IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was speculated that the homes searched belong to RSOs, but not reported as such or confirmed.

Personally, I think the motive for this crime was sexual assault so I believe there is a high likelihood that DNA was left behind. I'm just not so sure it matches anyone in the database. I think LE has a DNA sample that they can't match, but that's just my opinion.

You may very well be correct. If you're right then we can assume that there will be no search warrants executed at the homes of RSO's ( regardless of whether they have done this in the past ) because they will already be cleared by DNA evidence. Even without a match dna at leasts narrows the field, even if only by a little bit. Makes me wonder if LE will resort to asking all men in Delphi to voluntarily submit a sample.

I think there are some features that might not be available to you as a new member yet - until you have a certain # of posts.

I tried to remove my comment and it would not allow for delete. I edited them down but it obviously did not work. This site is complicated. I am old. Sorry If mods want to remove for me. Great. I can not even figure out how to message anyone until they message me.

So it appears there is much more footage and audio on the phone that was recovered. However, they only released a portion in order to preserve the investigation ?

It seems to me he must've scared them in some way before he attacked. Maybe his body language. In the still, his foot is raised in a manner that suggests to me that he was walking super fast. Anyone agree? I have a feeling he began approaching the girls quickly and it spooked them so one began filming. But he caught up and likely had a weapon he used to control them.

This is terrible. I wish they had run. It's important to teach our kids that they have a better chance of survival running away than complying. Even when the person has a gun. Don't let yourself ever be moved, transported or tied.

I think the man was not known to them otherwise he would not have been trailing them or have been alarming to them if they saw him approaching.

Here you will see the cemetery (area with spotlights and searchers). There is a path that leads from the back of the cemetery down to the bridge and area circled where the girls were found. Makes sense since they said they were found on private property. There was a sign on that path that said "no trespassing, private property). The searchers confirmed they were found on the Northside of the bridge, 50 yards from the water. Hope this helps.
bb2827a683ad50c4ef794886124cc108.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for this map and the pictures. Here's my question: to get from the cemetery to the location of the bodies, would one have to walk "down the hill"? My gut is that the recording wasn't from when they were immediately grabbed. I also think they were creeped out by him on the bridge and got the video of him but they weren't grabbed by him until after they returned to the north side. I don't think he'd risk being vulnerable in the open creekbed with the two girls.

They can only match DNA if it is already in the database..maybe they could get lucky and get a hit on a relative that has been arrested and gave a sample.

Or someone who has signed up for ancestry.com

So it appears there is much more footage and audio on the phone that was recovered. However, they only released a portion in order to preserve the investigation ?

It seems to me he must've scared them in some way before he attacked. Maybe his body language. In the still, his foot is raised in a manner that suggests to me that he was walking super fast. Anyone agree? I have a feeling he began approaching the girls quickly and it spooked them so one began filming. But he caught up and likely had a weapon he used to control them.

This is terrible. I wish they had run. It's important to teach our kids that they have a better chance of survival running away than complying. Even when the person has a gun. Don't let yourself ever be moved, transported or tied.

I think the man was not known to them otherwise he would not have been trailing them or have been alarming to them if they saw him approaching.
Good post.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads