Seaching for Anna - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doogie, you are a crack-up! Your leavity is a good lesson for us all, in dealing with the antcipation we all feel here...thank you for simply being, everyone here enjoys your stories and hard work! If you had said that to TS, his fears may have aligned with yours at the moment, lol.
Blessings
You definitely should write a great book someday!

Speaking about the movie "Airplane" (and completely off-topic for this thread):

When the movie Airplane came out in the late 1970's, Annasbro and I went to the opening night at the California Theater on Polk Street in San Francisco. As we were standing in line, a guy with a shaved head came out of the theater and was waiting on the sidewalk for his ride. In the late 1970's, the only two famous people in the world who had a shaved head were Yul Brenner and Telly Savalas. I nudged AB and jokingly said, "Hey, look. It's Telly Savalas." Well, the guy turned toward us and it was Telly Savalas! We revelled for a moment in our star-watching luck, then went in the theater.

Afetr spending a half-hour waiting in line, my first required stop was the men's room. Well, understand that a men's room on Polk Street in SF in the 1970's could be an...interesting...place. (Insert your analysis of me as a homophobe here.) I decided that the best course of action would be to get in, take care of business, and get the hell out as soon as possible. I entered and immediately went to the far left urinal of a bank of five (No one else was in there at the time). I was forcing myself to finish as quickly as possible when I see out of the corner of my eye a big man come in and stand at the urinal right next to me (leaving the three on the right unoccupied). As I pondered my potential fate as some theatergoers love toy, AB came in and went to the urinal just to the right of the other guy. Now this was just too weird - men's room etiquette states that you ALWAYS go the stall farthest away from whoever else was in there (i.e. I go to stall one, new guy goes to stall five, AB then goes to stall three).

I immediately cut short my relief and rushed over to the sink to wash my hands. I glanced in the mirror, trying to process this weird chain of events when it dawned on me that the big guy who had been standing next to me was Telly Savalas, who had returned to the theater. That explained why AB had stood where he did - so he could someday tell his grandchildren that he had peed next to Telly Savalas. And my homophobic paranoia had blinded me from capitalizing on perhaps the all-time greatest setup for a one-liner. Had I know it was TS standing next to me, I should have glanced over at him and said: "Who loves you, baby?"

ROFLMAO!!! :laugh: :clap:

Absolutely I understand what you mean. I know my situation is very different, but alittle similar. I was one name and part of a family before the age of 5, but became another name and part of another family after that point. Growing up, my family that I grew up with was my FAMILY, but I still had memories of my original family. That was difficult for me. As an adult, after finding my natural family, the only connection we had to each other was the past--those years we were together. They knew me as the original girl, but I knew myself as the girl I became when I was adopted. My natural mother knew me as her daughter, but I did not know her as my mother(This may be different for C--my mother chose to give me up, and of course Anna was taken from her mother). It was very confusing and emotionally wrenching. Only my older sister and I have been able to have a good relationship because we talked about and dealt with the past, but have moved on and now live in the present and future. My biggest word of advice if C turns out to be Anna is that you talk about the past, you emotionally deal with it, and then you embrace who Anna/C has become and live in the present.
Exceedingly wise advice, Julessleuther. And much appreciated.

No way am I going on the Springer show! Not if I have to go topless and dance on the pole!

Aw come one! But, you have to do it in that leisure suit.

Serious note, I think the synanon connection should certainly be pursued regardless of other current developments. I spent some time looking over Annasmom's book again last night and see a strong resemblence between the little girl in the photo and Annas youngest brother. ( The family pic, with Anna, Annasmom, I assume Joe, and Annas two brothers ). Did anyone else see a resemblence?

Question for Annasmom - from your book. The picture of your family with Anna as an infant. The man holding her, I assume is GW? If so, he looks so different there than the other pictures I've seen. Looks so much bigger, taller, bulkier....... He looks more slender in the other photos. Also, has C seen the family pictures you have posted.-and the pictures of the farm- if so, did she have any comments on them which are ok to make public?

There is no statute of limitations on kidnapping.

Since the Lindbergh case, kidnapping is a federal crime regardless of whether or not state lines are crossed. Do you know how involved is the FBI is in this matter? If it's considered a state case, there are (at least) two state legal structures to contend with, including the whole matter of extradition (which I don't think the Feds would need to worry about). Also, a federal case may mean it's worth approaching your U. S. Representative and Senators to try to get it off the back burner. "They've waited 35 years, they can wait another 6 months" is not an acceptable attitude, and they need to know that.

I believe (though this is being done from memory and may be incorrect) that the law changed sometime after Anna's disappearance - if that is wrong, please let me know since it would be helpful to have federal involvement in the search.

Your analysis about "what is six more months" is right on - lets solve this thing NOW! If we are put to the back of the line behind newer crimes, we may never move to the front since more recent crimes are occuring daily that would take precedence. Of course, there should be some prioritizing beyond simple "first in, first out", but enough is enough. The San Mateo Sheriffs Department is absolutely on our side on this and have been trying to prod the DOJ to move this along, but they are just one of many jurisdictions that utilize the DOJ's labs and are subject to the same delays that are frustrating us. The real problem is that budget constraints and priority considerations at the state level are slowing down results to a crawl. So we continue to wait...

Since the Lindbergh case, kidnapping is a federal crime regardless of whether or not state lines are crossed. Do you know how involved is the FBI is in this matter? If it's considered a state case, there are (at least) two state legal structures to contend with, including the whole matter of extradition (which I don't think the Feds would need to worry about). Also, a federal case may mean it's worth approaching your U. S. Representative and Senators to try to get it off the back burner. "They've waited 35 years, they can wait another 6 months" is not an acceptable attitude, and they need to know that.
I had a phone call from Congressman Lantos' office this morning. They have left a message with the county supervisor, they now have a file on Anna's case and are checking on the Department of Justice backlog. I wrote to Detective Gilletti at the urging of a former neighbor who stopped by unexpectedly this morning. I know we are very wary of using the psi-word, but this individual gives psychic readings which very often seem to hit on target. She says there is no doubt that Anna is alive.

...I know we are very wary of using the psi-word, but this individual gives psychic readings which very often seem to hit on target. She says there is no doubt that Anna is alive.

She didn't happen to also provide Anna's current phone number and address, did she? That would be real helpful... :blushing:

Seriously, did your friend stop by because she had this info, or did she stop by to visit and gave this info in response to your telling her of the recent developments?

We really have no hard evidence that kidnapping was involved, so it remains a county case. However, there is a file with the FBI (I assume the NCMEC contacted them) and a contact person. But everything hinges on that DNA result right now.

She didn't happen to also provide Anna's current phone number and address, did she? That would be real helpful... :blushing:

Seriously, did your friend stop by because she had this info, or did she stop by to visit and gave this info in response to your telling her of the recent developments?
Yep, it's that same thing about the psi-word, the lack of specifics. Regarding your second comment, it was a little of both. She has spoken about this to me before. She is pushing, pushing for DNA results (as aren't we all?)

My lack of confidence in "the P-word" is often expressed here, but there is something happening here in the last week or so that I intuitively feel that we are very, very close to a answer. I jump each time my cellphone rings, thinking the words: "This is it." And I am more and more optimistic that the news that we will receive will be good news.

Concerning the "knowledge" that Anna is "undoubtedly alive": after the intial optimism of the possible link between Anna and Sharon Marshall, and the "Eiffee" email leads that did not pan out, I unspokenly resigned myself to the concept that this case would be solved by the discovery of an unpublicized Jane Doe eventually being matched up with Anna via DNA. However, each new revelation and discovery has chipped away at that seemingly reasonable belief. I slowly, but inevitably, came to realize that the evidence points toward Anna being alive today. And with recent events, I believe that Annasmom may be having a very memorable Mother's Day this year.

My lack of confidence in "the P-word" is often expressed here, but there is something happening here in the last week or so that I intuitively feel that we are very, very close to a answer. I jump each time my cellphone rings, thinking the words: "This is it." And I am more and more optimistic that the news that we will receive will be good news.

Concerning the "knowledge" that Anna is "undoubtedly alive": after the intial optimism of the possible link between Anna and Sharon Marshall, and the "Eiffee" email leads that did not pan out, I unspokenly resigned myself to the concept that this case would be solved by the discovery of an unpublicized Jane Doe eventually being matched up with Anna via DNA. However, each new revelation and discovery has chipped away at that seemingly reasonable belief. I slowly, but inevitably, came to realize that the evidence points toward Anna being alive today. And with recent events, I believe that Annasmom may be having a very memorable Mother's Day this year.

Ohhhh Dr. Doogie! That give me chills! I hope and pray that Annasmom will be able to have the best Mother's Day gift of all!!!

So you can well imagine that my heart stopped when there was a knock at the door 45 minutes ago and I opened the door to find Detective Gilletti, who had driven from Redwood City through commute traffic to respond to my e-mail. He did not bring news, but rather wanted just to sit down in person and tell me about the phone calls and letters which have been going back and forth between his office, the Sheriff's office and the DOJ this past week. Right now, he is anxious to communicate to the DOJ and their forensic people that many lives are more or less on hold, awaiting the results of those DNA tests. I was very touched that he took the time and trouble to come all this way to tell me this in person. I guess my e-mail to him must have sounded pretty anguished, the way I feel right now.

So you can well imagine that my heart stopped when there was a knock at the door 45 minutes ago and I opened the door to find Detective Gilletti, who had driven from Redwood City through commute traffic to respond to my e-mail. He did not bring news, but rather wanted just to sit down in person and tell me about the phone calls and letters which have been going back and forth between his office, the Sheriff's office and the DOJ this past week. Right now, he is anxious to communicate to the DOJ and their forensic people that many lives are more or less on hold, awaiting the results of those DNA tests. I was very touched that he took the time and trouble to come all this way to tell me this in person. I guess my e-mail to him must have sounded pretty anguished, the way I feel right now.

Well, it seems you have had a lot of company today and folks in the right places have been very busy working on Anna's case recently. It appears that it is not just "us" that feel an urgency about Anna now! Finally, the end of the journey may be within sight with everyone's help and cooperation.

I am so sorry for your anguish. You must feel as though you don't know which end is up at this point, while we merely sit on pins and needles. All we can do is hold your hand and wait with you.

Detective Gilletti apparently has a soft spot in his heart for you and Anna.

Annasmom, I am also sitting on pins and needles, when I read DrDoogie's last post I had goosebumps all over me and the best feeling came over me. I don't post very often as I don't seem to have anything to contribute to the search but read nightly. Couldn't go to bed without checking on the progress in our search for Anna.
So, since I can't contribute anything I will just send you LOVE and a big HUG. I will keep praying that you will have a wonderful mother's day this year.....

Let me provide a few of the details of things that we have discovered that has led me to believe that C is probably Anna:

* C has a memory of riding a horse with people who are not her known family as a child. When asked if this could match up with anything that Anna may have done (remember that the family lived on a horse ranch), Annasmom did not recall any time where Anna had riden a horse. However, when Annasmom was reviewing her personal journal of the family's bus trip, she discovered an entry detailing how Anna had in fact gone on a ride with friends of the family.

* There is an uncommon medical condition involving the teeth and gums that is known to be hereditary that is corrected by surgery. Both Annasmom and C had this procedure done as children, while none of C's siblings have had this condition.

* The most recent bombshell is that C was asked if she had any memories involving a bus. Her first response was "no", but then said that she recalled a bus - giving a description of the shape and color scheme that the bus was painted - a description that exactly matched the bus that Anna's family had used in their cross-country trip. These details have never been published either here or in the "Searching for Anna" manuscript (nor will I mention the exact color scheme now in case C turns out to be not Anna, these details will provide a good control mechanism to test the validity of future possible matches). Most people, when asked to describe a bus from their childhood, will envitably describe a yellow school bus. The fact that C recalls a bus with the unique color scheme of the family's bus is extremely convincing to me.

My belief is that we will have answers either this week or next (based on gut feeling, not any insider knowledge). If C is confirmed to be Anna, this will start a series of rapidly occuring events. We may not be able to immediately inform this forum until certain things occur, but we will of course share this information as soon as it is prudent to do so.

So you can well imagine that my heart stopped when there was a knock at the door 45 minutes ago and I opened the door to find Detective Gilletti,
My heart stopped just reading this first sentence. I am so glad that he seems understanding and supporting, which is what you need. None of us, unless we have been through what you have, and I sure never have, can even BEGIN to comprehend what you are going through right now. I personally, am in awe of you and how you have come through all of this!

We may not be able to immediately inform this forum until certain things occur, but we will of course share this information as soon as it is prudent to do so.

1st, thank you for sharing with all of us the reasons you believe at this time C may very well be Anna...very interesting.

2nd...YOU'RE KILLING US DOOGIE! What do you mean you won't be able to tell us? Can you PM us and not broadcast...something. Holy shamolies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member