GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are all saying the same thing, just expressing it differently..
In the Zillow photos, the first photo of the kitchen shows a chandelier ... there is a door with a transom onto the screened in porch Photo 2 of kitchen looks like to the right and at right angle is another door to the back deck. It is partly obscured by the island counter but appears to be a door rather than a window. The photo of the exterior of the house looking down the driveway shows the screened in porch. And as someone posted before, the last photo of the back shows what looks like a door from the kitchen.
Regarding a floor plan for the house, have not seen one, qpublic show a "sketch" which is a footprint of the dimensions for tax purposes.
My guess is that friends would pop in through the screened-in porch. It is the most convenient entry. If I were visiting a friend there, I think that is how I would enter.

If the perps popped in thru the screen door to enter kitchen, they were VERY FAMILIAR with the D's but I remember reading something regarding them finding Russell first, so makees me wonder if the garage was up, then they went inside frantically looking for SD

steleheart, got some questions, because i would like for you to elaborate on your theory. Are you saying that the "simplicity and neatness" of the scene is to draw attention to the headless body by contrast rather than conceal the identity of the perp?
Do you think that the perp is local or someone from a more distant past?
And done at this time because the perp was unable to get to mr.d sooner, perhaps because he was incarcerated or institutionalized?
Is the personal satisfaction enough for the killer or is he going to need some recognition of some kind? Would he have done this sort of thing before and do you think he has a bucket list of victims?

oh god

i just have a sick feeling that Mr D's head was removed and taken for a trophy of sorts. i just had a flashback to a movie where the head was found in a jar in a storage unit. can't remember if it was Seven or Silence of the Lambs.

i just have a sick feeling that Mr D's head was removed and taken for a trophy of sorts. i just had a flashback to a movie where the head was found in a jar in a storage unit. can't remember if it was Seven or Silence of the Lambs.

If it could be any worse, that would be it. Hoping the removed body part is in Lake Oconee.

Seven had the wife's head in the box, Silence of the Lambs had the head in a storage unit.

Those types of trophies are usually kept by a killer because they had a sexual desire for the victim's body/parts. I think the head is in the lake.

ok, not mob, not family, not robbery, D's not druggees, nothing sinister in their past

hmmmm

al queda/jihad?

Actually to make it fair, we should consider a woman as the mastermind of this evil deed.

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned," spoken by Zara in Act III, Scene VIII.[2] (This is usually paraphrased as "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned")

Two of Congreve's turns of phrase from The Mourning Bride (1697) have become famous, albeit frequently in misquotation, and often misattributed to William Shakespeare

Seven had the wife's head in the box, Silence of the Lambs had the head in a storage unit.

Those types of trophies are usually kept by a killer because they had a sexual desire for the victim's body/parts. I think the head is in the lake.

I do too. I do not think sexual desire played a role in the Dermond murders.

Although I thought Silence of the Lambs was one of the best movies ever made, it was actually a compilation of several serial killers (I believe, although the article below credits Ed Gein with the inspiration for the movie).

I think of Jeffrey Dahmer when I think of someone taking a head as a "souvenir" or an attempt to keep a part of the victim with them: (WARNING GRAPHIC)

924 North 25th Street

On May 14, 1990, Dahmer moved out of his grandmother's house and into Apartment 213, 924 North 25th Street, taking Anthony Sears' skull, scalp and painted genitals with him.[100] Within one week of his moving into his new apartment, Dahmer had killed his sixth victim, Raymond Smith. Smith was a male prostitute whom Dahmer lured to Apartment 213 with the promise of $50 for sex.[101] At Dahmer's apartment, he gave Smith a drink laced with seven sleeping pills and manually strangled him. The following day, Dahmer purchased a Polaroid camera with which he took several pictures of Smith's body in suggestive positions before dismembering him in the bathroom. The legs, arms and pelvis he boiled in a steel kettle with Soilex, which enabled him to then rinse the bones in his sink;[102] the remainder of Smith's skeleton—excluding the skull—he dissolved in a container he filled with acid. He spray-painted Smith's skull and placed it alongside the skull of Anthony Sears.[103]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Dahmer

This article also talks about how he unintentionally destroyed Edward Smith's skull when it exploded after being placed in the oven to dry. He told LE later he felt "rotten" about Smith's murder because he had been unable to retain any parts of the body (the skeleton of Edward Smith acified when he placed it in the freezer).

Then you have Ed Gein:

Ed Gein has inspired more horror movies, books, and stories in the 20th century than any other serial killer. He was the inspiration behind Psycho, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and The Silence of the Lambs. The House of 1,000 Corpses also is heavily influenced by Gein. Gein grew up on a farm with a dominant, religious mother who was against premarital sex.

http://iml.jou.ufl.edu/projects/Spring05/Charney-Perez/history.htm

Again, warning, this is not for the faint of heart:

He had skulls for bones, mobiles made of noses and *******, belts made of *******, and skin used for lamp shades and chair upholstery.

Gein used the best pieces of skin to make a mask and a skin suit with breasts which he wore at home...

...When the police arrived, they first looked in a shed, where they found Worden's body hanging from a rafter upside down, gutted, with her ******* removed. Her heard was found in a pan on the stove in the kitchen inside the house. Some of her organs were found in a box. Police counted the human skins and skills that adorned the household. They found the many ornaments made out of bones and skin, as well as Gein's "woman suit." They also found a box of *******, one belonging to Gein's mother.

Actually to make it fair, we should consider a woman as the mastermind of this evil deed.

To be fair, but most sane female killers wouldn't chop up a body unless they had to (too big to move in one piece sort of thing). Insane killers do all sorts of weird stuff, and based on the lack of evidence/cleanliness this killer was sane.

And a fair number of serial killers had a sexual attraction to the bodies of deceased victims. I believe it is suspected that even Ted Bundy kept a few heads in a freezer or some such thing. I remember a reference to it in a "Stranger Beside Me", can't recall the details but it was suspected after a few skulls were found, the skulls had less weathering than the corresponding bodies.

Ed Gein influenced a whole lot of films, like a couple of dozen. Psycho was largely based on him, and of course Rob Zombie paid tribute to Gein in House of 1000 Corpses (one of my all time favorite films).

Very interesting information posted, but the Dermonds were murdered by someone very methodical and organized. The logical scenario changes for me depending on what information is leaked, and I'm back to someone in the area. Either Dermond could have been the target. They were probably very fine people, but sometimes it doesn't take much to anger someone who isn't so fine.

The logical scenario changes for me depending on what information is leaked, and I'm back to someone in the area.

I have always thought it was someone in the general area.

Some people manage to get away with a lot of stuff and create a lot of real enemies while never having any real legal difficulties. Not saying that is the case here, just saying I have had the displeasure of meeting a couple of folks like that in the business world and if something very bad happened to them it wouldn't surprise me in the least. Technically the individuals were "upstanding law abiding citizens".

Didn't SS say something like "they haven't found anything that would get a person killed"? I am paraphrasing here. Saying that is a whole lot different than saying "everybody we have talked to said the victim was a wonderful person, we can't imagine who would want to hurt them".

Still looking for the link and found this...they are interviewing at least 8 employees that worked for Durmond 20 years ago. Seems there may have been some disgruntled people in his past.

Now, the sheriff says he has the name of another former employee he plans to interview.

Sills says this person of interest is not deterring efforts to find other potential suspects.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/exclusive-sheriff-has-person-interest-murder-behea/nk9M3/

Two of Congreve's turns of phrase from The Mourning Bride (1697) have become famous, albeit frequently in misquotation, and often misattributed to William Shakespeare

Although I feel that a woman may have been involved in the well planned and meticulously executed Dermond abduction/decapitation/murders.. I am convinced that the signs, evil residue, and other indicators point to a mastermind; a very intelligent psychopathic and sadistic con man who considers himself a God, with a bone to pick..
Imo, the motive has been revealed in the many riddle laden messages available for those who will only digest and comprehend their meanings.. The writing is on the wall and the devil is in the details, imo...

Very interesting information posted, but the Dermonds were murdered by someone very methodical and organized. The logical scenario changes for me depending on what information is leaked, and I'm back to someone in the area. Either Dermond could have been the target. They were probably very fine people, but sometimes it doesn't take much to anger someone who isn't so fine.

Justice must be broken so that wisdom can be reborn. What was once one shall become four. Though the three shall become one, never again will the four be whole.
<snipped from From Brother Malachai's prophecy in Tristram>

no record yet found of Russell Joseph Dermond in WWII records on ancestry, any idea where else to search or how else to search records in ancesty? thanks

no record yet found of Russell Joseph Dermond in WWII records on ancestry, any idea where else to search or how else to search records in ancesty? thanks

While looking for info here:

http://aad.archives.gov/aad/

I found Other info for Russell and Shirley:

"File Unit: Federal Assistance Award Data System, Fourth Quarter FY 1983, 7/1/1983 - 9/30/1983
in the Series: Records About Grants, Insurance, Loans, Subsidies and Other Economic Assistance Awarded by Federal Agencies, created 10/1/1981 - 9/30/2010, documenting the period 10/1/1981 - 9/30/2010. - Record Group 29 (info)"

http://aad.archives.gov/aad/record-...F&q=russell+dermond&bc=&rpp=10&pg=1&rid=42500

"Federal Assistance Award Data System, Third Quarter FY 1983, 4/1/1983 - 6/30/1983
in the Series: Records About Grants, Insurance, Loans, Subsidies and Other Economic Assistance Awarded by Federal Agencies, created 10/1/1981 - 9/30/2010, documenting the period 10/1/1981 - 9/30/2010. - Record Group 29 "

http://aad.archives.gov/aad/record-...F&q=russell+dermond&bc=&rpp=10&pg=1&rid=36985

The recipients city name is Peachtree City, Georgia.

I also found this link, but it looks like a lot might not be online, that a person would have to perhaps write for information:
IMOO.

http://www.archives.gov/research/military/ww2/ww2-participation.pdf

I tried looking at the pictures of the house again at Zillow.com. It's only the map and areal view. When I switch over to the tax records it says the owner is Keith B. Dermond & ET AL.

http://qpublic7.qpublic.net/ga_display.php?county=ga_putnam&KEY=120A008

Zillow.com says the house is off the market. Did the kids take it off the market or did they purchase the house?

http://qpublic7.qpublic.net/ga_display.php?county=ga_putnam&KEY=120A008

I am thinking it has not been Updated Yet, as the link states at the bottom:
" Website Updated: May 5, 2015"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads