TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thinking has been that whatever SA may have done to HD, it wasn't about any untoward interest in young girls or about his interest in slasher/horror stuff. But just about strongly disliking (not to put too fine a point upon it) HD with all his heart and knowing she felt the same about him.

So, just speculating, but what if something like this occurred: At Christmas dinner with CD and GF, HD says something like this, "Dad, I hate living with Mom and SA. What I want more than anything is to live with you guys. Why can't you get a job, divorce Mom, and make her and SA leave? You could move your clothes and stuff across the street, but you don't have to actually stay there every night. DD and I are old enough to take care of ourselves. Couldn't you just try, Dad? Cause that would make me happier than anything."

And suppose he says something like "Well, I hate to see you so miserable, so maybe I should start working on making that happen." Then, BD and SA learn about this on Sunday, when HD is back at home - they'd both probably be extremely upset if this could actually happen. Strong motive for SA to make HD disappear, imo. Especially if DD didn't particularly mind living with SA.

Do we know enough to speculate on whether that plan could actually be effected by CD? Like, would he be able to get custody of HD and DD? And would he be able to make BD and SA move out?

Thanks in advance if you can say whether or not CD could do this.

JMO

Why do you think no one is taking her up on it???

Maybe because the affidavits are different than what was told on the press conference and the media wants facts,they already put out the affidavits.And they might have a hard time with her being friendly with the suspect.JMO

According to the search warrant affidavit January 6th...
http://www.reporternews.com/photos/galleries/2011/jan/12/affidavit-search-vehicle/23320/?enlarge=1

During the investigation into the whereabouts of Shawn ADKINS and Billie DUNN during the time that Hailey DUNN disappeared it was determined by investigators that Shawn ADKINS and Billie DUNN had made two withdraws from a ATM machine in Snyder, Scurry County, Texas on Monday December 27th at 6:19PM and 6:20PM.

The first withdrawal was for $60.00 and the second withdrawal was for $80.00.

It was determined through the voluntary interview and voluntary admission of Billie DUNN that the money was used to purchase illegal narcotics from a person in Scurry County, Texas.

DUNN admitted that the illegal narcotics where for ADKINS and HERSELF.

So, we are to believe that BD told LE and oh by the way we purchased some illegal drugs. Just wanted to let you know that. I tend to believe BD when she says she did not tell them that. What would be the point to admit to an illegal drug purchase?? jmo

Personally, I don't think that was / is the case. I think she was well aware that any such purchase would have been illegal. Moreover, she also denied / denies purchasing any drugs altogether. She simply will not / does not admit to any such activity...she was just..."low on cash"!

IMO, she made a lame attempt to "clean up" that little purchase when she intentionally had a news reporter capture prescription meds on video.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=330806

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/13/ng.01.html

That's precisely what she appears to have admitted to on Nancy Grace. Getting a prescription refilled, but not from the pharmacy.

BBM

No, it is not. Here's what she said:

<snipped>

GRACE: OK, so are you telling me that you got, basically, a refill of prescription drugs not from the drugstore? Is that what the illegal narcotic was?

BILLIE DUNN: No. I`m not even sure what day I got the prescriptions. I think it was before then.

Your assumption would probably be wrong. It's not LE's practice to tell one parent not to speak to the media and 'let the other keep talking'. Why would they do that? Billie is not a suspect. LE might ask them not to reveal certain things, but they would never play one parent against the other.
My guess is that LE asked both parents to limit their conversations with the media and keep a very narrow focus in any interviews that do take place. One has chosen to comply; the other has not.

Just like the SA work story is different than what was in the press conference...

http://www.reporternews.com/photos/...ffidavit-search-vehicle/23317/#section_header

In the course of the missing person investigation, investigators noted numerous inconsistencies in statements made by ADKINS and reported suspicious behavior by ADKINS on and around the date Hailey DUNN&#8216;s disappearance.

According to ADKINS, he was fired from his job at WSI in Snyder on Monday, 12-27-20l0. ADKINS later informed investigators he quit his job after an altercation with his supervisor. Investigators were informed by ADKINS employer that ADKINS was a good employee and had not been fired. Investigators were also informed that ADKINS did not have any altercation with supervisors on Monday, l2-27-2010, and further stated ADKINS arrived on the premises according to their records at 6:00am on Monday, 12-27-2010; went into the break room and purchased a Dr. Pepper out of the vending machine, looked at the supervisor without saying a word, and then left the premises at 6:10am.

Your assumption would probably be wrong. It's not LE's practice to tell one parent not to speak to the media and 'let the other keep talking'. Why would they do that? Billie is not a suspect. LE might ask them not to reveal certain things, but they would never play one parent against the other.

Would have to respectfully disagree. LE plays people against one another all the time...eventhough I don't know the statistics I would venture to guess LE's success rate on solving cases by playing folks against one another is quite high. I don't think LE would consider the fact the people were parents, sisters, brothers, cousins, friends, it just wouldn't matter if LE thought it would further their investigation and solve a case. JMO.

So, we are to believe that BD told LE and oh by the way we purchased some illegal drugs. Just wanted to let you know that. I tend to believe BD when she says she did not tell them that. What would be the point to admit to an illegal drug purchase?? jmo

Uhmm.... because if your child is missing and her life might very well depend on LE finding her you tell the police the truth even if it is ugly.

The odds of you being charged with no physical evidence are slim, and even if you are, so what.

That is kind of trivial compared to the big picture, no?

Zephyr,

Clint has a brand new baby with his girlfriend. So I don't think he would make any kind of promise to Hailey like the one you described. I think Hailey was pretty convinced that her parents marriage was over and done with.

There is no way I believe LE would risk this case by putting something on an affidavit that is not true. No way, no how.

Yes,because they had to account for every minute,where the cellphone pinged,who they met,where they were,any surveillance cameras that would pick them up anywhere,etc.They were questioned for hours.

I tend to believe what they originally told LE before SA was made a suspect and it wasn't trying to divert from any guilt.

Police chief John Bivins, ADKINS was asked who was responsible, and who did investigators need to look at, to which ADKINS’ replied that investigators need to look at “both of us,” referring to himself and Billie Jean DUNN

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011/02/02/hailey-dunn-search-warrant-affidavit-january-6-2011/

I always found that comment quite interesting.

I wonder if there's two main ways to look at that comment:

1) They were both involved directly.
2) What SA was saying is that if he goes down, he'll take BD down too. It could be a threat to BD as it could be that BD knows what happened but wasn't involved.

I am off the fence about BD but I don't know if it's because I think she was involved or that she knows what happened after the fact. But what bothers me is "deception" on the questions relevant to the participation of Hailey's disappearance. However, she could have been deceptive even if she knows what happened but wasn't involved.

CCity 911 dispatch is 24/7 (as required by TX H&S Code) AND is located / housed at the C City Police Department.

IMO, there was no need to call ahead or make an appointment, per se; when 911 / Emergency Dispatch / C City PD share the same location. (nope...not believin' it).

http://tx-coloradocity.civiccities.com/index.aspx?NID=225

That's dispatch... it doesn't mean there is an officer there 24/7. Dispatchers can't file a police report... a police officer has to do that.
Maybe she thought showing up in person would get a better response than just asking that somebody come out. Look at the response the one officer gave during the 911 call in Feb. What if she thought they would do the same thing this time?

Yes,because they had to account for every minute,where the cellphone pinged,who they met,where they were,any surveillance cameras that would pick them up anywhere,etc.They were questioned for hours.

I would just love to read/hear those interviews at this point!!!

ADKINS arrived on the premises according to their records at 6:00am on Monday, 12-27-2010; went into the break room and purchased a Dr. Pepper out of the vending machine, looked at the supervisor without saying a word, and then left the premises at 6:10am.

So I'm wondering what happened to change this to he turned in his overalls/coveralls,whatever she said he turned in?

Possibly to avoid admitting some other, more incriminating, reason for withdrawing the cash. Perhaps in attempt to convince LE she was a "credible witness" and wouldn't lie, even if it was about something that didn't look good. I can think of a few reasons.

I agree though that BD probably didn't say the exact words "to purchase illegal narcotics". More likely she described purchasing prescriptions from someone other than a medical professional or authorized pharmacy, thus illegal.

The witness has no obligation to bring their observations to the MSM.
If they did I would question their motives.

Billie's version.
Shawn's version.
or LE is exagerrating (lying) to get a search warrant that they already had probable cause to get signed?

I can't quite make that leap.

I don't really care if they had a party or not.
But someone told LE that Billie hosted a party.
Billie said they had some people over for drinks.
Not that her family swooped in to care for her.

When your child is missing for 72 hours maybe you have people over for drinks. When I have had a long week, am tired, or PMSing I don't invite people over for drinks. If my child had vanished off the face of the planet I highly doubt it would be on my to do list. YMMV.

But I really doubt LE made it up or hinged their search warrant on it.

I am sorry just stepping in here but BD never said this. This is one way imo things are being misconstrued about what BD has or has not said. BD did say some may have had a drink or beer or SA may have had the same but she did not have or say she had ppl over for drinks...JMO

sweets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member