trial thread: 3/23/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derstine asks McClintic about Rafferty's knowledge of the area around Oliver Stephens Public School and Tori Stafford. She says that to her knowledge Rafferty did not know Tara MacDonald, James Goris or Tori Stafford and lived on the other end of Woostock. It was McClintic who often walked in the area

I think they are trying to expose her ugly, angry nature --- by using this music, really, the music doesn't make a killer......agreed.

Derstine asks if she was just a "horrified spectator". She says "I have as much a part of this as he does".

Derstine asks McClintic if she agrees that during the abduction she had ample opportunity to walk away with Tori. She agrees

McClintic says she believed she wouldn't let "anything bad happen, I thought I would protect her". Thought she could stop the events.

McClintic asked if Tori needed to use the washroom. Wanted a "reason" to leave the car. Doesn't know how her mind was working.

RaffertyLFP: Derstine suggests McClintic had ample opportunity to walk away with Tori after the abduction. [via Twitter]

McClintic now says she ordered a green tee at Tim Horton's. As Derstine suggests it.

With a cowering child in the back seat, how did you come up with the idea that a tea would be just lovely?" Derstine asks.

Music doesn't make somebody suddenly decide to kidnap and murder a child. My brother was a heavy metal fan in his teenage years (Alice Cooper, Ozzie Osborne). It was all about death.

Alice Cooper and Ozzy Osbourne are FAR, FAR from anything remotely close to what Necro talks about. Sorry, but you don't know their music.

Adrian Morrow ‏
Derstine is asking McClintic why she didn't escape with Tori when Rafferty got out of the car at Tim Hortons.

Alice Cooper and Ozzy Osbourne are FAR, FAR from anything remotely close to what Necro talks about. Sorry, but you don't know their music.

I don't care to. In those days that music was considered devil music, IMO. Yes perhaps NECRO is a lot more violent but I'd like to know what the statistics are that music caused someone to murder a child.

Not very many is my bet, if any.

McClintic was told to go to Home Depot, she says. "If your story is accurate, this isn't having a happy ending, right?" Derstine says

McClintic worked fast in Home Depot. She worried Rafferty would leave without her, she never thought she would use the hammer

McClintic again says, she doesn't know how her mind was working. Derstine again suggests she was making the decisions. She disagrees.

The murder tools were put in the trunk. Derstine notes Rafferty never saw what was in there. He says "they only have her word" that he knew.

Adrian Morrow ‏
But why not just get out of the car regardless? Derstine asks. "I don't know how my mind was working," McClintic says

Adrian Morrow ‏
McClintic says she asked Tori if she needed to use the bathroom, to give her a reason to take her into the Tims and ask for help

Adrian Morrow ‏
"In my mind, I believed I was not going to let anything bad happen," McClintic says. "I thought I would protect her."

So far Derstine doesn't seem to be disputing the fact that MR was driving the car at the school or at HD.

Adrian Morrow ‏
McClintic ordered a green tea at the Tim Hortons

NECRO and Green Tea made her do it.:what::moo:

Adrian Morrow
Derstine asks McClintic why she didn't approach someone at the Home Depot while buying the hammer

Adrian Morrow ‏
"There's a cowering child in the back seat of your car, how is it you're coming up with the idea that a tea would be just lovely?" Derstine

I don't care to. In those days that music was considered devil music, IMO. Yes perhaps NECRO is a lot more violent but I'd like to know what the statistics are that music caused someone to murder a child.

Agreed, again IMO, only if one is unstable to begin with and grasping on the the silly, yes, silly lyrics, that is all they are... I went thru the Hip Hop era with both my male and female kids back in the day, (thank god it isn't so pop now).. however, we did love some it! Sean John etc...

RaffertyLFP: McClintic continues to maintain she did not know Tori before her abduction. [via Twitter]

RaffertyLFP: McClintic questioned about buying hammer and garbage bags at Home Depot. [via Twitter]

RaffertyLFP: McClintic: "In my mind I was not going to let anything bad happen. I thought I would protect her." [via Twitter]

Adrian Morrow ‏
McClintic says she was afraid Rafferty would drive away with Tori if she took too long in Home Depot

McClintic doesn't remember some of Jan 14/2012 statement. She "was on extra meds".

McClintic says she lied about the hammer purchase in January 14th statement. Said she decided to buy the hammer.

McClintic says now she only said that to get out of testifying

Necro isn't "a lot more violent", it is completely violent. Music can't make anybody do anything but one can draw certain conclusions about people who listen to certain types of music. Rap is mostly about the lyrical content, not the musical content (it barely has any). It takes a certain type of person to listen to repeated violent, murderous, torturous lyrics. That is all the defense is trying to do, shock the jury and show what type of person TLM.

So far Derstine doesn't seem to be disputing the fact that MR was driving the car at the school or at HD.

Wasn't his vehicle caught on video? He can't really dispute, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500