Flies and Maggots in the trunk - forensic entomology #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if the FBI/CSI found some of those maggots in that trunk if they can test them for DNA purposes?

If they can do that it would show the DNA of Caylee..wonder if that was done???

I'm wondering if the FBI/CSI found some of those maggots in that trunk if they can test them for DNA purposes?

If they can do that it would show the DNA of Caylee..wonder if that was done???

I know several of us have speculated that is the case. We are hoping a maggot milkshake was done and that Caylee's DNA was found, as sad as that is. :(

If there were maggots inside that bag (I think even SB said there were) and there was nothing inside the bag to attract them, then maybe Casey planted them there. The bag of fake garbage seems so contrived...even containing a receipt that belonged to N. IMO, it's possible she was trying to frame N.
Reading further into the docs there were meat items...or am I mistaken? One minute I have those "AHA!" moments-proof psoitive...then I see mention of other food being in the trunk that could attract maggots. I just want it to be crystal clear to a jury. I wish there was more written about the maggots.

Reading further into the docs there were meat items...or am I mistaken? One minute I have those "AHA!" moments-proof psoitive...then I see mention of other food being in the trunk that could attract maggots. I just want it to be crystal clear to a jury. I wish there was more written about the maggots.

IIRC....The bag WAS from AL's apartment....there WAS the reciept from Fusian in his room mates name.....AL said bag was from his place, couldn't figure out why in trunk. I didn't remember reading about any "meat" in the bag.....there was "other" garbage (BUT, I could be wrong). They had the bag contents picture in the docs. I KNOW Dr. Lee said something to that effect on NG. OK...that said....maybe Casey got decomposition fluids on her gray slacks....temporarily threw them into garbage bag....into the trunk.....some decomp got onto inside of bag.....and then she DID do some laundry at Ricardo's place (from his interview in orig docs)....Cindy didn't say anything about the pants being "physically" dirty...just smelly. JMHO

IIRC....The bag WAS from AL's apartment....there WAS the reciept from Fusian in his room mates name.....AL said bag was from his place, couldn't figure out why in trunk. I didn't remember reading about any "meat" in the bag.....there was "other" garbage (BUT, I could be wrong). They had the bag contents picture in the docs. I KNOW Dr. Lee said something to that effect on NG. OK...that said....maybe Casey got decomposition fluids on her gray slacks....temporarily threw them into garbage bag....into the trunk.....some decomp got onto inside of bag.....and then she DID do some laundry at Ricardo's place (from his interview in orig docs)....Cindy didn't say anything about the pants being "physically" dirty...just smelly. JMHO
Well, I just went back into the dump for another question I had and I found
this:

http://www.wesh.com/download/2008/1126/18155477.pdf

Page #14

ETA: so there was unwrapped pizza?

Well, I just went back into the dump for another question I had and I found
this:

http://www.wesh.com/download/2008/1126/18155477.pdf

Page #14

ETA: so there was unwrapped pizza?

Ya know what ??? I'm sooo confused by the differing info in these docs....in the docs from the Body Farm there is a bolded statement that there was no pizza in the bag.....LOL I wish they could make up their minds....my eye balls are gonna explode from reading!! LOL

They did find a hair on the shovel, but I was under the impression it was not identified.

From what I recall, the hair on the shovel was never identified as sharing the MtDNA of the trunk sample, but if you look at the findings, the two samples show an interesting similarity to the known sample of Casey. I remember searching on this quite awhile back and I was taken to the evolutionary structure of DNA. It was a trip down migration patterns of hominids. It was fascinating reading, but what I came away with is "so does this mean that the hair on the shovel, though not an MtDNA match, is from someone whose ancestors migrated in the same way that Casey's ancestors migrated?"

I needed a blanky after trying to get my head around it, and I still don't know that I've ever seen a "who could that hair belong to?" answer.

If there were maggots inside that bag (I think even SB said there were) and there was nothing inside the bag to attract them, then maybe Casey planted them there. The bag of fake garbage seems so contrived...even containing a receipt that belonged to N. IMO, it's possible she was trying to frame N.

ETA: IIRC, SB said the bag was closed and he had to open it to look inside. I fully believe there was human decomposition in the trunk--just don't know how maggots got inside the garbage bag or what they could possibly be attracted to in there.

ETA: IIRC, SB said the bag was closed and he had to open it to look inside. I fully believe there was human decomposition in the trunk--just don't know how maggots got inside the garbage bag or what they could possibly be attracted to in there.

Before blow fly larvae turn into flies, they "move away" from the body they are feeding of for a number if days. My guess is that was the stage they were in when found.

I believe this case will be solved with the DNA from the maggots and the drugs in the maggots they found because that is identifiable and conclusive.

Before blow fly larvae turn into flies, they "move away" from the body they are feeding of for a number if days. My guess is that was the stage they were in when found.

I believe this case will be solved with the DNA from the maggots and the drugs in the maggots they found because that is identifiable and conclusive.

I really hope so Turbo.

I have not read ANY entomologist reports. Has anyone else found them yet?

Something which dawned on me is blowflies are not active at night, so if Caylee died at night the timeline of 2.6-3.00 days might be off as much as 12 hours.

I am assuming they "raised" the larvae and pupae of the blow flies to full adult stage carefully monitoring how long it took for them to progress from stage to stage. From those notes, it would be possible to work backward to the time/date of infestation and arrive at a very good time frame for death. (PMI)

There are also other "bugs" which feed on a corpse and I have not read anything about any of them. There could be beetles, wasps, ants, etc. which help with a time line.

Hi TT! perhaps I am recalling incorrectly, but didn't I hear that decomp was found on the trash bag?

Turbo.....I've been in this camp for a while now. I also believe that they know for certain that it was Caylee in the trunk from the testing on the DNA that they got from the maggots. I feel like if they weren't pretty sure that it was her, that they would still be tracking down leads, instead of shutting it all down and stating they weren't going to search anymore. Seems as though LE is pretty confident in what they have, even though finding her remains would be better for their case. MOO

From the newest documents:

Once Investigator McBryde arrived with the trash bag, CSI Bloise emptied the bag's contents to see what was inside. Although there were food items inside, as well as small flies and maggots, the smell from the trash was distinctly different from the smell coming from within the car. The trash did not smell like the inside of the car, but the odor of demomposition did carry over to the trash bag. Note the trash bag contained a pizza box, but no pizza.

http://www.wesh.com/download/2008/1126/18155354.pdf
p.2287

( this page includes photo evidence of the trash)

Thanks, Turbo. I was thinking/hoping the same thing. The fact that we haven't seen any entomological evidence is probably a good sign.

Hi TT! perhaps I am recalling incorrectly, but didn't I hear that decomp was found on the trash bag?

If it was, I don't remember reading it, but that doesn't mean anything as there has been so much to absorb.

Turbo.....I've been in this camp for a while now. I also believe that they know for certain that it was Caylee in the trunk from the testing on the DNA that they got from the maggots. I feel like if they weren't pretty sure that it was her, that they would still be tracking down leads, instead of shutting it all down and stating they weren't going to search anymore. Seems as though LE is pretty confident in what they have, even though finding her remains would be better for their case. MOO

Can you imagine CA's reaction when the DNA from maggots convict her daughter? She tried so to cover up all the evidence and little maggots "told the truth."

IIRC the maggots in reference to the garbage bag were on the outside of the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa