2011.05.12 Jury Selection Day FOUR (Afternoon Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LDB: what newspaper did you gain that info from?

St. Petersburg times.

LDB: any others?

Orlando Sentinal

LDB: are they delivered to your residence?

When I lived in Polk co. Probably around 2008, maybe 2009.

LDB: did you live in Orlando since 2008? Closest polk co?

just visting.

LDB: where you were visiting do they only get local or Orlando news?

I don't know, Orlando.

LDB: do you believe you got info from local orlando tv stations?

(?)

LDB: the orlando sentinal?

not for that, mostly for orlando magic informaton.

LDB: do you know what blogging is?

yes

LDB: have you blogged?

no

LDB: have you read the blogs of news papers?

no

LDB: have you read the blogs of any other person or organization that discusses this case?

no

LDB: the details you related do you think they came from the newspaper or a show such as NG?

either the news paper or local tv news. St. pete, tampa.

LDB: last time you had exposure about the case through the media.

This last weekend when we heard jury selection would be moved to Orange co.

LDB: what was that?

the fact that there might be...jury selection might be moved to this county.

LDB: were details related during those broadcasts?

No, not other than what kind of case this was and who the principals were.

LDB: so the bulk of you information came in 2008 from a bulk of sources.

yes.

LDB: do you understand that on NG, those are the opinions of people?

yes ma'am I do

LDB: have you been able to look at the paperwork, other the internet or...?

no.

LDB: you have been exposed to the interpretations of media in cable news.

yes ma'am correct.

LDB: you have told this court that without question you can set aside the opinions related through these sources and base it on only the testimony and evidence in this case...do you believe you can set aside the opinions of the guest of NG...

yes I believe i would/could.

HHJP: the judge introduced us and asked if you knew us or recognized any of us from tv.

(long pause) no.

LDB: I take it you have not seen mr. baez or mr mason on tv speaking about the case.

not since now.

LDB: how about before you were called?

I don't think so, I don't think I would remember who they were.

LDB: have you seen 48 hours devoted to the analysis of the case against Casey Anthony?

no.

LDB: morning news, good morning america...

first few minutes then off to work.

LDB: have you seen any of these people involved in the case speaking on these shows.

Have not watched anything since monday.

LDB: we are interested in also prior to monday.

a clip would come on with an update...over in orlando and here is some evidentuary...but I don't remember what it was about.

LDB: did you actually sit and watch the hearings or someone else's interpretation?

it was on the six oclock news. how I get most info

Okay totally different attitude with ICA today, they must have given her some really strong drugs today! Why cry in front of the entire PJ panel then when they narrow it down to individuals you act stone cold in front of them while they are discussing photographs of your child's remains. Should be very telling to the PJs.

Possibly tired, but I think they've given her something to calm her down. She's very different today.

Yes, she is very different today. Everytime, she blinks her eye, it looks as if she is about to knock out and start snoring.

Maybe it is not so great being a star now since they can put you to death.

Do we really need to go through all this when we're all pretty sure this guy will be stricken?

almost looks like JB AND CM, were let down when the juror didn't recognize anyone in the room doing a TV show, Ole Mason's brow jumped like whaaaat?...
Are they hoping the juror would have said yes, so they could dismiss him?

If he comments on C A's various hairstyle changes over the past years - he knows to much!

knows that GA and CA are grandparents of deceased from news - saw them speak on the case - CA mother's day heard she tried to vist ICA and she was refused from local news

The ears are wiggling at the discussion of not seeing her mother last weekend.

Did I hear the Judge say there would be NO court tomorrow? I was trying to follow along on In Session but my phone kept ringing. :banghead:

Thanks!

Okay. My hands have cramped up.

LDB: is asking if pot juror is familiar with George and Cindy

last time I saw CA was mothers day.

LDB: what did you see?

heard she had tried to visit her daughter in orlando, i believe the reporter said Casey did not want to see her mother.

LDB: what was the source of the info?

local news station

LDB: did you form an opinion on guilt or innocence on this case?

no.

LDB: can you disregard that info?

yes

LDB: nothing further.

IMO, it would be impossible to find a juror in the state of FL who has never heard of this case unless they lived in a cave.
It doesn't really matter if the jurors are familiar with the case or not. What does matter is if they can be objective, pay attention to the evidence and be able to deliberate intelligently and fairly.
moo

Do we really need to go through all this when we're all pretty sure this guy will be stricken?

Those are my thoughts as well. I hope the DT stands up and motions to strike this guy. It's a waste of time to continue this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member