WI WI - Kelly Nolan, 22, Madison, 23 June 2007 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the news conf tells us something new!

So let me get this straight. They said they haven't identified the body, Kelly's family was there earlier, they're still searching the area for 'other articles' and the guys who were working on Kelly's case have left the scene?

Now a news conference in a few minutes.

hmmmmmmmmmmm...........wonder if the guys handling her case took off to catch the perp before he found out they found her?

Just wonderin'

fran

JimNikki,
Generally the last person to be seen with her will be: A person of interest the police refuse to call them a suspect. If they do the perp or person of interest generally lawyer up. Then LE will not be able to find out information they have generally speaking.

He may of possibly heard about her being missing from her family or her friends. I'm sure before the family went to LE they asked around her hangouts if she'd been in.....or who was she with etc etc

Rest assured someone seen something......people generally don't leave without a trace. I'd say the employee who SAYS he left her with another man......... Needs a polygraph test. Does he have proof he handed her to someone else? Doubtful......How reliable is he? Does he have a rap sheet?
LE needs to have a tail on him 24/7.

Does she have a ex boyfriend? Could jealousy be a motive to take her? Has any guy ever stalked her before?Has she had harrassing phone calls? Does she have any enemies? Has she ever dated a married man?
Has her cell phone been used? Bank accounts or Credit cards used?

The possibilities are endless......I sure hope she is found soon. Normally its not good when she hasn't been seen or heard from in this length of time.

He took a polygraph and passed. He submitted DNA, etc.. I just wanted to let you know. I dont have the link- but it is in our links post.

I am surprised they told us as much as they did.

It is "probably" Kelly Nolan. The body is female and in a heavily wooded area. They are awaiting forensic teams to comb the area around and into where the body is before they can get close enough to determine it is her. They are being methodical as to not disturb evidence and could be up to two days before identification is made.

"Cell phone technology" was what lead them to this area and several others. In other words...IMO...they finally got the pings! (Sheesh! They act like we are stupid!)

If this is correct, I have some questions maybe someone could help me with:

1. This is the last confirmed person to have seen her. The employee was walking her home less than a mile away. Why? Too drunk to make it on her own? Generally wanted to make sure she got home okay? In both of those cases, it seems odd he would leave her with someone he didn't know. Time frame?

2. If the dates are correct, he learned about her disappearance the 25th and contacted police with his information. How did he learn that she was missing? Why did the police come out saying and implying to this day that the last confirmed sighting was when her friends parted at 11:30pm?

Any other observations?

BTW...With that information in hand prior to announcing Kelly was missing publicly, complete with a mystery man who Kelly was left with in the span of under a mile from A to B prior to disappearing...why would police suspect no foul play?

1. Safety. Someone was trying to look out for her, or she was trying to take care of herself by having someone walk her home. There have been a lot of problems with muggings, robberies and rapes on or near state street lately.
2. It's been widely reported that this guy had seen her, and contacted police as soon as he knew.
3. They weren't SAYING they suspected foul play. They obviously did, but they had no proof of it.

Noble Wray, Chief of police is saying at the live press conference that they tracked her body through cell phone signals.

ETA: The Chief just said "We do have SUSPECT(S) at large". I don't know if it was a mistake on his part, because he later said "suspect".....

He said the person in the sketch is NOT the suspect.

The Coroner is saying the evidence indicates the body is female, and probably is Kelly Nolan's. Family has been informed of the latest news.
Cell phone technology brought investigators and police to the search site this morning. That's what led them to the site.

According to cheif Noble Ray:
They have changed it from a missing persons case, to a homicide case. Suspects at large. Evidently, they must have lots of evidence at the scene. Officer stating lots of forensics to go over, so that's good for the case, imo.

Saying person in sketch has been ruled out at this time as a suspect. Chief says they've been working with the family.

Evidently the pings again has led authorities to the missing body of yet another murdered female's body. Geez, what would we do without them. I'm afraid the criminals are going to wisen up and start paying particular attention to cell phones during the commission of their crimes.

Chief says there's been ariel and canine searches in this area today. Authorities aren't aware if cell phone has been recovered yet. Their saying they haven't been able to get to the body yet. Evidently, they haven't started processing the body yet, so likely cell phone is somewhere hidden on the body. The body is in a heavily wooded area. Police say they have to be careful to process the scene in order to not disturb anything like evidence.

Pretty good presser so far. Their saying they have a few missing people in the county, but I feel it's her due to the cell phone number. They haven't approached the body yet to identify her, but their pretty sure it's her.

Another, crime. Does anybody know who the likely suspect is? Someone she was hanging out with that night? I haven't been following this case that closely.

He took a polygraph and passed. He submitted DNA, etc.. I just wanted to let you know. I dont have the link- but it is in our links post.

Thank you........I'll go back & read them.

I think the first guy offered to walk her home and she was too nice to say no. And when she saw the second man, someone she knew or trusted more, she said "Oh, thanks, so and so will walk me home"

Else, the first guy is lying.

I totally agree - your idea makes a LOT of sense. If it is the first case, though, second guy was more trusted, but then may not have been worthy of her trust...

The most likely suspect would be the employee who called them two days after she went missing, IMO. He has no way to prove he "handed her off" to some stranger. How did he find out she was missing if this didn't go public for awhile afterward?

Who is this guy? Does he have an alibi for the exact time she went missing and afterward? What connection does he have to the area where the body was found? Where does he live? Does he have a vehicle? Does he have roomates? What connection did he have, if any, with Angela Drake? Michael Desalvo? Desalvo's roomates?

I still say there HAS to be a connection here with the Drake case. Maybe it is why they are being so methodical now. They know the implications since one man is already behind bars for years for almost the same crime in the same area.

2. It's been widely reported that this guy had seen her, and contacted police as soon as he knew.

That's what has me baffled. He reported it as soon as he knew which, by the account of the cafe owner, was two days after he walked her home...at least 1 day before the public was asked to help her look.

Instead of saying she was last seen leaving the Lava Lounge at bar time, they indicated the last time she was seen was 11:30pm @ State Street Brats...last contact was in the early morning via the cell call. Perhaps looking for who she may have went to the Lava with, but not revealing where she was confirmed to be seen last to anyone.

Now, while everyone is focusing on what happened after 11:30pm & surv. tapes @ SSB, it was already known by police that was not where she was last seen.

Lava Lounge says that by the time police asked for their tapes, which I assume would be the first place the looked (by the above timeframe, 2 days after she disappeared), the tapes had been overwritten.

I think I may be stuck on this because I remember reading a quote where a business, I believe it was LL, said the tapes overwrite after 5 days or something similar...which would indicate either the police did not ask for the tapes until the 27th, although knew days earlier that was the last place she was seen, or the tapes were intentionally erased by the 25th or 26th.

I just can't find the article. I'm not saying the employee of the LL did anything, just noticed the inconsistency in dates...and am disheartened that the last know location wasn't focused on nearly as much as her DUI's were.

Whether this is connected to the case or not - Madison has never solved a series of murders of young women from 1967-1984...

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/unsolved/madison_wi/1.html
OMG! I had no idea! After reading through all those it is so chilling! The similarities already....freakish. It sent absolute ice cold chills down my back to my toes and stood the hair on my neck on end.

Even though, I am relatively sure they are in no way connected to Kelly Nolan...it sure replays like a nightmare that has never ended.

I would like to post this message from Megan Janeway's F/B page for Kelly. Agree or disagree with how things are done, IMO...The work Ms. Janeway has done to get Kelly attention is something anyone should be proud of.

In any case...

Chelsey Keen (MATC Madison) wrote
at 3:30pm
ATTENTION TO ALL:

Please, DO NOT talk to the media! I personally have received messages and know of many people who have received phone calls asking about Kelly the past two days. While I personally appreciate the fact that the media has made Kelly's case a national one, alerting everyone of her situation, PLEASE for the sake of the family, DO NOT RESPOND.

If you are sent a message, do not reply. If you are called or stopped on the street simply state, "no comment" and leave it at that. Thanks everyone.

That's what has me baffled. He reported it as soon as he knew which, by the account of the cafe owner, was two days after he walked her home...at least 1 day before the public was asked to help her look.

Instead of saying she was last seen leaving the Lava Lounge at bar time, they indicated the last time she was seen was 11:30pm @ State Street Brats...last contact was in the early morning via the cell call. Perhaps looking for who she may have went to the Lava with, but not revealing where she was confirmed to be seen last to anyone.

Now, while everyone is focusing on what happened after 11:30pm & surv. tapes @ SSB, it was already known by police that was not where she was last seen.

Lava Lounge says that by the time police asked for their tapes, which I assume would be the first place the looked (by the above timeframe, 2 days after she disappeared), the tapes had been overwritten.

I think I may be stuck on this because I remember reading a quote where a business, I believe it was LL, said the tapes overwrite after 5 days or something similar...which would indicate either the police did not ask for the tapes until the 27th, although knew days earlier that was the last place she was seen, or the tapes were intentionally erased by the 25th or 26th.

I just can't find the article. I'm not saying the employee of the LL did anything, just noticed the inconsistency in dates...and am disheartened that the last know location wasn't focused on nearly as much as her DUI's were.

Jim, this is why everyone is SO frustrated with this case. The family is mute with real info- especially about that LAST PHONE CALL- her sister said that her location was discussed during that last phone call.

The police don't give any real info. It seems like if they had just given out some information, they may have found her sooner.

That is something that really has me stumped. I've watched 2 evening cable news shows and her last phone call is being protected like Fort Knox. What's the real reason Kelly's last phone call won't be discussed?

I would like to post this message from Megan Janeway's F/B page for Kelly. Agree or disagree with how things are done, IMO...The work Ms. Janeway has done to get Kelly attention is something anyone should be proud of.

In any case...

Chelsey Keen (MATC Madison) wrote
at 3:30pm
ATTENTION TO ALL:

Please, DO NOT talk to the media! I personally have received messages and know of many people who have received phone calls asking about Kelly the past two days. While I personally appreciate the fact that the media has made Kelly's case a national one, alerting everyone of her situation, PLEASE for the sake of the family, DO NOT RESPOND.

If you are sent a message, do not reply. If you are called or stopped on the street simply state, "no comment" and leave it at that. Thanks everyone.

How does this help?

That is something that really has me stumped. I've watched 2 evening cable news shows and her last phone call is being protected like Fort Knox. What's the real reason Kelly's last phone call won't be discussed?

Also in light of new developements what information was the family giving that Kelly was alive and would be found. That was from the meeting with police last Tuesday.

I have to assume they think it will hamper the investigation.. but while they were protecting that, people were all looking in the wrong direction. The only reason we know she was actually at the Lava Lounge (and not State St Brats) is because that guy from LL went to the media on his own, independant of the family, and told the story about how she was walking with him from LL to her house, and he handed her off to some other guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member