CO CO - Christopher Abeyta, 7 mos, Colorado Springs, 15 July 1986

# UPDATE October 2009: The family is investigating a suspect. Because of our ongoing investigation, we are limited as to what we can report here.

From his website.......

Says the family was being stalked, receiving hang up phone calls..

This is heartbreaking.

Press Release

Little Christopher Abeyta was kidnapped out of his crib in the middle of the night from his Colorado Springs home in Cheyenne Hills 23 years ago and has never been found. He was just 7 months old at the time of his abduction. The Abeyta Family will celebrate Christopher’s 24th birthday at 11:00 am, November 28, 2009 with a balloon release at Quail Lake Park in Cheyenne Hills. The Colorado Springs community is encouraged to come out and send a Birthday wish for Christopher up in a balloon. Please lend your support and ensure Christopher is not forgotten and he continues to have a voice.

The entire Colorado Springs community was effected by this high profile kidnapping case that remains unsolved to this day. The Abeyta family has never wavered in their search for Christopher and continues to believe Christopher is alive and well. They now have renewed hope that justice will be served and Christopher will be reunited with his family.

Additional information can be found on his website at www.findchristopher.com

Read article on the Denver Post website.
http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_13828945

Idaho, what happened with the possible match with the guy you took classes with?

Not much, pudd. A representative from NCMEC contacted me. I gave her some photos, and as much of his information as I had. I haven't heard anything else, so I'm assuming it was nothing.

Below is video taken by Christopher's sisters of the house and room Christopher was kidnapped from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXiRP9DGFMU#watch-main-area

The night Christopher was taken there was nothing in the pathway to his crib. There was no furniture obstructing the area leading to the crib either. The morning of his disappearance Christopher's mother was in a state of panic and was tossing things over frantically looking everywhere for Christopher. When the Detectives arrived at the scene they saw a couple of things on the floor and thought a kidnapper would have had to walk over those things to get to the crib, the investigators never questioned the family about them, but just assumed these items were on the floor when the kidnapper walked in the bedroom, which was not the case.

yes i highely agree, the police still have the parents as a suspect. mind you the family has a website dedicated to his memory and are still looking for him. the police themselves stated that only a person who was very familiar with the layout of the room would be able to successfully take the child (because their was so much junk in the room)
having said this though i myself have accidentily left the front door keys in the door all night, and ususally i always check to make sure it is properly locked and the keys are not in the door (i've done this 4 times!) so i guess it is easy to forget exspecially when your busy.

the police know that there was no forced entry into the house at all, how would the abductor know that the door was unlocked??? :eek: to get inside the house and take christopher without anybody "knowing" :bang: makes me think that the parents know more than they let on :furious:

A lot about that bothered me as well at first. I grew up in Aurora, Colorado which is at least 75 miles north of Colorado Springs and we ALWAYS locked our doors at night. Granted, we were a family of all females (unless my older brother came to visit) and were especially cautious. However, I have talked to so many people over the years who never did (and still don't for that matter!) lock their doors or windows. People can feel too safe amongst their neighbors in my opinion.

Colorado Springs does have a lot of that "small town" feel to it too. I can see where the family might not feel they were in harm's way at all.

From what they've posted, Emma Bradshaw does look like a good suspect for it, but it seems like the police would have looked at her more closely had they any evidence?

What I find strange is that the family thinks she may have taken Christopher as revenge for the father having ended relations with her - yet they then state at other times they believe he was taken by someone who wanted a child and is being loved and cared for without knowing he was kidnapped?

With this woman's menacing background for stalking and harassment, if she did take Christopher, I don't get the feeling it would be out of love unless perhaps she then sold him? I am probably not making a lot of sense, as so many aspects of this case don't.

Boy I do see a trend with the Colorado Police departments having tunnel vision in child abduction cases though. Don't even get me started on the lost evidence.

The CSPD has just listed Christopher's case as MOST WANTED for Information, http://www.springsgov.com/Page.aspx?NavID=3716. A $100,000 reward is being offered for information leading to Christopher's whereabouts or the arrest of Christopher's kidnapper. The Abeyta's suspect is EB of Castlerock, CO. EB was having an affair with Christopher's Father. The night Christopher disappeared was the first night that Christopher's father had spent the night back at the family home after a seperation from Christopher's Mom. EB's name had been given to Detectives the day after Christopher's disappearance, and unfortunately they did not investigate her. They were very inexperienced and formed a myopic view and felt it had to be a family member.

A few years previously to Christopher's kidnapping, EB had been arrested for stalking and harrasment of another mans family when he tried to break things off with her. She entered their home as well with no signs of forced entry and wrote threatening letters. For uploaded police records go to christopher abeyta's facebook page. EB broke into yet another mans home and on the police report the police officer wrote in capital letters, "HE HAS BEEN TRYING TO GET RID OF HER". EB clearly had an MO. She certainly had a motive. Another disturbing fact about EB is that when she was pregnant with her only son, she was brought into the hospital for a stab wound in her abdomen. She said the knife accidentally fell off the counter and into her pregnant belly injuring her unborn child. Her son was born and has a scar from it. EB has received mental healthcare. Christopher's kidnapper was obviously not mentally well. EB had been to the Abeyta home before his kidnapping. EB had been calling the Abeyta home and hanging up. She had also been calling the victims Granparents and hanging up. There are obviously other facts and pieces of information that can not be disclosed on this site due to the on-going investigation.

Christopher's Parents have never given up, even after 24 years. They have never moved from Colorado Springs and have always tried to get their sons story in the media. Not only was their son kidnapped, but they lived under the suspicion of having been involved, and they also lived with the fact that Christopher never received the investigation he deserved because of inexperienced investigators.

Finally after all of these years, there appears to be cold case detectives who realize this investigation was flawed. Nothing we can do about the past, but we finally can do something now. Christopher's family, and more importanly Christopher deserves answers for the peace so desperately needed. Justice will be served.

The public records of the Abeyta's suspect are uploaded on Christopher's Facebook page. They include court documents and police reports of the suspect stalking, harrassment, and breaking in to other mens homes, http://www.facebook.com/findchristopher
It was the first night Christopher's father spent the night back at the family home after a brief seperation from Christopher's mother. This suspect called Christophers father several times the night of Christophers kidnapping trying to reach him up until midnight. Coincidence?

How sad. What a beautiful little boy. I think that EB seems a likely suspect. How anyone can hurt a helpless little child or baby is beyond comprehension.

Our door was often unlocked at night. We lived in an upper middle class neighborhood in 1986. Christophers siblings were teenagers and woud come and go. Go to this link to see the layout of the home: http://www.youtube.com/user/findchristopher
The room was absolutely not cluttered. There was a waterbed, nightstand, crib, and dresser. The morning of Christopher's disappearance my Mom woke up and went to the crib to see it was empty. She tossed over a laundry basket and was running all over the house stumbling down the stairs. She was in her nightgown and once we called the Police she went into her bedroom to put on clothes. She was so frantic she couldn't even dress herself. When she pulled open her dresser drawer to put undergarments on the drawer fell on the floor. The dresser was near the window, not in the pathway of the door to the crib. When the Police got there they took photos of this and assumed this was on the floor the night before. They NEVER asked any of us about this. I laid Christopher in his crib with my Mom that night. I was the first person to see my Parents that morning and hear my Mother's voice as she screamed out, "Christopher, he's not here!" And she had pure panic in her eyes. Yet, the Detectives only interviewed me a short time in his car the morning of my brothers disappearance?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back