ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't listened to any interviews from any of the people involved, only read transcripts or articles. Something still feels off. Dad and paternal gmom are speaking now, a lot. But i get more of a relieved vibe coming from them. I can't explain it. And they seem to be discussing what has happened to them instead of pleading for Ayla. That could be because that is what the media is asking them or how the media is editing the interviews.

:cow:

Nothing in that new article gives any new clues about how this child went missing.

And in my experience, everyone who is under suspicion always uses that line that they are "cooperating fully."

It sounds as if this was an opportunity to drum up support and sympathy for the father, since they know LE now has all the evidence about who was in the house that night. :twocents:

Nothing in that new article gives any new clues about how this child went missing.

And in my experience, everyone who is under suspicion always uses that line that they are "cooperating fully."

It sounds as if this was an opportunity to drum up support and sympathy for the father, since they know LE now has all the evidence about who was in the house that night. :twocents:

I agree with you.

I am not swayed by JD using the media to show what a great dad he was. He has had plenty of time to learn to use the right words, the right phrases, but there is still something off. It doesn't matter that he smiles when he talks about Ayla, because when you look at the possibility of a prison term it becomes easier to smile on cue. Not surprising that his family backs him up....that is family....remember CMA.
I don't believe that TR had anything to do with Ayla's "disappearance", and it would only put her in a negative position for future custodial rullings.
Ayla was in her grandmother's house, under the care of her father, and he holds the answers to what happened, when, and how.

IMHO

Anxious to know if Justin and his moms interviews have swayed anyone away from him?

--personally, no.

--he's working now--w/ the laura recovery team etc. making up buttons! t-shirts!--"i want her face on every corner in america!"

--yeah yeah, blah di blah-----and where was this action 3 weeks ago justin?

--too liitle, too late for me ( to jump in w/ the father-of-the-year card.)

My opinion, maybe I should say my feelings since there is hardly enough known to form an actual opinion, remain the same after reading the statements of JD and his mother. I think JD reveals his priorities in what he says, and the focus is still on defending and deflecting. His statements confuse me. First, he had no idea what happened. Then he seems to suggest that someone had taken Ayla on the mistaken assumption that they were protecting her. Now he wants to take the search nationwide with flyers and posters. What he said about his interrogations by LE make me think that LE is on the right track. All MOO. At least we now know that there is a downstairs area.

Anxious to know if Justin and his moms interviews have swayed anyone away from him?

I've always felt from the very start that he is not guilty of causing any harm to Ayla, nor any form of partaking in her disappearance.

I haven't listened to any interviews from any of the people involved, only read transcripts or articles. Something still feels off. Dad and paternal gmom are speaking now, a lot. But i get more of a relieved vibe coming from them. I can't explain it. And they seem to be discussing what has happened to them instead of pleading for Ayla. That could be because that is what the media is asking them or how the media is editing the interviews.

Or they know good solid inside information from the police that we do not know.

I don't want to attack any poster, but I would like to make a statement. In working with many families of missing, I am hoping that some will take this to heart: Sorry for such a long post.

Do you really think at the onset of having your child, whom you love, abducted from your home... and the media and public are crucifying you...calling you a child abuser, and insinuating that you murdered your child...and foremost the absolute terrifying fear of not knowing where your child is ....that you would be sitting around making buttons??? Let's not forget the first 3-5 days he was being interrogated by police, multiple agencies..multiple interrogations...and all with the hopes that while he is undergoing these interrogations that any moment someone will come through the door with your baby...yet, it amazes me that the public expects that he is to be on NG and every morning talk show? Trista has the opportunity to do that as she was not at the scene and not at the house and we all know the media was widespread. Justin's main priority was/is in working with PD to have and provide whatever is necessary. Now that days have gone by, and he has said himself 'he sees the media has gone away"...and with the support of the LRC, he now has composure to do media interviews.

The public has far too many expectations from those who are terrified and in grief and fear. Don't you think they know the statistics? These people shift from hope to terrifying fears to hope to fears. Do you know what that does to a human body with endorphins running amuck?

If you had a loved one pass away suddenly by a tragic car accident, are you going to go straight to your computer and start designing their memorial card for the funeral? (buttons) Are you going to call the newspaper and give their obituary? (interviews) No. Why not? Because you are grieving and someone else steps forward to help the family. This is no different...fact is, this is even harder as you add the public scrutiny on top of all the PD interrogations and it amazes me that ANY parent is able to come out and talk after a few weeks...let alone days. A parent crying on television is not going to find their child. There is enough sensationalism behind the horror of placing a child to bed only to have him/her missing by morning that it is enough to draw the public to their televisions. Fact is...many people cannot handle seeing another traumatized and may even tune out. I can tell you my husband immediately changes the channels when someone is crying out for a missing loved one, or a crime committed against their loved one, or a soldiers family that has just learned their loved one died overseas. Somewhere in all this folks need to try not to be so "finger-pointing" and as an alternative...sleuthing about hypothetical. But to diagnose someones actions as if they are guilty or innocent is unfair.

My opinion, maybe I should say my feelings since there is hardly enough known to form an actual opinion, remain the same after reading the statements of JD and his mother. I think JD reveals his priorities in what he says, and the focus is still on defending and deflecting. His statements confuse me. First, he had no idea what happened. Then he seems to suggest that someone had taken Ayla on the mistaken assumption that they were protecting her. Now he wants to take the search nationwide with flyers and posters. What he said about his interrogations by LE make me think that LE is on the right track. All MOO. At least we now know that there is a downstairs area.

The stairs that everyone keeps referencing was pointed out in the post regarding "how the broken arm" occurred. From JD's explanation the side door of the home leads in to a basic "landing" I am going to say from the layout that one can continue forward and go straight to a basement or turn to the right and go up a few stairs to the kitchen. It was those "few stairs" that he slipped from wet shoes carrying Ayla and the bags of groceries.

I may have missed some of his media appearances... Has he explained how it came about that TR says that Ayla wasn't taken into the ER for 24 hours after she broke her arm?

Never mind, I found it...
http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/i-fell-on-herfather-says_2012-01-06.html

So, his mother was home too and none of them had the common sense to have her checked when a big man fell on her on the stairs, and they wouldn't take her to ER because they didn't realize anything was wrong, and because Justin had paid for driving lessons.

Lots of stuff here and Marc Klass isn't buying it (CNN video). Apparently there is a video of Phoebe in her first television interview but I haven't found it yet.

Investigators have said there were several adults in the DiPietro home that night, including DiPietro and her 24-year-old son. Police won't identify the others, nor reveal much else.

Neither will Phoebe DiPietro. She says detectives have asked her and her son not to divulge details of what happened that night to avoid possibly hindering the investigation.

"I can tell you there was not a party here at the house. Just beyond that, I can't answer any questions." She says her son put Ayla to bed every night.

DiPietro says it was her son Justin (Ayla's father) who told her Ayla was missing. She would not say what time, where she was when she heard or elaborate.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/07/justice/maine-missing-girl/index.html

snipped from : http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/dipietro-family-kept-out-of-homefor-two-weeks_2012-01-06.html

"I walked out of my house to go down to the station to give statements, and all of a sudden we were homeless on top of everything else," recalled Phoebe DiPietro, the 21-month-old child's grandmother.

JMO ... but this statement from Ayla's GM stood out to me like a "red flag" !

HOMELESS ? You have got to be kidding, right ?

She has absolutely NO IDEA what it is like to be TRULY "homeless" ...

Good Grief ... they were temporarily "inconvenienced" while the home was "investigated" in order to help FIND THE MISSING CHILD !

WHAT is more important: a "temporary inconvenience" or your "comforts" when you have a child MISSING ?

JMO ... but it seemed that GM was MORE concerned about HER "comforts" and NOT being "inconvenienced" than finding the missing child ...

And one other thing I wish the reporter would have asked Ayla's GM :

DEFINE "on top of everything else" ... :waitasec:

Unbelievable ...

MOO MOO and MOO !!!

I wonder if anyone smokes? I suppose if someone or several people were opening and closing the door to go outside to smoke (assuming they would smoke outside the home), then the others would tune out the sound of a door opening and closing and continue sleeping. JMO

I would agree that Phoebe's use of the word "homeless" was probably not the best way to explain how she felt about this. Didn't she allow the police to search and sign over the necessary papers for this? Anyway, I hope the focus will be on Ayla and that she will be found soon. I hope with the extra exposure, that someone will start talking based on what they know and allow this little girl to live her life normally. JMO

OK so now I have to wonder where grandma was when Justin told her Ayla was missing. I'm going to assume that she was NOT at home based on the article. JMO

I personally get the feeling that the paternal side is acting under the guidance of LE. When they talk, what they talk about, all of it. It's just a feeling though, not a fact.

BBM: I totally agree ... JMO, but I am "not buying it" ... :waitasec: and this statement that we are "fully cooperating" -- sounds like a "broken record" ...

Wishful thinking here ... but I sure wish LE would tell the public "something" -- "anything" about the "evidence" ...

I know it takes a while for the results to come back from the lab ... but still would like to know "something" ...

MOO ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members