The Doe Network, Part 2: Who is Princess Blue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, sorry, Jaded,
There is one more thing::p

I posted earlier today that there was indeed a recent forensic anthropological analysis done on PB...so, in fact, her ethnicity / ancestral background HAS been determined. Can you change that part of the letter to reflect this news, please? It is my strong suggestion that, to be the most accurate, and at the same time, thorough enough to not leave out any possible matches, that you should have it read "Caucasian, with the possibility of mixed-race history." That is vague enough to cover what we need covered, but not limiting it to Hispanic tendencies, bec. that is not a fact. It IS a fact that she has been forensically classified as Caucasian!

"TIA" (look, you guys are getting me hooked on the abbreviations!)

Hi sloane:). I understand that you think that Princess Blue may have been out there since the mid 70's(1975 or beyond). But, how would that explain that there was viable bone marrow left in at least 1 bone? How would that marrow have been preserved for soooo long?

Lion

Hi
Thankyou.I care is my board.It is dedicated to my missing sister Tammy Lynn Leppert.She came up missing in 1983.May I please say some things and ask some questions.Some one here said she could have been lighter complected and lighter hair.I am having this problem with trying to find a match with skeletal remains and my sister.My sister has dyed blond hair and has some indian in her.So if I find skeletal remains and they say the skeletal remains are hispanic or indian people will think of the Jane Doe as dark complected and not look into tammy which is very frustrating.The Jane Doe might not have been dark complected and look nothing at all like this sketch.But you never know.This Jane Doe could be part indian also.Probably mostly white.If they are saying that then she probably had lighter brown hair.They usually say hispanic or indian I believe of the high cheek bones.May I please ask they said possible tumor on her knee?which knee and was it removed or something?Could they tell?Do they know for sure this was a womans high school graduation ring?I was actually looking at a different Jane Doe found and was a bit confused.Wasn't this Jane Doe found at Robert E Lee school?

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/UnidentifiedDetails.asp?id=U0310045

Do you have an email address of who I could write to check this Jane Doe with my sister?i don't think the possibility is very high it is my sister.I just want to check.

I'm curious what men graduated in this year.Do you know?If the ring was resized it seems like the ring was too big for a woman.But you never know.why the color blue?school color?birthstone?Did anyone ever find out if the letter L was from the school or a last name?

suzanne

Hello suzannec:), and welcome to our thread! I am sorry that you are still looking for your sister, Tammy, after all these years.

I understand that we cannot overlook any missing girls or young women because we have in our heads that she was Hispanic or White/Hispanic with dark hair, dark eyes, and darker than a fair skin complexion. It is likely that it is true; but, since it is not a fact, I am looking primarily at facial structure of pics of those who went missing. I knew it would be natural for most people to unconsciously focus on only those with darker features, which is why I brought it up. I am sorry you have encountered similar issues in finding Tammy.

Sloane indicates that Princess Blue could have been as tall as 5' 4", and I have always included the missing with 5" 4" in my search parameters. I doubt that she would be any taller than that though or the height estimate based of her bones would have been way off.

Princess Blue was not found at Robert E Lee HS. However, she was wearing a 1975 HS ring from that school. It is clearly a ladies ring. I spoke with a rep from The Texas Missing Persons ClearingHouse who said that it was definitely a ladies ring. Also, we compared Princes Blue's ring with a 1975 men's ring, and the difference between the two is marked. The inlaid, "L" is very likely to stand for the mascot, Lee himself as told to me by the current school librarian who has worked there since 1988 and graduated from there herself in 1980.

I am going to look at Tammy's info on the site now. I'll be back.

Lion

Hi
thankyou.I tried to contact someone about tammy on this.There would have been bone marrow if it was taken from her teeth.That's a real good question.I'm sorry I am confused was her ring sized up or down?are they stating it was a size 9 and half ring then resized up or down or it was 9 and a half after it was resized.Do you know the size of her other rings.She was probably pretty big.

suzanne

Btw, FWIW, I too have tried to submit a previous case to an Unidentifieds' site in Louisiana, and was told they DO NOT have a state wide system in place for such. Seems crazy to me that one wouldn't be in place by now, with all the missing and unid. cases, but, true enough, there isn't. It's not to say that there may not be private or volunteer ones up and running...like this, I suppose. Sounds like some of you are trying to find those...

best,

I figured this out when my searches for LA missing/UID sites went nowhere. What bothers me is that when I spoke to the person at the state crime lab I got the impression that they didn't see that is was important to have one. In my opinion they are way behind the times on this. This is irritating because it can mess things up in many searches for many of the missing/UID--and not just in LA. Sometimes things like this just bug me.

Lion

I figured this out when my searches for LA missing/UID sites went nowhere. What bothers me is that when I spoke to the person at the state crime lab I got the impression that they didn't see that is was important to have one. In my opinion they are way behind the times on this. This is irritating because it can mess things up in many searches for many of the missing/UID--and not just in LA. Sometimes things like this just bug me.

Lion
I agree, it's so important to have one, otherwise how can we all possibly connect? Sometimes it's so frustrating just because of the sheer numbers. I am sure they're swamped, too!

MG

Do you know the size of her other rings.She was probably pretty big.

I am a "lurker" here but wanted to chime in. I am a "big girl" but ... my ring size on my ring finger is a 6.5/7, so you can't really go by someone's ring size, as to their body size. Or maybe im unique and not the norm. LOL =)

sloane, I have changed the vital statistics parameters of the letter to reflect the information you provided. I'm not going to send off to anyone until we all agree to whom the letter is to be sent, and that our information is as thorough as possible. Thanks so very much for providing this valuable information.

I think I probably ruled out Angela Rose as being our Princess Blue. I think she went back home, got married and had several children. Hopefully that is the case :)

Hi
thankyou.I tried to contact someone about tammy on this.There would have been bone marrow if it was taken from her teeth.That's a real good question.I'm sorry I am confused was her ring sized up or down?are they stating it was a size 9 and half ring then resized up or down or it was 9 and a half after it was resized.Do you know the size of her other rings.She was probably pretty big.

suzanne

Hi suzanne. We don't know if the ring was re-sized up or down. There is someone trying to find out the size of the other rings; however, I don't know yet if that person will be successful or not. I am hoping we can find out the ring sizes because they culd be a clue to her true weight. Then again, they may not be.

We have a member, Aprilvic, who wrote this in post 54 on the first thread at http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1417452#post1417452

It is also possible that Princess had a joint or bone disease/condition which resulted in larger fingers. So, we just don't know; but, I sure do wish we knew more about what her weight was. Like I said before, if she were heavy in 1990 or especially in the 70's, she would been likely to have been noticed and possibly remembered. Being overweight or obese was a lot less common back then. And, looking for a possible, "missing" match for someone when we don't know what their weight in life was makes things more complicated.

Sloane stated in a recent post that it is not likely that Princess Blue weighed as much as 175LB. I am hoping that we can find further updated info, perhaps on the TX dps site resulting from the reported recent forensic anthropologist's examination.

Lion

I agree, it's so important to have one, otherwise how can we all possibly connect? Sometimes it's so frustrating just because of the sheer numbers. I am sure they're swamped, too!

MG

And, can you imagine how messed up things are since Katrina? However, had they had an organized state based system for keeping track of missing/UID's prior to Katrina, they may be have been better off at this point. It is a shame, really. For that matter there is no accurate, all inclusive Nationally based site for missing/UID's. It is needed as of----yesterday.

Lion

I am a "lurker" here but wanted to chime in. I am a "big girl" but ... my ring size on my ring finger is a 6.5/7, so you can't really go by someone's ring size, as to their body size. Or maybe im unique and not the norm. LOL =)

Thank you LaWanda:). I think that many or even most people's ring size may be a fairly good, albeit rough estimate of weight. However, there are so many exceptions that we cannot assume her weight just from her rings size.

Lion

I wonder if the librarian would help us out? Either by scanning and e-mailing copies of the 1974 juniors, or by scanning and snail mailing the copies to one of us. I could send her an SASE for her to mail the copies in if she's willing to help us out with this. Is there an e-mail address available for the librarian?

I wonder if the librarian would help us out? Either by scanning and e-mailing copies of the 1974 juniors, or by scanning and snail mailing the copies to one of us. I could send her an SASE for her to mail the copies in if she's willing to help us out with this. Is there an e-mail address available for the librarian?

Hi Sable. I have the librarian's full name and the number for her direct line. I spoke with her for several minutes and in a fair amount of detail a few weeks ago. I asked her how we could get info on the YB, and she said that we could come in and copy the yb pages. She didn't offer to copy them for me, though I did tell her that it was a 4 hour drive for me to go there. I was told that they are short handed in the library since the head librarian recently retired. Perhaps that is why she did not offer to copy the pages for me. I don't know. I could call her and ask her to go the extra mile and copy the pages; but, I feel a little uncomfortable doing this. What do you or other members think?

OT: From your previous post, I agree and think it is very wise for you to hold off on the letter the the reasons you gave. We really need for the letter to cover all bases and be as factual and inclusive as possible. Thank you so much, Sable:blowkiss:.

Lion

Hi
I usually come here to see matches for my sister.I read through all the post here and I would like to say I think it is very sweet of you all to pull together like you have to find out who princess blue is.

suzanne

Hi
I usually come here to see matches for my sister.I read through all the post here and I would like to say I think it is very sweet of you all to pull together like you have to find out who princess blue is.

suzanne

Thank you suzanne:). And, I hope and pray that you one day find your dear sister, Tammy.

Lion

Hi all, sorry that I haven't been on much to help out but I have been really busy with work and the kids. I have been composing a list of missing persons sites by state and will post it as soon as I am completed. You all are doing such a great job, I have every confidence that we will break this case and bring our Princess Blue back to her family.

Wow, I was just going to write almost exactly what Kym did. I wish I could help more, but have beer really busy.
Just wanted to send some encouragement. With this many intelligent and caring people I know Princess Blue will be identified soon!
Great work everyone!
April

April, You been busy with the beer? LOL

Wow, I was just going to write almost exactly what Kym did. I wish I could help more, but have beer really busy.
Just wanted to send some encouragement. With this many intelligent and caring people I know Princess Blue will be identified soon!
Great work everyone!
April

i live in houston and I might be able to go to the high school and scan the yearbook
. It won't be this weekend, but maybe some time next week.

Hi
Thankyou.you are sweet to say that.Princess blue really doesn't sound like my sister.I really pray they find out who she is.you all are doing a great job trying to find out who she is.DON"T give up ok?

suzanne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member