GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
With thanks to Belimom for the photo, I think what we're seeing is an intact body rolled up. The tree is lost in the background, but don't forget this is after they cut it down.

Yes, it would have taken considerable strength, but with the right equipment (don't forget the perp worked on and up trees) such as a pulley and so on, it could certainly be done.

Again, all of this speaks to a lot of planning (and perhaps some previous experience).

(bolded, underlined) MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY. I am almost convinced there are others, maybe in Ohio AND Colorado.

Just a quick post. I had a tree removed due to leaning. It was a huge tree, looked healthy. After it was taken down we saw that it was hollow from about 3 feet from the ground to the top. I ended up having it cut in sections and used for planters lining my driveway for years. Until my tree I would not have thought it possible (especially healthy looking) for a tree to do that and still stand.

Ohio manager says she knew something was wrong with worker later found slain with 2 others

By MEGHAN BARR , Associated Press
Last update: November 19, 2010 - 4:30 PM

MOUNT VERNON, Ohio - The first indication that something had gone terribly wrong in this tiny Ohio town came when a Dairy Queen manager went to check on a friend who didn't show up for work.

The manager, Valerie Haythorn, told The Associated Press on Friday that when she drove by last week, the lights were on at the home where Tina Herrmann lived with her two children. Herrmann's truck also was in the driveway and, thinking all was well, Haythorn kept driving.

When Herrmann missed a second day, Haythorn drove back to the house — and this time she went inside.

Haythorn said she climbed in the back window because the front door was locked. Once inside, she discovered a significant amount of blood.

much more here in 2 page article

http://www.startribune.com/nation/109205599.html?page=1&c=y

ETA:

Here's another article & picture w/ Valerie

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wsyx_vid_7790.shtml?wap=0

If this woman didn't enter that house, no telling what that monster would have done to Sarah with just another day or so of time.

If this woman didn't enter that house, no telling what that monster would have done to Sarah with just another day or so of time.

you got that right.:furious:

Oh I agree!!! I am baffled by the brutality and how heinous it is and yet....I'm stunned by the miracle that Sarah somehow got out alive.

Is it just me or do these crimes that we follow keep getting stranger and stranger? I don't know how these people come up with these ideas. They have to be downright crazy. All I can say is thank heavens that this perp decided to talk because I have serious doubts that they would have ever found their bodies. Terribly, terribly sad. ~JMO~

Oh I agree!!! I am baffled by the brutality and how heinous it is and yet....I'm stunned by the miracle that Sarah somehow got out alive.

That is because we are human and even in the most disgusting horrific crime we all can see the good that comes from that evil.

I think this DQ boss is a hero along with Sarah!!!!!!!

I read through (most) of the posts and was wondering if the police hace released any new statements regarding how they knew where to search for the victims. Last I heard they would not say that MH confessed to the crimes. Also, I've still only seen that he has only been charged with kidnapping. I'm wondering if he hasn't said anything at all and sadly Sarah was the one that told them where to find her family.

I seriously think he confessed. I think this because when they recovered the bodies, at least in the pictures that I saw, you didn't see a lot of people scouring for physical evidence. They probably don't need that if he confessed. Plus how would he know where the mutilated bodies were? I have also seen QUOTED that he used climbing equipment to put them into the tree. So if he knows where they were, told LE how he got them in there, and THEN LE is quoted many times saying he acted alone, I am betting they have a full confession.

I apologize for jumping the gun in my last post about squirrels and trees. I had been out for several hours and missed all the news and posts that occurred while I was gone. It has now taken me almost four hours to catch up.

Obviously I overestimated MSM again in thinking that publishing photos of the tree would be too morbid or tasteless. I really should have known better. :doh: So, it seems I was mistaken in my opinion that the bodies were not dropped from a height. I got that impression from Sheriff Barber's response at yesterday presser when he used the words "hollow towards the base".

For those who speculated on why the tree was completely cut down today, the answer is in this article. I don't believe that there is much evidence to be gained from that tree (the bodies were in garbage bags) and I also don't believe it was done out of respect. If LE wanted to go that route, they wouldn't have allowed the media to take photos of it. Without those pics, it was just another tree among thousands.

Ohio Department of Natural Resources cut down the tree after declaring it a hazard based on it being dangerous and unstable
http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wsyx_vid_7784.shtml?wap=0

Somewhere else I read a similar reason and that deer could be hurt if it fell.

What a devious, unique place to hide four bodies (Tanner). MH is one sick puppy!

Since it was said that this bush was so dense that a vehicle couldn't get within 100 feet of it, it seems as if there would be hundreds of trees, some very similar. How did LE find this particular tree? Even with MH's instructions, it would be hard to spot one among so many. I'm wondering if MH left some sort of marker near this tree. An arrangement of rocks, perhaps, or a small article of clothing or tape. He may have been planning to revisit the site, had he not been arrested.

I'm sitting on the fence with the dismemberment issue. I agree with the poster that it conflicts with the clothes being on the bodies. It would have made more sense to remove the clothes before attempting such a horrific task. I'm also skeptical about it because of the shape of the wrapped bodies both on the ground and when they were being put into the hearses. They do look intact and I can't imagine the ME disturbing such important evidence until they reached the coroner's table. But I could be wrong.

JMO

R.I.P.
Kody, Steph, and Tina

Was it this one on Nancy Grace last night?

OMG! darlin gal you are one in a million and a LIFE SAVER!

I'm not as loon-toons as I thought that I was..:crazy:..lol..

This is the exact pic that is in my head and now makes perfect sense as to why I could not locate on pc and also why I was thinking that possibly I dreamed it...

Last night after lurking on these Threads for hours I went and got in bedto try and get a couple hours of sleep.. and guess whose wee hours of the early morning RE-broadcast was on as I was drifting off to sleep??..

yes, indeed it was good ol' Nancy Grace...therefor before my falling asleep this was probably one of the last images that I saw...lol...

AGAIN THANK YOU SOOO MUCH..YOU'VE JUST SAVED ME FROM SEVERAL MORE HOURS OF SCOURING UNTIL I FINALLY PUT 2 AND 2 TOGETHER...or hell, I may not have ever figured it out...lol...Thanks darlin gal:blowkiss:

ETA~
Originally Posted By snapdragon
It's not the actual scene, of course. But what a piece of work NG is. That is completely rude, tasteless, and downright disgusting. What these people will do to pimp for ratings amazes me.

yes, snapdragon ITA!

I seriously think he confessed. I think this because when they recovered the bodies, at least in the pictures that I saw, you didn't see a lot of people scouring for physical evidence. They probably don't need that if he confessed. Plus how would he know where the mutilated bodies were? I have also seen QUOTED that he used climbing equipment to put them into the tree. So if he knows where they were, told LE how he got them in there, and THEN LE is quoted many times saying he acted alone, I am betting they have a full confession.

(RSBM)

As I wrote yesterday, telling LE where to find the bodies alone is tantamount to a confession. It's pretty much a moot point. But either way, LE would be gathering every evidence they could.

When we saw those aerial shots, it was just minutes before the bodies were carried to the hearses. What time did those videos begin? Sheriff Barber said they arrived at the scene at approximately 2:30 p.m. If I'm not mistaken, those shots came at least two hours later. Plenty of time for a large team of LE technicians to photograph and gather evidence while another team retrieved the bodies. They even could have continued after the helicopter left the scene.

The last case I followed on WS, the perp had confessed and led LE to his last victim. But tons of evidence was still searched for after the confession. The prosecution needs to present this evidence to the judge at a hearing to prove guilt. A confession alone doesn't cut it; plenty of people confess to crimes they didn't do.

While more evidence may not have been necessary in this particular case, the law has to be followed and the prosecution has to ensure that their butts are covered in as many ways as they can.

JMO

Hoffman's eyes are soooo empty.......
JVM is covering this case right now.
She asked if DP off the case for MH to find family.

found allot of beer bottles in victims house, did he get the ladies drunk first?
was he drinking etc...........1st I heard of this from JVM show.

~ snipped ~
I'm sitting on the fence with the dismemberment issue. I agree with the poster that it conflicts with the clothes being on the bodies. It would have made more sense to remove the clothes before attempting such a horrific task. I'm also skeptical about it because of the shape of the wrapped bodies both on the ground and when they were being put into the hearses. They do look intact and I can't imagine the ME disturbing such important evidence until they reached the coroner's table. But I could be wrong.

JMO
That's what kind of freaked me out....after "hearing" of possible dismemberment, that they still had their clothes on. I searched and searched and searched and searched yesterday for a video or photo I'd seen (yesterday) that showed one of the bodies on a gurney moving towards one of the hearses. It looked like an intact body to me unless investigators had just placed a covering over multiple bags causing it to appear an intact body. Sounds so graphic....sorry. Wish I had a link but it was something I saw briefly and was unable to locate it again.

I apologize for jumping the gun in my last post about squirrels and trees. I had been out for several hours and missed all the news and posts that occurred while I was gone. It has now taken me almost four hours to catch up.

Obviously I overestimated MSM again in thinking that publishing photos of the tree would be too morbid or tasteless. I really should have known better. :doh: So, it seems I was mistaken in my opinion that the bodies were not dropped from a height. I got that impression from Sheriff Barber's response at yesterday presser when he used the words "hollow towards the base".

For those who speculated on why the tree was completely cut down today, the answer is in this article. I don't believe that there is much evidence to be gained from that tree (the bodies were in garbage bags) and I also don't believe it was done out of respect. If LE wanted to go that route, they wouldn't have allowed the media to take photos of it. Without those pics, it was just another tree among thousands.

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wsyx_vid_7784.shtml?wap=0

Somewhere else I read a similar reason and that deer could be hurt if it fell.

What a devious, unique place to hide four bodies (Tanner). MH is one sick puppy!

Since it was said that this bush was so dense that a vehicle couldn't get within 100 feet of it, it seems as if there would be hundreds of trees, some very similar. How did LE find this particular tree? Even with MH's instructions, it would be hard to spot one among so many. I'm wondering if MH left some sort of marker near this tree. An arrangement of rocks, perhaps, or a small article of clothing or tape. He may have been planning to revisit the site, had he not been arrested.

JMO

R.I.P.
Kody, Steph, and Tina

this article gives another, and likely the true reason, why the tree was cut down

Ludwig says Knox County authorities wanted the tree removed from a wildlife preserve in Fredericktown out of respect for the victims' families and so that it would not become "a sightseeing thing."

http://www.wsbt.com/news/wsbt-tree-where-3-bodies-found-cut-111910,0,89760.story?track=rss

QUOTE]

My first thought when I read this, was to agree. On second thought, what if it isn't all that unique? How many missing people have not been recovered? Maybe not many ended up this way, but maybe a few or so. *shiver*

~ snipped ~
That's what kind of freaked me out....after "hearing" of possible dismemberment, that they still had their clothes on. I searched and searched and searched and searched yesterday for a video or photo I'd seen (yesterday) that showed one of the bodies on a gurney moving towards one of the hearses. It looked like an intact body to me unless investigators had just placed a covering over multiple bags causing it to appear an intact body. Sounds so graphic....sorry. Wish I had a link but it was something I saw briefly and was unable to locate it again.

They would not have removed the bodies from the garbage bags at the crime scene. Doing so could contaminate any evidence that was on or inside the bags. They would not remove them from inside the garbage bags till after they got them to the coroners/medical examiners office. They would have take each garbage bag and placed them inside a body bag. Possibly even covering that body bag with a sheet.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members