Pop-Up Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting the leave/stay popup on this site. I've cleared cookies, reset the browser, used malarebytes and roguekiller. It just started happening about a week ago. Any ideas?

I get pop-up ads every day, telling me I've won something. Like Betty Davis Eyes, there's are zero issues on Websleuths when I'm not logged in, but as soon as I log in WS loads very slowly, freezes constantly and doesn't type correctly when I try to post. It's constantly freezing and reloading mid-post, so I have to start all over again. I clear cookies and cache all the time, but this problem persists. I'm mostly on my iPhone using Safari, but it does the same exact thing (slow loading, freezing, typing issues) on our desktop whether I use i.e., chrome or Firefox. I KNOW it's not a device or server issue because it doesn't happen on any other site when I use my phone or desktop. Only only Websleuths.

I get pop-up ads every day, telling me I've won something. Like Betty Davis Eyes, there's are zero issues on Websleuths when I'm not logged in, but as soon as I log in WS loads very slowly, freezes constantly and doesn't type correctly when I try to post. It's constantly freezing and reloading mid-post, so I have to start all over again. I clear cookies and cache all the time, but this problem persists. I'm mostly on my iPhone using Safari, but it does the same exact thing (slow loading, freezing, typing issues) on our desktop whether I use i.e., chrome or Firefox. I KNOW it's not a device or server issue because it doesn't happen on any other site when I use my phone or desktop. Only only Websleuths.

IPad and Safari, It is awful. Everything you said

I won't try the iPad again for WS due to that "You've Won" takeover.

This morning after my "you've WON!" notice, I closed the iPad WiFi connection, then re-opened Safari & was able to close the tab.

For me on a Windows laptop, the page jumping is tied to the video travel ads, such as No Hassle at Prague Castle. However, this is much, mch improved after reporting on the Site SLuggishness thread.

Hope this helps someone, I do believe that our WebSLeuths site managers are working to fix any problem we report, they just need enough information from us to define the problem before they can identify & explain the solution.

I've been having this problem, too, except I'm redirected to a "you've won" gift card scam and can't exit the pg. without another full screen ad taking it's place ... and then another. The popups won't let me get back to Websleuths no matter what I do, so I've just about given up. :{ *h*e*l*p*!

I'm on safari/iPad. For the past few weeks this has been happening dIly when i come to WS first thing in the morning. I have to close out theoage and start over to get rid of it. It's only on WS.i also can't edit and have delayed typing going on.

I've been having this problem, too, except I'm redirected to a "you've won" gift card scam and can't exit the pg. without another full screen ad taking it's place ... and then another. The popups won't let me get back to Websleuths no matter what I do, so I've just about given up. :{ *h*e*l*p*!
This is happening to me almost every time i log onto WS.

The ad saying I have won is happening to me constantly, but only on WS. I am always on an iPad using Safari. I can do nothing other than close out the page and start over. I have posted about this in two other help threads here (with a screen shot) but have seen no response.

The only way I can work around this is to use an ad-blocker, which I realize WS would prefer we not do.

My other posts about "you have won" were
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-or-site-redirect-!!!&p=13439707#post13439707

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?324150-Site-sluggishness&p=13445646#post13445646

I have gotten at least 15 'Congratulations....you have won...' today trying to follow the Bella Bond trial on here. This started about a week ago on my iPad & phone. I see others have complained about this also.

The ad saying I have won is happening to me constantly, but only on WS. I am always on an iPad using Safari. I can do nothing other than close out the page and start over. I have posted about this in two other help threads here (with a screen shot) but have seen no response.

The only way I can work around this is to use an ad-blocker, which I realize WS would prefer we not do.

My other posts about "you have won" were
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-or-site-redirect-!!!&p=13439707#post13439707

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?324150-Site-sluggishness&p=13445646#post13445646

Happening to me constantly also! It's very very annoying. There is no way to navigate away from the page when it happens. I had ******* installed but I had removed it awhile back because I felt bad knowing WS needs those ads for revenue. I am about to reinstall it though as that pop up makes the site virtually unusable.

Same when I am on my Kindle. Have to close the site and start over.
No problems on computer because I have .
Thanks for everyone's responses. Going to try some of the fixes suggested.

Holding my breath. Waiting for the next hijack. I was trying to insert screen shots to report it etc, but kept getting redirected. :( did everything, cleared history, cache, reset router... On ipad, happened at 9:53 on this forum when clicking to start a new thread on forum finesse front page. Finally gave up. Only happens on WS. Today is the worst day ever for them for me.

Eta, my thanks dont work either :( so all my fellow redirect sufferers consider yourself thanked. :)

I have alerted to this recent problem with the hope it will get the attention of the proper person to help us.

I have alerted to this recent problem with the hope it will get the attention of the proper person to help us.

Thank you Spellbound! I hope someone fixes this!

I'm still being Congratulated today...geez, I wish this was because I won the lottery and not because of an internet hijack!

Just a reminder that it helps most if you post what apparatus and browser you are using when this happens. (iPad, iPhone, laptop, PC, etc.) ( Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrime, etc. )

Just a reminder that it helps most if you post what apparatus and browser you are using when this happens. (iPad, iPhone, laptop, PC, etc.) ( Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrime, etc. )

I get the pop up on both my phone and my Kindle. My phone is an LG. I use Chrome 59 on both of these devices. ( I don't get the pop up when I am using my laptop. I use Firefox on the laptop).

iPad .......safari".........boom...yeah, I get them constantly!

I get the pop up on both my phone and my Kindle. My phone is an LG. I use Chrome 59 on both of these devices. ( I don't get the pop up when I am using my laptop. I use Firefox on the laptop).

I never get them on my PC (Firefox browser), only on my iPads that I use almost exclusively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member