CO CO - Christopher Abeyta, 7 mos, Colorado Springs, 15 July 1986

Parents told LE Christopher was an "unplanned" pregnancy. They had 6 other children, the youngest being 15 at the time, so it was quite a shock when Christopher's mother found out she was pregnant. Once she got over the initial shock of being pregnant in her 40's, she was excited about having the baby. Christopher's parents were very forthcoming and honest with LE. Christopher was loved by his whole family and given so much attention since he was the baby of the family.

Oh, denalves - so sorry for your family's loss . . . thanks for sharing & praying for peace!

Wow, I hadn't heard of this case before. My son was born 2 days before Christopher, I just couldn't imagine. Hope he is found, it's never too late.

Good to see you here denalves. Hopefully the link on the other subforum will lead other's to come read Christopher's thread.

I'll say a prayer for him tonight.

Denalves,

Are there any updates on the woman that the family suspects is involved? I think the last I read was that she was asked to take a lie detector test but refused.

I'm so sorry about what Christopher's family has gone through. It's been so long.

Denalves, this story breaks my heart. If there is anything we can do to help, say it.

Big hugs go out to this family.

Thank you to the member who posted about this on another thread.

Denalves, I'm so sorry for all your family has to go through since your brother was taken away. Hoping you get the answers & peace that you all deserve.

Denalves,

Are there any updates on the woman that the family suspects is involved? I think the last I read was that she was asked to take a lie detector test but refused.

I'm so sorry about what Christopher's family has gone through. It's been so long.

The suspect, EB was contacted by local media to get her side of the story and she never returned their calls. She has only been interviewed at her home twice! She lives in Castle Rock Colorado with her adult son and his teenage daughter. She is single and was only married once in the late 60's and divorced after a couple of years. Her ex-husband was interviewed by my Mom and he said he felt she was "capable" of kidnapping Christopher. He told my Mom that when she was pregnant with their son she claimed that a knife accidentally slipped off the counter into her pregnant stomach injuring her unborn child. He said he saw her with scissors one day cutting up family photos into little pieces and putting them in the trash. Her ex-husband passed away a couple of years ago. He was a good source of information. When my Mom tracked him down and interviewed him she gave this information to LE but they still didn't take investigative steps toward our suspect.

Where ever this woman lived during Christoper being taken, I would search that area very well. I wonder if she placed Baby Christopher some place that was special to Christopher's father and her when they were having an affair.

Where is Christopher's father now? (Your dad, I guess?) I am sorry if I missed that info (just popping over from the Lisa Irwin case to see if I can help)

I keep thinking how terribly frustating this is for your family. Your mom had to sleuth her own son's kidnapping and then have LE completely ignore her.

You mentioned in Lisa's thread that LE has renewed interest. Can you tell us what they are doing?

Thank you

Where ever this woman lived during Christoper being taken, I would search that area very well. I wonder if she placed Baby Christopher some place that was special to Christopher's father and her when they were having an affair.

This woman lived in Pueblo, CO about 40 minutes from the home we lived in at the time in Colorado Springs. She worked in Colorado Springs as well. My Mom spoke with her neighbors who knew her and have lived in their since before the 80's. They never saw a baby at her home, but did provide some info about her. I went to the home she lived in last year and spoke with the current owners who bought home after she moved out. That is a very good idea, something we haven't thought of -- any special place they may have frequented.

Denalves,

You may not know this but did the police ever investigate whether or not she had an alibi for the time Christopher went missing? Other than asking her to take a LD have the police done much in the way of investigating this woman at all, that you know of?

I can't imagine the frustration of have your baby go missing and feeling like the police weren't doing everything in their power to find the person. Praying for Christopher...

Denalves,

You may not know this but did the police ever investigate whether or not she had an alibi for the time Christopher went missing? Other than asking her to take a LD have the police done much in the way of investigating this woman at all, that you know of?

I can't imagine the frustration of have your baby go missing and feeling like the police weren't doing everything in their power to find the person. Praying for Christopher...

My brother was taken between 12:30 and 6 a.m. We went to bed at 12:30 and woke up at 6 a.m. EB attempted to contact my father that night up until midnight. My Dad had been staying in Pueblo 40 miles away with my brother. My brother took the calls. Emma also lived in Pueblo, so if the calls were made from her home it would have taken her approximately 40 min to get to our house. My Dads car was parked in front of the house. The current detectives working the case have acknowledged the investigation was flawed. Alibi? EB is considered a suspect, if she had an alibi LE would have checked her off.

She took Christopher out of anger and to get back at your Dad. That seems to be pretty clear with her background of stalking. If your Father is still alive ask him to remember back anything he might have told her that might click to where she might have gone with Christopher.

I'm surprised she didn't leave a calling card, like leave something of Christopher's for your dad to find somewhere. She must have had a lot of rage when she took him. 40 Miles! Wow, not good, the drive she could have stopped any place along the way. Wonder what area she would have stopped, rest stop? Any honey moon lanes her and your Dad went to?

My brother was taken between 12:30 and 6 a.m. We went to bed at 12:30 and woke up at 6 a.m. EB attempted to contact my father that night up until midnight. My Dad had been staying in Pueblo 40 miles away with my brother. My brother took the calls. Emma also lived in Pueblo, so if the calls were made from her home it would have taken her approximately 40 min to get to our house. My Dads car was parked in front of the house. The current detectives working the case have acknowledged the investigation was flawed. Alibi? EB is considered a suspect, if she had an alibi LE would have checked her off.

Good point.

She took Christopher out of anger and to get back at your Dad. That seems to be pretty clear with her background of stalking. If your Father is still alive ask him to remember back anything he might have told her that might click to where she might have gone with Christopher.

I'm surprised she didn't leave a calling card, like leave something of Christopher's for your dad to find somewhere. She must have had a lot of rage when she took him. 40 Miles! Wow, not good, the drive she could have stopped any place along the way. Wonder what area she would have stopped, rest stop? Any honey moon lanes her and your Dad went to?

I had the same thought Lera213. If I were some crazy stalker and I did something like this to get back at my lover, I feel like I would want to leave something behind. Just enough for him to know it was me but not enough to be able to prove it.

Of course, I'm not some crazy stalker so who knows? Maybe I've watched one to many crime shows.

Wow, this is the first I have read this thread. I am hoping you and your family find answers soon.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megs89
Back