FL - Abraham Shakespeare, 42, lottery winner, Polk County, 7 April 2009 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Body Found in Search for Missing Lottery Winner Shakespeare
Sheriff: "Presumption is" remains in Plant City are Abraham Shakespeare's.

(snipped) Rusty Franklin, a Bartow lawyer who has represented Moore for several weeks, said Thursday night that he no longer represents Moore.

"After careful consideration of my ethical obligation and for reasons that may be disclosed in the future, DeeDee Moore and I have mutually agreed that I will no longer represent her," Franklin said.

http://www.theledger.com/article/20...dy-Found-in-Search-for-Missing-Lottery-Winner

A few classics from Deedee

But you're really not interested in finding him because the newspaper only gave you one lead and that's me. I'm not saying your not great at investigating but they don't list half the people involved which is amazing to me. Your only working with what you got so I can't blame you either. So, Thank GOD for the Sheriff's Department and I will pray for all of you.

Sorry for snipping you SuziQ, I found this portion of this post pretty telling. First she says she's the only lead. Then she goes onto say that "half the people involved aren't listed". I'm paraphrasing her comment but seriously, why didn't she just hang a sign on herself that said "Guilty".

Another thing that bugs me is her spelling of the word "your". She seemed to hold herself in such high regard, she could have spelled things correctly. Should be "you're". I know I'm nit picking at things, but it's the only way I know to keep from saying a lot of really nasty things.

I sure feel better that SHE'S praying for all of us.

RIP Abraham, I wish I could have known you. Prayers for Abraham's family.

Now we have the answer to a question we have asked many times on these threads: Who is Abraham's Power of Attorney? From the Ledger:
Court documents showed Lakeland resident Judith Haggins has power of attorney for Shakespeare, but she was not present at the hearing

So, she's not in jail yet?? I was hoping for some good news this morning out of all of this.

BTW, you forgot the post about LE spraying luminol on her white leather couch, one of my favorites that show how self centered she really is. One can only assume that the couch was probably Abrahams to begin with. She needs to be right there next to the other loser, Casey at the grey bar motel.

Older article http://www.theledger.com/article/20091205/NEWS/912055047/0/news?p=1&tc=pg

For anyone who might want to read. Lots of DM information.

(snip) She said sheriff's detectives have searched her North Lakeland house, the one where Shakespeare used to live, combed through her Hummer, given her a lie-detector test and questioned her for hours. Those searches included checking the house and car for signs of blood or body fluids, she said.

Did we ever hear results from the lie detector test?

http://www.theledger.com/article/20100128/NEWS/1285066/1410?Title=Judd-DeeDee-Moore-Offered-Money-for-Lies-About-Shakespeare

LAKELAND | When Sheriff Grady Judd named Dorice "DeeDee" Moore as a person of interest in the disappearance of Abraham Shakespeare earlier this month, he said Moore offered money to people to say they had seen the missing Florida Lottery winner. more.........

unbelievable, what DeeDee did to this woman:furious: I hope she sues after DD is convicted and get's the house, the money, everything for Abrahams son.

Maybe they haven't arrested her yet because they are giving her the chance to save the taxpayers some money for a trial by letting her impose her own death penalty. Wonder if she is suicidal yet at the thought of going to prison and the damage to her reputation that she said she was so proud of and worked so hard to build. Right.
Deedee, with all the other people involved in this who I am sure do not want you to talk and with the lengths your group would go to in their desparate efforts to retain the money, save what little reputation they have left, and stay out of jail, I do believe you would be safer at this point to turn yourself into the police and start talking and sharing the blame BEFORE one of them get the idea to help you disappear the way you helped Abraham disappear. You are the weakest link. If I were you, I would be very afraid one of your "friends" might make it look like you had an accident or that you killed yourself to protect themselves rather than let you go to the police and start sharing what you know. I do not believe you are safe and I think you should turn yourself in now and tell the truth.

Judith Haggans is Abrahams Power of Attorney. In a November 2003 Lakeland Housing Authority Article, they wrote that Judith Haggans had accepted a temporary position with the section 8 division of the Lakeland Housing Authority.
http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...pdf+"Judith+Haggins"&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
This link has a picture of Judith Haggins:
http://www.lakelandhousing.org/HOPEVI/Newsletters/2003/November 2003.pdf
There is another article that says she is a single mother with 2 kids living with her.
http://www.lakelandhousing.org/HOPEVI/Newsletters/2003/February 2003.pdf
Go to pages 6 and 7.
There is a Lakeland High School picture of a Judith Haggins from 1979 here:
http://www.1979lhs.com/class_profile_empty.cfm?member_id=143563

OMG! I can't believe all this as has been going on here and I just now stumbled upon it.

You guy and gals are GREAT!!!

My 'home' forum has a small thread on Abraham. This case is local to me so I'm very much interested.

Wow, just WOW! I've been skimming back through all the old threads and see someone from LE has been here, along with Dee-Dee.

There is post by the LE member that mentions 'concrete' as in proof. A sign of what was to come?

Awesome job, FLAB'S!!!:dance:

RIP Mr. Shakespeare-it hardly seems fair to have things end this way when things had looked so good for you...

Money...I mean, it was all about MONEY??? I know how silly I sound, but Good Lord...I hope it was worth it to her.

Body Found in Search for Missing Lottery Winner Shakespeare
Sheriff: "Presumption is" remains in Plant City are Abraham Shakespeare's.

(snipped) Rusty Franklin, a Bartow lawyer who has represented Moore for several weeks, said Thursday night that he no longer represents Moore.

"After careful consideration of my ethical obligation and for reasons that may be disclosed in the future, DeeDee Moore and I have mutually agreed that I will no longer represent her," Franklin said.

http://www.theledger.com/article/20...dy-Found-in-Search-for-Missing-Lottery-Winner

Just bringing this forward to point out an important admission in R. Franklin's quote above: "for reasons that may be disclosed in the future".

Just bringing this forward to point out an important admission in R. Franklin's quote above: "for reasons that may be disclosed in the future".

That's a pretty curious statement, isn't it?

Can't wait to hear what he's referring to.

So sad! I knew this would be the outcome but still... gah!

You guys sleuthing on this forum rock, man! You got the goods! I am sure all of your hard work participated in finding Abraham. Good job!

RIP Abraham. My sympathy to his family and friends. Great work sleuthers!
Payback is a *****, DD.

I wonder if the reasons that might be disclosed in the future is if some high profile lawyer who wants the national attention this case has drawn has stepped up to the plate. I can easily see that happening. Deedee, I know you said you aren't an OJ Simpson, but I do see the similarities. You also said you weren't a turtle who was going to go hide in your shell but haven't seen your head popped out of it lately. What are you doing now, Deedee? Are you trying to get the best defense Abraham Shakespeare's money can buy? That is wrong on so many levels.

Sorry about that. I posted and then the page froze. Come back and multiple postings. All gone now.
I can't get on the Polk County Sheriff's site. Maybe because of too much traffic? I keep trying but it keeps redirecting me to an error page. Trying to see who is being arrested today.

I do my best to take the high road. Don't always do so but I try.

The email I sent to D. Moore last night was certainly not the high road but damn people, it felt so good.

The lie detector test. You know if she would have passed it she would have been yelling about it from the rooftops.

I am hoping that we will be told all the things that have been held back for so long. Nothing that would harm Moore's trial mind you, just some tidbits that we would want to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard