Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank-you for the info.
Do you have any idea of the weather on the afternoon this crime occurred? What about later that night? I am going to look up the info.on the web.but, I also thought I'd inquire at WS.
It was very, very windy that day all over the state. Warm and windy.

http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20080624/NEWS01/806240307

Longview Police Arrest Woman Driving Stolen Pickup Truck
East Texas

LONGVIEW — A license plate check early Sunday morning by police led the arrest of a Hallsville woman who authorities said was driving a stolen vehicle.

Longview Police Officer Robert Neibert spotted a white Chevrolet pickup truck traveling southbound on Mobberly Avenue at around 12:10 a.m.

“A check of the license plate on the vehicle showed it to be reported stolen out of Harrison County,” Longview Police Department public information officer Shaun Pendleton said.

The officer then stopped the vehicle, which was driven by 26-year-old Daphne Ann Brook of Hallsville, who was then taken into police custody....

Truck found in Clearwater River was stolen

http://www.klewtv.com/news/22163824.html

Sunk%20Truck%20KLEW.jpg
I would like to know when both of those trucks were stolen. Great job in finding those!

Copper, truck, gun, electronics, prom dresses reported stolen

http://www.guardonline.com/?q=node/45719
• A Desha man, Jody Dunegan, said he was driving down Brushy Road the morning of May 27 when he met his 1990 Ford pickup truck being driven by an unknown person, according to Independence County Deputy Colby Markum.
Dunegan said he turned around and tried to catch up with his truck, but lost sight of it near England Drive.
According to Dunegan, the keys were not in the truck and there were no tags on it at the time of its theft around 9 a.m.
The truck was entered into the Arkansas Crime Information Center database as stolen. No suspect was listed.

I will go back & check those other dates

As far as LE goes on this case and the media...I am getting really frustrated with both now. LE CAN control the media which means they are not letting anything out. I think they have reached a dead end until they find the POI. GRRRR!

Keep working, Getsmart! Sounds like you could get somewhere with stolen trucks. Great angle!

My bad on the one truck I thought that was the day they found it in ID

Anybody reading topix 2nite? statement about our buddy Creech got a crew cut??

My bad on the one truck I thought that was the day they found it in ID

Anybody reading topix 2nite? statement about our buddy Creech got a crew cut??
Reading over there is like listening in to the old telephone party line connections, lots of chatter, and repeating the same things over, and over, and over, and...................:rolleyes:

I know.. I hit last post & that was there, thats all I have done just hit last post & it is always the same just a different poster lol. Just give me WS :blowkiss:

How long does it take for DNA to be processed? Would this case be made more of a priority than others? What kind of DNA do you think they have?

"He said tests determined that each girl was shot with both guns. However, Rosser again Thursday did not want to reveal what caliber bullet killed them. Authorities are still awaiting DNA samples to be returned by a state chemist."

http://www.koco.com/news/16589907/de...12000206132008I

When horrible things like this happen we usually know that the convenience stores in the local area check their tapes. What I am wondering is if "banks" check their tapes or atm photo shots making an effort to put a name to a face. Surely the bad guys have to go to the bank sooner or later.

Just wondering.

LOL, ona my favorite, of many lines from 'Finding Nemo'...sometimes I just feel that way....trying to keep up w/you all. Here, in Brook Bennetts case, MJD, on and on........I was just thinking .....just keep swimming, just keep swimming.

:D:blowkiss: ;)

LOL! I love that movie. Dorie swimming around going "oooohhhh ahhhhhh" thinking she's a whale. Cracks me up.

I'm right next to ya Christine., but I'm barely treading water here. LOL Just trying to keep up reading...haven't even been able to post.

Just keep swimming.... :blowkiss:

Okay, trying to sort everything out in my brain here....... The POI was seen by a number of people. Some people saw the POI standing up outside the car, some saw him sitting down outside the car. That would say to me that the at least some of the witnesses drove by at separate times. Keeping that in mind, along with him changing positions, that means he was there for a good period of time. If the girls were already dead, then why was he there THAT long? I'm guessing the cars weren't one right after the other if he had changed positions. It doesn't make sense to me that he would just hang out, half in the middle of the road, with two girls he just killed. What if someone had stopped and asked if he needed help? Why would he put himself in that position? And being outside the truck, he wasn't even in a position to get away quickly if need be.

If he pulled his truck into that position to shield that he was killing the girls, don't you think that would have given them time to run, or at least get further away, if they didn't know him? I know as young girl I would have found that kind of freaky and tried to move away from the guy.

Also, the witnesses gave an incredibly detailed description of the guy, down to eye color. I don't know about everyone else, but if I saw someone suspicious by a vehicle, I wouldn't want to stare at the person long enough to get that much detail. But I WOULD make it a point to get the license plate. All of these people had a good enough memory to give a detailed description of the guy, but none of them, or even all of them put together, could come up with the license plate number? That just seems weird to me.

Okay, trying to sort everything out in my brain here....... The POI was seen by a number of people. Some people saw the POI standing up outside the car, some saw him sitting down outside the car. That would say to me that the at least some of the witnesses drove by at separate times. Keeping that in mind, along with him changing positions, that means he was there for a good period of time. If the girls were already dead, then why was he there THAT long? I'm guessing the cars weren't one right after the other if he had changed positions. It doesn't make sense to me that he would just hang out, half in the middle of the road, with two girls he just killed. What if someone had stopped and asked if he needed help? Why would he put himself in that position? And being outside the truck, he wasn't even in a position to get away quickly if need be.

If he pulled his truck into that position to shield that he was killing the girls, don't you think that would have given them time to run, or at least get further away, if they didn't know him? I know as young girl I would have found that kind of freaky and tried to move away from the guy.

Also, the witnesses gave an incredibly detailed description of the guy, down to eye color. I don't know about everyone else, but if I saw someone suspicious by a vehicle, I wouldn't want to stare at the person long enough to get that much detail. But I WOULD make it a point to get the license plate. All of these people had a good enough memory to give a detailed description of the guy, but none of them, or even all of them put together, could come up with the license plate number? That just seems weird to me.

The problem is LE is not divulging what all the witnesses saw that day or where.

There may have been no other vehicle passing around the time of the crime except the one that saw him doing "something" but couldn't tell what it was. I think the "sitting" vs "standing" may be words given by the media concerning the same witness. Many times they put their own interpretation wording to a story.

There may have been witnesses that saw him afterward or those who saw him before ...may be even coming from or going toward the bridge or leaving the general area.

I believe the artist was very comfortable that the witnesses were describing a NA so therefore he most likely put the most common eye color based on their collective memories and his 35 year experience.

The more I think about it, in my opinion, he was in the process of getting ready to do the u-turn when he saw the car approaching. He would have to remain there until the vehicle passed, acting nonchalant so the girls bodies couldn't be seen, then when they passed and no one was coming he made the u-turn and went back toward the bridge.

imoo

Ocean ~ I understand what you're saying. However, IIRC, the POI was outside of the vehicle, which means he wasn't getting ready to do a u-turn. Unless when he was standing outside the vehicle it was at a different time..... I don't know! You're right, there isn't enough information to try to figure this all out. I think it's starting to drive all of us a little batty.

Ocean ~ I understand what you're saying. However, IIRC, the POI was outside of the vehicle, which means he wasn't getting ready to do a u-turn. Unless when he was standing outside the vehicle it was at a different time..... I don't know! You're right, there isn't enough information to try to figure this all out. I think it's starting to drive all of us a little batty.

Not that is certainly the truth, Lyn. I think we are all beating our brains to figure this senseless crime out. I sure hope there is a break soon.

But see, there again we don't know all they saw. When asked that by the media LE refused to go any further.

So they may have actually seen him step out of the truck but couldn't tell what he was doing when he was outside of it.

I really don't know but I just feel like he was getting ready to leave and they almost caught him in the act. So the best thing he could do is stand out beside the truck like he was doing something. Example: checking his tires maybe etc.

imoo

Message on the memorial cross - something like, "You will never catch me."

IMO a disturbed person that had nothing to do with the crime.

Now you see that just bites me !! Seems like they would have some type of survillance set up...it's common place that the criminal does at times return to scene or goes to funerals...just saying if they had survillance they could at least bust the crackpot.

Message on the memorial cross - something like, "You will never catch me."

IMO a disturbed person that had nothing to do with the crime.

hi Trino~

Where did you read this news?
It is interesting to say the least.

hi Trino~

Where did you read this news?
It is interesting to say the least.

A member of topix, who lives in the area, posted that today. She said a woman saw it at the memorial site and called OSBI. She said they came and took the cross, and that the local paper was going to report on it Friday. I guess we'll see if they report it.

A member of topix, who lives in the area, posted that today. She said a woman saw it at the memorial site and called OSBI. She said they came and took the cross, and that the local paper was going to report on it Friday. I guess we'll see if they report it.

hi Clay Cat~

I read the Topix comment also. I was wondering if the info. had been posted somewhere else. I have been following your threads in Topix and in the other forum here on WS. Have you had any other thoughts, ,feelings, or ideas about this case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa