Theory #1: Stranger Abduction by the "Couple in the Car"

You know, in my heart of hearts I do think she was abducted, either by some plan with the folks in the car or what I don't know. But what is bugging me now is 'The Plan' the G's wrote with the date January, 16, 1973. If Anna fell into the creek that day, what a coincidence for dates!

what if things did not go as they had planned that day and she did fall into the creak, then there would have been no plan
i believe that she was taken, and is still alive.

You know, in my heart of hearts I do think she was abducted, either by some plan with the folks in the car or what I don't know. But what is bugging me now is 'The Plan' the G's wrote with the date January, 16, 1973. If Anna fell into the creek that day, what a coincidence for dates!

Your point is valid, but one correction: the "Plan" note indicated that something involving "ACE" (undoubtedly Anna) was to occur in January 1973 - not specifically the 16th.

Your point is valid, but one correction: the "Plan" note indicated that something involving "ACE" (undoubtedly Anna) was to occur in January 1973 - not specifically the 16th.

I don't remember much about this note and searching "The Plan" gives too many results. Is there a link to it? Thanks!

I don't remember much about this note and searching "The Plan" gives too many results. Is there a link to it? Thanks!

When you searched, did you search this forum only? There is lots of discussion on the plan, but in which thread I'm not sure.

The actual photo of the doc is in the flickr link at this post:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Images only - No Discussion

Also, if one clicks on the paper clips (on the right after thread titles) a list of attachments comes up. That's another easier way to find things.

hth

ETA: I did a quick search and the majority of the discussion on the plan appears to be in the BFH or Box from Hell threads. hth

~~ Dr. Doogie, thanks for correcting me on the specifics of the date for the plan. I think I have that entire date stamped in my brain. ;-):seeya:

http://classiccars.com/listing/172545.html

I located this site today. They have Chev Impala's dating from any year. I put 1965 - 1969. If I recall Anna's bro said the car was a 4 door? But maybe this is the colour, sort of a green/gold.
You can also pick the State/Province in which generates where the cars are.

I tried to save as - to my pictures however the pictures are blank hence the link.

Thx.

Hey....I'm new to the site but a longtime follower of Anna's case. I would love to get some feedback about this idea I've had for a while now. It seems that the online matches have been exhausted, regarding profiles of Jane Does. Anyhow, this is just an idea that is based on loosely connected evidence. I think Annasbro's account of the couple is substantial and think they abducted Anna. Long story short, I think her abduction is connected to Jeffrey Bratcher's abduction from a Washington park. And that based on appearances and locale, Anna and Jeffrey could be the Mendocino County John and Jane Does. I can expand on that but I'm typing on my phone and it is terribly slow. Anyhow, I would love to get some feedback. Good luck on your sleuthing.
T

Sorry. My dumb phone changed the name in the previous post. I intended to write that Anna's case could be related to JEFFREY MICHAEL BRATCHER. Anyhow, hope that helped.
T

Hey....I'm new to the site but a longtime follower of Anna's case. I would love to get some feedback about this idea I've had for a while now. It seems that the online matches have been exhausted, regarding profiles of Jane Does. Anyhow, this is just an idea that is based on loosely connected evidence. I think Annasbro's account of the couple is substantial and think they abducted Anna. Long story short, I think her abduction is connected to Jeffrey Bratcher's abduction from a Washington park. And that based on appearances and locale, Anna and Jeffrey could be the Mendocino County John and Jane Does. I can expand on that but I'm typing on my phone and it is terribly slow. Anyhow, I would love to get some feedback. Good luck on your sleuthing.
T

both the jane and john doe were both around 13-14 male was believed to be 13 and female not over 14 and the hight of the girl would have been to tall to be Anna

T
Thank you for your input. Anna's DNA has been compared to that of all unidentifieds in the national database and there has been no match. We are waiting on DNA results from a bone fragment found about seven miles from where she disappeared, but the local coroner seem to think it is unlikely that there will be a match.

Hi and welcome to WS tyroneous1 :welcome:

I think Anna would be too young to be the Mendocino Jane Doe. smile22 started the thread for the Mendocino John and Jane Doe. Mendocino Jane Doe was believed to be 14. Anna would have been 11 in July of 1979 when this jane was found. I'd have to look again, but my guess would be Anna would have only been 9 or 10 at the time it is believed Mendocino Jane Doe died.

Going to look now to confirm.

From memory. I think I recall reading they initially thought these two were siblings, but dna proved they were not related. So, I think dna exists. Since both cases are in CA, I think we are safe to assume dna has been compared or would have on a database run of some sort. I'm not really sure how they do that.... but I'm fairly certain Mendocino Jane Doe is not Anna.

That's really cool. Good to know they've compared her DNA to others. I had no idea.
Also, the Mendocino Doe DNA sounded like they only had mitochondrial DNA. I would be interested what technique they used. Anyhow, intriguing none the less. Wish I could do more.

I believe the dna on file for Anna is also mitochondrial dna. the samples taken from her mother and half brothers. From the research I've done, mt-dna is less degradable than nuclear dna. I'm not an expert, so my knowledge is layman only...

Some of Anna's personal items were submitted to see if nuclear dna could be obtained, from memory they were not able to obtain any nuclear dna from her personal items.

just thought of something pertaining to the stranger couple in the car. its been so long since that attempted kidnapping happened. I am wondering if annas brother remembers if the stranger called anna by her name or asked her name at any point when they saw them.? did she mention anything that was something anna had, and only the Georges would have known to tell this women and man.?

First off I know that Anna's family checks in here, now and then. Please know that y'all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Someone questioned why the couple may have first spoke to Anna when she was with her brothers, if their thoughts were kidnapping her. Many moons ago, when I was around 11 (in the early 90s) someone approached me and a friend at the bus stop. They were specifically speaking to my friend, but were engaging me in the conversation to a certain degree. I've felt for years that maybe they were trying to gain trust to then get her in the car. At the point that attempted to lure her in the car I grabbed her arm and pulled her into a neighbor's yard. By this time my mom realizes what is going on (as we lived across the street) and starts out the door and towards the car. They take off down the street and stop at the next bus stop (with a 11 y.o. male, another friend of mine) and attempt to lure him in the car using a different method (my mom started running that way, as it was just a block down the road and within our ability to see what was happening) and they took off again. Possibly the couple was attempting to gain Anna's trust by addressing her when others were around, whom she trusted.

Also, while I personally do not believe that the Mendocino Jane Doe is Anna, 5'5" is not necessarily impossible for an 11 y.o. girl. My 10 y.o. is 5'3". Yes, it is uncommon, as she towers over girls her age, it is not impossible.

both the jane and john doe were both around 13-14 male was believed to be 13 and female not over 14 and the hight of the girl would have been to tall to be Anna
There has been a break considering the identification of the vehicles and my sister’s disappearance. It is concerning someone that says they witnessed the Bratcher abduction. They sent me this picture ( along with the owner of the vehicles which match my memory). The years match, the vehicles match ( the white van was observed directly after my sister’s disappearance) the picture of the woman matches, and this individual said he witnessed two abductions with a similar MO. I have reported this information to Grays harbor( Bratcher investigation) and am in the process of reporting it to an investigator in San Mateo county.

Attachments

• 3FFDDA1B-D6A9-4190-A773-73BE00892D44.jpeg
    3FFDDA1B-D6A9-4190-A773-73BE00892D44.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 83

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads