The case for murder, #2

BBM
Isn't it standard, or at least professional procedure to re investigate a suspicious death if it's revealed that mistakes were made, evidence excluded or ignored? It taints everything that's been done. There's no choice but for a team of investigators to go back to square one and look at everything all over again, ask more questions, do more testing. At minimum, they should ask Jonah, Adam and the others to submit DNA samples to compare with the "unknown" DNA found at the crime scene.

It boggles the mind that SDSO expected the public to go along with their excuses and explanations.

From observations, experience and anecdotal evidence, only ethical people who care about justice and fairness and the truth admit flaws, redress personal and professional errors, and right wrongs. Lazy, selfish, narcissistic people whose sole purpose in life is earning a quick buck do not.

<snipped for brevity>
Anyway, the new knife evidence is interesting, and relevant.

Is this the same knife that was presumed to have cut the rope? The news article says "steak knife". Do we know where this was found?

The steak knife was found in the bedroom along with most of the other evidence. It is not new evidence - it was known to Sheriff investigators and also that there was blood on it...although "covered" with blood is new. It is obvious from looking at this photo the handle is not "covered" in blood.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180309-142716.jpg
    Screenshot_20180309-142716.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 17
The steak knife was found in the bedroom along with most of the other evidence. It is not new evidence - it was known to Sheriff investigators and also that there was blood on it...although "covered" with blood is new. It is obvious from looking at this photo the handle is not "covered" in blood.

I've lost track of this thread. What is the general consensus saying? Was it suicide or was it murder?
I don't think I've heard anything really to sway me that its murder.

Wonder what the jury will say? It would be good to hear from someone who is from Burma and raised there, to see just how she may have been raised in a cultural setting. Since Max died only hours before this occurred, it could have been guilty feeings ingrained in Rebecca, and we don't know how her boyfriend treated her in this regard OR if he found fault and said so to her.
I know he had her pick up relatives coming in at the airport twice.

How about his treatment of her...considering Max?

The blood message scrawled on the door could have been from Rebecca in a moment of pure despair.

I've lost track of this thread. What is the general consensus saying? Was it suicide or was it murder?

Wonder what the jury will say? It would be good to hear from someone who is from Burma and raised there, to see just how she may have been raised in a cultural setting. Since Max died only hours before this occurred, it could have been guilty feeings ingrained in Rebecca, and we don't know how her boyfriend treated her in this regard OR if he found fault and said so to her.

The blood message scrawled on the door could have been from Rebecca in a moment of pure despair.
Max died Days later. Not hours.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

She still may have been feeling terribly sad considering he was under her care that day. We don't know what her boyfriend, Max's father said to her.
Wasn't Max in a hospitalized coma...It was serious enough the family knew he might not pull through. And of course he did not.

I still feel she was in despair. In that case, the message could have been of her own writing and initiative.

From an earlier post:
Jonah and Dina were at Max&#8217;s side when Adam called. Jonah left the room to take the call. When he returned, Dina says, he told her that Rebecca had killed herself, and then he pantomimed stabbing himself in the stomach. &#8220;Why?&#8221; Dina recalls asking. &#8220;Asian honor,&#8221; Jonah said.

When investigators from the San Diego County Sheriff&#8217;s Department came to interview Jonah at the hospital that afternoon, he said, &#8220;She comes from a true Asian background... they just look at things differently in terms of responsibility.&#8221;

OR, it may have been a deliberate response, not the least bit surprising to get this news, if he and his brother had deliberated ahead of time. That seems to be far fetched however.

blood message?

The message you are familiar with, as is everyone talking about the Rebecca Zahau case and deliberating whether its murder or suicide. If not written in blood, then in paint. Seems like a discussion no one wants to have unless its concluded as murder and the murderer as the only male present in the house at the time.

I'm trying to be unbiased, as there was no real evidence yet presented to point to Adam Shacknai as a killer. IF so, please tell me what that evidence is.

What about the "Asian honor" statement made by Jonah S.? Does that hold water with anyone?> THAT is the question here I have. Suicide or Murder?

Personally, I'm on the fence so I'd be a holdout on a jury.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back