Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to all the locals keeping us informed of the terrain and location of the store!

and... I am so impressed with so much knowledge provided regarding tires!

I have a feeling the pic of the tire tracks is not the pic of THE tire track... Since media made sure to keep away from evidence...

but we will see...

JMO

I found a 485 acre property up in that area

Please tell me that the land does not trace back to a family whose name begins with a "C" and rhymes with Mabel...if it does then I would start looking at another Roseland SO resident. His crime was likely committed before DNA was taken. Convicted Feb 1999. It was in Lynchburg and with a young teen.

Hi all, I've been so busy with my wedding planning but still check in from time to time, I haven't seen/heard much since the arrest - is this correct?

Just wish they could find this poor girl and give her/her family peace...my heart breaks for them, and for her to know what they have all been through...it's sad, how a monster can do this to someone - one day it's just a regular day and then the next your world is shattered. I will never understand how people can do this to another human, especially a young girl with so much ahead of her. It's cases like this that make me aware of my surroundings and its cases like this that makes it so scary for me to be a young female, I'm not saying that others don't have bad things happens to them but I feel as a female especially we are an easy target for someone's sick manifestations - it's sad that this day and age that I have to be scared to walk to my car at night & I always have to have my eyes wide open and fever let my guard down. With that being said, I pray for her family to get answers and for alexis to find peace. God bless their hearts. ;(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they issued a BOLO for cornrow guy, that means they either didn't believe the people on news article comments who claimed to be his coworker, OR those people never contacted LE. (Meaning, they could have just visited his place of business.)

Excuse me but some things are getting ridiculous! Why did LE wait so long after RAT told his story to issue a BOLO for this maroon car? Locating this car would not have been difficult had they run it thru the system. Or, as many have commented, it is known who the owner is by locals.

Even if LE thinks RAT is feeding them a story, why wait to check out the details? There are people in the office who can do computer checks on that car, easy peasy!

:banghead:

Especially since we saw locals (on MSM comments) claiming to be coworkers of cornrow guy, what, a week ago?

we need everyone near these cases to be diligent and check their properties like this man! kudos to him, even if the tire marks are unrelated to the case!

My possibly overly cynical opinion but: feels like a combo of press desperate for a story and some guy who wanted to see his name in print.
Humm, Imoo,
That's a stretch if there is no personal communication between the land owner and say....you for example.

Why call him a glory seeker instead of a concerned citizen? I don 't get that kind of thinking. Imoo

If LE is really looking for this guy and did not put out an APB at once, last week, that makes me a little worried. I was having such confidence in LE in this case, now I am wondering...

If LE is really looking for this guy and did not put out an APB at once, last week, that makes me a little worried. I was having such confidence in LE in this case, now I am wondering...

No kidding. That combined with LE saying either yesterday or today that they are checking out all tips.....does that mean they aren't sure about RAT?
What or who exactly is LE looking for? I'm feeling a little doubtful today.
Sorry for the rambling.

I don't know about that area but in my town, I bet I see 10 burgundy (maroon):scared:cars of that make with 22 in wheels driven by an African American male every day.

I don't know about that area but in my town, I bet I see 10 burgundy (maroon):scared:cars of that make with 22 in wheels driven by an African American male every day.

Same here. I'm from Salem, but I always see these kinds of cars when I'm in Roanoke. I believe that maybe RAT saw this "car" around town and threw it and the driver into his story. Who knows ?

I'm so impatient in cases like this because I just want AM reunited with her family and friends. :sigh:

Same here. I'm from Salem, but I always see these kinds of cars when I'm in Roanoke. I believe that maybe RAT saw this "car" around town and threw it and the driver into his story. Who knows ?

I'm so impatient in cases like this because I just want AM reunited with her family and friends. :sigh:

I know Japandaa, Alexis being gone this long makes me antsy.

I just don't understand, a female family member at Smith Mountain Lake hasn't even heard about this case...what is going on down there. That area is due South of this area and folks aren't even aware. And these are a 17 yo and her 41 year old mom :( How can they not have heard about this case?

Compare the tires on Randy Taylors vehicle to the tire tracks in this ms media article/video: 2nd video at link has better pic of the tire tracks. Imo, they are a match. Combine this with how fresh the tracks are, the secluded forested location, and proximity to where Alexis was abducted. It is beyond me why a search wasn't immediately conducted once the molds were completed...

http://www.wset.com/story/23175388/...ks-on-his-property-authorities-to-search-area

Exclusive Source Tells ABC 13 He Found Tire Tracks on His Property, Authorities to Search Area

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219049"]VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - **ARREST** - #3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
Photo of Taylor's Truck posted by SWMNBN-comment #1

Not to dash anyones hopes but I wonder if Nelson county has moonshiners? I know the sw corner of the state has more illegal moonshine busts than anywhere in the country.

With any luck we will be hearing something in the next few days.I would love for Alexis' family to have some closure and some peace.

Compare the tires on Randy Taylors vehicle to the tire tracks in this ms media article/video: 2nd video at link has better pic of the tire tracks. Imo, they are a match. Combine this with how fresh the tracks are, the secluded forested location, and proximity to where Alexis was abducted. It is beyond me why a search wasn't immediately conducted once the molds were completed...

http://www.wset.com/story/23175388/...ks-on-his-property-authorities-to-search-area

Exclusive Source Tells ABC 13 He Found Tire Tracks on His Property, Authorities to Search Area

VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - **ARREST** - #3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Photo of Taylor's Truck posted by SWMNBN-comment #1

I would think they would have to legally have probable cause to search this man's property and thinking the tire tracks might be RAT's would not be enough reason.There are lots of trucks in that part of the county.Remember the FBI is methodical in the way they handle cases.They are professionals doing a job.Sadly I don't believe this is a rescue mission they are now looking at recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu