FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah - i'm currently looking still but i think i originally found it while on my MAC and i can't find my history files like i can on my PC.

Are you using Safari?

Click on the the icon that looks like a book on your bookmarks bar. Click on History. In the search tab on the right, type in a distinctive word you remember from the article (like san diego). It will show you all the links in your history that apply.

Not caught up so don't know if it was suggested. Could it have been the San Francisco Examiner? They had a lot of stories on this.

Also, can't imagine LE TELLING the neighbor unless....
hmmm, won't go there.

But, I did find what I think was an out of the way dumpster. Has anyone taken a look at the ones at OP Jr. High? Pretty secluded back there after hours, I bet.

ETA: If that were the case, could pencil sharpening dust be what was mistaken for soot? Or am I creeping too far off the ledge?

Can you give a hint as to what you are thinking about LE telling the neighbor?

I did find what I think was an out of the way dumpster. Has anyone taken a look at the ones at OP Jr. High? Pretty secluded back there after hours, I bet.

I found one too. From 1080 Gano, keep heading west. Go past Grove Park Drive north and south. The next street that heads south (it's not labelled on Google. Just down that road there is a dumpster and some large garbage cans (right near the little pond).

here is a wooded area that is at the corner of Fromhart and Gano....leads into the ball park area, just before the Clothes Closet.....this would be on the opposite side of the road that Somer walked home on, right across from the burnt home....
102_1627.jpg

Did you follow to see if they smoked salems?:croc:
LOL...no, hubby was driving....but it was a rather new car....kinda like a fancy pathfinder or something....bright yellow with black accents....I was thinking it was prob family with the posting of the dates in big decals across the back window.....MO

Ping, I've checked this with shade-tree experts, and there is no reason whatsoever that anyone can think of why those tanks would have had soot beside them.
It's just that they work like a gas tank in a vehicle. Gas in, gas out. No soot, I don't think, unless someone else can contradict this.
I may be wrong. It's been known to happen, lol.

I'm sleepy and not thinking too clearly, but could soot from the burned house have stuck to the propane tanks and all of it didn't get washed off from the rains? But wasn't there a fence around those tanks? Maybe soot left on the fence around the tanks? Could someone have been burning construction wood or leaves, say behind the gano house that morning because of the chilly weather, like to build a fire to warm by. Is that legal in Flordia within the city?

I've asked this question before and never got a reply so I'm still curious...to the locals, how heavy is the traffic down Gano right after school lets out? I'd just like to know what is the probability she crossed Gano somewhere other than an intersection with a crossing guard.

If the traffic is real heavy then I think the odds are good she was abducted or attacked on the south side of Gano. If the traffic is light then she could have more likely crossed Gano to the north side and continued towards home.

when I saw the 1080 home...all I could see thru the windows and from the street were new studs....I don't think there would still be soot there....I think the soot would have had to be outside in that dumpster......and I think any on the ground from may or june would have been washed into the ground by now.....MO.....as for the tanks...they are snow white....and the grass is kept cut around them....the grass has prob been cut 10 times at least since the fire back in may/june....when ever it was....

you know what I find so odd...while watching the very first presser that Sheriff did with DT....DT was asked what she thinks happened, and she very clearly states that she believes that Somer was taken by someone.....she had no problem saying this.....then a min later, when the Sheriff was asked what he thinks happened, he says the exact same thing and DT just starts sobbing....I just found that odd.....MO

I definitely see why it would look odd, but I can understand this type of reaction. During extremely stressful situations many of us kind of go on automatic. DT may have felt detached, almost robotic and strictly logical when she made that statement. However hearing the Sheriff, a member of law enforcement who's had special training in these matters, confirm he suspected the same, probably suddenly made it real for her. JMO.

I've returned from the pits....

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=49317740001

Jeannie Blaylock with First Coast News says starting around the 5:35 minute mark:

Somer's 14 year old brother was out yesterday for 3 hours and looked for his sister and looked and looked and then finally just came home and collapsed....

Also, she goes on a little and then this:

Yesterday when Somer was was had the little squabble with friend at school - her older sister is 10 and tried to calm her down, and they were walking from school around a lot of people...i mean patrol officers, police officers, and as she was walking down the sidewalk sister is trying to calm her down and apparently somer just takes off, and was chased for a while by older sister but she couldn't keep up with her - sherrif told me just a moment ago she could have gone into a wooded area, she could have gone into a sidestreet, she could have gone into a pond...

[sorry if it's not word for word --- you have to watch it!!!!! It's long but worthy of your time...]

ETA: video is from 10/20/09 12pm

here is a pic that I took to show the slide in the yard of the burnt home....I cannot see any black soot anywhere here....
102_1660-3.jpg

SDC10102-1.jpg

this one was taken to show the huge gap in the fence that Somer could have slipped thru...no soot here either

and that tree is just soooooo big, she could have easily hid behind it as others walked by....MO

and that tree is just soooooo big, she could have easily hid behind it as others walked by....MO

And Kyle said she walked around the house. Whatever that means. To the back?

Why did she go in there in the first place?????

I feel she was lured in there.

They are going to give me a lock of her hair, but I'm
not going to be able to see her," said Thompson, 34. "I wanted to tell
somebody that
, so maybe it'll make somebody want to say something if
they've seen anything. Anything. Somebody please tell."

Beseler said. Somer’s
casket was closed for the viewing and it was recommended her mother not
view her daughter. Thompson has a lock of her daughter’s hair. “It
just probably was better to keep the memory of her alive the last time
she saw her rather than her present condition,” Beseler said. “It’s
just a recommendation. You’ve got to remember she was in a landfill for
a couple of days.”

DT comment of I just wanted to "tell somebody that" sounds more like she is giving someone info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa