Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #5 ***ARRESTS***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Concerning Clint's description of the abductor, I hate to say I don't put a heap of stock in its specificity. Anyone dressed head to toe in camo gear looks 200 or more pounds. And since he only saw the perp from a distance, the height estimate might be askew.

From News Channel 5 :

Holly Bobo Suspect [Zach Adams] Charged In Jail Altercation

A report from the Chester County Sheriff's Office said Zachary Adams was being moved to a specialized jail cell on June 13 after he made suicidal comments, "specifically to throw himself from the highest point to which he could climb in his cell."

The report said Adams hit two corrections officers and tried to trip another jailer as they tried to restrain him. Adams was carried to the cell, where he was to be monitored to prevent him from injuring himself.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/25905053/holly-bobo-suspect-charged-in-jail-altercation

Thanks. I was wondering if we were going to get more specifics.

This is JMO and in no way am I a sympathiser for him if he did the alleged crimes, however,

Sometimes there is much more to these types of incidents that we never hear about. Im not saying it happened in this case but let me give a hypothetical example. Notice the words "carried to the cell" above as you read on.

Lets assume as the guards went in to take him to the new location that instead of being polite and just explaining to him that they do need to move him to a new spot for his safety only and explain that he can return at some point once doctors agree its safe to return.....Well instead of that , lets assume they just bum-rushed him with no explanation and were very rough and mean with him as they ganged up on him to "drag" him away by his feet.
If something like that happened, a persons reaction may be to fight what is going on because he may have mistakenly thought they were there to beat him up or something.

Again, not saying this happened here, but ive seen so many incidents like this on video that I have to question the circumstances surrounding how they actually tried to get him. Sure would be nice to see the video of the incident to see what went down.

The news tends to make it sound like he was not provoked and he just attacked them. Sometimes that is not always the case. Again, we dont know what happened yet, but just wanted to share my thoughts.

I finally have caught up on posts and wanted to thank SteveS for the information on hearsay - particularly the decision wording. Very helpful.

As to the charges of destroying evidence, I had a thought: since we are likely talking about a video clip rather than a VHS tape or DVD, it is entirely possible (and likely in my view) that more than one copy existed. If so, then it's physically possible that LE has a copy of the video clip but that the Pearcy's also destroyed one of the copies shared among the monsters for their sick entertainment. And/or that they failed to report its existence.

I remember hearing on the news when they announced charges against the Pearcys that LE did NOT have a copy of the video. And that puzzled me. It's possible that report was incorrect

Having said that, I have no idea if you can charge someone for destroying evidence if they destroy one of multiple copies of a video clip. Not sure if there is any case law that speaks to that possibility. It would still be true that they destroyed evidence, it just wouldn't be the only instance of that evidence. Does anyone have thoughts about that scenario?

Thanks,

Concerning Clint's description of the abductor, I hate to say I don't put a heap of stock in its specificity. Anyone dressed head to toe in camo gear looks 200 or more pounds. And since he only saw the perp from a distance, the height estimate might be askew.

You're right, but you also know how much fun a defense attorney will have pointing out all the inconsistencies. If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit.

It just takes one juror to ruin the trial.

Not to go off topic here, but just saw this on NC5:

IMO, the issue of "meth" seems to be pertinent to this case :banghead:

Anti-Meth Law Among Those Taking Effect July 1

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - A law limiting the purchase of cold and allergy medicines used to make illegal methamphetamine is among those taking effect Tuesday, as are statutes that require more disclosure from the Tennessee Department of Children's Services and allow use of the electric chair to execute death row inmates.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/25903002/anti-meth-law-among-those-taking-effect-july-1

From NC5:

Chris Conte @chrisconte · 50m

#HollyBobo suspect Jeff Pearcy appearing in court today.

Expecting state will issue continuance on charges. Possibly due to lack of evidence.

https://twitter.com/chrisconte

Not to go off topic here, but just saw this on NC5:

IMO, the issue of "meth" seems to be pertinent to this case :banghead:

Anti-Meth Law Among Those Taking Effect July 1

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - A law limiting the purchase of cold and allergy medicines used to make illegal methamphetamine is among those taking effect Tuesday, as are statutes that require more disclosure from the Tennessee Department of Children's Services and allow use of the electric chair to execute death row inmates.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/25903002/anti-meth-law-among-those-taking-effect-july-1

Don't read too much into that. It's only an update to the existing law, which has limited purchases of these items for several years. And it's a complete waste of time, because I just read a report stating that meth production is not down in Tennessee at all. All they are doing is making life miserable for law-abiding citizens.

Thanks. I was wondering if we were going to get more specifics.

This is JMO and in no way am I a sympathiser for him if he did the alleged crimes, however,

Sometimes there is much more to these types of incidents that we never hear about. Im not saying it happened in this case but let me give a hypothetical example. Notice the words "carried to the cell" above as you read on.

Lets assume as the guards went in to take him to the new location that instead of being polite and just explaining to him that they do need to move him to a new spot for his safety only and explain that he can return at some point once doctors agree its safe to return.....Well instead of that , lets assume they just bum-rushed him with no explanation and were very rough and mean with him as they ganged up on him to "drag" him away by his feet.
If something like that happened, a persons reaction may be to fight what is going on because he may have mistakenly thought they were there to beat him up or something.

Again, not saying this happened here, but ive seen so many incidents like this on video that I have to question the circumstances surrounding how they actually tried to get him. Sure would be nice to see the video of the incident to see what went down.

The news tends to make it sound like he was not provoked and he just attacked them. Sometimes that is not always the case. Again, we dont know what happened yet, but just wanted to share my thoughts.

Thinking about what you wrote .... wouldn't you think in such a high-profile case as this, and considering all the $$ that must have been spend-to-date by LE.... you would think they would have ZA constantly monitored and recorded by CCTV!?

If something should happen to ZA, what a mess as far as leaving so many unanswered questions. While we may never know what really happened, it's important this case goes to trial.

Don't read too much into that. It's only an update to the existing law, which has limited purchases of these items for several years. And it's a complete waste of time, because I just read a report stating that meth production is not down in Tennessee at all. All they are doing is making life miserable for law-abiding citizens.

:seeya: Yes, good points ... and I agree that life should NOT be miserable for law-abiding citizens ...

:moo:

Good grief! They sure waste a LOT of time!

All those peeps could be doing something else, productive rather than waiting, waiting, waiting.

:banghead:
fran

LOL, what is that guy doing in front of the camera? :D

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Now who is that clowning around with the cameras ? Is that Chris ?

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

:seeya:

Now NC5 is saying: "Live stream is unavailable."

And nothing on Chris Conte's Twitter ...

:scared: I wonder what happened ?

From NC5:

Court Hearing For Suspect Charged In Bobo's Disappearance

[Updated: Jul 01, 2014 1:04 PM CDT]

HENDERSON COUNTY, Tenn. - One of two new suspects charged in connection with the disappearance of nursing student Holly Bobo arrived at court Tuesday afternoon.

Jeffrey Kurt Pearcy has been charged with tampering with evidence and accessory after the fact. He arrived shortly before a 1 p.m. preliminary hearing in Henderson County General Session Court.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/25914792/court-hearing-for-suspect-charged-in-bobos-disappearance

I've seen two tweets saying the State was going to ask for a continuance today. In the chat on Court Chatter link someone suggested they took the video down while other people were going before the judge. Don't have a clue honestly, but it isn't streaming.

From NC5:

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/25914792/court-hearing-for-suspect-charged-in-bobos-disappearance

4098698_G.jpg

Jeff Pearcy arrives in court in Henderson County on Tuesday, July 1, 2014.

-----------------------------------

Well, it looks like he was there ... but we didn't get to see the hearing ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get