long weekend break: discuss the latest here #114

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking this juror stated to another that she thinks she's guilty!

If this occurred right after Willmott's outrageously worded questions to ALV about the likelihood that a little dirty, smelly, impoverished son of two abusive drug addicts would grow up to be an abuser himself, then I'm sure more than one juror had trouble hiding their reaction in the jury room.

I love the way Nurmi waits until 2:30pm Monday to file this damn thing. I really think the DT will stall and stall and stall. Anything to prolong this circus. Dear God, keep the jurors calm, cool and able to withstand any and all BS the Defense throws at them. Fight the good fight.

It shows it was filed yesterday! Weird.

Remember that one time at band camp when the defense accused the prosecutor of misconduct, well twice.

:seeya: Hello <modsnip>, luv you!

April_Fools_HAHA.gif

Really
:giggle:

I'll wait and see if a juror actually said anything wrong or not before I believe anything the defense says or writes.

Softail see my post above. It depends. It entirely depends. We don't get much context from the Motion. But if she said something egregious and in front of most of the entire jury the Judge could toss the whole trial. But again it would have to be pretty bad.

Knowing Nurmi's track record of embellishing I don't think it is nearly as drastic as he makes it out to be.

She will probably dismiss this juror who seems to be against the defense arguments. While she may have been vocal imo he needs to worry about every juror on there. I don't think there is one of them that is buying what they are trying to sell. She may have complained about how long it is taking the DT to put on their case. It could be that simple.

IMO

I just read the motion for mistrial. Although what the juror allegedly said/did is sealed, I'll warrant that it is just another "CYA motion." This is based on KN's history of filing unmerited motions for mistrial due to "prosecutorial misconduct."

I know this is a dumb question, and I'm sure it will get lost due to the new info about a mistrial, but I'm going to ask it anyway. Why do we believe that is Travis on the sex tape? It doesn't sound like the same person that we hear on the tapes where we see him. Travis didn't use drugs or alcohol, and it sounds like a man who is either drunk or on something powerful. I'm sure Juan wouldn't agree that it's Travis unless it was, but something is very strange about his speech on that sex tape. I'm sure this has been addressed before, but I'm late in getting here, and I may have missed it. Am I the only one that has a problem believing this is Travis?

As an audio engineer, I believe if an audio forensics professional was brought in (on any given case) they would compare two separate vocal samples using something called a Spectrum Analyzer to see if the frequency ranges in the two samples match up. There are also methods of comparing sibilance, the way a person pronounces their vowels, general speaking style, etc. Hope that helps.

And to add to my former post, I predict the judge will, at most, dismiss that particular juror.

Were the attorneys in the room when the jurors were questioned? And if they weren't, I am wondering how anyone other than the judge knows what was said in that interview.

Also I thought they were being interviewed individually. I think it sounds weird and maybe there was some other misconduct somewhere. Thanks for the link. jmo

I think the attorneys were either in the room with the judge, or were given a transcript of the questions and answers they were asked regarding the JM being asked for autographs, and responding politely, the one time he left through the front doors.
Since the motion states for reason that the court 'refer back to the transcripts of these proceedings for factual basis' - which means they don't want to or can't say - in the motion.
Based on the way it's written, if I understand correctly, she could have said almost anything, even that she's seen the defense attorneys leave through the same doors many occasions, and that could be enough for them to argue this.

My own opinion, is that it's probably a ridiculous reason, and they want #5 off the jury, and will use any reason to get that.

I love the way Nurmi waits until 2:30pm Monday to file this damn thing. I really think the DT will stall and stall and stall. Anything to prolong this circus. Dear God, keep the jurors calm, cool and able to withstand any and all BS the Defense throws at them. Fight the good fight.

That $250 hr is an attractive rate of pay !

I just read the motion for mistrial. Although what the juror allegedly said/did is sealed, I'll warrant that it is just another "CYA motion." This is based on KN's history of filing unmerited motions for mistrial due to "prosecutorial misconduct."

It just doesn't seem right, or fair. JA and her defense team are purposely dragging this trial into oblivion, and if there's been ANY misconduct, I'll wager they are the perpetrators.
MOO and stuff.

And to add to my former post, I predict the judge will, at most, dismiss that particular juror.

Why wouldn't the judge have already done that if she felt there was misconduct?????

If there is blood running down Travis Alexander's neck as he stands in the shower - where is he bleeding from?

If I were in the jury - and we decided to look at the shower pictures - one of the jurors said, "I think that is blood running down his neck." I would not be able to entertain any thought that TA attacked - blood running down his neck in the shower would make the murder of Travis Alexander even worst.

The blood would mean that Arias started torturing TA before he got in the shower / when he was in the shower. It would mean, for me, that TA torture was long and thought out. It would mean, for me that Arias enjoyed tormenting TA the entire time that he was in the shower - while at the same time TA was filled with fear - Arias was happy and excited knowing that TA's life was going to end - at the same time TA was petrified and frightened knowing that his life was going to end.

I believe it's water that you're seeing.

Bbm

Agree....*at most*....this is nit a big deal. :cow:

You would think the Judge would have addressed the issue when it happened. I think the defense is grabbing in the dark for anything they might be able to get for a mistrial. Maybe if they did get a mistrial, Nurmi could have himself removed from the case, since this is what he has wanted for a long time. Court should have released him long ago when he requested it.

If they took the jurors back individually for questioning after the concocted "JM is a Rockstar Whinefest Extravaganzapalooza" produced by the DT, then the jurors would be in the room together and taken out one by one for questioning by the judge. If... IF... while the other 17 were waiting for someone to come back from questioning, #5 said something to the group...

- something snarky about the juror out of the room being questioned
- something cranky about how slow the proceedings are
- something observant catty about the defendant or a witness...

a 'stickler' juror may (rightly) have mentioned this to the judge. Or if #5 came back from her own session and told the others what they were investigating, same thing.

:banghead: But this is why we have alternates. Take heart, peeps!

Yeah, I agree with most folks - I doubt this would grant a mistrial (I mean, realsly, wth can a juror say that could be so incredibly egregious), but it might end up with a dismissed juror. She knew better than to say 'peep'. Judge will make sure this will not become an appellate issue I think jmho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu