Deceased/Not Found IN - Kelly Armstrong, 27, Kokomo, Aug 2011 *T. Funke guilty*

Kelly Armstrong's Family Outraged Over Manslaughter Charge: 'That's Not Justice'

Authorities in north-central Indiana have charged Travis Funke in the death of Kelly Armstrong, a mother of one who was reported missing in September. The latest development, however, is less than ideal, according to family members with whom The Huffington Post spoke.

"He was charged with voluntary manslaughter. They said her death occurred 'under a sudden heat.' He faces 45 years, with 10 suspended, but could be out in 17. No, that's not justice. That's not justice at all. We still don't even have my sister to bury her," said Armstrong's sister, Shelly Rush.

More: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/23/kelly-armstrong-manslaughter-charge_n_1295958.html

Poor Kelly!! I feel so bad for her family. They may never be able to bury her if she is in the landfill because as I understand it, LE is not willing to search the landfill. :(

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...bargain_n_1734751.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

The relatives of Kelly Armstrong said they are being revictimized after prosecutors offered Armstrong's boyfriend, who police said confessed to her murder, a plea deal that recommends the couple's 2-year-old live with the man's relatives.

"They are using my sister's little boy as a pawn. He took her from us and now he is trying to take my nephew too," Armstrong's sister, Shelly Rush, told The Huffington Post.

A son he and Armstrong had together, who now has cancer, is also listed as an incentive.

"Although the defendant acknowledges and understands that the state of Indiana has no authority to bind the Department of Family and Children or the court presiding over the issue of the placement of defendant's minor child, the state of Indiana would agree to cooperate with DFC in an attempt to have the defendant's child placed with the defendant's family," the plea agreement recommends.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Thankfully!

Plea deal withdrawn for man who admitted to killing Kokomo woman

-------------------------------
http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-plea...illing-kokomo-woman-20120807,0,4115582.column

Fox59 has learned that the plea deal has been withdrawn in the case of a man who admitted to killing a Kokomo woman.

In June, Travis Funke agreed to a plea deal just a week before he was set to go to trial. The agreement included a 35-year sentence for voluntary manslaughter in the death of his girlfriend, Kelly Armstrong. Her remains have never been found.

Armstrong’s family protested Tuesday outside the Howard County Courthouse, where Funke was waiting for a judge to approve his plea deal. Instead, that deal was withdrawn

The case will go to trial. The trial date is August 21, but it's expected to be continued to January.

“Thirty five years for killing my daughter is not enough,” Armstrong’s father said. “Maybe we're rolling the dice by going to jury trial, but when this goes to jury trial we're gonna win."

I don't know...this way he does not have to say where she is. I would want that, and take the 35 years, personally.

Yes, but if he is to be believed, he has already said that she is in the landfill. What I am thankful for is that his parents are not given preference in raising their little boy who has cancer as was given in the plea. That just tore Kelly's parents up as you can see. I do worry that his sentence will be lighter in a trial. :(

Yes, but if he is to be believed, he has already said that she is in the landfill. What I am thankful for is that his parents are not given preference in raising their little boy who has cancer as was given in the plea. That just tore Kelly's parents up as you can see. I do worry that his sentence will be lighter in a trial. :(

I did not know about the landfill...so she probably cannot be found anyway.

The court agreed to withdraw Travis Funke's confession. We reported her missing on September 27,2011. Travis was arrested that same day. He confessed in November that he killed Kelly. His confession has now been withdrawn and they cannot use anything he said against him now. He is hoping for a plea because he told Kelly's mom that he is afraid of getting life without parole. She agreed to work with them for the plea. It saddens me because he now doesn't have to say a thing if he chooses..
The police didn't go into the house until January after his mother lived there for three months and cleaned up the house and removed everything. They had the blood on the carpet only. He said she is in the landfill.. they believe him. We don't. Just wanted to update you and let you know how it is going. He is suppose to go to court in February but I imagine they will continue it again. The not knowing is the hardest thing to do. How do we move on knowing she just is gone? thanks for listening..
Cheryl Aunt to Kelly.

Kelly stayed in touch with different family members. We assumed when she wasn't talking to one she was talking to the other. when I called Travis made excuses.. told me she was mad and didnt' want to talk to me.. he told the other families the same. As we got to talking more and more we realized that Kelly had not talked to anyone. It wasn't because we didnt' care.. when Kelly was really happy she didn't contact us. We looked and tried to contact her for months before reporting her missing.. We trusted Travis and never thought he would harm her so we didn't question his aactions until we put his story together and he told us all different things.. no excuse but that is how it is..

:welcome5:

Welcome to WS Sugarbop! I am terribly sorry it is under this circumstance. I will continue to follow Kelly's case until he is prosecuted. I sincerely hope that you are able to find Kelly one day. How horrible for you to not be able to give her a proper burial.

Love to you and yours. <3

Here is an article that I don't think I linked previously:

http://www.wthr.com/story/20515757/father-wants-answers-in-daughters-disappearance

KOKOMO - For David Armstrong, the new year brings bittersweet hope that a chapter of his two year nightmare will conclude.

"It still goes on, just goes on and on the agony of not knowing, not having the answers," said Armstrong.

It all began in August of 2011. That's when his daughter, 27 year old Kelly Armstrong, a mother of four, went missing from her Kokomo home. Several months later, she was assumed dead.

No parent ever wants to bury a child but for David Armstrong, the harsh reality is, that is the only thing that can bring any closure to the darkest time in his life.

I'm bumping this for Kelly, we knew one another and worked together at one point.

Travis was given the plea this week and will serve 35 years. No one has gave up where her body is, although there's speculation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann
Back