TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I've missed it. Has Hailey always lived here?

As far as I know... NO. I think they relocated there from either Dunn or Snyder, TX. Approx. 15? miles to Dunn and 20? miles to Snyder.

I think the poly confusion can be cleared up by the time of the articles and information from the son, but there is still something hinky about refusing on Wednesday due to medication:

I believe the article that stated the home was being searched and the poly was administered was published prior to the article that stated the poly's were not taken. Perhaps the media just jumped the gun on stating the poly was administered because SA was at the station and was scheduled for the test....maybe they just assumed, because they had not heard otherwise? The second article stating he did not take the poly's was released at 10pm on Wednesday and states it was confirmed by the son at 8pm on Wednesday, so it seems most up to date.

Here's something else I thought about regarding the refusals and meds:

1. The 2nd article states (according to the son and uncles): SA refused TWO poly's on WEDNESDAY and signed paperwork for a third, but left before it could be administered. Logically the third had to be Wednesday as well, if he refused the first two on Wednesday and the info was released on Wednesday night.

2. This information seems to suggest to me that the refusals on Wednesday did not have to do with the medication. Would SA's medication be out of his system between his 1st refusal on Wednesday and the 2nd refusal again on Wednesday? In following other cases,
it usually seems (and/or I recall) they re-schedule for another day when the person has medication in there system, not later in the day (but I could be wrong about this, as it may depend on the medication and the effects of such). I just don't see him refusing poly #1 on Wednesday due to being on medication and the police talking him into poly #2 later in the day (while still on the medication) and again he refuses and then the police get him to sign the paperwork for poly #3 again later the same day and then he leaves. I do not believe the police would pressure him into poly #2 and #3 on the same day, if it was a medication issue. They want accurate results too!

3. Could the police have asked for a poly from him prior to Wednesday and they had to re-schedule for Wednesday due to him being on medication at the time of the initial plan for a poly and that's where the medication story is coming from? If so, why refuse on Wednesday?

Quote from the article:

"However, at about 8:00pm, Hailey’s older brother David told our CBS 7 crew that Shawn had refused to take two polygraph tests Wednesday.

David says that Shawn signed the paperwork to take a third but then refused to take it and left the building.

According to David, the Dunn family and police had not seen Shawn since that last polygraph refusal. "

http://www.cbs7.com/news/details.asp?ID=23234

Lastly, one thing I initially found strange was that it said SA had no contact with the family since the last refusal of the poly. I was thinking hmmm...wouldn't you want to be there for your girlfriend at a time like this? However, then when I noticed the time-line and saw that the 3rd poly was sometime on Wednesday and the info regarding no contact was only at 8pm Wednesday, so it does not appear to a significant period of no contact yet. I'd love to know if he went back to BO's later that night or on Thursday.

January 6, 2011
NO TIME ON THE ARTICLE

Texas Rangers also spent the day giving several polygraphs to people including Shawn Adkins, Hailey's mother's boyfriend who was the last person to see her alive

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328636

January 5, 2011
10:00PM UPDATE:
Search for Colorado City Girl Takes a New Turn 1/5/11

Hailey’s two uncles corroborated that story but police are not releasing information about any polygraph tests at this time.

http://cbs7.com/news/details.asp?ID=23234

The standard is LE never releases info about who took a poly or if they passed or failed.

How would Hailey's uncle and brother know that SA refused to take a poly on Wednesday; did the police tell them? Did the uncle and brother see SA walk out of the polygraph room stating SA refused the poly?

Did Hailey's brother take a poly?

New article that has a little bit more info:

(Snipped)

The center of the investigation appeared to be the Dunn household at the corner of 18th and Chestnut in Colorado City, where the Texas Rangers combed through Hailey’s room and searched the backyard.

With cooperation and assistance from Colorado City Police, the Rangers opened a backyard shed and searched other parts of the property for details.

The Texas Ranger investigators declined interview requests with CBS 7 but Hailey’s mother, Billie Dunn, said the Rangers were looking for any clues or signs that might point out where Hailey went.

Wednesday afternoon Billie told CBS 7 that her boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, was with authorities taking a polygraph test.

City Manager Pete Kampfer said he heard the same thing but that he could not confirm the information.

However, at about 8:00pm, Hailey’s older brother David told our CBS 7 crew that Shawn had refused to take two polygraph tests Wednesday.

David says that Shawn signed the paperwork to take a third but then refused to take it and left the building.

According to David, the Dunn family and police had not seen Shawn since that last polygraph refusal.

Hailey’s two uncles corroborated that story but police are not releasing information about any polygraph tests at this time.

Hailey’s uncle Dale says he took a polygraph test and passed it and added that Billie may have taken one Wednesday night as well.

As of 8:00pm Wednesday night, Billie Jean Dunn was not at her home and her family believed she was in downtown Colorado City with law enforcement authorities.

http://www.cbs7.com/news/details.asp?ID=23234

I was thinking about this last night, it probably does not mean squat, but still. So the uncle and the dad had poly's. They either tried or did poly Sa. All this talk about poly's and not mention of whether they gave Mom one, I wonder if they did? Errr.....just saw where they say she might have taken one Wed. evening.

I was thinking about this last night, it probably does not mean squat, but still. So the uncle and the dad had poly's. They either tried or did poly Sa. All this talk about poly's and not mention of whether they gave Mom one, I wonder if they did? Errr.....just saw where they say she might have taken one Wed. evening.

Based on the article I quoted on the [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5973465&postcount=12"]first page [/ame], they did give him one and that's what led to the searches. I don't know which is more reliable - that article or the relatives saying he refused ALL three...

But it would sure be to his advantage to have it cleared up if he DID take a poly: all of these refusals have sent the public/media into a frenzy. Guilty or not, if you're tried/convicted in the public eye, then that can take a long time to go away. Not saying that the refusals are needed for folks to be inclined to think he's guilty - I think many people lean in that direction anyway - but those refusals sure will seal the deal for most folks. All just MOO.

I saw that in the article to where they "might" have given her one, but no clarification on that. My guess is that her alibi is the strongest of all of them. She was at work when Hailey was last seen by the neighbor and SA, which should be able to be verified easily. She apparently was without a car there too, because SA picked her up from work, so no quick trips home for lunch. Maybe, that is why they don't seem in a hurry to polygraph her. Who knows for sure though (just a random guess on my part), it seems they do things in general at a different pace there than what we are use to in larger cities in these types of cases.

Calling all locals---Please let mom and dad know how much we are praying for them and how much we care. I always get attached to the missing kids but Billie has struck a chord in me and I am so worried about her. Same with dad- he looks just lost. And, if the BF did anything to Hailey mom is going to totally lose it.

How would Hailey's uncle and brother know that SA refused to take a poly on Wednesday; did the police tell them? Did the uncle and brother see SA walk out of the polygraph room stating SA refused the poly?

Did Hailey's brother take a poly?

Good point Patty G. The article did not clarify whether they got that information from the police or BO or somewhere else. I guess that can put another twist on it that I wasn't thinking of before...is it reliable? You'd think it would be coming from three different family members. If not, why would these three lie? Or, have they just been misinformed? If so, by who?

Also, is this information more reliable than the other article where a reporter states that SA did take the poly on Wednesday? Who knows....you'd like to think that family can get more information than a reporter, but sometimes they have sources for info the family doesn't, I guess.

I lean towards the family's information being the most reliable in this situation, but I can easily see how someone else would find the opposite more reliable for many reasons. There is definitely two sides to every coin. :waitasec:

So much of the rumor and confusion could be cleared up by appointing an LE spokesperson who could hold a daily press conference. The public is understandably frustrated. Everyone wants their children to be safe. There is a chance that there is a kidnapper or worse in their small community where they might be seeing this person every day, thinking that this person they know is safe because he or she is not a stranger.

I don't think anyone expects to be privy to every detail, but officials need to be accountable to the community. When CCPD tells the local newspaper and radio station thay they have searched everywhere that needs to be searched and done all of the questioning they can, then we find out the that they have taken no samples for testing, have not even looked at simple things like cell phone records, and the police Chief himself asks the public not to call unless they are sure their info is really important, the chaos which follows is to be expected.

Keeping the public reasonably informed is part of your job when you are a Chief of Police or a City Manager. I don't know how long ago CCity's Manager was with the FBI, but they do teach how and when to communicate with newsmedia and the public as part of the training at Quantico. It is a necessary skill for any LE or city admistrator, IMO.

Based on the article I quoted on the first page , they did give him one and that's what led to the searches. I don't know which is more reliable - that article or the relatives saying he refused ALL three...

But it would sure be to his advantage to have it cleared up if he DID take a poly: all of these refusals have sent the public/media into a frenzy. Guilty or not, if you're tried/convicted in the public eye, then that can take a long time to go away. Not saying that the refusals are needed for folks to be inclined to think he's guilty - I think many people lean in that direction anyway - but those refusals sure will seal the deal for most folks. All just MOO.

I think that we must consider the fact that this info is coming from the relatives, and LE has not exactly been forthcoming about even the most basic aspects of this investigation with anyone. If we use the example of SA's lies to Hailey's mom about coming home early/ having an argument/ being fired/ quitting his job , we can see that even if BO told them that SA didn't test at all, she may be relaying something which SA told her. Maybe it it true or maybe SA did not want to tell her about how the test went, so he just said he refused to take it. We just don't know.

As for the prescription drug info; prescription drug abuse is epidemic. We don't know if SA was prescribed this drug by a doctor, we don't know if he took what would be recommended as a theraputic dose, and we don't know if it was taken because a doctor told him to or because he thought it would influence the test results. The fact that a test was rescheduled to be admistered without the drug in his system makes be believe that it wasn't the type of long term drug therapy which would require a tapered withdrawal.

As always, that is simply my opinion.

I would really like to hear more from the neighbor who says he saw hailey in the yard during the noon hour. If he sees that much, then did he see what time the bf arrived home on Monday.?

Good point Patty G. The article did not clarify whether they got that information from the police or BO or somewhere else. I guess that can put another twist on it that I wasn't thinking of before...is it reliable? You'd think it would be coming from three different family members. If not, why would these three lie? Or, have they just been misinformed? If so, by who?

Also, is this information more reliable than the other article where a reporter states that SA did take the poly on Wednesday? Who knows....you'd like to think that family can get more information than a reporter, but sometimes they have sources for info the family doesn't, I guess.

I lean towards the family's information being the most reliable in this situation, but I can easily see how someone else would find the opposite more reliable for many reasons. There is definitely two sides to every coin. :waitasec:

I don't doubt that the relatives spotted SA at the police station, just question how they know that SA walked out of the poly refusing to take it.

Did they hear it from SA that he refused the poly OR from LE?

Maybe we will learn more today as I just want confirmation one way or another. :crazy:

I do think that if SA is not the one then they need to clear his name. ive heard on many cases where they get stuck on one person and it took years to accually find the real person, they need to clear Anyone that they can.

i do understand how he can be worried about the poly if his meds will mess with it or not, cause if something does turn uop it can point straight to him. not saying id do the same but there is some off logic to it. i dont agree with the decision but tryn to figure why. noone will know the real reason other than SA.

I would really like to hear more from the neighbor who says he saw hailey in the yard during the noon hour. If he sees that much, then did he see what time the bf arrived home on Monday.?

If LE had even one confirmed sighting of Hailey at any time on the day she disappeared or since, I am sure that they would have said so by now. Why? Their public image in regard to this investigation is the pitts!

An entire week was spent publicly admitting they hadn't a clue what happened to Hailey and claiming that she had lied in order to run away. They completely neglected to pursue available avenues of electronic investigation and refused to organize any widespread searches, leaving it to mothers and fathers in the community to do it without LE guidance.

If they had one shred of physical or even circumstantial evidence that Hailey left that house alive, they would proclaim it loud and clear!:twocents:

All My Opinion Only! (MOO)

as for me i believe that the poly is conducted in a way that they can work around the fact that hes on meds, that is why they ask the questions they know that are true all during the testing so i think. I think it depends on what meds hes on and how it effects the body. does anyone know what meds hes on that is keeping him from the poly?

I'm frustrated this morning that nothing seems any clearer than.... well, mud.

Right now my thoughts are on DD. Why is he talking to media? Is he staying alone at BD's house or is he staying with CD ? Someone needs to protect him from media (or anyone else who might wish to question or harm him) .... even at 16 he is still a child and doesn't know what to say or what not to say to specific people IMO. It has to be a very hard situation for him to be in.

Have there been any interviews with CD that I missed ? ? I know he's been beside BD most of the time, but i haven't heard him speak. Was he at work on the day Hailey went missing?

Also Sarx ... if you can.... it was questioned on NG and here yesterday...
Can a trailing dog distinguish a trail over a route that was frequently taken by the person and indicate if that trail was either 4 or 5 days old?
As Hailey walked to her dads frequently and we know she had walked there the day before she went missing I am not sure a dog could tell the difference? I think that seems to stretch their capabilities a bit even if the dog were the best trained trailing dog?

I thought about him being only 16 and it bothered me at first, then I thought back to when my own boys were that age. If their sister had been missing, I don't think it would have bothered me had they been talking to the media. A 16 yo can be very mature. It might even make him feel like he is doing something to help. And from what I've seen of the Dad, if he didn't want the Son talking to the media, I don't think he would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa