GUILTY IL - Megan Nichols, 15, found deceased, Fairfield, 3 July 2014 *ARREST in 2020*

Can't get this to play. What is it?

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

It's a 30 second teaser of 14 Evansville News special report featuring Kathy Jo Hutchcraft airing tomorrow night at 10.

I just don't understand why they can't find her! I check on the prayer circle every couple of days, and I just don't get it. She obviously left on her own, or there would be a lot more info. How does a teenager just disappear?

I have been following this case since it first happened. I am a "sort of" local, as I grew up in Fairfield. I've read a lot on here about Megan's dad, step-dad, and mom, and I know they have been investigated. MOO, they are not involved. Maybe one of you who is also local can tell me if her boyfriend has been cleared. The one I heard she was involved with would have known how to make her disappear. I've heard her boyfriend mentioned, as well as his dad. I've also heard rumors of pregnancy, and while I have no idea if those were true (and honestly, no one can know that without Megan telling us), I believe that could be motive.

Wiping the phone clean is not something a 15 year old girl would normally know to do. This girl was not particularly well-versed in methods of vanishing off the face of the earth. She was just a small-town teenager.

I have no personal knowledge of this, but I wish I could find out if the boyfriend and his father have been investigated and cleared. I heard there was a suspicious circumstance involving them in another incident. If you're local, you will know what I'm talking about, but I don't feel I should be specific considering I have no evidence and I don't want to drag an innocent person's name into this. But I would like to know if an investigation has been done as the only thing I heard is that because of who bf's dad is, he is "off limits".

I think at least one of them adults are lying and I don't think it's boyfriend's dad. I stand by what I seen in Nov. 2013. I think it's very suspicious and I find it very disturbing this has gone on this long.

I think at least one of them adults are lying and I don't think it's boyfriend's dad. I stand by what I seen in Nov. 2013. I think it's very suspicious and I find it very disturbing this has gone on this long.

I don't know what you saw in Nov 2013, and after rereading the posts on this forum, I can't see where you posted what you saw. That being said, I am 99.9% sure her family is not involved. Additionally, I feel 99.9% sure boyfriend and his dad are. Because of who he is, I doubt he will ever be arrested. IIRC, there was another "odd" death within their circle within the last few years. I would feel better if they were investigated and hooked up to a polygraph - just to prove they are innocent, if they are.

I've only heard nice things about her family (mom and step-dad) from people who know them. By all accounts, she was very close to them, and would not have been afraid to tell her mom what was going on in her life. She also would not have been afraid to come home had she left on her own.

Personally, I don't think she is alive - I hope I'm wrong.

Just wanting to bump this up, hoping someone will see it and break this case open. Megan is still missing - and someone has the information needed to bring her home.

http://www.wfiwradio.com/2016/02/08/headlines-for-monday-february-8-2016/

Acting on a tip from the public, Emergency Management and local law enforcement officials searched a wooded area south of Fairfield on Saturday for evidence related to the disappearance of Megan Nichols.
Assistant Police Chief Silas Eckelberry said authorities received a tip that evidence regarding Megan’s disappearance could be located in a thickly wooded area off the Burnt Prairie blacktop south of Fairfield. For over two hours, EMA officials, along with Fairfield City Police, Wayne County Sheriff’s Deputies and auxiliary police combed the area, finding no evidence of the missing teen.

I'm Megan's aunt. I have to say I'm a little shocked at how anyone can think our family is strange and covering something up. Or even the some that say no wonder she ran away. We love Megan and miss her very much. We don't even know if she truly ran away.
Please if you want to help then sign this petition and share it. It's a petition to get Megan's story national coverage. We hope that in doing so someone will see her story and know something.
Thank you for any and all help. We haven't given up.(modsnip)

"I love you Mom. I can't stay here"
I wonder if Megan signed the note she left for her mom on the day she went missing.
Was it verified to be her hand writing?

If Megan left the note then to where is she referring to when she says "here"?

- If Megan were referring to the town of Fairfield then does running away and not contacting Mom, friends, or family or anyone for 20 months because she hates Fairfield (or someone there) seem logical? She said "I love you Mom."

- If by "here" Megan meant home then what was happening at home to make her feel like she couldn't stay there any more?
And if "here" were the home then would she not just go stay with family or friends elsewhere and not drop off the map?

-Why was the note only written to Mom?

Who was Megan talking to on her FB page when she wrote "You are the devil and you are married to Satan."?...asking this because it was an independent post just days before her disappearance.

Have the people whom saw Megan last taken polygraphs?

VERIFIED PROFESSIONALS and CASE INSIDERS

We are lucky enough to have posters from all walks of life with a broad spectrum of expertise. Some hold specialized knowledge that applies to the various circumstances of the cases we discuss, and can contribute valuable insight and information. We welcome their participation.

To ensure that anyone posting as a "professional" in a specific field truly is what/who they claim to be, WS employs a verification process.

The verification process also applies to "case insiders". Relatives, friends, and others personally acquainted with a victim or suspect; or a professional working on behalf of a victim or the family, i.e., a private investigator, can submit a request to be verified as a "case insider".

If you would like to become verified, please contact the site owner at wsverify@gmail.com with your Websleuths name, your real name, the case, a telephone number, and the times when you can be reached.

If you are a "professional" or "case insider", but would prefer not to be verified, please understand that you will be required to follow the general rules for posting, and back up your statements with links to appropriate sources.

More information on how to submit a request, and the information required, can be found at this link:

Verification Process for Professionals and Insiders

Who was Megan talking to on her FB page when she wrote "You are the devil and you are married to Satan."?...asking this because it was an independent post just days before her disappearance.

Where did you get this information? This was never a post on Megan's page?

Where did you get this information? This was never a post on Megan's page?

https://www.facebook.com/megan.paige.108

Taking a second look it was May 23 2013 @ 4:22pm.
It was the year before and probably irrelevant. Looks as though she's just joking with her cousin or someone.

Your idea to start the petition and get this case national attention is a great idea and I applaud your effort.
IMO when that attention comes everyone should be prepared to answer tough questions and face scrutiny.
You could probably post the link on the Facebook page and just refer to it here with a link to the FB and not the actual petition.

I believe if enough tough questions are asked by the right people to the right people then this mystery will at some point come to an end and Megan will be located.

Thanks for caring like you do....and not everyone thinks ill thoughts about your family.
I'm sure most people wish all of you the best.

Like you, others want answers and they're willing to look for them no matter what road that may lead to..as I'm sure you are.
It's been a long, long time since Megan disappeared. Maybe it's time to start at the beginning.

https://www.facebook.com/megan.paige.108

Taking a second look it was May 23 2013 @ 4:22pm.
It was the year before and probably irrelevant. Looks as though she's just joking with her cousin or someone.

She was joking around with a friend of hers. Megan is a goof ball and she loves movies. She would quote movie lines and friends would quote them back to her.
She is a funny girl and would do anything for a laugh.

I can't take credit for starting the petition. A friend of my sister did that, but we think it's a great idea.
As far as being ready for hard questions, we welcome them. Our emotions are raw already. So if being asked questions that are uncomfortable and such means we can find Megan, then yes we are ready.
The Facebook group for Megan has the petition posted to sign. You can find it by searching Prayer Circle For Megan Nichols.

We appreciate everyone's help in searching and sharing the info.

Megan Nichols is my daughter. Please continue to pray for her safe return home. We are trying to get national coverage on her story in hopes of finding her.
(modsnip)

Megan Nichols is my daughter. Please continue to pray for her safe return home. We are trying to get national coverage on her story in hopes of finding her.
(modsnip)

You guys can get verified here and discuss Megan's case in detail after the moderators approve it.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...n-Process-for-Professional-or-Insider-Posters

That could really help in locating her. There are many people here with resources to help but you have to prove to the sight owners who you are in order to post as Mom or Aunt..etc

http://www.wfiwradio.com/2016/02/08/headlines-for-monday-february-8-2016/

Acting on a tip from the public, Emergency Management and local law enforcement officials searched a wooded area south of Fairfield on Saturday for evidence related to the disappearance of Megan Nichols.
Assistant Police Chief Silas Eckelberry said authorities received a tip that evidence regarding Megan’s disappearance could be located in a thickly wooded area off the Burnt Prairie blacktop south of Fairfield. For over two hours, EMA officials, along with Fairfield City Police, Wayne County Sheriff’s Deputies and auxiliary police combed the area, finding no evidence of the missing teen.

I wonder if LE has a list of POIs in this case.

I just don't understand why they can't find her! I check on the prayer circle every couple of days, and I just don't get it. She obviously left on her own, or there would be a lot more info. How does a teenager just disappear?

At first glance it may seem as though she left. But I believe the mothers words from the interview and trust her intuition. Something is way off here imo.
Leaving the phone, wiping it clean, and taking money (if that's true) seem to me to be contradictory actions.
It's as if Megan were instructed on what to do or someone did these things on her behalf or someone did these things to make it look like she ran away.

In my opinion this is an abduction. I don't believe that Megan could or would try to dupe her entire community of friends and family and even if she did try, then to successfully do so for this length of time without a word would be extraordinary.

Hopefully (since nothing else has panned out as far as sightings and tips) LE will look at the case from another angle and continue the investigation.
It's hard to believe that she would have met someone (a stranger) and decided to go away with them without leaving so much as a breadcrumb of information behind with a best friend..so I'm not buying any of that.
I think the search needs to resume much closer to home..not necessarily at home but within the community..jmo

And I can't imagine anyone being "off limits" in the search of a missing child.

As Always JMO

She was joking around with a friend of hers. Megan is a goof ball and she loves movies. She would quote movie lines and friends would quote them back to her.
She is a funny girl and would do anything for a laugh.

So a note left behind stating "i just can't be happy here" seems contradictory..more than that maybe ..seems like an outright
lie..something Megan wouldn't do..lie..hurt someone she loves..that would be out of character for a normal happy teen..unless..they were in character?
...more than one note means one was added to the equation..added as a message..a message..an insult maybe..a slap in the face..to someone from someone but not Megan..a personal message..an "im better than you" type of message..maybe
hmmm..in character..out of character
.out of character behavior..confusing messages..non-productive interviews..more questions than answers..out of character actions from a seemingly happy normal teen...or in character actions from a character in a skit..playing a role..maybe not seeing the ruuuuse she was part of?
Not seeing because not suspecting...total trust..high comfort level..familiarity..an established relationship.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back