L'Wren Scott designer and Mick Jagger's girlfriend found dead suicide

I was shocked at the choice of cemetery - the Hollywood Forever cemetery. This is an old, old cemetery located in the heart of Hollywood. It is not large. The majority of the "famous people" who are buried there are from the early days of Hollywood. Like Douglas Fairbanks Jr. etc. Not that there are no current burials - but they are mostly of very elderly stars from the past. Like Fay Wray. Forest Lawn and others seem to be the choice of current "famous people".

In order to raise funds, musical concerts and other events are held regularly at this cemetery. During the summer months, on certain nights, outdoor movies are shown up against the wall of one of the larger structures. People bring lawn chairs and picnic baskets, sitting on the grass among the graves to watch these movies.

In addition, an annual day-long "Day of the Dead" event brings tons of people, musicians, dancers, and food vendors onto the grounds. I kid you not. I saw it. Thought it was bizarre and disrespectful. That's my own opinion of course.

One plausible reason I can think of this cemetery was chosen is that it is fairly small and they agreed to close the entire cemetery for the duration Ms. Scott's funeral.

http://www.hollywoodforever.com/

Here is what the cemetery looks like when a movie event takes place:

http://cinespia.org/how-to/

"This year marks the 11th season for Cinespia, the organization that screens films at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. Screenings are a Hollywood summer institution: over 3,000 people flood the cemetery gates with blankets, beer, wine and food and hunker down for an evening picnic surrounded by the graves of Hollywood greats like Rudolph Valentino, Marion Davies, Douglas Fairbanks and Jayne Mansfield."

"Cinespia evenings begin with a DJ spinning tunes as attendees settle down for a evening of cinematic splendor amidst the setting sun. At sundown, the viewing begins. Watching a film with an audience of several thousand is remarkable: surrounding gasps, singing, cheering and applause remind you of the communal experience watching movies is meant to be"
http://www.collective310.com/news/ill-meet-you-at-the-cemetery-gates/

I was shocked at the choice of cemetery - the Hollywood Forever cemetery. This is an old, old cemetery located in the heart of Hollywood. It is not large. The majority of the "famous people" who are buried there are from the early days of Hollywood. Like Douglas Fairbanks Jr. etc. Not that there are no current burials - but Forest Lawn and others seem to be the choice of current "famous people".

In order to raise funds, musical concerts and other events are held regularly at this cemetery. During the summer months, on certain nights, outdoor movies are shown up against the wall of one of the larger structures. People bring lawn chairs and picnic baskets, sitting on the grass among the graves to watch these movies.

In addition, an annual day-long "Day of the Dead" event brings tons of people, musicians, dancers, and food vendors onto the grounds. I kid you not. I saw it. Thought it was bizarre and disrespectful. That's my own opinion of course.

One plausible reason I can think of this cemetery was chosen is that it is fairly small and they agreed to close the entire cemetery for the duration Ms. Scott's funeral.

O/T - Please read up on Dia de los Muertos (or Day of the Dead) to understand the celebratory nature of it. It is not disrespectful at all, but quite the opposite. Yes, it is different than typical American cultural standards about death, but it truly is a beautiful celebration and tribute.

I was shocked at the choice of cemetery - the Hollywood Forever cemetery. This is an old, old cemetery located in the heart of Hollywood. It is not large. The majority of the "famous people" who are buried there are from the early days of Hollywood. Like Douglas Fairbanks Jr. etc. Not that there are no current burials - but they are mostly of very elderly stars from the past. Like Fay Wray. Forest Lawn and others seem to be the choice of current "famous people".

"This year marks the 11th season for Cinespia, the organization that screens films at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. Screenings are a Hollywood summer institution: over 3,000 people flood the cemetery gates with blankets, beer, wine and food and hunker down for an evening picnic surrounded by the graves of Hollywood greats like Rudolph Valentino, Marion Davies, Douglas Fairbanks and Jayne Mansfield."

"Cinespia evenings begin with a DJ spinning tunes as attendees settle down for a evening of cinematic splendor amidst the setting sun. At sundown, the viewing begins. Watching a film with an audience of several thousand is remarkable: surrounding gasps, singing, cheering and applause remind you of the communal experience watching movies is meant to be"
http://www.collective310.com/news/ill-meet-you-at-the-cemetery-gates/

I wonder if this is the cemetery used in the Valentines day movie?

It sounds charming actually.

It is all very sad. I was glad that her brother talked to Mick about planning her funeral.They spent 13 yrs together and it seems heartless to me when a family does not include a long time partner in the plans.She had lived in CA before moving to NY.Maybe she had told them she liked that cemetery and all the old "Hollywood greats" buried there.Her fashions seemed on the Victorian/Romantic side so I think she would be very pleased with their choice. It is so easy for the media to paint Mick Jagger in a bad light but I doubt it is true that he broke up with her.She was close to her brother and he shared her last resting place with Mick Jagger and I would think her brother would not have done that unless he knew what they both meant to each other.She left everything to Mick, that to me speaks volumes.Had he broken up with her she would have changed her will before taking her life. Jagger does not have a great track record with females but it does seem cheating was equal between him and his ex wives, and girlfriends back then.He is 70 and I really believe he is devastated by this. I was never a fan of the stones or Mick I hated their music. I grew up in the 60's and was an Elvis fan lol still am.

http://pagesix.com/2014/03/26/lwren...-jagger/?_ga=1.130897871.173227753.1370371326

Oh yeah, that's not good. I think I'd have cut ties too!

I am probably just oversensitive about cemeteries. My sister and I spent a lot of time at cemeteries as children because my mother was a person who apparently liked to "decorate the graves" a lot.

We had to be quiet and respectful the entire time we were there. No running, no raised voices, and oh my goodness you were not allowed to ever walk over someone's grave.

So that would be where it comes from. Yes, it could be very true that L'Wren and Mick had previously visited this cemetery and she said she liked it and would like to be buried there.

-------------
Forgot to add: Lana Clarkson is there (Phil Spector's victim)

So odd indeed. 6'4" and she hangs from a door knob - I read the "how to" article but it still seems like it was a cry for help and her assistant didn't get there in time.

She is very thin for crying out loud. Even with success and money, people are what they are. Some are troubled and can't find a way out or they were never counseled on how to "cope" with real life problems.

She was also aging in an industry that makes it rough to be past 40. I know that is the one thing I don't deal with well - it seriously me - loosing you eye site, menopause, watching your face fall and wrinkle, and your bags get bags, etc. I know she could get procedures but it's still losing the youth that can send one into a tailspin. Shallow? Call me shallow then.

Maybe she was on prescriptions for depression that cause suicidal tendencies. That happens far too often.

Prayers to the family and fyi to anyone out there - if you are that skinny PLEASE eat a cheeseburger with some bacon on it.

Mick Jagger says goodbye to L'Wren Scott; designer's funeral kept private
By Alan Duke, CNN
updated 7:55 AM EDT, Wed March 26, 2014

Snipped:

"Words of tribute" to Scott, 49, were spoken by Jagger, as well as her brother Randy Bambrough, talent agent Justinian Kfoury, costume designer Ira M. Hammons-Glass and Adam Glassman, creative director of Oprah Winfrey's O Magazine.

Jagger's daughter, Karis, and actress Ellen Barkin each read a poem during the service. Jagger's daughter Jade read Psalm 139: "You have searched me, Lord, and you know me." His grandchildren, Mazie and Zak, read Psalm 23: "The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing."

140317162922-14-lwren-scott-restricted-horizontal-gallery.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/25/showbiz/lwren-scott-funeral/

L'Wren Scott's ashes split between family, beau as her will reveals $9M estate goes to Mick Jagger
BY Nancy Dillon , Barbara Ross , Dareh Gregorian
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Wednesday, March 26, 2014, 7:56 PM
Updated: Thursday, March 27, 2014, 10:44 AM

Snipped:

Court papers estimate the value of Scott’s personal estate at $9 million. Her will is a final testament of love to her longtime boyfriend.

“I give all my jewelry, clothing, household furniture and furnishings, personal automobiles, and other tangible articles of a personal nature . . . to Michael Philip Jagger,” the filing says.

aPY66gYl.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...eaves-9m-estate-mick-jagger-article-1.1735970

Well that is keeping it classy: going to the tabloids to throw mud at Jagger for moving forward with his life.

I get that the family is still in pain from losing L'Wren, but the estranged sister trying to play the blame game is going to get her nowhere. L'Wren took her life by her own accord… depression is a deep, dark complex situation and trying to throw mud at Jagger is rather crass and wrong.

Yes, totally unwarranted to blame a loved one's suicide on someone else. But it happens quite often. That, and "It wasn't suicide, it was an accident" or "It wasn't suicide, it was a murder".

Suicide is always just so awful for those left behind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back