Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some testing must have been done on the blood
They have reported that some of it is animal blood
Yes, I think Stryker said that domestic animals were ruled out. Now they're doing further testing on the blood.

Someone please jump in and correct me if I'm wrong.

(It's a weird way to stage a suicide though, with the bag, the location, doesn't seem like a main way someone would think about staging a suicide, it's all so weird. But right now I'm not buying suicide, jmo. Anything is possible though! The culvert reminds me of where Jessica Ridgeway was found.)

Everything is jmo.

I'm not presenting it as a "conclusion" though which would be a final determination, and I never used that word, you did. I said: it has "become clear to LE".

When a suspicious death investigation begins, they must be open to homicide, suicide and accidental. They appear to have narrowed it down (i.e. it has become clear to LE) that there is no (zero!) evidence to support homicidal violence, and I assume they've also ruled out accidental.

Under Washington RCW's, LE don't decide the manner of death, they need to present the evidence to the ME who will make a determination. This is why they have not yet made a definitive statement, because they don't make the decision/ruling.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ed-of-drowning-had-plastic-bag-over-her-head/

“At this point in the investigation, there is nothing to suggest DeBoer’s death was the result of an act of homicidal violence,” Police Chief Greg Wilson said in the statement."

https://www.facebook.com/DavidRoseQ1...75428069147003

"My colleague, Brandi Kruse, talked with Mountlake Terrace Police Chief Greg Wilson this morning to get some clarification on the lack of evidence to suggest a homicide in Cheryl DeBoer's case. He says there were no defensive wounds. Her car was locked and secured. Her clothes were intact and not disheveled. No tips have come in that offer any insight into her death that would suggest it was a homicide. No physical evidence or lack of evidence that would support “robbery, assault, or abduction.” There is no evidence she was restrained. “You have to put emotions aside. That’s difficult for the community. It’s difficult for the family," said Chief Wilson who added “As with any case like this, we’re going to take a methodical approach in our investigation." Several crime labs are assisting in analyzing evidence including the plastic bag, her car, computer and phone records. The Chief says it would be premature to rule on manner of death before those labs are done analyzing that evidence."

her death was labeled undetermined so that means per someone elses prior comment that there isnt enough evidence to support a cause or theres equal amount of evidence to support two different causes. however, kiro7news said the police said they believe tox and forensic results will show accidental or suicide.........not sure why. i guess for now its undetermined. it just seems like me and police are disagreeing with eachother or else legally and ethically me cant say their opinion and has to stick to facts, while police is allowed to say their opinion. would wounds still be there a week later, exposed to elements? doubtfully. how can her clothes not be disheled if shes in a damn culvert with basically a creek going through it?? does that mean they werent torn or missing buttons? i think her clothing would be possibly torn from branches and definately "disheveled" ie stretched out which would make it hard to distinguish whether its from someone grabbing her and a fight or from the creek. for example, if im trying to run from someone or get away and they grabbed me by my shirt, it would stretch. if i go into a lake or a river with normal clothes, theyd likely stretch, especially with running water for an entire week. although, i guess after a week her body may be bloating or not bloating and doing something else, which would make it appear the clothes fit her...but i think theyd still be disheveled. how long does a bruise stay on a body after death, a week after being in water?? i dont think so. so how can they say lack of evidence..

I also want to apologize. I responded to the information out of emotion earlier. I don't think LE is trying to cover anything up. I also don't believe they're negligent or anything. I'm just really attached to this case and want answers for Cheryl and family.

Why would there be tire prints on a city street?

And there are plenty of ways she could have gotten there without walking (or flying - I assume you were being sarcastic?) or being dragged. Under duress, she would have gotten into another car without leaving any "drag marks."
Had a vehicle pulled into the
area to the right (south of, and adjacent) to Mountlake Terrace Monument, the possibilty exists, tire tracks and/or shoe prints might've been left behind.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Yes, I think Stryker said that domestic animals were ruled out. Now they're doing further testing on the blood.

Someone please jump in and correct me if I'm wrong.

I recall him saying that the results were inconclusive and further testing was required
I may have missed a post about domestic animals being ruled out

area to the right (south of, and adjacent) to Mountlake Terrace Monument, the possibilty exists, tire tracks and/or shoe prints might've been left behind.

b9aff7a49f0ce27a93c4260be5daac39.jpg

her death was labeled undetermined so that means per someone elses prior comment that there isnt enough evidence to support a cause or theres equal amount of evidence to support two different causes.

From what they are reporting there is not yet enough information to rule out homicide, though there's no evidence to support it; I don't think it means there is an equal amount of evidence.

(Modsnip)

Cheryl's roll in HIV (not cancer) research has been described over and over in here. She was a programmer, dealt with numbers, computers, research data not exit bags or those who contemplated suicide.

(Imo)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As an insider I believe it's quite factual.

Cheryl's roll in HIV (not cancer) research has been described over and over in here. She was a programmer, dealt with numbers, computers, research data not exit bags or those who contemplated suicide.

(Imo)

Lava what do you think happened to Cheryl ?

If it was suicide, and that's an IF for me..........why the culvert? Not a very isolated spot from several cases regarding suicide I have read about. A lot more evidence need to be presented before suicide can be the final verdict. Some of the clues make no sense. The animal blood stain, the razor , the fast food bag.........I wonder if LE is trying flush ppl out with tips .... JMO

SBM: I admit I was leaning to the suicide possibility but trying to keep an open mind and mindful too of Occam's Razor (gosh, no pun intended). But "cuts" on her fingers sounds to me exactly like there was a razor blade in her pocket that she nicked her fingers on reaching into her pocket. As if she forgot or did not know it was there.

Just one more possibility.

Cheryl, a whole bunch of people care about you here, and about those who knew and loved you. Regardless, the sadness is palpable on this thread. We're confused and want clarity, but also, on some other level, we care about people.

There was a cut on fingers on each hand. I think an accidental hand in pocket could explain the cut on one finger/hand, but not the other.

Why plant a razo blade(
Here let me ct her 2 fingers a d place the blade back in her pocket?

Ill bet my last 2 dollars tbe only prints on anything are bers.
Jmoo

I tend to agree
I really can't make sense of someone planting a razor blade. What is the point?
Of course i don't really understand why some think the animal blood would be planted either.
All of this is just my humble opinion

When it all comes to light, it will probably all fall into place.
What did LE say? Something about sensitive info and we would all understand when its all over? (my words)

Thing is every photo of that culvert and the roads there is NO TRAFFIC and no ppl walking.
You can see pretty far down the roads u wait for no cars and walk in

It may be that in the pictures you have seen that there is no traffic on Cedar Way. The FACT is, as a local who has driven on it many times and have lived in the apartments less than a block from where she was found, it is a busy main road and usually has car traffic.

why not just call in sick, get in bed and then put the bag over your head ? at least that way you die warm in your bed, not in some cold stream of flowing water ...?

I am stepping away from the boards for awhile. I do admit the evidence the police are releasing are leaning one way, I have never been able to rule the suicide scenario out. Tox results did come back clean, per what police released to us last week. At this point I don't care they haven't released that. I really hope something is found with analysis of all the evidence that is still being processed to prove otherwise. Emotionally I am having conflicting theories and thoughts, and being on the board is distracting me from all my daily tasks I need to do. Work, home life, etc... I may visit to see what is being discussed, but I am going to avoid answering any questions or commenting for some while. I appreciate all your support.

Also, you might expect drag marks or crushed vegetation on the banks. But if the east side of the culvert is as brush-choked as was indicated in the article linked a couple of pages ago, maybe that pull-in was never used at all? I get more puzzled the more I read and think about this.

why not just call in sick, get in bed and then put the bag over your head ? at least that way you die warm in your bed, not in some cold stream of flowing water ...?

Perhaps to save a loved one the agony of finding her? JMO

Stryker and lavaland, I am so sorry for the way that you've been spoken to and for how people are talking about what happened to your mother. I am a local, feel free to message me. I will physically get out there with you to look for her phone and wallet or to do anything else that you need help with. I promise that I am here for your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod