Will Casey face probation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes! no ruling yet

No "official ruling" yet. It is expected that HHJP will issue a stay at some point this afternoon. It is then expected that an "emergency hearing" will be held on Friday morning. At that point she may be remanded to probation and with that expected to return to Orlando OR some other city.
OR, and this is what I expect,...she could be freed to go out and be the thing she is.
MOO and based solely on what I have read at WFTV, Orlando Sentinal and WESH.
Hoping that this is helpful.

When the option, of Casey serving probation in jail, was brought up, (during the check fraud sentencing hearing) Judge Strickland told the state to submit a motion on the proposal. Problem is, no motion was ever produced by the state. This, at least, is the way I understand it.

@OSCaseyAnthony
Casey Anthony News
Perry says #caseyanthony doesn't have to report to probation. Sets hearing for 9 a.m. Fri. Casey won't be there. Story to post soon

@bobkealing
bob kealing
#perry spokeswoman just sent out stay of #CaseyAnthony probation order. Also does confirm Friday am hearing on issue.

so....F. George will be there on friday for Caylee....prayers for FG.......

Her probation is going to be at arm's-lenth. There is too much of a circus atmosphere in Orlando - Perry won't allow it. IMO

That is if she can find a DOC who will take her in...

Why does it seem to me that there is so much responsibility shirking on all sides of this case? Is it catching?

From this article: "Plessinger also confirmed Casey was visited by a probation officer once during the year she spent on probation in the Orange County Jail. Other contacts to verify she remained in jail were done through reporting checks by phone.

So, they didn't meet with her on a monthly basis, so did she pay her $20.00 a month for 12 months? Did she get a job? Don't know about the payments but certainly the answer to the last question is NO.

Friday morning then...well, the ball is definitely in Judge Perry's court ! We'll see what he does with it.

@OSCaseyAnthony
Casey Anthony News
Perry says #caseyanthony doesn't have to report to probation. Sets hearing for 9 a.m. Fri. Casey won't be there. Story to post soon

@bobkealing
bob kealing
#perry spokeswoman just sent out stay of #CaseyAnthony probation order. Also does confirm Friday am hearing on issue.

So once again ... CFCA and her DT get their way ! :maddening:

I just don't know how much MORE I can't take of this bunch !

MOO ... and I am also DISGUSTED with Judge Perry ... and if he "lets" her off of the probation ... I will TAKE BACK EVERY SINGLE GOOD WORD I stated about him !

:maddening::maddening::maddening:

Let me be the Pollyanna here and say I think HHJP has probably had it up the ying yang with the theatrics and media regarding this case. I also think he has issued this stay to keep down the hysterics, and the media trucks, etc., from moving in and causing yet another firestorm in front of the Orlando courthouse.

I think he will have his hearing on Friday morning, he probably already knows what laws he will refer to, and if there is law to uphold the probation, he will, and if not, he won't. But no point if everyone making a huge ballyhoo of it before this emergency hearing is held, with FKC swanning in, more deputies needed, etc., etc., until a decision.

And I would also suggest a staff member has alerted him to the pics of an "untroubled FKC" strolling along in a suburb, looking perfectly content with her world, unharmed and clearly not emotionally distressed.

From this article: "Plessinger also confirmed Casey was visited by a probation officer once during the year she spent on probation in the Orange County Jail. Other contacts to verify she remained in jail were done through reporting checks by phone.

So, they didn't meet with her on a monthly basis, so did she pay her $20.00 a month for 12 months? Did she get a job? Don't know about the payments but certainly the answer to the last question is NO.

That's insanity and gives me reason to hope that probation was not served because all they did was visit her once. No drug tests, nothing. Let's see what kind of records they have. I'm sure they will be required to produce them.

That was probably the easiest probationer this probation officer ever had to deal with. She was on time for her visits and did not commit any crime (while on probation) and was always where she said she would be whenever he/she checked. And to top it all off...she had employment as a criminal being paid by the Florida taxpayers!
Wow...high fives to the PO that landed her.
:banghead:

The whole idea around probation is to see if the "criminal" can tow the line in "society". You know, not steal checks from anyone including her parents. It is not much of a probation if she is abiding because she is in a cell 23 hours a day. It is pretty difficult to forge checks while you are in custody.

Any way............

The DT acknowledges the original sentencing... a year's probation AFTER release.
"However the original order of probation did not state this provision."

Can someone explain? Did not the order follow the sentencing? Was it a typo? Would not the original sentencing rule?
Confused.

ETA I turned on HLN to JB making a statement about 60 days to correct orders...

It should not make any difference because probation is USUALLY AND INTENTIONALLY DONE WHEN ONE IS RELEASED TO SEE IF THEY FOLLOW THE RULES. Not yellin, just sayin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa