FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not throwing in the towel yet - Somer may have a few hiding spots and maybe has just found a new one but it is getting late now and the temperature is dipping.

Really? where do you store like christmas deco and stuff? i thought all homes had attics? i learn something new on WS everyday!!

Only the very old homes in Oregon have attics, generally. I don't remember anyone having one when I lived in California.

I cannot add anything not already said, and stated eloquently - but this epidemic of missing children in Florida really upsets me. I lived in Orlando for over 21 years, and have very special memories there. I pray she is found very soon safe and sound!

http://www.news4jax.com/video/21344324/index.html another reporter from this same video states that as he drives around the area he sees tons of people out with flashlights searching on their own ('multiple command posts') is what he called it. I am so very glad to see everyone local out there doing their part to bring Somer home!

I keep thinking of my 7 yr old DD and I just don't see this little girl hiding out. I'm holding out hope in my heart, but my gut and mind are telling me this one is not going to end well. :-(

I dunno.......a 7 year old being mad or angry and taking off just doesn't seem like it would last this long as to hiding out because of being upset. Hungry, thirsty, wanting to go home, wanting to see Mom, etc.

But then, I have now clue as to her home life.......

But 7 years old is sooooo young......

sooo sad, It breaks my heart to know another child is missing. I have a 7 yr old daughter of my own and simply cannot imagine her being out of my sight for 7 hours :(

I pray she is found safe, soon!

If Somer is at a friend's house, wouldn't the parents possibly suspect something was up? I would think her little friend would not be able to keep that kind of secret. My daughter will be 7 in two months. She can't keep a secret at all. She tries to lie but it's so obvious she's lying. If she had a friend over that she was hiding, she would be giggling like crazy and running to with her friend.

I have 2- 7 yo GD's....I can't imagine either one of them hiding for 10 minutes much less this long.

I am going to try to get some sleep. I hope when I check back in little Somer is home asleep in her bed.
Prayers for Somers safety.
G"nite all.

There are attics in Florida.... no basements but there are definitely attics in some homes. My best friend lives in the Orlando area in a home that is probably 5 yrs old & have an attic.

However, I don't think she's in an attic.

It's so sickening to see that there are so many sex offenders in the state! That just blows my mind!

florida houses don't have attics or basements. you can climb up in the celing but u need a ladder.

Yep. My house has an attic, but you gotta pull down a heavy staircase from the ceiling. A child this age wouldn't be able to do it. I can barely do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard