CA-Sandra Cantu Missing 3/28/2009 from Tracy,#5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing it close to the vest. The body would have decomposed somewhat, but I would think they could still find a cause of death. Not like it's been a year or anything. I think they are keeping it close so as not to tip off whoever did this.

his demeanor was markedly different....i think he's getting a little peeved at all of the media speculation. welcome to the world of a high-profile case, buddy. i kinda like him...he definitely controls the pressers.

And when asked what "they" means - he just said everyone is a suspect and then abruptly said "that's all I have right now"

Is this weird?

Salem
I think it's pretty common - at least in cases I have seen that are well-run. The most they will usually say is that no one is ruled out.

Oh gosh I hope this sweet little girl didn't have more than one sicko to deal with. Please, please no!

IMO, the pastor, his home and church are under scrutiny for a reason. They came under scrutiny immediately after the presser last night. The CSI team not getting to the church yet has held things up. LE does have a prime suspect IMO. They just are not going to tell us until an arrest is made.

Could someone give a brief update as to why the church is suspected or being talked about? I looked back on the other threads to where Sandra's body was found, but not sure how the church comes into it.

From what I can gather, the pastor and his family live in the park. According to the press conference, the suitcase was found at 10am and the pastor was questioned around 7 or 8pm. Several of the reporters were asking if the pastor or someone in his family had reported a suitcase missing, and LE denied knowing that. The presser was more about saying information coming out was erroneous and that everyone they speak to is a person of interest.

http://www.sacbee.com/latest/story/1762926.html

Coroner: Cause of death in Sandra Cantu case could take 4 to 8 weeks

stano@sacbee.com
Published: Tuesday, Apr. 7, 2009 - 2:50 pm

San Joaquin County Coroners officials said that they have completed an autopsy on remains believed to be those of missing 8-year-old Tracy girl Sandra Cantu.

Sheriff's department spokesman Deputy Les Garcia would not comment on any findings made during the autopsy. He said officials will wait on toxicology reports and tissue sample analysis before they rule an official cause of death. Those tests could take anywhere from four to eight weeks, he said.

Cantu was last seen alive March 27 skipping through a mobile home park in Tracy, where she lived with her mother and grandparents. Tracy Police have tentatively identified human remains found Monday in a suitcase floating in a Tracy irrigation pond as those of the little girl. They were discovered by farmworkers draining the pond.

The remains were taken to the San Joaquin County coroner's office in French Camp, near Stockton, at about 5:40 p.m. Monday.

Though the remains still are classified as those of a "Jane Doe," pending a match of dental records, police identified Cantu by the clothing she was last seen wearing -- a pink shirt and black leggings, said Sgt. Tony Shenneman of the Tracy Police Department.

his demeanor was markedly different....i think he's getting a little peeved at all of the media speculation. welcome to the world of a high-profile case, buddy. i kinda like him...he definitely controls the pressers.

He probably is getting peeved, but we all just want answers and justice for Sandra. And I like him too.

The more terse the presser, the closer to an arrest I think.

He made sure almost to underline that the pastor was questioned after the contents of the luggage were revealed.

Sandra's remains were in the bag they found in the pond so I guess I don't understand what you mean?

sarcasm... LE said there was no indication of remains in the bag all day yesterday even though they pretty much knew that wasn't true.

Sandra's remains were in the bag they found in the pond so I guess I don't understand what you mean?

I think the poster means that LE said yesterday that there was no indication that their were human remains in the suitcase, but all of the actions were saying they did think she was in there. So, even if they are saying someone isn't a suspect, that may not be 100% true.

http://www.sacbee.com/latest/story/1762926.html

Coroner: Cause of death in Sandra Cantu case could take 4 to 8 weeks

stano@sacbee.com
Published: Tuesday, Apr. 7, 2009 - 2:50 pm

San Joaquin County Coroners officials said that they have completed an autopsy on remains believed to be those of missing 8-year-old Tracy girl Sandra Cantu.

Sheriff's department spokesman Deputy Les Garcia would not comment on any findings made during the autopsy. He said officials will wait on toxicology reports and tissue sample analysis before they rule an official cause of death. Those tests could take anywhere from four to eight weeks, he said.

Cantu was last seen alive March 27 skipping through a mobile home park in Tracy, where she lived with her mother and grandparents. Tracy Police have tentatively identified human remains found Monday in a suitcase floating in a Tracy irrigation pond as those of the little girl. They were discovered by farmworkers draining the pond.

The remains were taken to the San Joaquin County coroner's office in French Camp, near Stockton, at about 5:40 p.m. Monday.

Though the remains still are classified as those of a "Jane Doe," pending a match of dental records, police identified Cantu by the clothing she was last seen wearing -- a pink shirt and black leggings, said Sgt. Tony Shenneman of the Tracy Police Department.
So they say this is a tentative identificaion. Probably pending dental records or DNA.

hmmmm....I think if I lived in that park, and had kids, I'd be terrified. Per LE, it could be any number of people who live right there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member