GUILTY MA - Colleen Ritzer, 24, brutally murdered, Danvers, 22 Oct 2013 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there will be another trial after this, in the assault and attempted murder of the detention lady. Wow!

Smh ... This is one of those cases that you really feel for the parents of the perpetrator in addition to the parents and family and friends of the victim

Wow .. a lot of clothing changes. I have a house full of guests or I would go through and put it all together to show all the changes.. but he had quite a bit. Does anyone else have the time to do so?

Here's what I got from the tweets about clothing and backpacks. He arrived at school with 3 backpacks, wearing no glasses, blue jeans, red shirt. Throughout the day he put on and took off the red shirt, wore a white tshirt, blue hoodie, black shirt. He changed into shorts. His shoes and socks were changed. He put on and took off gloves and a mask. He put on his glasses. When he left the school he was wearing black shorts, black shirt, black socks, blue sneakers, and glasses and had 2 backpacks.

Here's the tweets about clothes/backpacks:

Another vantage shows #PhilipChism walking down hallway. He's in blue jeans and red shirt. He's wearing a back pack & carrying 2 other bags

Another video clip shows #PhilipChism entering Ritzer class for math. He's wearing a back pack and carrying a red draw string type backpack too

Now again seeing video of #PhilipChism following Ritzer into bathroom, hood up, putting on gloves.

He arrives for class in a red sweatshirt. But when he leaves the room he's wearing a blue hoodie.

Seeing for the first time video of #PhilipChism running outside in white tshirt, continues to jog back inside, up stairs.

Now blue hoodie is gone, dressed in white tshirt and jeans

Another video clip shows #PhilipChism with red sweatshirt over his head, heading down a stairwell

#PhilipChism comes back, wearing red sweatshirt, running, and that's when he sees soccer friend who was supposed to be meeting him outside.

Now has red sweatshirt back on

Video shows #PhilipChism rolling recycling bin into bathroom. 6 min pass, he comes out wearing mask, struggling with bin.

Now has on black ski mask (he pulled it down to his neck when he got to the parking lot)

Video shows him returning to his locker, then he goes to boys room on floor 3

He leaves boys room now in a black shirt

Now has on black shirt and jeans

#PhilipChism exits third floor stairwell, he's got a white and blue Nike backpack on now

#PhilipChism goes back in second floor girls room

Video shows #PhilipChism now in black shorts and barefoot going down a stairwell and leaving building

Now has on black shorts and no shoes, black shirt

Video picks up #PhilipChism in front of academic wing at 421 pm

#PhilipChism has blue sneakers and black socks on

Now has on black shorts, black shirt, black socks, blue sneakers

Video now showing #PhilipChism exiting gym, wearing glasses, doubling back. He just seems to be walking around a lot.

He's wearing 2 drawstring type backpacks

Leaves school wearing black shorts, black shirt, black socks, blue sneakers, glasses, 2 backpacks

Here's what I got from the tweets about clothing and backpacks. He arrived at school with 3 backpacks, wearing no glasses, blue jeans, red shirt. Throughout the day he put on and took off the red shirt, wore a white tshirt, blue hoodie, black shirt. He changed into shorts. His shoes and socks were changed. He put on and took off gloves and a mask. He put on his glasses. When he left the school he was wearing black shorts, black shirt, black socks, blue sneakers, and glasses and had 2 backpacks.

Here's the tweets about clothes/backpacks:

Another vantage shows #PhilipChism walking down hallway. He's in blue jeans and red shirt. He's wearing a back pack & carrying 2 other bags

Another video clip shows #PhilipChism entering Ritzer class for math. He's wearing a back pack and carrying a red draw string type backpack too

Now again seeing video of #PhilipChism following Ritzer into bathroom, hood up, putting on gloves.

He arrives for class in a red sweatshirt. But when he leaves the room he's wearing a blue hoodie.

Seeing for the first time video of #PhilipChism running outside in white tshirt, continues to jog back inside, up stairs.

Now blue hoodie is gone, dressed in white tshirt and jeans

Another video clip shows #PhilipChism with red sweatshirt over his head, heading down a stairwell

#PhilipChism comes back, wearing red sweatshirt, running, and that's when he sees soccer friend who was supposed to be meeting him outside.

Now has red sweatshirt back on

Video shows #PhilipChism rolling recycling bin into bathroom. 6 min pass, he comes out wearing mask, struggling with bin.

Now has on black ski mask (he pulled it down to his neck when he got to the parking lot)

Video shows him returning to his locker, then he goes to boys room on floor 3

He leaves boys room now in a black shirt

Now has on black shirt and jeans

#PhilipChism exits third floor stairwell, he's got a white and blue Nike backpack on now

#PhilipChism goes back in second floor girls room

Video shows #PhilipChism now in black shorts and barefoot going down a stairwell and leaving building

Now has on black shorts and no shoes, black shirt

Video picks up #PhilipChism in front of academic wing at 421 pm

#PhilipChism has blue sneakers and black socks on

Now has on black shorts, black shirt, black socks, blue sneakers

Video now showing #PhilipChism exiting gym, wearing glasses, doubling back. He just seems to be walking around a lot.

He's wearing 2 drawstring type backpacks

Leaves school wearing black shorts, black shirt, black socks, blue sneakers, glasses, 2 backpacks

Request of the moderator of this thread ...

Usually a new thread is started when it gets to 1000 posts and we are past that.

When you start a new thread can you please put this above quoted post on the new one?

Thank You moderators for all that you do! And thank you for everyone for posting all the tweets and following up on questions.

Great thread we have here

Was he really thinking that changing his clothes so many times would somehow fool LE or confuse them?

He left his fingerprints on the bin, his id next to the body, and there might be more direct evidence we are yet to hear about.

Not the brightest?

Just being again reminded here of the attempted murder, I remembered something I meant to ask - he said a few weeks ago he felt he might get violent. That was when he didn't want to come into court. But he isn't handcuffed and shackled now, is he? Why are people not afraid of him? His (female) lawyers sitting next to him, aren't they afraid he could suddenly freak out and attack them?

Was he really thinking that changing his clothes so many times would somehow fool LE or confuse them?

He left his fingerprints on the bin, his id next to the body, and there might be more direct evidence we are yet to hear about.

Not the brightest?

He was 14 at the time, I don't know if he knew anything about all the video or forensics. He tried hiding with the hoodie, used gloves and thought he hid everything in the woods. Thought about the need to change out of bloody clothes and brought them. I think he did think he could get away with it.

Just being again reminded here of the attempted murder, I remembered something I meant to ask - he said a few weeks ago he felt he might get violent. That was when he didn't want to come into court. But he isn't handcuffed and shackled now, is he? Why are people not afraid of him? His (female) lawyers sitting next to him, aren't they afraid he could suddenly freak out and attack them?

They don't show if Chism is shackled to the floor, he might be. But he is heavily guarded, when we had a livestream I would see 5 LE surrounding him at the defense table. And I noticed that the female attorney sits at another table behind him.

They might be. I had clients I was uncomfortable to sit next to, but I couldn't show it. :twocents:

However, it is considered highly prejudicial to have a defendant shackled before a jury. It rarely happens, and it's a high bar to clear to have it done. In my state, defendants almost always have leg shackles under their pants below the table that the jury can't see. The defense attorney makes an oral motion to the judge to unshackle the defendant, which really only unshackles their hands. This is also so the defendant can participate in their case by writing notes to their attorneys.

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/ny-court-of-appeals/1616177.html

new thread coming, sorry guys hectic day. In ten minutes this one will close. I am carrying over some of the morning trial tweets to the new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500