Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse me but some things are getting ridiculous! Why did LE wait so long after RAT told his story to issue a BOLO for this maroon car? Locating this car would not have been difficult had they run it thru the system. Or, as many have commented, it is known who the owner is by locals.

Even if LE thinks RAT is feeding them a story, why wait to check out the details? There are people in the office who can do computer checks on that car, easy peasy!

:banghead:

On one side maybe LE is scamming RAT pretending they believe him ,using the media to release a bit of that info to build RAT "maybe they do believe me''

On the other side if the person knows LE was looking for the car then that person would not drive the car ,or sell it or scrap it or drive it in a lake.

I also think if there was a BOLO it was in the law enforcement database not on a public level.

If LE is really looking for this guy and did not put out an APB at once, last week, that makes me a little worried. I was having such confidence in LE in this case, now I am wondering...
They put out a BOLO (be on the look out), but not an APB (all points bulletin). That tells me they are doing due diligence in checking out RATs story, but have information that makes them discount the story. It is entirely possible that an owner(or several) of said type car who happens to wear corn rows and was anywhere in the vicinity on that day, has already come forward and talked to LE, possibly clearing himself, and LE is keeping it quiet.

I would like for them to be more specific in the clothing Alexis was wearing. Are those knee high brown boots? Short boots? High heels, low heels, flats, pointed toe, square toe? Was the purse big, small, shoulder, hand? Was there a wallet? What kind? If someone finds an item, they might not know because they have an assumption of what the shoes/accessories looked like, and it may be wrong.

I just don't understand, a female family member at Smith Mountain Lake hasn't even heard about this case...what is going on down there. That area is due South of this area and folks aren't even aware. And these are a 17 yo and her 41 year old mom :( How can they not have heard about this case?

Obviously haven't been watching local news or reading local papers. And some people just aren't that interested or concerned, (neither word seem to be what I'm trying to convey!) in missing people, sleuthing, crimes, etc. You would think if they have a fb they would have heard of it...I know I am in the same area, and have posted on my page numerous times, and post when news says something as well. Would hope and pray that if I ever need the same networking, others would do the same for me. :please:

On one side maybe LE is scamming RAT pretending they believe him ,using the media to release a bit of that info to build RAT "maybe they do believe me''

On the other side if the person knows LE was looking for the car then that person would not drive the car ,or sell it or scrap it or drive it in a lake.

I also think if there was a BOLO it was in the law enforcement database not on a public level.

Along that same line of thinking, maybe they've had the car in their sight this whole time, and have been following, or tracking it to see if leads to an area of interest, or any clues to where Alexis is.

I don't know about that area but in my town, I bet I see 10 burgundy (maroon):scared:cars of that make with 22 in wheels driven by an African American male every day.

These type are cars (Caprice Classics) have been a trend for young guys since the 90s

Attachments

• 86caprice01_lg.jpg
    86caprice01_lg.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 28
The other picture I posted was 28 inch rims. Here is a Caprice with 22 inch rims

Attachments

• 1989_chevrolet_caprice_96635325524309080.jpg
    1989_chevrolet_caprice_96635325524309080.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 46
I would think they would have to legally have probable cause to search this man's property and thinking the tire tracks might be RAT's would not be enough reason.There are lots of trucks in that part of the county.Remember the FBI is methodical in the way they handle cases.They are professionals doing a job.Sadly I don't believe this is a rescue mission they are now looking at recovery.

Exactly. That's why they are not in a hurry to search the man's property. He gave them permission to make the moldings of the tire tracks. It definitely sounds like a recovery since they said they will search the land another day.

IMOO, LE is investigating the corn row aspect as non-priority in order to show in court that they did indeed look at other suspects. Again, it will be very interesting to see how much more evidence is presented on Thursday to keep the guy in jail. I am guess cell phone records.

Fwiw, when I post regarding LE's lack of haste regarding cornrow guy, it's not because I believe he is guilty or that he can lead them to Alexis, it's because I'm not sure why they don't clear him/eliminate that part of RT's story so he has to adjust, and maybe slip up.

Good point. But now that RAT has an attorney, he doesn't legally have to answer any more questions at all.

I really can't wait until LE does the necessary tests to compare the tires found on dude's property to the tires on RAT's truck. Hopefully they're in the process as I type this.

Not getting morbid or anything, but I have a curiosity question: In cases where the body of any victim is not found for years and years.... what is it that the perp does in burying the body so that they are never hardly ever discovered? Morgan Harrington was not found for like 5 months and only because a farmer was checking his fences and the body had been dug up and moved by animals, etc. I would think that about anywhere you buried a body in Virginia, unless you buried it very deep, that animals would dig it up and it would be discovered. I guess my question revolves around: where should LE be looking for these bodies that are missing? Or is it that there are just too many places that would fit the bill? Any thoughts? Why can't we find these missing and bring them home to their families!

I really can't wait until LE does the necessary tests to compare the tires found on dude's property to the tires on RAT's truck. Hopefully they're in the process as I type this.

I don't hold out much hope for that. it's probably one of many many leads they have received that is a dead end. Just my guess.

Not getting morbid or anything, but I have a curiosity question: In cases where the body of any victim is not found for years and years.... what is it that the perp does in burying the body so that they are never hardly ever discovered? Morgan Harrington was not found for like 5 months and only because a farmer was checking his fences and the body had been dug up and moved by animals, etc. I would think that about anywhere you buried a body in Virginia, unless you buried it very deep, that animals would dig it up and it would be discovered. I guess my question revolves around: where should LE be looking for these bodies that are missing? Or is it that there are just too many places that would fit the bill? Any thoughts? Why can't we find these missing and bring them home to their families!

Sometimes they are eventually found years later, right where the searchers were looking originally, but for some reason the person just wasn't found at that time. It is all very frustrating and so very sad for the family. imo

edit to clear up thought

Here is serial killer Israel Keyes case -

Israel Keyes, Serial Killer, Gave Up Bodies In Washington On Released FBI Tapes (VIDEO)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/14/israel-keyes-interview-tapes-video_n_3754539.html

He dumped some bodies in water and buried others.

One sicko in Maryland was on the stand and told the courts that the best way to get rid of a body is to throw it in the water so that it will be difficult to find another person's DNA on the body. Check for hidden wells, abandoned buildings, old elevator shafts, open fields, deep in the woods. I am trying to think of serial killer cases and where they had buried bodies.

"John Wayne Gacy buried 26 of his victims in the crawl space of his home; three further victims were buried elsewhere on his property, while the bodies of his last four known victims were discarded in the Des Plaines River."

Excuse me but some things are getting ridiculous! Why did LE wait so long after RAT told his story to issue a BOLO for this maroon car? Locating this car would not have been difficult had they run it thru the system. Or, as many have commented, it is known who the owner is by locals.

Even if LE thinks RAT is feeding them a story, why wait to check out the details? There are people in the office who can do computer checks on that car, easy peasy!

:banghead:

I may have missed it but I don't see where it has been reported when the BOLO was issued. For all we know, it has been in place for quite some time, but the Louisa stop is just the first stop made pursuant to the BOLO or more likely the only stop reported in the press. There is no doubt in my mind that RAT's story is being followed up on, and probably dismantled piece by piece.

As for the comment about needing probable cause to search the landowner's property with the tire tracks, you do not need a warrant (and the probable cause to support a warrant) if the property owner consents to a search. Obviously, he has consented to LE since they have already been there. I believe LE is several days ahead of what is being reported in the press to avoid interference with their search and investigation. This appears to be a carefully orchestrated use of the press (I am aware of only one reporter getting information directly from LE).

water...dismemberment......fire.......woodchippers I've read about it all...........unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther