2011.06.11 Sidebar (Trial Day Sixteen)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm certain that Troy's gf has since moved to Boston from Virginia, not that that's a big deal. She met KC during July 2008 for the first time. KC took her around - shopping and out to eat. KC answered her cell phone and made an exuse as to why she couldn't do what the caller was asking her to do. Afterward KC said that she (KC) was such a good liar. I don't recall anything about those two having a discussion about abuse KC may have incurred (that doesn't mean it didn't happen but I don't recall the conversation).

She didn't say anything about the abuse but Jose tried to get that question in and of course Ashton objected so it was never answered. She also mentioned hearing KC arguing on the phone w/someone over money and she assumed it was her mother.

I wonder if some of that has to do with that Wendy lady getting on TV saying Casey was driving someones car other then hers on the 17 to the 19th or 20th of June. I have no idea where she is getting that. Do you?

I think Wendy Murphy 'scanned' the timeline quickly and mixed her facts up.

First of all WM has said the state says the child was killed on the 17th. So she starts off on the wrong foot already, but then she looks at the timeline, and she said " Casey went on a date on the 16th w/o Caylee, so WHO had her that night?'

That was her first mistake. She did not realize Caylee was already 'asleep' in the trunk. Then she said that Casey did not have her own car from the 17th to the 19th.

All I can think of is she saw the interview with the friend Chris, who said Casey came over @ 5 pm on the 17th driving Tony's Jeep. She supposedly told him her car was not working.

But there are other reports from her cell pings and her computer usage which show she was driving the car in the early afternoon and all of the next day and the day after. So Wendy needs to do some research.

I sent her 2 e-mails with the pertinent info already. I bet she was flooded with them.

I really wonder too but I think about it and when this is all over they will probably sign some book and movie deals and have a chance of getting back to a normal life. Do they want to spend some of this time in jail or prison?

If they were to end up spending any time in jail or prison for something that is a felony - like obstruction of justice, I don't think they can profit from the crime. They wouldn't be able to profit from writing a book or a movie deal.

No, Melissa English did not wear glasses. I think you're talking about the Congressional aide who was one of the roomate's girlfriends--Tony's roomate, maybe? :confused:

Maria Kesse, something like that.

You are so right but I think even now she is not having to own up. I personally believe that the DT went to GA and CA and told them the only way to save Casey from the DP was to go with the accidental drowning and implicate GA. I believe CA and GA saw this as the only way to save Casey's life. I believe they are still behind her 100%. Cindy is texting her during the trial and all the Anthony's were very careful during testimony, not one of them added a single thing to help the Pros.

I honestly believe that the A's believe it was an accident. I think they believe that ICA tried to cover it up and make it look like a kidnapping thus the duct tape and so on. But I do think they bought the whole accident story, hook, line and sinker.

I totally agree with you. The A's have not changed. They are still behind her 100%. IMO

I totally agree with you. The A's have not changed. They are still behind her 100%. IMO

I completely agree that Cindy at least is still 100% behind ICA. She's managed to convince herself now that ICA lied again but it was only an accident and that the defense attorneys are responsible for the evil accusations- not her precious ICA.

The DT is going to try to tear GA, CA, and LA into shreds on the stand. Their attorney surely has told them this. For this reason, I think they will be on the prosecution's side for the duration of the trial. The irony. They now have to depend on JA, LKB, and FG to cross and save their hineys.

Are any of you concerned that when the DT puts on their case George will agree with their pool story minus the molesting part to save ICA?

I have a bad feeling. I want to believe the Anthonys finally admit to the fact their daughter caused the death of Caylee but I don't see it in their face.
Cindy doesn't appear to be paying much attention to the prosecution........head down , some say writing away. Even the son, after the disgusting things Baez said about him.....when Baez came up to question him, he smiled at Baez. I don't get it. I was more angry hearing Baez's story than the Anthonys seem to be. I hope I am wrong.

Yes, I'm very concerned.

You're right. Cindy doesn't seem to be paying much attention to the prosecution. I thought they were there to learn the truth. How can one learn the truth when one is not listening?

The other problem is that Duct Tape often comes in 2 pks or 3 pks. I could see George as someone who might buy them that way in a Home Depot or something. So who knows if it is even the same exact roll of tape?

You know who does know??

Yes the FBI, they know.

It was not found used on ANYTHING ELSE including the plumbing at their home.

Why the FBI would think people used duct tape on the plumbing is something I cannot answer.

After it was over, George's questioning about the molestation and the whole thing with him having to go down and write things on the calendar just seemed so phony and like acting out a scene with Baez. I don't think he'll ever say that he did anything, but the whole family may have accepted that whatever it takes to avoid the death penalty will have to be done. They may believe accidental drowning due to not watching Caylee. If so, it's a shame because they will never have peace and will spend the rest of their lives agonizing over the inmate being victimized in prison, visiting, sending money, appeals, blaming themselves, etc.

I wonder if some of that has to do with that Wendy lady getting on TV saying Casey was driving someones car other then hers on the 17 to the 19th or 20th of June. I have no idea where she is getting that. Do you?

There was a witness that saw her driving toni's car on one of the dates.

(Big sigh) Do you know how wide ONE strip of duct tape is ? ONE strip can cover the nose and mouth of an adult . There were THREE strips,not directly on top of one another,so the three create an even wider strip. Imagine Caylee's tiny face and think of this in another way. How could that wide strip of THREE pieces of duct tape NOT cover her mouth and nose. Placing it all the way to the top or all the way to the bottom,it would still cover her mouth and nose, IMO.

Normal duct tape is 3 inches ,this duck tape was 2 inches. FWIW.

The defense team is not sitting in the usual spot for the defense table. Instead, they're up against a wall to the right of the Judge (if you're looking at the courtroom from the entrance). Where George and Cindy are sitting, they have a direct line of sight to the defense table. All anyone at the defense table has to do is look up and to their left to see Cindy.
That's interesting, since Casey looks to the left frequently.

I can't imagine a woman over the age of 18 hiding a pregnancy for 7 months and not telling anyone. Maybe she was conflicted about wanting Caylee...but even without insurance there are plenty of planned partenhood's around and they base on income, which KC had none....seems it wouldn't have cost that much for an abortion, if that is what she really wanted. Personally, I don't believe in abortion and think that Caylee did what she was suppose to do in this short life she had....JMO
IIRC, Casey wanted to give the baby for adoption, but Cindy wanted her to keep it. I read that somewhere...

Question is, did she have the money to have an abortion? She probably tried to hide the pregnancy from her parents in hopes of stealing the money from a friend or family member & by then it was too late to have one. She had no choice but to have the baby.
Since when did KC ever plan ahead? "I'll think about that tomorrow..." She operates on impulse.

Tracy hasn't testified, but in her deposition or statement she said that after Casey was bonded out she was in the kitchen with Cindy, George, and Casey and Casey said something like "they don't know about the shovel - I used the shovel to get the ladder out of the pool." Then there were looks exchanged by George, Cindy, and Casey and that conversation came to a halt.
Forensics found nothing on the shovel. No chlorine. Nothing.

After it was over, George's questioning about the molestation and the whole thing with him having to go down and write things on the calendar just seemed so phony and like acting out a scene with Baez. I don't think he'll ever say that he did anything, but the whole family may have accepted that whatever it takes to avoid the death penalty will have to be done. They may believe accidental drowning due to not watching Caylee. If so, it's a shame because they will never have peace and will spend the rest of their lives agonizing over the inmate being victimized in prison, visiting, sending money, appeals, blaming themselves, etc.

I think they really do believe that KC murdered Caylee. The attorney for the Anthonys made a statement regarding their support of KC.

"They don't want what the state is asking but they do want to see justice done."

I interpreted that as they don't want to see her get the DP but they want her to be punished for what she did do. Also, GA could have taken the 5th without admitting to anything and that would have helped her defense tremendously. CA could have wavered on whether or not she left the ladder on the pool. That would've gone very far in advancing the defense theory. But neither of them did this. If they thought it was just an accident wouldn't CA and GA, who've done so much more in order to support her innocence, done these two simple things at trial?

Yes, I am still shocked when I read people think there is no obvious motive....!
She spent most of her time trying to palm her off on other people.
In one of the first interviews CA gave she said she wasn't too concerned at first because ICA had gone away for a while to "bond with her child" and I was stunned when she said that- in the previous 2+ years where was the bond with Caylee- we know now, the maternal bond was only with CA. An "unfit mother" as CA called her, obviously neglectful, with a child that was a handicap to her chosen lifestyle . Women have killed their children for much less reason than that, felt no guilt or remorse, only relief, and ICA is one of them.

I haven't followed the case from the beginning but while I have gathered as much from the WS discussions during the trial I don't feel like her motive has been made clear in the trial by the prosecutors. (I haven't seen all the witnesses though.) Maybe they don't have to if they can make it convincing enough otherwise.

IMO it's actually Jose Baez who has presented the most convincing motive so far. He's saying that due to family dysfunction yadda yadda Casey is so messed up that she can't feel normal emotions and that sorta thing might explain why someone kills their child. Because they don't feel love or remorse or fear of consequences and the child gets in the way.

Ive just replayed the video where the Judge talks about letting the animated skull into court

He says Quote "Unfortunately in homicide cases the evidence tends to be not so nice"

Is he saying that its homicide as opposed to accident?

below Link to you tube approx 1 minute in

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVEn-ma3buk"]YouTube - ‪Judge Perry Allows Skull Animation Video‬‏[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRios