GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought about Mr. and Mrs. Dermond too southernmimi. It's horrible!

Gosh, a lot of probably-totally-unrelated yet intriguing news is coming out of the Dermonds' neck of the woods today. This one is also very sad...prayers for his family and friends. bbm in the quote:

Superior Court judge dead in apparent suicide

... (He) was one of five judges in the circuit comprised of Baldwin, Greene, Hancock, Jasper, Jones, Morgan, Putnam and Wilkinson counties. ...
more at: http://www.macon.com/2014/08/21/3261761/superior-court-judge-dead-in-apparent.html?sp=/99/100/&ihp=1

more at: http://www.macon.com/2014/08/21/3260663/tri-county-emc-warns-of-phony.html?sp=/99/100/&ihp=1

bbm in the quote above...

I don't think this particular impersonator had anything to do with what happened to the Dermonds, but it is in the area and made me think of some of the ruses we've discussed that might have been involved...so thought I'd post it.

Thanx for sharing, Backwoods... Yep, this meter reader impersonator and the roofing guy mentioned a few pages back are only two of the many creative ruses used by meth tweakers and other drug addicts to case a home, storage shed, or other private property for valuables to steal. LE should be dispatched when any suspicious uninvited and unexpected person is found milling around on private property, imo.

Are there any other problems that can occur from methamphetamine addiction? <sniped & BBM - read more>
http://www.narconon.org/drug-information/methamphetamine-addiction.html

Domestic and other disputes, ordinarily regarded as dangerous situations for law enforcement, become intensified when a meth tweaker is involved because of that individual's unpredictability.

Many motor vehicle violations and accidents may also involve tweakers. Paranoid and hallucinating, tweakers may decide to travel in their automobiles. Their delusional state makes moving shapes and shadows appear threatening, and they are very likely to increase their speed and exhibit erratic driving patterns as they attempt to evade the images.

An additional threat to society and themselves may stem from tweaker's tendency to arm themselves for their personal safety. Interviews with methamphetamine abusers have confirmed that these individuals often maintain weapons in their automobiles, as well as in their residences.

In addition, to support their habit, tweakers often participate in spur-of-the-moment crimes, such as purse snatching, strong-arm robberies, assaults with a weapon, burglaries, and thefts of motor vehicles.

Do you guys (and girls) think this will ever be solved? I'm beginning to wonder.

Initially, I had no doubts that it would be solved. Now, I wonder, too. They came and went in the night yet left no clues. With neither clues nor motive, how will it be solved? LE hasn't asked for public assistance other than general information and donations so that leads me to believe there isn't much known. If the murderers were paid by someone, we probably will never find out who killed them.

Initially, I had no doubts that it would be solved. Now, I wonder, too. They came and went in the night yet left no clues. With neither clues nor motive, how will it be solved? LE hasn't asked for public assistance other than general information and donations so that leads me to believe there isn't much known. If the murderers were paid by someone, we probably will never find out who killed them.

southernmimi, I believe we were all optimistic that the Dermond abduction/murders/decapitation would be not only solved, but quickly solved. Initially, I was very impressed with Sheriff Howard Sill's public trust, credentials; Quantico, Va FBI training/two time Sheriff of the year award, and transparency/timely pressers, as well as the prompt requested assistance/involvement of the FBI and BAU in the investigation...

It wasn't until learning of the refusal by Sheriff Sills, to request the assistance of GBI investigators, the lack of social media involvement by the Putnam County Sheriffs Department, and the abrupt silencing by the ms media, that my optimism of a successful conclusion to this investigation began to wane..

Will the Dermond murders case ever be solved? Guess anything is possible...But with each passing day, sadly the probability seems less and less likely, imo..

I think the Dermonds case will eventually be solved, but it looks like we may be in for the long haul. I certainly had hopes we would have a quick resolution.

I was thinking about Mrs. Dermond the other night before I fell asleep and what might have happened (I do this a lot). I began to wonder about the vehicles. If the perps (I think there could be 3 - SS said he believed at least 2) used the Dermonds vehicle to transport the bodies then any fibers obtained might not be useful in tracking down the murderers. I wonder if Mr. or Mrs. Dermond wore any kind of hat when they went out. If the windows of the vehicles were tinted the perps might have used one of their vehicles in whatever went down. For example, they put on Mr. D's hat and drove Mr. D's car to transport Mrs. D's body instead of by water. That way when they drove by the gate the guard would think it was Mr. D coming and going with the familiar vehicle, familiar person with hat and appropriate GW/RP sticker on the vehicle. Maybe it was a woman who donned the hat and got behind the wheel and drove Mrs. D's car. I think there were 3 people involved and a woman was one of them - the mastermind perhaps. Just kind of bad feeling I get. Of course, cases are not solved by feelings or emotions because if they were... well we all wouldn't be here wishing and hoping for answers in this case.

Oh yes, one more thing. I wonder who bought their boat.

Hmmmm, drug users scoping out stuff to steal...hmmm.... if I hear a noise at night, I throw on all outside lights and release my dogs. If someone is out there, and the survive enough to get off my property, well, more power to them, but bet they won't try that again!!

Anyway,
I don't know. Initially I figured this was a close to home perp, and it would be solved within a few weeks. I still feel it's personal, but I'm not even sure why I feel that way. Will it be solved? I don't know, but pray that it is. There may be enough to make someone a suspect, but not quite enough to lead to an arrest, or a conviction. LE can suspect someone, but must be able to prove why in court. And if this was personal, then I guess getting all the ducks in a row, no matter if it's taking longer than I would like, I guess others aren't in danger. BUT, if it's total random, well then, that's a lot to be hanging over LE's head that the perp or perps might strike again at any time, and then all the people will want answers as to why they weren't caught sooner. And maybe they don't have anything to direct their attention to. If that's the case, then someone either has gotten very, very lucky, or someone was is very, very trained in what they are doing!!! Within any crime scene, you either take away something, or bring something in, either one being evidence.

Constantly looking over my shoulder, awaiting that arrest would fray my nerves, but then again, I'm human and wouldn't be out killing elderly people!! With this case, I think Sills is being smart in not letting the perp or perps know anything about the investigation!! Let them be totally unprepared when in the middle of the night, while they are fast asleep, the SWAT team bust down the doors and arrests them!!!! Yup, don't show your hand until the end.

JMO!!! Though if I was family, I'd be calling weekly for an update! ;) I would want justice for my parents, like NOW!

I have looked for and can't find the posts about SS going to Jones Co to interview some people who got caught for drugs. It was good while ago. Seems like it was a woman and couple of men. Was one of them a Holland?

I think the Dermonds case will eventually be solved, but it looks like we may be in for the long haul. I certainly had hopes we would have a quick resolution.

I was thinking about Mrs. Dermond the other night before I fell asleep and what might have happened (I do this a lot). I began to wonder about the vehicles. If the perps (I think there could be 3 - SS said he believed at least 2) used the Dermonds vehicle to transport the bodies then any fibers obtained might not be useful in tracking down the murderers. I wonder if Mr. or Mrs. Dermond wore any kind of hat when they went out. If the windows of the vehicles were tinted the perps might have used one of their vehicles in whatever went down. For example, they put on Mr. D's hat and drove Mr. D's car to transport Mrs. D's body instead of by water. That way when they drove by the gate the guard would think it was Mr. D coming and going with the familiar vehicle, familiar person with hat and appropriate GW/RP sticker on the vehicle. Maybe it was a woman who donned the hat and got behind the wheel and drove Mrs. D's car. I think there were 3 people involved and a woman was one of them - the mastermind perhaps. Just kind of bad feeling I get. Of course, cases are not solved by feelings or emotions because if they were... well we all wouldn't be here wishing and hoping for answers in this case.

Boots---interesting thoughts...When you mentioned that you thought a woman was involved, it sent chills up my spine!:freakedout:

I have not posted on Websleuths probably since the JonBenet days. But I was curious as to what is being said here about this case. I have not had time to read through all the posts and theories but will try to soon--so I apologize if I might be repeating someone else's thoughts. I have worked in the mental health field for years. Can't help but think that if Mr. Dermond's head was left at the scene after the beheading it would have been made a stronger statement of vengeance toward him--- if that was the intention. It would have increased the shock and horror of the scene. Therefore I am thinking the head was taken for some other reason or use (sorry to portray a graphic scenario here).

I have not posted on Websleuths probably since the JonBenet days. But I was curious as to what is being said here about this case. I have not had time to read through all the posts and theories but will try to soon--so I apologize if I might be repeating someone else's thoughts. I have worked in the mental health field for years. Can't help but think that if Mr. Dermond's head was left at the scene after the beheading it would have been made a stronger statement of vengeance toward him--- if that was the intention. It would have increased the shock and horror of the scene. Therefore I am thinking the head was taken for some other reason or use (sorry to portray a graphic scenario here).

:goodpost:
I am thinking along the same lines. I have always thought the head was taken to hide evidence. There is a recent case out of Michigan where the perp beheaded one of his victims so that the bullets he used couldn't be traced back to him. :moo:

Pardon my rudeness! :sorry: :greetings: :welcome6: Great first post tulsanative! :goodpost: Thank you!

Was it a Waffle House where someone was reported to have come in inquiring about security footage from around the time of the Dermonds' deaths?

If so, just noticing (FWIW, if anything at all) that one is located pretty close to the Cashmere club. (I think. Not too good with the mapping stuff.)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...2!3m1!1s0x88f692bcb6a23183:0xcd9e15348220d87e

ETA: Never mind
-- I think it was the Huddle (not Waffle) House where someone reportedly inquired about the footage. Sorry!

Was it a Waffle House where someone was reported to have come in inquiring about security footage from around the time of the Dermonds' deaths?

If so, just noticing (FWIW, if anything at all) that one is located pretty close to the Cashmere club. (I think. Not too good with the mapping stuff.)
https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...2!3m1!1s0x88f692bcb6a23183:0xcd9e15348220d87e

I think it was the Huddle House, but I could be wrong. Been on vacation but will always have this case on my mind until it's solved. I'm wondering if this arrest is a result of the "other search warrant" Sills said he had out (the first one being for the Dermond's home). He said that it was a result of months of investigation; well, this case is getting close to being 4 months old now. And the woman being on the board, and kicked off - hmmm, pretty hinky coincidence to me. If meth wasn't involved, I might not think much of it - but from what I've read, all sorts of crazy comes with that drug.

Thanks, tulsanative - and WELCOME. I've only been on here since May and it is nice to share info with people who genuinely care.

Suthrnqt, the fraudulent charges (7 in total - Macys.com and Amazon.com) were made between Sept. 20 through Sept. 23, 2012 to their American Express account. It was a $2000 4-day shopping spree. The Dermonds reported it to PCSO on Oct 24, 2012. It didn't appear in the local paper until Nov 8, 2012 and the report originally reported Mrs. Dermonds' first name as Sandra and had to update the article to print Mrs. Dermond's name was Shirley.

Wasn't SS at one time looking into something in OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes