General Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn't only one single but at the minimum 4 reasons to mention the bedroom door was locked :D

1. To cover up there could be an argument/fight downstairs.

2. To explain, Reeva only could have gone into the bathroom while he brought in the fan.

3. To explain, why he went into the bathroom - confronting himself danger - to protect Reeva who couldn't leave the bedroom.

4. To explain, why there was no other opportunity to deliver from danger.

I guess, his DT was fully aware this casual remark could prevent a lot of questions.

Good points.

To turn a key and open a door just takes a second and that someone feels trapped because of that doesn't seem logical to me..
Trapped would rather suggest a locked door with no key imo.
But still he mentioned this bedroom door locked thing in the affidavit.prob. to strengthen compassion and pity..or was there another reason ?

I just believe that he locked the bedroom door after the shots when he was making the covers and the phone calls and then deleting and encryting phones until he and the scene was ready to call the securities.. I'm sure the domestic had the keys of his house , or maybe the EM .. and somebody could rush in upon the sound of the shots all of a sudden when he was unready and it would be a mess ..

It also seems weird the domestic living in a place in his own garden so close to OP didn't hear anything beacuse of the sound of waterfall in the garden. Was that the Niagara waterfall over there ? I just dont buy that either . Waterfall prob had a very low and relaxing noise not bothering people living there.. and it is very possible to me the domestic (is she living there alone or have a husband with her working for OP also ? )
was hearing the arguments and the shouts and and prob.might be the first person/s rushing in there after the at least 3-4 shots ...

Maybe just maybe locked bedroom door and open front door details which are both odd are somehow connected to each other..

As I said maybe the domestic/s came over there to check if OP was OK ,
called him and saw the bedroom door locked and he called them he is fine , an accident happened and go and call the ambulance and she got out of the house in panic leaving the front door open..

Then the EM arrived and OP told them that he had opened the front door before..

And the domestic was told to tell the police that she hadn't heard anything .. it was an accident and OP was not guily but that would harm OP's case and so be silent.

Just speculating and JMO.

I also tend to believe the sofa was located in the bedroom ..Otherwise how would the blood splatters get on the sofa if it was located downstairs and the estate manager and neighbor arrived just when he was on the stairs carrying her down ? hence we dont see a sofa just under the stairs..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21516202

In this reconstruction floor lay- out of bedroom area, very strange why a sofa is depicted outside of OP's bedroom door in an area referred to as the 'informal lounge' in the BH floor plan, with no other sofa depicted in the main bedroom or anywhere else in the above bedrooms floor lay- out.

Even if a sofa was placed in this position the blood spatter could only be deposited on the left arm (as you would sit on it) not the right arm ( as on the crime scene sofa) as he would pass carrying Reeva. Unless the sofa was positioned elsewhere in this 'informal lounge' area.

Seeing that there is no sofa under the stairs, or anywhere near the stairs in the crime- scene photos, how could blood from carrying Reeva get deposited on a sofa other than the route he would walk from the bathroom to the foyer.

If the crime scene sofa was the couch Botha spoke of on the left side of bed, then according to OP's account in his affidavit there should be no blood on that couch. The couch would be positioned to the left of the bedroom passage from bathroom , he would turn right if carrying Reeva at the end of the passage towards the bedroom door and onwards to the stairs.

Good points.

To turn a key and open a door just takes a second and that someone feels trapped because of that doesn't seem logical to me..
Trapped would rather suggest a locked door with no key imo.
But still he mentioned this bedroom door locked thing in the affidavit.prob. to strengthen compassion and pity..or was there another reason ?

I just believe that he locked the bedroom door after the shots when he was making the covers and the phone calls and then deleting and encryting phones until he and the scene was ready to call the securities.. I'm sure the domestic had the keys of his house , or maybe the EM .. and somebody could rush in upon the sound of the shots all of a sudden when he was unready and it would be a mess ..

It also seems weird the domestic living in a place in his own garden so close to OP didn't hear anything beacuse of the sound of waterfall in the garden. Was that the Niagara waterfall over there ? I just dont buy that either . Waterfall prob had a very low and relaxing noise not bothering people living there.. and it is very possible to me the domestic (is she living there alone or have a husband with her working for OP also ? )
was hearing the arguments and the shouts and and prob.might be the first person/s rushing in there after the at least 3-4 shots ...

Maybe just maybe locked bedroom door and open front door details which are both odd are somehow connected to each other..

As I said maybe the domestic/s came over there to check if OP was OK ,
called him and saw the bedroom door locked and he called them he is fine , an accident happened and go and call the ambulance and she got out of the house in panic leaving the front door open..

Then the EM arrived and OP told them that he had opened the front door before..

And the domestic was told to tell the police that she hadn't heard anything .. it was an accident and OP was not guily but that would harm OP's case and so be silent.

Just speculating and JMO.

Excellent points Murder Servant, its so obvious that his affidavit has been concocted after the killing to try and fit the crime scene findings. Hopefully the pros forensic team are diligent in their work and dedicated in a search for Justice for the victim, and have found evidence that will be impossible for him to try explain away.

Also, as you say , imagine a water feature noise drowning out the sound of gunfire. IMO the domestic who conjured up that yarn should be locked up for being a bare-faced liar lol.

Snipped

A few days ago I found this interesting video - hope you can watch it, too :)

Oscar Pistorius Crime Scene Animation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9Ae0aQCLv-c

Unfortunately, OP is shown like wearing his prosthesis from the beginning :)

But at 4:18 you can see how Reeva sat at the toilet - if she really sat there when Oscar fired his shots through the door.

As we know she was hit only at the right side of her body so there must have been traces of blood on THIS side of the toilet bowl

And now remind the leaked photo with the traces of blood in the toilet which showed a large pool of blood on the ground of the middle resp. the OTHER side of the toilet bowl - this would be the LEFT side of Reeva's body.

Even the traces of blood on the toilet seat were mostly on this (wrong) side.

In addition, there was only one large pool of blood on the floor but Reeva was also hit in the hip and arm.

Although perhaps most of the blood of her hip wound was absorbed by her clothing and / or this wound bled inwards, there should be another spot of blood from this wound on the floor.

Next point: OP claimed in his affidavit he battled to get Reeva out of the toilet and pulled her into the bathroom.

Reeva had long hair and her hair were full of blood because of the head wound. If he pulled her into the bathroom wouldn't her hair left more bloody sanding marks?

To me - nothing of this photo fits to OP's affidavit.

First of all, let me say "Hello" and that I've been following this case on WS since the beginning. I've lurked long enough and now feel the need to jump in regarding this photo. I agree that nothing about this fits OP's affidavit.

I know little about blood splatter but I do know that the lack of blood is also important. If all the shots were on her right side, why is all the blood on the left side of toilet and there doesn't appear to be ANY blood on a large section of the floor to right of the toilet? Is it because perhaps she collapsed on the floor with her facing the toilet and bleeding out on the right side? If so, how did she get this way?

Possible scenarios:
1. She standing or crouched to the left of the toilet with her right side exposed when shot and remained there bleeding out for some time? (I don't think there was much room for this and even so, where are the blood splatters and what about the section of floor without blood?)
2. She was sitting on the on the toilet and the first bullet knocked her off to the left side of the toilet so she was still hit on the right side with the remaining bullets? (Still having trouble making this work, especially since her pants were up.)
3. She was just standing up (possibly from using the toilet) when struck by all the bullets with the last one spinning her around resulting in her resting on the floor with her right side bleeding out on the left side of the toilet. (Again, where is the blood splatters on the wall?)
4. She was not originally shot in the bathroom.

Still, it just doesn't make sense so obviously there is a piece of the puzzle we are missing as Botha was so sure he knew what he was seeing immediately upon arrival.

I'm also curious as to the times that each of the people arrived at the house. They had to enter through the gates so they should be on security cam as well with a time stamp. How does this compare with when the police were called?

As far as the phones are concerned, I'm not sure what encrypted means but surely info can still be obtained from the phones. Even then, any texts or phones calls that Reeva made that night will still show up on the receiving end phone so hopefully any friends or family she contacted would hopefully turn their phones over to police to help with the investigation.

Last but not least, I think we can all agree that the autopsy will shed much light as well. I'm curious if they will be able to tell if Reeva had been crying that night. It's possible according to this unrelated case: "The autopsy report showed Cari’s tear ducts were swollen from hours of crying before her death." http://www.clarkprosecutor.org/html/death/US/clark1070.htm

First of all, let me say "Hello" and that I've been following this case on WS since the beginning. I've lurked long enough and now feel the need to jump in regarding this photo. I agree that nothing about this fits OP's affidavit.

I know little about blood splatter but I do know that the lack of blood is also important. If all the shots were on her right side, why is all the blood on the left side of toilet and there doesn't appear to be ANY blood on a large section of the floor to right of the toilet? Is it because perhaps she collapsed on the floor with her facing the toilet and bleeding out on the right side? If so, how did she get this way?

Possible scenarios:
1. She standing or crouched to the left of the toilet with her right side exposed when shot and remained there bleeding out for some time? (I don't think there was much room for this and even so, where are the blood splatters and what about the section of floor without blood?)
2. She was sitting on the on the toilet and the first bullet knocked her off to the left side of the toilet so she was still hit on the right side with the remaining bullets? (Still having trouble making this work, especially since her pants were up.)
3. She was just standing up (possibly from using the toilet) when struck by all the bullets with the last one spinning her around resulting in her resting on the floor with her right side bleeding out on the left side of the toilet. (Again, where is the blood splatters on the wall?)

Still, it just doesn't make sense so obviously there is a piece of the puzzle we are missing as Botha was so sure he knew what he was seeing immediately upon arrival.

I'm also curious as to the times that each of the people arrived at the house. They had to enter through the gates so they should be on security cam as well with a time stamp. How does this compare with when the police were called?

As far as the phones are concerned, I'm not sure what encrypted means but surely info can still be obtained from the phones. Even then, any texts or phones calls that Reeva made that night will still show up on the receiving end phone so hopefully any friends or family she contacted would hopefully turn their phones over to police to help with the investigation.

Last but not least, I think we can all agree that the autopsy will shed much light as well. I'm curious if they will be able to tell if Reeva had been crying that night. It's possible according to this unrelated case: "The autopsy report showed Cari’s tear ducts were swollen from hours of crying before her death."
http://www.clarkprosecutor.org/html/death/US/clark1070.htm

:welcome5:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?featur...=/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9Ae0aQCLv-c

In the video above posted by pist-olius at the point where OP goes back to the bed to check for Reeva he leaves the gun on the bedside cabinet, does not appear to carry it back to the bathroom. When he goes back again to the bedroom to get the bat the gun is still on the bedside cabinet. Then when he has dragged Reeva out at the end the gun is on the bathroom floor.

This brought to mind that in an earlier thread I asked why would OP, after he fired four shots and called out to Reeva with no response and backtracks to the bed, eyes trained on the bathroom door (obviously gun would still be in hand ) to check for Reeva but she was not in the bed. Why would he not leave the gun on the bed / bedroom, since according to his affidavit he knew at that point that it had to be Reeva in the toilet.

With an intruder no longer a perceived threat and in an supposed rush to save Reeva, why carry a gun on stumps back to the bathroom, leaving it on the mat, it makes no sense .

IMO he either dropped it there immediately after he shot, knowing full well there was never any threat from that toilet, that Reeva was behind that door, or as murder - servant in the earlier thread pointed out there could have been blood already on the gun.

What better way to explain blood away than to leave the gun or any already bloodied item at the scene, near to where Reeva was supposedly dragged out onto the-bathroom floor. Just as he may well have been covering for any blood in certain areas in his house, by lifting her and carrying Reeva downstairs.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?featur...=/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9Ae0aQCLv-c

In the video above posted by pist-olius at the point where OP goes back to the bed to check for Reeva he leaves the gun on the bedside cabinet, does not appear to carry it back to the bathroom. When he goes back again to the bedroom to get the bat the gun is still on the bedside cabinet. Then when he has dragged Reeva out at the end the gun is on the bathroom floor.

This brought to mind that in an earlier thread I asked why would OP, after he fired four shots and called out to Reeva with no response and backtracks to the bed, eyes trained on the bathroom door (obviously gun would still be in hand ) to check for Reeva but she was not in the bed. Why would he not leave the gun on the bed / bedroom, since according to his affidavit he knew at that point that it had to be Reeva in the toilet.

BIB1 With an intruder no longer a perceived threat and in an supposed rush to save Reeva, why carry a gun on stumps back to the bathroom, leaving it on the mat, it makes no sense .

IMO he either dropped it there immediately after he shot, knowing full well there was never any threat from that toilet, that Reeva was behind that door, or as murder - servant in the earlier thread pointed out
BIB2 there could have been blood already on the gun.

What better way to explain blood away than to leave the gun or any already bloodied item at the scene, near to where Reeva was supposedly dragged out onto the-bathroom floor. Just as he may well have been covering for any blood in certain areas in his house, by lifting her and carrying Reeva downstairs.

BIB 1. I agree Whiterum..Very good findings..
BIB 2. And if there had been blood already on the gun ,that means she was not shot behind the door...

(prob. the first and the fatal shot was not behind the door then imo)

Pistorius claims it was pitch dark in the house but Reeva seemed to manage to walk/run to the bathroom and lock the door all in pitch darkness and without making any noise whatsoever. Seems very unlikely indeed.

Life would be easier for OP if he could prove that Reeva was sitting and making her toilet .. No arguments , no hiding , everything was normal and she was just sitting and making her toilet.. He could well prove that easily...

If there was no bullet hole in her shorts,
defence would say that her shorts was down..so she was sitting .Period.

But that was not the case imo and there was that unfortunate bullet hole on her shorts becaue of that hip wound..
And the defence could not use that argument..
Just If poor Oscar could remember and pull her shorts down before shooting her.. world would be a a better place for him..

Possible scenarios:
BIB1. She standing or crouched to the left of the toilet with her right side exposed when shot and remained there bleeding out for some time? (I don't think there was much room for this and even so, where are the blood splatters and what about the section of floor without blood?)

Last but not least, I think we can all agree that the autopsy will shed much light as well. I'm curious if they will be able to tell if Reeva had been crying that night. It's possible according to this unrelated case: "The autopsy report showed Cari’s tear ducts were swollen from hours of crying before her death." http://www.clarkprosecutor.org/html/death/US/clark1070.htm

BIB.. Excellent.. There is exactly no space on the left side of the toilet for Reeva to be able to put her hip on the toilet side..look at the parquet on the floor. That space must be max 25-30 cm..My toilet is that close to the wall , I tried myself and couldn't sit that side of it cause the legs no way fit there..

So how come that pale but broad blood get there is a big question for me now?? both left and also the back edge is a lot of bloody..Any comments?

I forgot to add the larger photo.. its a few posts above...
OP leaked toilet.jpg

Pistorius claims it was pitch dark in the house but Reeva seemed to manage to walk/run to the bathroom and lock the door all in pitch darkness and without making any noise whatsoever. Seems very unlikely indeed.

Exactly, when you go over most the detail in his affidavit it is very unlikely.

For example Roux said in response to Nel that Reeva would have locked herself in the toilet when she heard OP call out " get out of my house, Reeva call the police" thinking a burglar was in the bathroom and that is why she did not respond from the toilet.

But in his affidavit OP supposedly believes there is an intruder in the bathroom and that Reeva was still in the bedroom. Why would he not think twice and quickly check when she did not respond from the bedroom when he screamed out to her, on his way to the confront supposed intruder.

Especially since in his affidavit, her lack of response from the bedroom to his shout out to her from the bathroom, after he riddles the toilet door with bullets suddenly makes him realise it could be Reeva in the toilet. It is only after it is too late and the deed is done, does he supposedly go back to check the bed. Wouldn't he be more likely to realise it could be her in the Bathroom when she did not respond immediately to his scream from the passageway, rather than his shout from the Bathroom.

Balderdash!

I noticed something...

'When I reached the bed, I realized that Reeva was not in bed.That is when it dawned on me that it COULD have been Reeva who was in the toilet. '

Let's see what OP does after shooting.

1-Goes to bathroom shoots
2-Comes to bedroom and it dawns on him.
3-Goes to bathroom calling her name.
4-Comes to bedroom ,opens tha balcony, yells, put on legs.
5-Goes to bathroom to kick the door.
6-Comes to bedroom , grabs the cricket bat
7-Goes to bathroom , bashs open the toilet door.

Hadn't poor Oscar felt trapped there.? Why NOT open the bedroom door in between those actions. He didn't mention that Reeva from inside ever responded to him. Isn't that odd him not opening the bedroom door first and calling downstairs Reeava? Are you there ? Maybe she was thirsty or hungry and was in the kitchen ? He never checked that..

OR is that because somebody (i.e. domestic) saw the bedrom door locked and he couldn't mention that he opened the bedroom door and that bedroom door had to seem locked for a while.

Says it COULD have been Reeva meaning apparently it could NOT have been also.JMO

In one of Pisto's previous posts , he mentioned that after wounded by gunshots, people somehow with adrenalin could move /walk/ even run and do incredible actions at least a few minutes..and there were articles and examples abt that in his post..

I wonder Reeva's real death reason according to the reports.. Was that a sudden death because of the head wound or did she survive a while and was conscious .. and later passed away from blood loss ?

OP mentioned that she was alive but no mention whether she was conscious or not..Because if that was the case and Reeva was conscious then Reeva could make herself to turn the door key and no need for OP to grab the cricket bat and break the door..and that cricket bat wouldn't get bloody. !!!

So it shouldn't be hard for prosecution to evaluate Reeva's actions and
capabilities after the shots according to her wounds IMO..

I conclude, I insist that he used the cricket bat for hitting her first ..
Don't know if I'm clear enough and make any sense though..JMO

I noticed something...

'When I reached the bed, I realized that Reeva was not in bed.That is when it dawned on me that it COULD have been Reeva who was in the toilet. '

Let's see what OP does after shooting.

1-Goes to bathroom shoots
2-Comes to bedroom and it dawns on him.
3-Goes to bathroom calling her name.
4-Comes to bedroom ,opens tha balcony, yells, put on legs.
5-Goes to bathroom to kick the door.
6-Comes to bedroom , grabs the cricket bat
7-Goes to bathroom , bashs open the toilet door.

Hadn't poor Oscar felt trapped there.? Why NOT open the bedroom door in between those actions. He didn't mention that Reeva from inside ever responded to him. Isn't that odd him not opening the bedroom door first and calling downstairs Reeava? Are you there ? Maybe she was thirsty or hungry and was in the kitchen ? He never checked that..

OR is that because somebody (i.e. domestic) saw the bedrom door locked and he couldn't mention that he opened the bedroom door and that bedroom door had to seem locked for a while.

Says it COULD have been Reeva meaning apparently it could NOT have been also.JMO

Yes, by inserting 'could ' he is covering himself for that question as to why he brought the gun back to the bathroom but his answer will be implausible no matter what. If he felt at that point it only 'could ' have been Reeva then in his mind it could still be an intruder/s lurking behind the door. So why would he feel safe enough to immediately go back in front of the door and try the lock. Safe enough to stand vulnerable in front of the door and beat it in with a bat. In any case why would he not just walk a few more steps, check for a ladder up to open bathroom window. No ladder, no intruder/s, unless they were Batman and Robin.

BIB - sorry, but objection :D

OP claims Reeva must have gone to the bathroom while he was at the balcony so, at this time the balcony door, curtains and blinds were open and it not yet was pitch dark in the bedroom (and the passage to the bathroom). And because or while he was at the balcony he couldn't hear noises made by Reeva. Only when he closed the door, curtains and blinds he heard "a noise" from the bathroom - but he didn't explain WHAT kind of noise he heard :)

But to me, there are some other questions:

- OP claimed Reeva slept on the right side of the bed - the side where the large balcony door/window is.

As he awoke and went to the balcony he passed the bed - door, curtains and blinds were open and it wasn't pitch dark in the bedroom at this time. But he didn't notice whether Reeva lay in the bed or not ???

- And when Reeva awoke, she didn't notice OP was at the balcony? She didn't notice that he - her handicapped lover - tried to bring a heavy fan into the bedroom but directly went into the bathroom? She didn't go out on the balcony and asked, "What are you doing here in the middle of the night, may I help you?"

A couple - so "deeply in love" - and no one took care of the others ???

Life would be easier for OP if he could prove that Reeva was sitting and making her toilet .. No arguments , no hiding , everything was normal and she was just sitting and making her toilet.. He could well prove that easily...

If there was no bullet hole in her shorts,
defence would say that her shorts was down..so she was sitting .Period.

But that was not the case imo and there was that unfortunate bullet hole on her shorts becaue of that hip wound..
And the defence could not use that argument..
Just If poor Oscar could remember and pull her shorts down before shooting her.. world would be a a better place for him..

Unfortunately you are mistaken :D

How they want to explain this suspicious bullet fallen inside the toilet bowl when Reeva was sitting and making her toilet - with or without a bullet hole in her shorts?

I would say: With this "proof" they knocked themselves out :floorlaugh:

Since two days I thought about the crime scene photos with bloodstains in the toilet and bathroom once more because several things are odd in these photos.

But now I'm too tired to give my thoughts about it. I will do it later :)

Anyway - there were alot of interesting considerations in your posts, really great! :clap:

Sleep well with sweet dreams - see/read you later :eek:fftobed:

Especially since in his affidavit, her lack of response from the bedroom to his shout out to her from the bathroom, after he riddles the toilet door with bullets suddenly makes him realise it could be Reeva in the toilet. It is only after it is too late and the deed is done, does he supposedly go back to check the bed. Wouldn't he be more likely to realise it could be her in the Bathroom when she did not respond immediately to his scream from the passageway, rather than his shout from the Bathroom.

Balderdash!

To me, the eeriest thing about that affidavit is the total silence from Reeva at any point therein.

BIB - sorry, but objection :D

OP claims Reeva must have gone to the bathroom while he was at the balcony so, at this time the balcony door, curtains and blinds were open and it not yet was pitch dark in the bedroom (and the passage to the bathroom). And because or while he was at the balcony he couldn't hear noises made by Reeva. Only when he closed the door, curtains and blinds he heard "a noise" from the bathroom - but he didn't explain WHAT kind of noise he heard :)

But to me, there are some other questions:

- OP claimed Reeva slept on the right side of the bed - the side where the large balcony door/window is.

As he awoke and went to the balcony he passed the bed - door, curtains and blinds were open and it wasn't pitch dark in the bedroom at this time. But he didn't notice whether Reeva lay in the bed or not ???

- And when Reeva awoke, she didn't notice OP was at the balcony? She didn't notice that he - her handicapped lover - tried to bring a heavy fan into the bedroom but directly went into the bathroom? She didn't go out on the balcony and asked, "What are you doing here in the middle of the night, may I help you?"

A couple - so "deeply in love" - and no one took care of the others ???

Very good points Pisto! Also why would any one in his position with a disability ever feel the need to close both blinds and curtains leaving the bedroom in pitch darkness. If he were in need thereafter to use the bathroom through the night with a partner in his bed , he would have to switch on a light each time and disturb them in the process.

Obviously he never closed them when he retired for the night, so is it usual that he then gets up at 3am and does so. Also why not just leave that massive fan where it stood on the balcony as judging by the way it is positioned in the crime scene photos it is too close to other items to be placed in an ideal spot to be used. So what point other than to bolster his lame affidavit was there in embarking on these sudden, jump out of bed activities, on his stumps, at 3am in the morning .

Also the player in the video appears to have a small lit blue stand -by light. You can actually see the digital display wording DPC Film. I'm sure there were other electrical appliances around his bedroom with lit stand-by indicator lights, giving at least some light in the supposed pitch dark room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard