Pop-Up Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only had pop up problems on my phone with WS so I never use my phone. I always use my laptop and don't have any problems. I do use though.

It just started in my phone today and I haven't had a chance to check my pc yet. It only pops up when I open WS so I'm really irritated. I'd rather not leave the forum but I can't stand getting cut off from a thread when the ad pops up.

I haven't read prior posts yet so I'm hoping there's a fix for this - when the ad pops up the WS site goes away so after closing the damn ad I have to start all over again.

So frustrating!!

the pop-up ad showed when I opened THIS thread and yes, took over the entire page which meant WS also closed when I x'd out of the ad ... I'm on my home PC (using chrome) because I can't stand the tapatalk app.

Just switched from my laptop to my phone (sitting in bed watching tv) and the first thing that happened when I opened WS was that gift card pop up. :( Ugh

This happens all the time I'm on my android phone(using Chrome). I have to close the tab, go to Google home page, go to settings, go to privacy, open that, scroll down to clear browsing data, and then clear for the last hour. That usually works for a few days. Then it starts again.

Websleuths, I'm really glad that Facebook has selected me to be a millionaire. Unfortunately, I simply can't afford to waste any more time fighting off ads and spam every time I try to load a page here. It never used to be like this, you've ruined the site. Seriously.

Is anyone even paying attention?

And yes. Every browser. Every device. Same thing. I clear my cache and cookies. It really is not me...it's you.

So frustrating. I ran numerous virus scans. Removed all apps since I joined WS.. Factory Reset. Go to all other sites , etc, no probs. First visit to WS , bam! Starts again. It's only on this site. I don't open links posted thru the threads to various media, etc reported. Just frustrating. Tapatalk allows me to read threads, but navigation is horrid. Things we do to keep being a member!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

It's got to be a WS ad. It's happened twice since I got to the site just now and it's only been a couple of minutes!

iPhone....safari. Repeatedly for the last 3 day and only when I'm on Websleuths. While Tapatalk is easy to read, I can never find my spot and navigating around the threads is hard.

Yesterday was marvelous! I used my laptop all day and no issues. This morning I logged into WS on my phone..oh look! I won a gift card! :( Is anyone reading this thread? Helllloooo?! We need help, please!

Yeah, I just returned to WS last month from a 5 month hiatus (which was needful after working many many cases in 2016). I've never had this issue in all my years on WS beginning in 2004! I'm just about ready to call it quits here if the problem isn't acknowledged. There are far better and more productive ways to spend my time than dodging spam.

Websleuths, I'm really glad that Facebook has selected me to be a millionaire. Unfortunately, I simply can't afford to waste any more time fighting off ads and spam every time I try to load a page here. It never used to be like this, you've ruined the site. Seriously.

Is anyone even paying attention?

And yes. Every browser. Every device. Same thing. I clear my cache and cookies. It really is not me...it's you.

Yes we are paying attention. My apologies for the delay. The delay is entirely my fault.

I am guessing you are using an Apple product. A great majority of users that have issues are using an Apple product.

Apple and vBulletin have issues which is why we are changing software this summer.

The software switch is going to take a lot of work and a fairly long time. We hope to be up and running by fall with the new software but I can't make any promises.

Shortly, I am going to post exactly what we need from you to track down the advertisers who are letting these pop-ups get through.

Thank you for your patience.

If you get a pop-up advertisement please do the following:

*Copy the URL of the page you are on at the time of the pop-up

*Get the EXACT time. If it is 12:01 PM please don't say "12:00 PM"

*Your IP Address

*The name of your operating system.

*Browser name and version

*Name of the ad, is it AT&T, Facebook, If you can get a screen shot that would be good.

If you get a redirect ad please do the following:

*Copy the URL of the redirect

Hit your back button and copy the URL of the Websleuths page you were viewing at the time (if possible)

*Get the EXACT time. If it is 12:01 PM please don't say "12:00 PM"

*Your IP Address

*The name of your operating system.

*Browser name and version

It is best if you send this information to me rather than post it here. My email is triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com however, feel free to post the info on this thread if you want.

Again, my apologies for the delay.

Tricia

Hey Everyone,

I am going to close this thread.

Please continue on the new thread I started by CLICKING HERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix