why would ANYONE believe in her innocence at this point. Beth Karas also said its highly unlikely there'll be a mistrial. Thank God

I don't worry about anyone voting for an acquittal. Other jurors may not have been who did the ratting out, it could have been any body, someone may have overheard it in the hall and told who needed to be told. If it did happen to be another juror, then I read nothing in to that other than they're taking this seriously and are "remembering their admonitions." :twocents:

IMO, if another juror(s) said something about #5, it was because they take there instructions seriously and do not want to have wasted the last few months of their time.

:bump:

If am interpreting correctly, during the sealed in chambers questioning of all the jurors due to Nurmi's concern that Juan Martinez was guilty of Prosecutorial misconduct for posing for a few snapshots with people one time, Juror #5 said something in front of other jurors that was biased towards the Prosecution and unfavorable to Mz. Arias. (Juror #5 either said something during the interview with the judge, or the fact that Juror #5 had said something was raised by another juror to the judge).

Good luck with that, Nurmi & Willmott.

She probably muttered oh give me a freeking break.

I love the way Nurmi waits until 2:30pm Monday to file this damn thing. I really think the DT will stall and stall and stall. Anything to prolong this circus. Dear God, keep the jurors calm, cool and able to withstand any and all BS the Defense throws at them. Fight the good fight.

You would think the Judge would have addressed the issue when it happened. I think the defense is grabbing in the dark for anything they might be able to get for a mistrial. Maybe if they did get a mistrial, Nurmi could have himself removed from the case, since this is what he has wanted for a long time. Court should have released him long ago when he requested it.

I think that is part of her strategy all along... She will use that as the basis of her appeal (once convicted) that Nurmi was dragged into it kicking and screaming and consequently represented her so poorly she didn't stand a chance...

Listening to JVM about Travis realizing Jodi was dangerous. I wonder if Jodi threatened him with bodily harm/death and he just kept this to himself thinking she was calling his bluff? Unfortunately Travis is not with us to tell us what he went through.

This friggin happens every time we have a looooong break. The pot gets stirred .....HLN gets antsy....

I know the DT have filed multiple times for mistrial.....even months (years!) ago!!!

This is just another *thang*....I don't think its a big deal. However....I do find it odd that from the beginning of the trial...comments were made about juror number 5 right off the bat. By watchers....by media...and now look.

Self fulfilling prophecy? Or something else....?

Either way its pretty coincidental. Moo.

:rolleyes:::

I just want to know this...Nurmi and Willmott know that JA killed Travis, right!?!?!?!?!

Breath in..... Hold it. Hold or a little more. Exhale...slow..all the way out. .aaahh.

Better?

There are other jurors right? 17 I think.

Oh I'm not worried if they bounce just one juror. My concern is that based off the Motion I gather that she indicated something to her fellow jurors. That's what concerns me. It would concern me if many jurors were tossed.

Normally you will loose a juror or two during the process from illness or something (remember if they find her guilty they still have an entire penalty phase left to go through). I want to make sure they have plenty of jurors to get them through the guilt phase before they head into the final phase, should the next phase be needed.

It depends on what she said and to how many other jurors.

Then again, we have seen the defense twist and manipulate testimony to their own needs so maybe what was uttered in the sealed meeting doesn't really amount to juror misconduct.

She could have said something that doesn't really rise to the level of juror misconduct but did not display body language that they liked. Especially since Jodi would have been just feet from the juror.
Like, "I can't believe this BS," meaning the need for a hearing about someone signing an autograph. Hummm??? So, then could heavy sighing be considered misconduct? Where does it end? :(

Um...sex acts sure don't seem to make my husband "more alert.":floorlaugh: (I mean that he is alert until right after the event/s!)

<Respectfully snipped.

It's only Monday, but this could rank up there as the post of the week for me! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::blushing:

Were the attorneys in the room when the jurors were questioned? And if they weren't, I am wondering how anyone other than the judge knows what was said in that interview.

Also I thought they were being interviewed individually. I think it sounds weird and maybe there was some other misconduct somewhere. Thanks for the link. jmo

Everyone was there when the questioning took place including the defendant. It's her right to be at all hearings. Including in-chambers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member