trial thread: 3/23/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derstine suggests to McClintuc she was "very much in control" after Tori's death, during police interviews. McClintic disagrees

McClintic had a journal in jail after April 12/09. McClintic had gang signs in the book. Earlier said she "wasn't like that" after '08.

Adrian Morrow ‏
After her confession, McClintic told police she came up with the script of what to say in interrogation. Now she says Rafferty crafted it

Really??? This is the defense strategy and the shocker we were supposed to hear for years according to the defense " we don't know all the details" This defense is going nowhere

Such a nice guy this Rafferty dude. He helped her clean up the murder according to his lawyer.

She made up a lot of the lies I think because of love she thought she had with him and she will not admit to that now IMO. I think that is why there is so much inconsistency.

McClintic wrote her life was over and nothing mattered in the journal

McClintic wrote in 09 she "wears her do rag like the devil wears prada".

McClintic wrote a letter to a judge dated April 19th, about her youth court matters.

She made up a lot of the lies I think because of love she thought she had with him and she will not admit to that now IMO. I think that is why there is so much inconsistency.

She must still love him then. She said she would take the fall and she did.:moo:

She said at the time, nobody helped her with the lies. Derstine notes she had already implicated Rafferty, why would she lie? She stammers

... says McC offered Tori to #rafferty as a gift, he refused, she directed him to a rural area, suggests he leave scene...

Derstine notes it wasn't a high pressure situation. She was trying to help, she says.

...Derstine suggests #Rafferty left scene because Tori was scared of him, returned and was horrified to see McC had killed Tori...

Why would Tori have been scared of MR if he was such an innocent bystander in all this? If he really wasn't doing anything and TLM was the one who was so terrible would Tori not have reached out to MR in an effort to get help???!!! I really don't see how Derstine thinks he is helping his client!

JMHO

Tea Time! * sigh, more like beer but I am at work.....

RaffertyLFP: McClintic being questioned about entries in her journal in April 2009. [via Twitter]

Tea Time! * sigh, more like beer but I am at work.....

So am I but a beer sounds wonderful right now!! I was going to have Timmie's for lunch but I think I'll pass. :floorlaugh:

McClintic wrote that she didn't know Tori Stafford on another page, was "trying to drill it" into her head.

All of the statements were in the form of a question McClintic could agree or disagree with. She disagreed with all of

TLM has already confessed to the final blow, whether it was her or not is still questionable but she got a maximum sentence, why would she lie about the details???? Derstine is cross examining her like she has something to lose

All these inconsistencies are crazy. I think the def is trying to confuse the jury as to who, what and where... but then again, TLM is on another planet herself. My gut tells me Canadians know 'how to trial'. They aren't going anywhere.

RaffertyLFP: In journal she writes she is ready to snap. Lots of profanity. "I am getting f----- bloodthirsty again." [via Twitter]

McClintic wrote in jail in her journal she was "getting blood thirsty again."

Derstine reads from a notebook McClintic had in detention centre after Tori's death. Says she was getting "bloodthirsty again".

In notebook McClintic writes she was "relapsing on a habit" and pleads, "If there's a God, help me before I self destruct." #Rafferty

Adrian Morrow ‏
Now court is looking at a book of McClintic's writings while in detention after Tori's death, before she confessed

did he help Tori, did he call the police? Did she help Tori, did she call the police. No matter who did exactly what...the coming together of them both resulted in the horrific death of this girl as either one of them could have changed that outcome. IMO

Gosh, you just never know who is out there do you? Thank God none of us ran into her in Ontarioario!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53