The case for murder, #2

BBM - ...and why she never filed a WDS against RZ estate or against JS for that matter.

IMO Dina was playing bluff in the media for two years plus in order to intimidate the Zahaus from pursuing a lawsuit and/or divert LE from reopening and reinvestigating the Zahau case. She was using Rebecca and XZ as scapegoats in hopes that the public will be gullible and foolish enough to believe her confabulations.

I agree. I don't believe Jonah was complicit in Rebecca's murder and therefore, he has no reason to help the defendants - several of whom I believe are cold-blooded murderers - in the WDS.

I also don't believe Jonah or his teens participated in any way to cause Max's death. But I could be wrong on this.

I don't know if Jonah was complicit in Rebecca's murder and without proof I do not know if the teens were involved. However, Jonah's brother is a named defendant in the WDS. I do feel Jonah is likely assisting Adam. It appears Jonah called in Pfingst to help Adam that morning in 2011. If Adam and one of the twins were involved in Rebecca's murder, it would benefit Jonah to help the twins too. Why spend the money to help Adam when one of the twins might spill the beans and blow their whole defense? If a settlement is in the works, Jonah is the only one who has the means to help any of the 3 named defendants. In my opinion whether Jonah was involved or not, he wants this all to go away and I believe he would help his brother.

RE: everything after whatever happened to MS;
everything after whatever happened to RZ;
AND, LE’s public presentation of the cases and everything after;
excluding the very real fact that two people are very much dead

In the famous words of Elaine on Seinfeld: "fake, fake, fake"!

JMVHO

I don't know if Jonah was complicit in Rebecca's murder and without proof I do not know if the teens were involved. However, Jonah's brother is a named defendant in the WDS. I do feel Jonah is likely assisting Adam. It appears Jonah called in Pfingst to help Adam that morning in 2011. If Adam and one of the twins were involved in Rebecca's murder, it would benefit Jonah to help the twins too. Why spend the money to help Adam when one of the twins might spill the beans and blow their whole defense? If a settlement is in the works, Jonah is the only one who has the means to help any of the 3 named defendants. In my opinion whether Jonah was involved or not, he wants this all to go away and I believe he would help his brother.

I wrote a long, involved post yesterday in reply to this. I wonder where it went? :waitasec:

My reply was this:
Jonah, through his company lawyers/staff, contacted Pfingst to check out the situation at the Spreckels mansion, likely under the guise of preserving the company's "equity" (the mansion). I think it was not until late that afternoon when Adam went to the police station to be interviewed and polygraphed that Jonah then *directly* got involved and contacted Pfingst to represent Adam.

Therefore, there would *appear* to be no legal or professional misconduct or impropriety on Pfingst's part for showing up that morning at the mansion and crossing the crime scene because *technically* he was not there representing anyone *yet*. When Pfingst officially represented Adam, it was likely in the late afternoon/early evening, when he made a personal call to the precinct's private number to speak directly with Adam.

I think if Jonah was not involved in Rebecca's murder, Jonah would object to helping the Romano twins because he seems to want nothing to do with Dina now that Max is gone. I believe he would only assist the Romano twins *if* Dina holds some type of threat over him, such as threatening to expose something in Jonah's history relating to his business(es).

I could see Jonah helping Adam since Adam is his brother and a defendant in the WDS and Adam was purportedly called in to help "support" Jonah right after Max's accident. So Jonah helping Adam would be a familial obligation and an act of reciprocity.

All IMO

I thought the teenagers had left town, right? So it couldn't have been them. As for the couple JS employed who lived in the garage, LE talked to them, then they quickly moved out, before RZ's murder. Random strangers seem very, very unlikely. No, it had to be someone with means, motive and opportunity.

Poor Rebecca. I wish she had locked the door and turned on the alarm. She would be alive today if she had.

I brought this post from Betty P over from the Suicide thread because my response is more attuned with this murder thread.

BBM: I don't think it would be unreasonable to think that Rebecca could have given the code to Adam, whom she was hosting on the property, and whom she undoubtedly trusted. She may have offered this in case he should need something inside the mansion.

Anything related to the security system of the home has not been released, whether it was on or off, whose finger prints may have been on the control box, etc.

Inparadise, is it common for Coronado residents to sometimes leave their doors unlocked or to leave security systems off unless they are away for a long period of time?

TIA

I brought this post from Betty P over from the Suicide thread because my response is more attuned with this murder thread.

BBM: I don't think it would be unreasonable to think that Rebecca could have given the code to Adam, whom she was hosting on the property, and whom she undoubtedly trusted. She may have offered this in case he should need something inside the mansion.

Anything related to the security system of the home has not been released, whether it was on or off, whose finger prints may have been on the control box, etc.

Inparadise, is it common for Coronado residents to sometimes leave their doors unlocked or to leave security systems off unless they are away for a long period of time?

TIA
I know plenty of folks in Coronado who leave their doors unlocked.....which I think is stupid, for various reasons. And yes, lots who have security systems never use them.

I have a teenager in my home this evening who has a family member who had a high level position at Medicis when this all went down and who has been to the coronado house with the family before this happened. This teenager says they have seen the interaction between Rebecca and the children and says she was always very loving toward Max, but didn't have much of a relationship one way or the other with the two older children whom the teenager also knows personally. The teenager's dad and the teenager have very high opinions of Jonah and his side of the family. The dad believes that rebecca committed suicide out of guilt over Max's death on her watch. Take it fwiw. I found this out only because I was quizzing my child's "friend" about their family as moms are wont to do. Go figure...Again, I have no personal relationship with the Shacknai family.

eta: poor kid! Probably doesn't have any idea how that conversation evolved lol

I have a teenager in my home this evening who has a family member who had a high level position at Medicis when this all went down and who has been to the coronado house with the family before this happened. This teenager says they have seen the interaction between Rebecca and the children and says she was always very loving toward Max, but didn't have much of a relationship one way or the other with the two older children whom the teenager also knows personally. The teenager's dad and the teenager have very high opinions of Jonah and his side of the family. The dad believes that rebecca committed suicide out of guilt over Max's death on her watch. Take it fwiw. I found this out only because I was quizzing my child's "friend" about their family as moms are wont to do. Go figure...Again, I have no personal relationship with the Shacknai family.

eta: poor kid! Probably doesn't have any idea how that conversation evolved lol

Thank you for the info, Karmady.

BBM: Interesting info about what the dad believes. I don't doubt that many of Jonah's friends believe that. I don't believe Jonah would ever implicate his own brother, even privately, and IMO likely finds it unfathomable that the twins were involved in harming Rebecca.

I really think the Zahau's would have accepted a suicide ruling if all of their questions were answered with evidence, if their loved one's body had been treated with respect, if they had been given Rebecca's property...IMO a lot of "ifs" could have been taken care of long ago.

:waiting:

Thank you for the info, Karmady.

BBM: Interesting info about what the dad believes. I don't doubt that many of Jonah's friends believe that. I don't believe Jonah would ever implicate his own brother, even privately, and IMO likely finds it unfathomable that the twins were involved in harming Rebecca.

I really think the Zahau's would have accepted a suicide ruling if all of their questions were answered with evidence, if their loved one's body had been treated with respect, if they had been given Rebecca's property...IMO a lot of "ifs" could have been taken care of long ago.

:waiting:

Yeah, I wouldn't expect the dad to think anything other than that given his relationship with the company and JS. I was actually more interested to hear someone with personal knowledge of how Rebecca and Max were together. But again, this is just a kid talking. And a kid whose family has every reason to take one side of it. Really, really nice kid, btw. And was just all about how great JS and the kids are.

IMO if Rebecca wanted to make a statement to Jonah via a naked self-bound, self-gagged suicide, she would throw herself over a front balcony, not the back.

Attachments

• spreckelsfrontbalcony.jpg
    spreckelsfrontbalcony.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 61
I think whoever murdered Rebecca wanted her humiliated and objectified. I think the crime scene was looked at too much from a man's point of view. I note that other women seem to notice glaring problems about attitude toward menstrual blood. And the way she was left for hours to be looked at instead of respected and protected really bothers me. I feel terribly for her family and friends. MOO

I think whoever murdered Rebecca wanted her humiliated and objectified. I think the crime scene was looked at too much from a man's point of view. I note that other women seem to notice glaring problems about attitude toward menstrual blood. And the way she was left for hours to be looked at instead of respected and protected really bothers me. I feel terribly for her family and friends. MOO

Hi Batbateneoire!

Welcome. Why do you think murderer was a man?

IMO it was definitely a woman because she was not sexually assaulted but her boyfriend Jonah's ex-wife Dina hated her with a passion and was obsessed with her looks. Dina had in the past mocked Rebecca for her being Asian, using blue eyeshadow, her slimness and large breast implants. It was obvious Dina was jealous of Rebecca; after all, Rebecca stole Jonah from Dina from right under her nose!

I think Dina wanted to humiliate and torture Rebecca in the murder and beyond her death. She wanted Rebecca to be remembered as dirty with menstrual blood, hung from a noose like a lynched slave, hogtied like an animal not worthy of respect or humanity, out in a visible courtyard for mocking, gawking eyes.

Hi Batbateneoire!

Welcome. Why do you think murderer was a man?

IMO it was definitely a woman because she was not sexually assaulted but her boyfriend Jonah's ex-wife Dina hated her with a passion and was obsessed with her looks. Dina had in the past mocked Rebecca for her being Asian, using blue eyeshadow, her slimness and large breast implants. It was obvious Dina was jealous of Rebecca; after all, Rebecca stole Jonah from Dina from right under her nose!

I think Dina wanted to humiliate and torture Rebecca in the murder and beyond her death. She wanted Rebecca to be remembered as dirty with menstrual blood, hung from a noose like a lynched slave, hogtied like an animal not worthy of respect or humanity, out in a visible courtyard for mocking, gawking eyes.

I agree with both of you. I think there was some type of sexual assault involved in RZ's death. The evidence just wasn't gathered, tested or noted by LE. SDSO were very selective in the evidence they gathered and examined. Not all of the blood found at the crime scene was tested, but the implication was that it was menstrual blood. Never seen a modern crime scene handled that way.

I agree with RZ's attorney's conclusion that Adam sexually assaulted RZ prior to her death. The *advertiser censored* on her laptop, his admitted viewing of *advertiser censored* on his cell phone that night, the paint smears all over her body, etc.

I also get the vibe that someone was giving them advice and direction that night on what to do and how to stage the scene to make it look like suicide. Whether that person was present or talking via phone or text, I don't know. JMO, when things got out of hand, both Jonah and probably Paul Pfingst were contacted, perhaps Jonah's friend, Howard, too. I think someone may have contacted someone at SDSO, too, and the whole scenario for the next day planned. I think Adam, Dina, Jonah and a lot of other people were up all night, figuring things out. That's why SDSO never checked their phones and calling/texting activity, only RZ's.

That's also why the crime scene looks unusual, because both women and men were involved in staging it. But they were probably in a panic, trying to fix things late at night, with dawn nearing. That's how someone came up with the idea of leaving her body exposed to the elements next day - to confuse TOD. SDSO and the ME's office had to be involved in that decision.

I agree with both of you. I think there was some type of sexual assault involved in RZ's death. The evidence just wasn't gathered, tested or noted by LE. SDSO were very selective in the evidence they gathered and examined. Not all of the blood found at the crime scene was tested, but the implication was that it was menstrual blood. Never seen a modern crime scene handled that way.

I agree with RZ's attorney's conclusion that Adam sexually assaulted RZ prior to her death. The *advertiser censored* on her laptop, his admitted viewing of *advertiser censored* on his cell phone that night, the paint smears all over her body, etc.

I also get the vibe that someone was giving them advice and direction that night on what to do and how to stage the scene to make it look like suicide. Whether that person was present or talking via phone or text, I don't know. JMO, when things got out of hand, both Jonah and probably Paul Pfingst were contacted, perhaps Jonah's friend, Howard, too. I think someone may have contacted someone at SDSO, too, and the whole scenario for the next day planned. I think Adam, Dina, Jonah and a lot of other people were up all night, figuring things out. That's why SDSO never checked their phones and calling/texting activity, only RZ's.

That's also why the crime scene looks unusual, because both women and men were involved in staging it. But they were probably in a panic, trying to fix things late at night, with dawn nearing. That's how someone came up with the idea of leaving her body exposed to the elements next day - to confuse TOD. SDSO and the ME's office had to be involved in that decision.

That thinking would explain why Adam texted Jonah in the morning and Jonah never bothered to come back to the mansion to see what happened for himself, to see Rebecca's body and make sure things were taken care of. He could have left Max's side for a short while to do that, but didn't.

That thinking would explain why Adam texted Jonah in the morning and Jonah never bothered to come back to the mansion to see what happened for himself, to see Rebecca's body and make sure things were taken care of. He could have left Max's side for a short while to do that, but didn't.

Why would any father even consider leaving the bedside of his critically injured child?

Why would any father even consider leaving the bedside of his critically injured child?

A decent person would have been able to grieve both the possible loss of their child and the actual loss of his live in partner.
There are plenty of people who have had to tend to more than one dying/ill/sick family member or loved one at a time. e.g. vehicle accidents where more than one family member is critically injured.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back