Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would RAT know that he wasn't the last to see her??? Unless... he knows who really was last... JMO I know Rat has a son but how old is he now?

The article does say he was arrested based on a hair of hers found in his trailer. (When? Does that mean they got a search warrant first? Based on what?)

Claims the other guy's DNA will be on a beer bottle. (Icehouse brand.)

Oddly specific. Either this guy is a very inventive liar, has the the worst luck in the world, or maybe LE is really mad they couldn't make the Samantha Clarke thing stick and are going after him again as a grudge.

From pictures Alexis looks to love nice clothes, hair perfect, etc. I can't imagine she would voluntarily step foot in that trailer. I could picture her saying "Ewww... at the sight of it!"

Well clearly he knows they have evidence or are going to find evidence of her being in his trailer. So now he has to come up with a story to explain that.

My questions, they said they have some of her hair. Would it actually be her hair? When you buy hair for a weaves, it isn't your hair. It might actually be synthetic or from another person. Or multiple people dyed and mixed together right? I guess it could get pupped out at the root if the weave? Clearly I am showing my ignorance of what it actually means to weave your hair. Can somebody explain this?

Here's how a "weave" works. Normally when I buy hair it's extensions but I go to the same type of Korean hair places and you buy bundles of hair - most of us buy "Indian virgin hair" (Remi is the best brand) so it's not synthetic. However, when you get it put in for a weave:

Your natural hair is braided (corn rows or circular). Your hair is then anchored down by being sewn down. After that your new hair is weaved in and sewn as well. If someone were to tear the new hair, it will still pull your true hair out. It would have to be a VERY hard tug though (sorry for the visual). You don't shed your hair where it falls out (like a natural shed) when you have a weave because the shedding is trapped within the braids.

So, her hair that's found .. is probably the sewn in hair. Although, that could tech be traced if she bought a specific brand (most have favorites) - which if she had any left over at her house (and most of us do) they could match it up. But it wouldn't be as strong of a case as her natural hair. With extensions, the type that are fused to your true hair to give length and volume, you shed them a LOT anyway but it will come out with your real hair.

Hope that sorta explains it.

"Mr. Taylor told law enforcement that he met this missing girl at the Liberty gas station by coincidence. He had parked at the pumps to buy cigarettes and she had parked at the pumps to get gas," Hallahan said. "She made a comment to him about smoking marijuana based on her seeing him at another car wash in Lovingston weeks or a month before that. He had indicated to her that he would like to get some more. She said, ‘I know a guy' she told him to meet at another location in Lovingston and they rode up there in both cars."

Hallahan says Alexis and the unidentified man left before sundown on August 3 in separate cars and Taylor hasn't seen them since.

Hallahan says law enforcement told Taylor he was arrested because the FBI found a hair in his camper belonging to Alexis.

"I don't know how a hair found in a camper would justify probable cause on an abduction any more than a misdemeanor of assault or battery or murder," Hallahan said.

seems like he's had a little time to come up with the story of how her hair might be found in his trailer. ughhhhhhhhh but how would LE know if it was her hair already? could they have gotten results back that quickly? if it's synthetic hair, how would they know it's a match? maybe comparing it to hair on her brush? thinking out loud here.

anyone know what time the sun set that day?

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23140117/through-attorney-randy-taylor-tells-his-story

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 3m
Taylor: he met #AlexisMurphy a while ago & he was smoking pot. He asked her to get weed when they saw each other at Lovingston gas station.
:eek:

I suppose he knows he can say anything regarding 'any relationship' he had with Alexis, as he probably knows it is only going to be his side of the story being told from now on in.

He has had a few days in solitary to start working out his defence and the more he learns from his attorney, the more he will feel confident he can work that defence strategy based on any evidence made known to him.

If it weren't so sad, I'd laugh. The attorney should be quiet now. It's really in his client's best interest.

The sad part is that her tweets leave one with no other option but to find his story completely plausible.

The article does say he was arrested based on a hair of hers found in his trailer. (When? Does that mean they got a search warrant first? Based on what?)

Claims the other guy's DNA will be on a beer bottle. (Icehouse brand.)

Oddly specific. Either this guy is a very inventive liar, has the the worst luck in the world, or maybe LE is really mad they couldn't make the Samantha Clarke thing stick and are going after him again as a grudge.

Maybe he picked up a random beer bottle somewhere and put it in his trailer.

I don't know if they could prove a hair came from Alexis if it is mostly weave. That could get tricky. JMO

Here's a thought: He followed the case via social media, like everyone else and he read the details of what her plans were for that day. He looked at the same photos we all had on her twitter - the ones where she "claims" (I'm still not convinced she smoked pot - although she was on summer break, most people do smoke weed at some point in their lives etc etc) and had thought up his angle long before all of this.

He knew she "smoked pot" (again, I don't think so but that doesn't matter)
He knew she was African American (so he inserted an African American male)
He knew her plans that day were to buy hair even..

I think he was in the end stalking her twitter feed as it was linked to her "missing" FB and hell, he might have read things here.

Now the question is: on her twitter and vine and FB - did she show ANY PHOTOS of a black male with braids and or a car like he describes? I can so see this RAT creating this scenario based on what he had seen on her open social media websites.

seems like he's had a little time to come up with the story of how her hair might be found in his trailer. ughhhhhhhhh but how would LE know if it was her hair already? could they have gotten results back that quickly? if it's synthetic hair, how would they know it's a match? maybe comparing it to hair on her brush? thinking out loud here.

anyone know what time the sun set that day?

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23140117/through-attorney-randy-taylor-tells-his-story

quoting self for reference, sunset was 8:16pm that night in Lovingston, MD.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=419&month=8&year=2013&obj=sun&afl=-11&day=1

Well clearly he knows they have evidence or are going to find evidence of her being in his trailer. So now he has to come up with a story to explain that.

My questions, they said they have some of her hair. Would it actually be her hair? When you buy hair for a weaves, it isn't your hair. It might actually be synthetic or from another person. Or multiple people dyed and mixed together right? I guess it could get pupped out at the root if the weave? Clearly I am showing my ignorance of what it actually means to weave your hair. Can somebody explain this?

If they did any kind of DNA test on it, then it would have had to been her actual hair. It depends on how she had her hair weave done. The have various types of ways to do weave, I am not an expert on that but I know that much. He is covering, and he thinks he is smarter than the LE so he wants to take them on a wild goose chase but he has to admit to her being in his trailer. That gives him close proximity to AM with no alibi. Just like he did with SC, he had no verifiable alibi according to the article done by the hook.

http://www.readthehook.com/108360/l...amily-mourns-suspect-claims-police-harassment

I wonder if LE said they had her hair to see what his story would be. I really hope they have her DNA.

Funny I recall that article in The Hook where he vehemently claimed the same thing about the other girl...

http://www.readthehook.com/109994/where-are-they-two-missing-girls-one-suspect?quicktabs_1=1

Re: Samantha Clarke and RAT

Almost the same, I wasn't the last one to: talk with her, see her, be with her--take your pick-response from RAT in SC and AM cases.

RAT claims (I'm paraphrasing) that he called SC late the night she disappeared to warn her that he knew of other people who wanted to hurt her. He said he made the call when he was alone at home with his young son, BUT that in the background he could hear a man's voice.

Also, IIRC, the lake trailer was a second trailer that RAT owned as that time. I believe it was searched in SC investigation and is being searched in the AM investigation. I'll see if I can find references to that effect.

http://www.wset.com/story/23135127/update-increased-police-activity-at-randy-taylors-home

JMO, but I think that RAT does not try to do these kinds of things on his own. I speculate that he might grab the girl, steal her car, toss her phone, hand her off to his partner/s, take his cut or payoff, and leave. Someone else has the girl, controls the car, and leaves for a different destination. Even though RAT may know where the girl ends up, he can honestly say that he was not the last person to...

BTW, Sylvester Cheatham was arrested this morning.
http://www.wset.com/story/23134498/person-of-interest-in-amherst-co-murder-case-arrested-in-nc
His name came up in early postings in the AM thread as having potential as a suspect in the AM abduction.

I want to scream!!! This guy makes no sense!!

Think about it! There's no way AM is just going to start talking to RAT at the pump about weed and then offer to set up a deal with him. If that was the case there would be some kind of activity on her phone. Second of all-- this is a modern girl... I'm sure she would not just drive up to his house and sit in a camper w/ 2 guys!! We have all seen the pictures of that house and the property... There is no way! 3rd of all-- it doesn't make sense fore RAT to be sitting there buying weed and drinking w/ a guy he knows NOTHING about, including his name. If anything he was plotting with this guy and they were both at the gas station and over powered AM!

I am sure he does not have a computer and his lawyer has probably told him about her twitter and what to say. He's just nervousness because her hair and DNA was found on his property. His false explanations are so similar to the SC case. This makes me want to puke and punch him in the face!

Does he really think anyone is going to buy that story!!! Ugh! This case has really got to me. I can't stand this process! Plus I am sure that there is fore evidence than a piece of hair in the camper (which was weave) since the 1st thing they took off his property was his truck! Think about it, there had to be some kind of evidence in the truck for him to take it!

Maybe he picked up a random beer bottle somewhere and put it in his trailer.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to believe they have the wrong guy, but his details are very specific. Most people just aren't that creative. And I don't know if we know if Alexis is known to have smoked pot, or if we're allowed to discuss it if she was, but in my experience pot can be a "unifier" that causes people to interact across age/race/etc barriers, with the pot being the common denominator.

I know people are going to hate reading this post, and I'm sorry, but sometimes the wrong people get arrested. I will be happy if I turn out to be completely misguided here.

Here's a thought: He followed the case via social media, like everyone else and he read the details of what her plans were for that day. He looked at the same photos we all had on her twitter - the ones where she "claims" (I'm still not convinced she smoked pot - although she was on summer break, most people do smoke weed at some point in their lives etc etc) and had thought up his angle long before all of this.

He knew she "smoked pot" (again, I don't think so but that doesn't matter)
He knew she was African American (so he inserted an African American male)
He knew her plans that day were to buy hair even..

I think he was in the end stalking her twitter feed as it was linked to her "missing" FB and hell, he might have read things here.

Now the question is: on her twitter and vine and FB - did she show ANY PHOTOS of a black male with braids and or a car like he describes? I can so see this RAT creating this scenario based on what he had seen on her open social media websites.

The only black males with braids that I saw linked to AM where the guys that did the video tribute on youtube. The actual singer/rapper and then another guy that said he was a good friend of AM near the end of the video. He could have pulled it from that possibly.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZyLKxBaeMY"]J-Willz - Gone Missing (Official Video) #FindAlexisMurphy & #FindSageSmith TRIBUTE - YouTube[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419