2008.06.16 James T. says he saw Caylee alive around Noon #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm :praying: for 12 just like him on the jury!

No kidding! Thanks for sticking up for poor old JT, BJB. I don't blame any man for noticing what KC clearly wanted to flaunt. I'm sure women did too. She was a bit pushy. Imo, that makes the poor dude human and hetero is all.

What I liked about his statement was that noticing her sexuality did not prevent him from also noticing and being rather turned off by the clearly unpleasant and disconnected way she interacted with her child. The fact his own emotional baggage slipped through just gave it more credibility to me, as if his observations were genuine and not careful or measured.

As long as any male jurors on this case use the right organ at trial to determine guilt or innocence, I have no problem with them noticing KC's sexuality - it is certainly going to be part of the case. She didn't make and post all those nasty photos of herself to pass off as art.

I just don't see this as true.Casey was on tv everywhere,not just Orlando.It was first reported it was the 9TH OF JUNE CAYLEE WAS MISSING.THAT IS THE DAY HE SAW HER.

I think we can all agree that the June 9 date is incorrect since there is Video of Caylee visiting w/ her GGrampa on Father's Day in the nursing home on June 15.

We know she was into photography, so maybe she wanted a larger/better monitor with higher resolution/dpi.

Yes, we heard that from SP. From the pics I've seen of her she doesn't look like she is very into photography. I'm into photography and by my photos that is evident. I didn't find that to be the case with her in reference to what we've seen. Your post is the most plausible that I've seen so far though:)

Yes, we heard that from SP. From the pics I've seen of her she doesn't look like she is very into photography. I'm into photography and by my photos that is evident. I didn't find that to be the case with her in reference to what we've seen. Your post is the most plausible that I've seen so far though:)

IIRC, we heard something similar from Jesse ('bout bein' into photography as a hobby) when he stated that he noticed mucho photos of Caylee deleted from Casey's online account(s) the night/morning of 7/15-7/16. Just depends on your definition of "into" it in this case, IMHO. I think it is safe to say Casey prolly liked to take alot of pics...so...in some peeps view that means she's "into" photography IYKWIM.

Rambled a little about this earlier. Methinks the attempt-to-purchase-monitor-@-Techbay episode actually included the Caylee-opening-door scene and happened on 6/16 (vs. Walmart on 6/16). Given that context...I think there's tremendous value to be sleuthed in why 10-minutes-@-a-time Casey needed/wanted a monitor for a laptop precisely @ THAT time.

Methinks it was for Caylee to watch her own movie that evening @ Tony's (or elsewhere) so Casey could give her undivided attention to Tony. Then...w/ the purchase of the monitor not working out...was thinking it might've been an attempt to leave Caylee in the car w/ the laptop/DVD playing...in the backseat or trunk...:shocked2: but, then again, the laptop Encase report would show activity if she used her/Cindy's laptop.

:eek:fftopic:

For BondJamesBond and his Man Club (please forgive me, I couldn't resist)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzfRUd3M0Gs&feature=related"]YouTube - The Man Song[/ame]

You rock with your theories, I think your awesome!

:eek:fftopic:

For BondJamesBond and his Man Club (please forgive me, I couldn't resist)

YouTube - The Man Song

You rock with your theories, I think your awesome!

That was great Lisalei! I told my hubby to take a listen and be sure to TAKE NOTES! Back O/T - yeah, I don't think JT is a dirty old man at all. Just a red-blooded male who was responding to Casey's overtures. And a perceptive and sensitive man at that to notice Casey's neglect of Caylee. JMO.

*snipped*

:clap: :clap: :thumb: :clap: clap:

You know this guys gonna catch 9-kindzahell for being within 2-degrees of knowing anything about this case...nevermind potentially bein' the last person to see Caylee alive!

So....if/when you can find it in your reasoning to filter out what maybe the saltier part of his statement...look beyond the fact that he's human (and a guy :whistle:) and if/when you think you can see your way to that...say a prayer for him for what he must be (and will be) going through.

Note that he even wrote about his conscience bothering him about maybe having had the opportunity to change Caylee's fate. When/if you can filter through all of that...IMHO, I think you'll see a guy standing up for justice for Caylee.

Thanks Bond!! :blushing:

It wasn't the tone of his statement that bothered me. It was the date the statement was notarized which gave the appearance of him showing up just recently. Now that it's been pointed out that LE went to visit him before, I am much more comfortable. Once again, a complete stranger is showing more care for Caylee than her blood relatives.

*bold & color by me* If I made you laugh...well, then...my work here is done, Woe. :cheerful:

And to do the unthinkable by rewarding the social commentary & characterization of JT as dirty-old-man...as I read the instructions on the back of my "Man Card" :deal: it says that membership requires I provide at least a cursory response to impuned character of another member in good standing. So....:whistle:...lemme add my :twocents: Of course, everyone's entitled to their own view, but - in the interest of full disclosure - if what JT wrote in his statement affords him DOM status...well...you won't be hearing much from me for awhile, 'cause I've gotta get to confession and...:rolleyes:...its prolly gonna involve bathroom & meal breaks for the priest. Hey...what'd you expect from Bond? :martini:

FWIW, I can understand JT didn't win any friends w/ the way he chose to make his statement...tossing in the been-burned-by-women-before aspects :princes:, etc. But, IMHO, it appears to me that he is being very, very candid about precisely WHAT he observed and WHY he observed it. IOW...why Casey's visit & specific behaviors stood out so much so that - even though he didn't know who she was - he recognized her again a week later when just passing her by in a trivial/casual situation. In fact, his word choice (e.g. "cleavage") seems to be relatively tame when you consider what might be considered more crude options. Add to it...(pulling out my Man Card again)...I think he may have been attempting to assert "hot pants" to describe the shorts she was wearing...but...IIRC, it came out, "hot shorts"...which admittedly sounds more like a commentary on how the shorts looked on Casey vs. a description of a particular type of clothing IYKWIM. Ironically, not unlike Casey'isms (word salad) we've heard for months now. So...I'm prolly up to a buck & change of my :twocents: by now...but IMHO, JT was offering up things that he felt qualified him to make the statements & observations he did. BTW...I don't recall Tony R. getting any wire-brushing for his comment about always feelin' like the girl after his interludes w/ Casey...which IMHO is in an entirely different league vs. JT's commentary.

And that concludes today's seminar. Man Club Members are now required to close by reciting the creed with me:

"I'm a man. But I can change. If I have to...I guess."

And may God Bless America. :usa: Amen. Drive safely! Good night everybody. Please send your cards, letters and donations to our sponsor.

ETA: I'm willing to bet that this only scratches the surface of what we'll hear from JT. Given the potential for his timing to see Caylee...LE would be all over interviewing him again & again to extract details. The statement would only reflect what he wrote of his own accord...IOW...its nothing like an interactive interview that I'm sure we'll hear about later. Plenty of time to ask detailed questions about what Casey & Caylee were wearing...the 'beanie baby', get JT's credit card transactions, receipts, cell pings, etc., etc. :thumb:

LOL "hot shorts" LOL

The other day I had to google "cougar". After I did, I heard it referred to time and time again - ha!

For the record, I did not say "dirty old man". If I had referred to a guy in his forties as that then that would make me :waitasec: stone age woman or something. Please call me "Cougar" instead. Thank you very much.

P.S. What about Caylee's shirt though, don't you think he'd notice it if it was the trouble shirt considering all of his other observations?

JT for President! :blushing::dance::woohoo:

It's good to see someone (other than LE, OCSO, FBI, SA, LP, Kronk, etc.) showing the Anthony family
What a real Family is all about.:Banane59:

LOL "hot shorts" LOL

The other day I had to google "cougar". After I did, I heard it referred to time and time again - ha!

For the record, I did not say "dirty old man". If I had referred to a guy in his forties as that then that would make me :waitasec: stone age woman or something. Please call me "Cougar" instead. Thank you very much.

P.S. What about Caylee's shirt though, don't you think he'd notice it if it was the trouble shirt considering all of his other observations?

WBG: I think, rather, that JT was focused on Casey's knockers rather than her kids t-shirt, don't you? Her big, jailed *advertiser censored* and the shocking treatment and jealousy of Caylee. MOO.

WBG: I think, rather, that JT was focused on Casey's knockers rather than her kids t-shirt, don't you? Her big, jailed *advertiser censored* and the shocking treatment and jealousy of Caylee. MOO.

Way O/T - Can't say for sure. There are boob men and arse men. I've noticed when I wear high heels, men pay attention too. Just say'n.

Thanks Bond!! :blushing:

It wasn't the tone of his statement that bothered me. It was the date the statement was notarized which gave the appearance of him showing up just recently. Now that it's been pointed out that LE went to visit him before, I am much more comfortable. Once again, a complete stranger is showing more care for Caylee than her blood relatives.

Well, we still have to be careful here, though. We don't know what date LE went to his store. I was just pointing out that it could have been months before the notary stamp. It's enough hope for me but we can't count it as fact yet. . . But I'm hopeful!!

Seriously, JT went into some detail and says he called Caylee over to the counter so she could pick out her Beanie herself, etc. That means he was looking directly at her for some time, etc. He may have noticed if she had been wearing a trouble t-shirt because of his other observations that KC wasn't treating Caylee warmly.

Great catch ExpectingUnicorns!!!!! That explains it then. By the time they vetted him it could certainly have been quite a while before he gave a formal written statement.

Makes it a little bit more believable, doesn't it? Although I'm still not sure what I think of him. As long as LE and the State have faith in his statement, I guess I should give him the benefit of the doubt. :waitasec:

Excellent points!

I think this may also help to explain why his statement reads in such a "shady" (for lack of a better word) tone. The multiple caveats explaining why he remembered / how he noticed... etc., first struck me as being the unecessary supporting details people [ahem, Casey] often give if they're trying to execute a lie. It reads as though he's answering questions he wasn't even being asked.

However, if this statement was written after previous interviews with LE, it makes a lot more sense - especially if it had already been determined he would be on the witness list. Then the who's and what's and why's become a lot more important. They are answers to the exact types of questions a witness would be asked when being crossed examined.

But now, why? Why is JT on the witness list? I like Bond's "limb" theory and I do think it's plausible JT may have been the last to see poor Caylee alive. I do think the computer store testimony seems valid (with a little bit of hindsight "I just know Casey was jealous of the beanie baby!" type statements thrown in. He is human afterall - who wouldn't be influenced by the last year of media reports? Who doesn't feel they know KC by now and would be able to give an objective statement without those pesky emotions finding their way in? But, I digress...).

FWIW - the Walmart testimony does seem less valid. Perhaps he was mistaken by who he saw. Or perhaps once this story broke, his brain embellished a random encounter. We all know the delicacy of eyewitness testimony, so I think these would be very human reactions. I don't think a mistaken Walmart story would necessarily undermine his credibility.

Well, I want JT's facts to all be true!! And I feel certain Casey murdered her child and am praying that JT's information will help shine the light on the truth. But I have to confess that I would probably have a negative reaction if my child picked out a Taz type character out of a large box of beany babies, too ~ not because I was jealous. It would be my reaction to her choice. So I still question JT for jumping to the conclusion that it was because Casey was jealous. Maybe his impression that her reaction was negative was correct ~ but colored by more current knowledge of Casey's reputation of being jealous of Caylee?

I don't know. On the whole, I want to believe him and will continue to try to find reasons to support his statement. It has been postulated that he came forward because he wanted to advertise his business and that he didn't want to come forward because he knew he would be super-sleuthed.

The only thing I'm super sure of at this point is that this entire incident would be so much less complicated if only JT had been a woman (as BJB has so patiently tried to make amends for)! :banghead: :crazy: :D

...I like Bond's "limb" theory...
*snipped*

Now there's the other bookend on the spectrum...

Occam's razor <=> Bond's limb​

Kinda rolls of the tongue doesn't it. :rolleyes:

But I have to confess that I would probably have a negative reaction if my child picked out a Taz type character out of a large box of beany babies, too ~ not because I was jealous. It would be my reaction to her choice.
*snipped*

FWIW...I started a thread to explore the potential that the "Taz" discovered on Hopespring 7/18 was/wasn't the "Beanie" from Techbay. Just want to be clear that the kind WS's on that thread (esp. Hot Dogs IIRC) have pointed out that the "Taz" was discovered in someone else's yard down the street from G&C vs. in G&C's backyard. So..."Beanie" may or may not = "Taz". OK?

The only thing I'm super sure of at this point is that this entire incident would be so much less complicated if only JT had been a woman (as BJB has so patiently tried to make amends for)! :banghead: :crazy: :D
:cheerful:

Why would KC be looking for a monitor..that part just doesn't jive with me. She had way better things to spend stolen money on like Bud Light, California Pizza kitchen frozen pizza, a blue #82 Hoodie, the list goes on. I find the fact that she is monitor shopping to be odd.

White Sunglasses :dance:

Yes, as mad as I am, that made me laugh. Bond has charm. His post made me consider though that JT should/would have remembered a little girl's t-shirt that said "Big trouble comes in small packages" would he not?

It seems like, based on his description of their behavior, he would note the shirt in his comments to LE. He does not.

Maybe that's not what she was wearing at that time.

If you would like to listen/read some of the interviews done in this case, there is a wealth of information here:

Interview Reference Guide To Finding All Interviews, Motions, Grand Jury and Trials. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

O T.... Patty G, I just wanted to say...Thank You for doing this. It is the place I go for info and answers. I started at the beginning of this case keeping everything that was related, but you have exceeded my efforts by far. Once again, Thank you! :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa