ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
just watched a few minutes of the GMA interview with RR... and wow!

the guy wouldn't even answer the first question, and then the second question -actually the first question b/c GG refused to answer the real first question- his lawyer jumps in?? why won't you tell your story gary? you are participating in an interview are you not??? and he seems so hostile. i realize that might be b/c of being held in aruba for all this time but definitely not the way to portray oneself if innocent... or if you want everyone to think you're innocent.

i don't believe him. at all.

p.s. that hair piece? horrible. doesn't match. doesn't look real. HORRIBLE!

...not to mention ABC probably paid a pretty penny for the "exclusive" and his lawyer, Mr Baez, should have given him the DL on protocol when being bought by the networks.

You forgot an ABUSER, both mentally and physically - should that be discounted as well? How can you possibly claim the other women's complaints have nothing to do with this case??? Even the FBI found them relevant.

I guess the same way you can claim other women's complaints DO have something to do with the case.
Of course they are relevent in that they go to the character of GG, but that is all.

http://abcnews.go.com/International...t-past-missing/story?id=14297770#.TtlqK7KVpuQ
"One alleged, in court documents, that he choked her and stuck his hand down her throat after she objected to his swinger lifestyle. The other alleged that he posted photos and letters about her on neighbors' mail boxes, "threatened me ... and told me 'the world would be better off' without me and he could help."

.....and exactly how does their "alleged" claims make GG guilty of murdering RG

Ok! I know I am no ones favorite poster right now, and that's ok. All I am trying to do is play devils advocate.

GG is not a good guy, I get it. But after 4 months in an Aruban prison and countless interrogations Arubam authorities have seen fit to release him on lack of evidence, How is it a court of law cannot find enough evidence to convict him, but you can be so sure he is guilty of murder....just because he is a jerk to women. (and yes I did get this from the Casey Anthony defense)--it was the one thing in that whole mess that actually made sense to me.
So yell at me all you want , until there is some new evidence I will give this guy the benefit of the doubt, sorry .

Than why is he out of jail and back on U.S. soil---Motive please.

Sure he had means and opportunity, anyone can have means and opportunity to kill someone.:waitasec:

Motive is the easiest part of the equation---a million bucks in insurance money.

And no, not everyone has means and opportunity to murder someone. Not if they hope to get away with it. Sure, anyone can stand on a street corner and shoot someone and then be arrested. But if you want to try and get away with the crime, then you need means and opportunity. In other words, a way to get up close and personal. And GG had set that up perfectly. He even went to Aruba on purpose, as people have said that he was quite taken with the Holloway story.

:floorlaugh: yes, that is funny!

Respectfully, that has not been proven. His interview explanation seemed reasonable to me, and I am sure can be verified.

What explanation---that he was forced to buy life insurance for her and put himself as the beneficiary? You believe that?

Ok! I know I am no ones favorite poster right now, and that's ok. All I am trying to do is play devils advocate.

GG is not a good guy, I get it. But after 4 months in an Aruban prison and countless interrogations Arubam authorities have seen fit to release him on lack of evidence, How is it a court of law cannot find enough evidence to convict him, but you can be so sure he is guilty of murder....just because he is a jerk to women. (and yes I did get this from the Casey Anthony defense)--it was the one thing in that whole mess that actually made sense to me.
So yell at me all you want , until there is some new evidence I will give this guy the benefit of the doubt, sorry .[/QUOTE

How can you totally dismiss his past? Even in a court of law the defendent gets the benefit of the doubt if they don't have a prior history. GG has so much history you could write a book about it. To dismiss his abuse against other woman is ludicrious! It's a pattern, just like other's who's husbands or boyfriends have abused them and then finally when they decide to leave (restraining order or no restraining order) they are killed.

just watched a few minutes of the GMA interview with RR... and wow!

the guy wouldn't even answer the first question, and then the second question -actually the first question b/c GG refused to answer the real first question- his lawyer jumps in?? why won't you tell your story gary? you are participating in an interview are you not??? and he seems so hostile. i realize that might be b/c of being held in aruba for all this time but definitely not the way to portray oneself if innocent... or if you want everyone to think you're innocent.

i don't believe him. at all.

p.s. that hair piece? horrible. doesn't match. doesn't look real. HORRIBLE!

Bolded by me-

Giordano is still a suspect in this case, that is why he does not tell his story, it is not in his best interest and his lawyer would have advised him not to do so.

Imagine he would go tell the beach-snorkeling story, the story we have read over and over again, nothing new there if he would tell it again, but given the circumstances he was in, being on television, having his children stand behind him, the host in front of him who may interrupt him at any moment, having been in jail for 4 months, being fed up yet having the desire for people to believe him, there were a number of factors present that could have led to him saying something just to be liked better (like "yes I did look back" while he didn't) or because he was interrupted, or because he would want his sons to be proud of him.
There was a risk he would contradict himself and since he is still a suspect he cannot risk that, even if he would want to Baez would step in immediately. IMO

It's not necessary to take a wife on vacation to benefit from her life insurance policy. If he wanted to trade a woman for money, he would have been better off cashing in on a half or million dollar policy on a spouse than trying to coerce an aspiring 35 year old model to take a trip with him, have her pose for questionable photos and murder her? Furthermore, if he was going to murder her, wouldn't he be smart enough to make sure there was nothing shady about the trip - like the photos?

He's not married and probably for that very reason. jmo

Here is one link to a drowning at Baby Beach in June 2010 (http://www.aruba.com/forum/f10/please-careful-snorkeling-45917/). The link to the British couple drowning no longer works, but that was in 2006. Here's another link to the dangers there: http://www.virtualtourist.com/trave...a/Aruba/Warnings_or_Dangers-Aruba-TG-C-1.html

I did not find anything in your second link to indicate any dangers. It just has the title swallow drowning. There are not lifeguards on duty in Aruba so it is always swimming at your own risk the same as if you were on the beach in the US. It's an island surrounded by water where most people go to enjoy the water and the beach so some drownings will happen same as with anywhere. No special dangers just the common ones you would expect to find in any beach area. I had asked a local how many people drown a year and they said at least a couple. But it can happen anywhere. jmo

Did I say that she "expected" to be killed? I think you misunderstood my comment. I just said she "knew" the kind of man she was going to Aruba!!
Of course she didn't "pack" her suitcases to be killed. Geez! Is that really what you think I said?:waitasec:

Right ... so GG paid for travel insurance for his Aruba trip, and no one expected that anyone would be disappeared or killed during the trip - routine travel insurance.

Yes, I heard that that's why Robyn went. She was depressed about losing her job and thought getting away would do her good. Little did she know she was traveling with Satan himself.

That probably came from her roommate, who did everything she could to discourage Robyn from taking free trips with guys she met on the internet. The first time GG offered her a trip, the roommate manage to get her to New York instead.

So yell at me all you want , until there is some new evidence I will give this guy the benefit of the doubt, sorry .

I have no problem with you, I disagree with your posts - in particular leaving out "abuser" on your list of short-comings as regards GG.

Of course they don't have enough evidence - unless there's a video of the murder, with sound and a date stamp, there's no evidence. The Aruban justice system is a joke. Their primary source of income is mired in sex trafficking and cocaine - and that only happens when there's government involvement.

I get where you're coming from though, had it not been for "devil's advocates", Casey Anthony would be settling in for the night with her unlucky cell mate right about now.

What does a restraining order mean to you? He's a wonderful fun loving guy? I'm sorry, but anyone who has tried to strangle one woman and God only knows what he did to the other one is capable of anything. He is one sick puppy

My only comment is that although one of GG's former girlfriends alleges abuse and police have video of the incident (from a few years ago), no charges have been filed.

Bolded by me-

Giordano is still a suspect in this case, that is why he does not tell his story, it is not in his best interest and his lawyer would have advised him not to do so.

Imagine he would go tell the beach-snorkeling story, the story we have read over and over again, nothing new there if he would tell it again, but given the circumstances he was in, being on television, having his children stand behind him, the host in front of him who may interrupt him at any moment, having been in jail for 4 months, being fed up yet having the desire for people to believe him, there were a number of factors present that could have led to him saying something just to be liked better (like "yes I did look back" while he didn't) or because he was interrupted, or because he would want his sons to be proud of him.
There was a risk he would contradict himself and since he is still a suspect he cannot risk that, even if he would want to Baez would step in immediately. IMO

But the truth doesn't have versions. jmo

I find it interesting that someone would think that having a violent history with women should not be a consideration in this case. jmo

BEM: :floorlaugh: Two words - Joran Vandersloot.

The motive is obvious - insurance money.

He had followed the Holloway case and may have believed Nancy Grace when she claimed, loud and wide, that Aruban investigators were bumbling fools.

GG didn't have insurnace money on Robyn, he had taken out travel insurance for their Aruban trip ... bit of a difference. If his motive was to murder her for travel insurance money, why did he leave such a sordid trail of exploitation in his wake ... like the sexually explicit incriminating photos on his camera.

He's a sleezy guy, but he's not stupid.

Right ... so GG paid for travel insurance for his Aruba trip, and no one expected that anyone would be disappeared or killed during the trip - routine travel insurance.

How do you explain his telling the ticket agent, after knowing Robyn had disappeared, that she was taking another flight? I'm sort of stuck on that one.

He had followed the Holloway case and may have believed Nancy Grace when she claimed, loud and wide, that Aruban investigators were bumbling fools.

GG didn't have insurnace money on Robyn, he had taken out travel insurance for their Aruban trip ... bit of a difference. If his motive was to murder her for travel insurance money, why did he leave such a sordid trail of exploitation in his wake ... like the sexually explicit incriminating photos on his camera.

Ummm, he is not in prison....because he also knows the pictures are not proof of murder - in fact, these pictures were probably a way for someone sleazy, like GG, to say Robyn was asking for something sordid to happen to her.

What explanation---that he was forced to buy life insurance for her and put himself as the beneficiary? You believe that?

Let's wait to see the paperwork ... was it indeed a situation where buying his own travel insurance, his travel companion was included in the paperwork or not.

Well, it seems like it is working out just fine for him. The sleazy pix just make people less likely to fight for her. It makes her look like a fool, like someone who would get drunk and go snorkeling and drown, never to be seen again. As I said, it is working in his favor. Smart man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa