GUILTY MA - Colleen Ritzer, 24, brutally murdered, Danvers, 22 Oct 2013 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about his mother? Did he live with her? Are there other siblings? I can't imagine this beautiful woman's horror when he came after her. To be attacked in a bathroom its such a closed space. My sympathy to her family & friends.

Ciao

This case is extremely, extremely disturbing. A young teacher would never, ever suspect that she has to be worried about being brutally murdered while in her school building and then wheeled out in the recycle bin.

The brazen actions of this "kid" and his actions afterward speaks volumes. This kid is a sociopathic monster and since we KNOW he did it, I won't say what I really think should be done to him....

BUT, what is more disturbing to me is some already trying to make excuses for him by saying things like these kids are just growing up and finding themselves. BULL! Many, MANY MANY kids have had issues in their lives and they DO NOT brutally slash a person's throat with a razor and dispose of the body like it's a piece of trash and then go enjoy a movie and burger afterward. If one truly feels he can be "redeemed" why don't you open your house and family to him in a few years after he is "redeemed." This kid and kids like him are monsters and as long as we as a society keep making excuses for their behavior, we will continue to see this type of thing happen.

RIP Colleen.

I echo what everyone else is saying... this is very disturbing. He's a monster, but I can't help but be sad for our youth lately. Seeing him in court he just looks childlike. I'm looking forward to hearing more facts. I read he's shown on the surveillence tape coming from the bathroom covered in blood. He had a backpack with clothes (soccer practice clothes?) and I wonder where he showered and changed. I have a morbid curiosity to see all the video.

"Not long after he met with Ritzer, Chism was seen running away from the soccer field, hurriedly telling teammates he had something he needed to take care of, said friends. Around 4:15 p.m., he arrived at a movie theater near his home and bought a ticket to a Woody Allen movie, “Blue Jasmine.” He was by himself in the theater."

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...able-school/GzCbAIOtxQIe3EAabTrBGP/story.html

BBM

So i guess this clears up whether he was seen at soccer afterwards, but did PC actually attend practice for a short time after the alleged crime and then abruptly leave, or did he just happen to pass by the field? It sounds to me like he just ran past the field?? I don't think the timeline would allow for him to have actually attended soccer practice for any length of time.

What about his mother? Did he live with her? Are there other siblings? I can't imagine this beautiful woman's horror when he came after her. To be attacked in a bathroom its such a closed space. My sympathy to her family & friends.

Ciao

I've read a few articles that state he lived with his mother and at least one sister. His parents were separated (divorced?) and his father is in Florida with Philip's grandmother. I've also read articles that say his father was military and always deployed.

~bbm

I read that earlier and it caught my eye. Oddly phrased. Why would a math teacher have any reason to have known that a brand new math student could draw? Maybe she was just being a little funny/sarcastic because he was doodling instead of working on classwork?

jmo

He wasn't "brand new". He had moved to the area over the summer so he probably started classes at the beginning of the school year. Long enough to develop normal (not sexual) student-teacher relationship at the least.

He wasn't "brand new". He had moved to the area over the summer so he probably started classes at the beginning of the school year. Long enough to develop normal (not sexual) student-teacher relationship at the least.

I'm from the East Coast and school typically starts the Tuesday after Labor Day. So he would have been in school about 5-6 weeks. To me, the way she phrased her question could mildly imply (or not) that they did have some type of mentor relationship going on outside of school hours where she would have acquired some general, non-specific-to-math information about him already. If this wasn't the first time he'd stayed after class with her or she'd expressed interest in him as a person, not just a math student, a 14 yo with a crush and some "issues" could misconstrue that as a potential romantic interest. I remember having a mad crush on one of my teachers in HS and having very unrealistic expectations about how that might turn out. Fortunately, I wasn't murderous at the time when that didn't work out for me :)

Yes, smashing the cellphones out of rage is another possibility, i wonder if he did it before the movie or after the movie? Who knows what his state of mind was at either point. Was he calm, cool and collected, feeling enraged, or perhaps out of sorts? PC was found walking down an open road approx 5 miles from Danvers, how did he get there? Did he walk, have a ride?

I think going to the movie theatre and his choice of movie was not so much based on what movie he wanted to see but more of a way to hide, calm down or create an alibi. He probably had such a sense of urgency that he chose just any movie.

JMO
Hollywood hits theater is not even close to 5 miles from the High school. I am blindly guessing 2 miles max. I am 40+ years in the area.

This case is extremely, extremely disturbing. A young teacher would never, ever suspect that she has to be worried about being brutally murdered while in her school building and then wheeled out in the recycle bin.

The brazen actions of this "kid" and his actions afterward speaks volumes. This kid is a sociopathic monster and since we KNOW he did it, I won't say what I really think should be done to him....

BUT, what is more disturbing to me is some already trying to make excuses for him by saying things like these kids are just growing up and finding themselves. BULL! Many, MANY MANY kids have had issues in their lives and they DO NOT brutally slash a person's throat with a razor and dispose of the body like it's a piece of trash and then go enjoy a movie and burger afterward. If one truly feels he can be "redeemed" why don't you open your house and family to him in a few years after he is "redeemed." This kid and kids like him are monsters and as long as we as a society keep making excuses for their behavior, we will continue to see this type of thing happen.

RIP Colleen.

I agree. The brutality (and apparent planning) of this crime are way over the top. "Finding oneself" does not include brutal, senseless murder. Ever. IMO, this kid can not be rehabilitated. If he's let out, he will kill again. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Just google mapped it. Slightly over 3 miles. May have a shorter route walking, ways thats cars Cant go (up one ways the wrong way, cutting through shopping areas, etc) but not a LOT. shorter.

From the several links excerpted and quoted below, I've put together a time line.
Pls feel free to suggest corrections (if you post correction on the thread, pls alert me by PM too, so I can change and add it on the thread.)
Esp. welcome = suggestions for lines in red below.

TIMELINE
Oct 22 Tues.
pm
_?_ *** ……….. During math class, CR asks PC to stay after class
3:15 *....….…... PC is seen sitting in CR’s classrm; teacher standing at computer, per student
3:30***…………PC followed CR in faculty bathroom
# ………….in regular student girls’ bathroom
# …………CR is punched a couple times, killed w. box cutter PC brought into school
_?_ # ……….. CR’s body is placed in recycling bin, rolled outside
# …………Body is tossed from bin, ~20 ft into woods behind h/s athletic fields
# …………bin is pushed over embankment ~100 ft from body
…………__________anything? _________
_?_ * ……….. PC is seen by teammates running from practice field
4:00 *...............PC misses soccer practice
##………..PC seen bought tix for “Blue Jasmine” 4:30 showing, per theater mgr.
4:15 ### …….. video of Chism entering the theater, paying $8.00 in cash for tix
_?_ ?…………CR’s smashed phone was left close to theater
_?_ ? …………PC’s smashed phone was left close to theater
6:00 *...............PC misses team dinner
6:15 ### ………video of PC leaving theater bldg after movie ended
_?_ #…………..PC at Wendy’s
_?_……….PC used CR’s bank card to buy at Wendy’s
6:30 *...............PC is seen at movie theater near home
***……….. Hollywood Hits Cinema, showing “Blue Jasmine”
~7:34***……….LE receives rpt CR missing
9:25*................LE tweet re PC as missing person
___
Late ***…….….LE discovered body behind school
Oct 23 Wed.
am
~12:00 **………LE found CR’s body close to school
12:30*………….PC is found by LE, walking North on SB Rte.1, in Topsfield

Sources:
* pub. Th Oct 24 http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/10/24/mystery-lingers-over-student-motive-alleged-slaying-teacher-counselors-available-school/GzCbAIOtxQIe3EAabTrBGP/story.html?rss_id=Top-GNP
" Cambria Cloutier, another 14-year-old freshman, who was also in the class, said she walked by Ritzer’s classroom at about 3:15 pm. “She was standing at her computer and he was just sitting there,” Cloutier said. “It just looked normal, like any other day.”
"Chism was last seen around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at a movie theater near his house. Danvers police issued a tweet, seeking him as a missing child at 9:25 p.m. Chism was found by police in neighboring Topsfield at 12:30 a.m. Wednesday, walking north on the southbound side of Route 1."
"Several of Chism’s soccer teammates said he had mysteriously vanished Tuesday afternoon, missing the team practice at 4 p.m. and a team dinner at 6. Teammates last saw the youth running away from the practice field, breathlessly telling them he had something he needed to take care of."
BBM
** pub. Th. Oct 24 http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/14-year-old-teacher-bathroom-slashed-throat-found-dead-woods-report-article-1.1495047
“Investigators found Ritzer’s body shortly after midnight while combing through the area around the school after they found blood in the bathroom, Essex District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett said.”

*** pub. Th. Oct 24 http://abcnews.go.com/US/phillip-chisms-grandmother-feels-sadness-regret-slain-teacher/story?id=20665538
“Danvers High School teacher Colleen Ritzer offered
suspect Philip Chism after-school math tutoring on the day of her murder, a student told ABC News today.
"She just asked him to stay after for help because he needed it," student Rania Rhaedaoui said.
Rhaedaoui was sitting two seats away from Chism, 14, who she said had remained quiet in math class and shunned group work in class, preferring to work alone.
"He just didn't raise his hand once, didn't ask any questions," she said.
On Tuesday, while his classmates completed worksheets, Rhaedaoui said Chism instead chose to draw in his notebook.
Ms. Ritzer noticed, but instead of getting mad at the student for being off task, Rhaedaoui said she expressed interest in the fact Chism could draw.
"She connected with all of her students, so she knew if something was wrong or if you needed help with anything," Rhaedaoui said…..”
“After he allegedly killed Ritzer, police said the teen went to the Hollywood Hits Cinema, where he reportedly watched Woody Allen's ‘Blue Jasmine.’"
“Police discovered Ritzer's blood in a second-floor bathroom late Tuesday night before her body was found behind the school, Essex County District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett said Wednesday. Chism was arrested early Wednesday morning.”
“Investigators say Chism killed Ritzer around 3:30 p.m. Tuesday in the school's faculty bathroom.
and that surveillance cameras show him using what appears to be a recycling bin to move her body to the woods behind the school.”
“Chism was reported missing at 5:34 p.m. by a family member, according to the district attorney's office. A few hours later, Danvers Police received a report that Ritzer, who lived in Andover, had not returned home from work and was not answering her cell phone.”
# pub. Th. Oct 24 http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/24/justice/massachusetts-danvers-school-killing/
“With a box cutter the suspect, 14-year-old
Philip Chism, had brought into school, a source close to the investigation says.”
“What happened to her body afterward? It was stashed in a recycling bin, rolled outside, then dumped about 20 feet into woods behind the northeastern Massachusetts high school's athletic fields, adds another source. It was left there -- not buried, not even covered.
“And where did the alleged killer go afterward? After changing his clothes, he went to a Wendy's fast food restaurant and a movie, sources say, …”
“…. Ritzer had gone to a regular students' girls bathroom on Danver High's second floor, as someone was in the locked faculty bathroom, a source close to the investigation said.”
“This bathroom wasn't locked. Chism allegedly followed her in.”
“There, Ritzer was punched a few times before being killed with a box cutter around 3:30 p.m., said a source.”
Her body went into a recycling bin, then outside the school where it was tossed. Authorities eventually found a bin that apparently had been thrown off an embankment some 100 feet away from Ritzer's body, a source said.”
## pub Th. Oct 24 http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/10/24/math-teacher-box-cutter-death/3177855/
“Police had tweeted Tuesday that Chism was last seen about 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Hollywood Hits movie theater in Danvers. Theater manager Scott Przybcien told the
Boston Herald that Chism saw the 4:30 p.m. screening of the Woody Allen film Blue Jasmine.”
###
pub. Th. Oct 24 http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...usaolp00000003
“…video showed Chism entering the theater at about 4:15 p.m., paying $8.00 in cash for a movie ticket, then leaving the building at about 6:15 p.m., after the movie ended….”

You know, everyone wants all the answers right now, everyone wants to throw this kid away for good, right now. I agree this was a heinous murder. Kids don't just, out of the blue, one day wake up and decide to murder their teacher or anyone else.
I will give the court time to do a mental evaluation on this kid and see what happens from there.
I am frustrated with the amount of crime going on in this world today, with nobody seeming to accept responsibility for themselves, just as all of you are.
I am not willing to lump every kid into one ball of hopelessness without hearing the whole story.
If he is a murdering psychopath with no redeemable qualities, we will find out in due time.
But, hey, that's just me.

I'm usually one to favor rehabilitation. But with crimes this calculated and brutal, I just don't see how such a killer can be cured.

I'm not completely convinced of the premeditation part yet, but I agree that slashing someone to death with a box cutter type weapon is probably not something you can "come back from." I would have a hard time doing that, I think, even if someone were about to kill me if I didn't. I'm not even sure if I could, actually, unless the adrenaline would be enough.

For the timeline:

The movie Blue Jasmine is rated PG13 and runs 1 hour and 38 minutes.

From the Hollywood Hits website.

You know, everyone wants all the answers right now, everyone wants to throw this kid away for good, right now. I agree this was a heinous murder. Kids don't just, out of the blue, one day wake up and decide to murder their teacher or anyone else.
I will give the court time to do a mental evaluation on this kid and see what happens from there.
I am frustrated with the amount of crime going on in this world today, with nobody seeming to accept responsibility for themselves, just as all of you are.
I am not willing to lump every kid into one ball of hopelessness without hearing the whole story.
If he is a murdering psychopath with no redeemable qualities, we will find out in due time.
But, hey, that's just me.

Yes, he should be thrown away for good RIGHT NOW and for as long as into the future they are going to drag this out. He slashed a young women's throat with a razor blade, put her in a recycle bin, dumped her in the woods like a piece of trash, and then went to a movie and had a burger. How much more of the story do you want to hear??

Like I said, let him come live with you and your family and it is has been deemed that he is "rehabilitated" or it is found he has some "redeeming qualities."

He followed her into the bathroom, punched her, slashed her throat with a box cutter, was covered in her blood, then wheeled her body out in a recycling bin and dumped her in the woods behind the school. After all that horror, he had a burger at Wendy's on her credit card, then took in a movie, appearing normal to everyone around him. The next day he's in court answering to a charge of first-degree murder, with a face devoid of expression.

A 14-year old stone cold killer. A sociopath and/or psychopath. No other explanation seems possible.

http://m.salemnews.com/TSN/pm_104190/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=E81XwMva

Judge seals documents in Danvers murder investigation
Julie Manganis
10/25/2013 9:25 AM

"DANVERS -- A Salem District Court judge has sealed all of the documents pertaining to a search warrant issued in the Danvers High School murder investigation.

The order seals not only the search warrant application and affidavit by state police trooper Robert LaBarge, which would have contained information required to legally justify the search, but the results of the search and even the District Attorney's motion to impound the record.

It was issued yesterday afternoon at 4:14 p.m. by Judge Michael Lauranzano, just minutes before the court closed for the day."

More...

A little information about PC family. Not sure who has reported that he didn't have contact with his father.
The teen was reported missing around the same time, when he didn’t return to the home he shared with his mother and 13-year-old sister.

The teen lived with his 34-year-old mother, Diana, and had lost contact with his father, 38, who served in the Army National Guard in Tennessee from 1994 to 2002.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-allegedly-killing-bathroom-article-1.1496308

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa