UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have missed this being discussed but here goes:

Maybe Josh had a life insurance policy covering Susan from a previous place of employment. Or maybe Susan had a life insurance policy on herself that would go to her children! Guess I'm thinking serial murderer Drew Peterson and his first wife, Kathleen Savio.

Is there any evidence, anywhere, that Josh was ever a good dad?

Are you asking if the life insurance has been discussed as a motive? If so, I don't know if it has been discussed at length. I will give my opinion that I don't believe it had anything to do with life insurance. Usually people that are after the life insurance either make it look like an accident or a murder-for-hire type scenario. The body in either case would be easily found. I would think it would be hard to cash in on a policy with no proof that a death occurred. I know after some time you could declare a person legally dead, but I think that takes time.

I will admit that it's entirely possible that it was his original intention for her to be found and declared an accidental death, and possibly cashing in on the life insurance, but beyond my feeling I have nothing to back that up.

BBM I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder and LOVE IS BLIND! What is so odd, so many people saying that Josh is ODD, and no one seemed to even like him??????

YUCK! I'm having the hardest time wondering WHY would she marry him? I mean, I know that sounds callous (and love is blind), but I would think that someone close to her would have said something before she married him - like family! Something psychotic about him would have been noticeable a while ago, wouldn't it? Former neighbors are saying the same thing -- no one liked him. Now, did this lip-snarling, non-emotional, downright GOOFY behavior just start? I don't think so. Once again, EWWWW.

Why didn't everyone eat together? He and sons ate in kitchen while Susan and JoVanna ate in livingroom.
I always take a break and we as a family all eat together........I just find that odd in itself.
Was JoVanna doing brainwashing to Susan for Josh on how to be a good wife to the wondeful Josh?
Were the boys not to hear stuff?

I wonder when Susan walked to church with her sons, what mood she was in.
And during the church meeting, and after.
We will never get anything out of JoVanna that is true, she sugar coats Josh.

I'm also wondering why they (family, anybody?) are allowing an obviously disturbed man to keep his two children. I really believe that someone, anyone, needs to make some excuse and take them away. Really, it's irresponsible not to.

It would be so horrible - with everyone seeing his behavior - and left the two little boys with him, and he did the unthinkable. He is fully capable of it, IMO.

STILL no perp walk? :banghead:

This deserves to spend Christmas behind bars!

darn - I came on hoping to see him behind bars. But to be fair, LE has to have their ducks in a row before they arrest him. Didn't it take LE like 8 months to arrest Scott Peterson. I won't even go into how frustrated I was with Drew Peterson walking around in what seemed like forever.

My gut is telling me LE is taking this slow and methodically. I have to have faith they have their eyes on the right perp.

I just pray that angels are watching over the children and they come to no harm.

Moo

Mel

Why didn't everyone eat together? He and sons ate in kitchen while Susan and JoVanna ate in livingroom.
I always take a break and we as a family all eat together........I just find that odd in itself.
Was JoVanna doing brainwashing to Susan for Josh on how to be a good wife to the wondeful Josh?
Were the boys not to hear stuff?

OMG - JoVanna looks "programmed" herself! She's as downright spooky and lifeless as Josh is wacky!

darn - I came on hoping to see him behind bars. But to be fair, LE has to have their ducks in a row before they arrest him. Didn't it take LE like 8 months to arrest Scott Peterson. I won't even go into how frustrated I was with Drew Peterson walking around in what seemed like forever.

My gut is telling me LE is taking this slow and methodically. I have to have faith they have their eyes on the right perp.

I just pray that angels are watching over the children and they come to no harm.

Moo

Mel

But, you know, Scott Peterson didn't have 2 little tiny boys with him!

and Drewpy had adults around all the time -- and that neighbor watching (thank God for her!)

I am very afraid for those babies. How much longer are they going to wait?

Since he might have poisoned Susan's food, he probably needed a different meal plan for his kids. JMO
JoVonna DID say that Josh and kids ate in the kitchen while she and Susan ate in the living room... Very easy to feed them something else eh?

I apologize so much -- I need to go back and read, but if Josh told that woman he was taking the kids to get something to eat -- what happened to the pancakes? Did the two little ones sit there while the adults ate?

We have been questioning that statement he made to the neighbor. Like, why would they go eat when they just ate?

Another thing is, it was dark by the time he was going to go sledding. We haven't found out if they have somewhere that's lit up at night. I mean, I don't believe anyone would go sledding in the complete dark!

What we do know is what he told the neighbor he was going to do and then another neighbor saw him pulling into the garage at 8:30. I haven't heard if they actually saw him pull into the driveway or just into the garage.

Oh, not to mention in one of his interviews, when he talked about going camping and having smores with the boys, he said "in the morning." Who in their right mind would give a 2 and 4 yo smores for breakfast?

:banghead:
JMHO
fran

I am thinking that Josh (not that much of a caring father-FAKE)
Took the kids somewhere that night........(friend)
the boys were in good shape, no frost bite etc.
Sons slept in a warm place, he had help, (friend) sworn to a secret.
He hid Susan in a familiar place close to home.
Josh wants people to think he was away for 17 hours, but NO ONE
saw him or the boys anywhere.........they were right there in the city!
Then he came back for the boys, took them to camp and do smores in daylight.
So 4 year old says yes we were at camp and we had smores, but no one asked
where he slept that entire night!
I do not think they spent the night in the van.
Nor do I think he drove in a blizzard.
That is why Josh won't allow the 4 year old out of his sight!
There is another person who knows something and is being quiet!
I think LE has a good idea who the other person is...........
This is my own opinion!

josh could have showed up to a friend from that computer club that he belongs to and asked them to watch the kids for a while for whatever reasons(lied about why) and at that time the person wouldnt have any reason not to believe josh. then a day or so later this person finds out that susan is missing and realizes that they were duped and maybe confronts josh about it...maybe josh gives them some sob story about how he is going to confess right after christmas, blah blah blah. idk. its possible but i would think that this alleged other person would go to the cops - maybe the cops think that this person might be able to get josh to tell where susan is?

We have been questioning that statement he made to the neighbor. Like, why would they go eat when they just ate?

Another thing is, it was dark by the time he was going to go sledding. We haven't found out if they have somewhere that's lit up at night. I mean, I don't believe anyone would go sledding in the complete dark!

What we do know is what he told the neighbor he was going to do and then another neighbor saw him pulling into the garage at 8:30. I haven't heard if they actually saw him pull into the driveway or just into the garage.

Oh, not to mention in one of his interviews, when he talked about going camping and having smores with the boys, he said "in the morning." Who in their right mind would give a 2 and 4 yo smores for breakfast?

:banghead:
JMHO
fran

I know - can you imagine sending your child down a hill in complete darkness. I would be scared witless - let alone a child. This man is so full of carp, I can't believe he thinks he's fooling anyone!

And smores for breafast? You've got to be kidding me! He obviously doesn't know what children need for breakfast! Where was he going to make these smores? Were they all going to sit around a fire and make them in sub-freezing temperatures? Makes no sense - no sense at all.

I cannot believe that LE did not follow him when he rented the car and drove hundreds of miles. :doh:
If they did not, WHY? I agree, they were derelict in their duty! But - maybe they did? If they did, I would assume that the body would have been found, because I am sure that is where he went.
I just saw the case on Jane V-M. The friend Jovanna was on, and said Susan never gave any indication that they were having problems. she painted a pretty picture of the last night when she was over there crocheting. She obviously is on the side of Josh - she said he was soooo nice to her that night, put a blanket on her cause she was cold, cooked a nice dinner for her, cleaned up the dishes, and even made it a point to say "he cleaned up a spill from dinner that was on the floor." Weird remark - I think she was trying to elude about the wet carpet/fans.
Jane was not buying all the lovey-dovey stuff. Her panel guest said it was not uncommon for abused women to not tell but only a few close friends. I though it was funny - the lady said she may not have confided in an "older" person who she went to church with!
Anyway, I am frustrated about the rental car - this case may have been much further along, and Susan's family just continues to suffer.:banghead:

Bold mine.

I am still catching up here in this thread, so maybe someone else has commented about JoVonna, but this lady is for some reason setting off my hinky-meter. I watched this JVM, and agree, I thought it was good that Jane's one guest said that about not confiding in an older person who went to church with Susan. It is so obvious that JoVonna is NOT a "close friend" of Susan's. I wish Jane would quit calling her that. My question is: why is JoVonna inserting herself in this mess? She is definitely on Josh's side. I have to wonder if she knows more than she is telling.

I know that Josh is not interested in JoVonna in a romantic way, but maybe J herself has some feelings for ole Joshie-boy, and would cover for him. ???

Now, when Josh went to the neighbor, Peterson, and asked him for a ride to pick up his SUV, where were the children? Someone could have questioned the 4-year-old . . . and have assessed his demeanor, right?

Bold mine.

I am still catching up here in this thread, so maybe someone else has commented about JoVonna, but this lady is for some reason setting off my hinky-meter. I watched this JVM, and agree, I thought it was good that Jane's one guest said that about not confiding in an older person who went to church with Susan. It is so obvious that JoVonna is NOT a "close friend" of Susan's. I wish Jane would quit calling her that. My question is: why is JoVonna inserting herself in this mess? She is definitely on Josh's side. I have to wonder if she knows more than she is telling.

I know that Josh is not interested in JoVonna in a romantic way, but maybe J herself has some feelings for ole Joshie-boy, and would cover for him. ???

about jovanna, someone earlier in the thread commented that jovanna keeps showing up on the shows that pay them to come on...i agree :) besides possibly being paid she probably likes the attention and who knows maybe she is doing it in defense of josh...i have no idea why, from the looks of her she probably doesnt get out much...

(above respectfully 'snipped' and bolded by smart blonde)

I can't help it... this woman gets my 'hinky meter' up like no other! Does anyone else get the feeling, that at the very least, this woman may have a 'crush' on Josh?

Suddenly, it looks like Josh even has an 'alibi' for the fans on the floor.

Is it possible JoVonna was jealous of Susan?

This is Websleuths, the world's best crime-sleuthing website (imo), so I know my fellow posters will understand that the following is simply not-well-thought-out SPECULATION on my part, but, here goes...

What if.... (just speculating here)... JoVonna knew Josh was going sledding with the boys, because he told JoVonna that himself. After he left, JoVonna did something to Susan herself? With Susan 'out of the way', in her fantasy, she is set to take Susan's place. When Josh returns, he finds Susan either missing or murdered. If he finds her murdered, he correctly believes everyone will blame him for the murder, so he takes the boys, and Susan's body, to dispose of the body? The rest plays out just the way we think it has.

LOL...I see I'm not the only one whose hinky-meter is heading up in regards to JoVonna. :)

Your scenerio is possible. My thinking is more along that Jov. helped Josh after, or knew what was going to happen to Susan, but that Joshie did the deed.

yep, i agree with you on that too. it will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next few days. i think we are going to see a bunch of stuff. the friends are already coming out with the "truth" rather than all that "dont want to say anything bad about anyone" bs. i also dont think he wanted susan on the pc because she would be able to communicate with people and gain knowledge...both are frowned on by josh - he should have joined the taliban since that is how they treat their women, huh?

Also, I was just thinking that with Josh's intermittent employment lately, he was around the house more and Susan probably couldn't get away from him or on the computer at all. Josh probably was pizzed off about his earning ability vs Susan's earning ability, and took it out on her verbally, at least. I bet while Susan was at work, Josh would say mean things about her to the boys, just to try to turn them against her. How sad her life must have been right before Josh ended it. :(

STILL no perp walk? :banghead:

This deserves to spend Christmas behind bars!

That's what I want for Christmas, a perp walk and a court order giving the kids to HER family until they find out who knew what, when and who helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993