Questions for fellow websleuthers

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The toys were left for Caylee on her birthday. I am sorry, but I can not believe that many new toys had the smell of smoke. My theroy is that they know she is not coming back so they got rid of them OR they are paranoid that the stuff animals may contain tiny cameras or listening/recording devices.

No not the toys for her Birthday. This was last week sometime. They were donated stuffed animals.

There is no conformed date regarding the shovel. The neighbor doesn't recall when Casey borrowed the shovel.

When Mark pulled out the 18th, it was to fit into his "theory" of when the shovel was borrowed based on the info he had regarding phone calls on the 16th and 17 of July.

The source he is working with feels the day the shovel is important so this is how they came up with the 18th.

In Mark report he states: speaking with the neighbor about the shovel a day has yet to be determined. Then he goes into making the 18th the day.

Greta is reporting the 18th also based on Mark's timeline, but I wish she would just say "Based on March theory of a timeline the shovel was borrowed on the 18th.

Very interesting! I kind of wondered how someone would remember something like that so precisely...over a month later! But that actually makes me wonder again if the shovel was borrowed the day she stole the gas cans. That she might have used the shovel to bust open the padlock on the shed. She might have backed up her car to load the gas cans.

On thread 76 someone mentioned they wondered how/why Cindy kept saying the 9th for the 15th.

In the first part of the Greta interview that aired last week, I thought Cindy said she mixed up the weekends because she had her 50th birthday on the 9th and they'd celebrated it that weekend (7th/8th). So that date that stuck in her mind, rather than Father's Day weekend's actual date. Does anyone else remember her saying that?

I'm on Gretawire right now trying to find the link to the interview...

On thread 76 someone mentioned they wondered how/why Cindy kept saying the 9th for the 15th.

In the first part of the Greta interview that aired last week, I thought Cindy said she mixed up the weekends because she had her 50th birthday on the 9th and they'd celebrated it that weekend (7th/8th). So that date that stuck in her mind, rather than Father's Day weekend's actual date. Does anyone else remember her saying that?

I'm on Gretawire right now trying to find the link to the interview...
She also gave a very reasonable explanation at the bond hearing. She thought she shot the Caylee video on the 8th, but when she was reminded it was Father's day she realized it was the 15th. She said she goes to visit the father regularly so it wasn't just a one time deal like going for father's day..
Her vacation ended on the 8th and that was part of how she was calculating the dates. She just screwed up by a week.
Nothing sinister at all imo

Very interesting! I kind of wondered how someone would remember something like that so precisely...over a month later! But that actually makes me wonder again if the shovel was borrowed the day she stole the gas cans. That she might have used the shovel to bust open the padlock on the shed. She might have backed up her car to load the gas cans.

I don't think there was an actually padlock on the shed. When I watched the recap last night on Greta, it a two door shed and the lock is in the handle, like on most sheds. You just use a key to unlcok the shed.

All anyone has to do is hit the handle really hard and this will break the door handle lock. You can actually do it with a tighten fist. I have the same shed and when I went out to look, even a strong hand good force the handle to break releasing the lock.

I feel she borrowed the shovel after George left for work on the 17th. I am saying this only to tie in the ladder in the pool on the 17th. More than likely took the gas at that time as well as some other activity in the backyard.

She also gave a very reasonable explanation at the bond hearing. She thought she shot the Caylee video on the 8th, but when she was reminded it was Father's day she realized it was the 15th. She said she goes to visit the father regularly so it wasn't just a one time deal like going for father's day..
Her vacation ended on the 8th and that was part of how she was calculating the dates. She just screwed up by a week.
Nothing sinister at all imo

ITA. I've mistaken dates in a similar way and especially with the stress of what is going on in their lives it is understandable.

ITA. I've mistaken dates in a similar way and especially with the stress of what is going on in their lives it is understandable.
I am not sure I could tell you the exact date as to when I saw any of my children. I would have to use surrounding events to recall and if my dates for those were off..well I would just be wrong! She was relly positive it was the 8th until she saw that Father's Day was on the 15th.
I think it is just another honest error made out to be something evil.

I don't think there was an actually padlock on the shed. When I watched the recap last night on Greta, it a two door shed and the lock is in the handle, like on most sheds. You just use a key to unlcok the shed.

All anyone has to do is hit the handle really hard and this will break the door handle lock. You can actually do it with a tighten fist. I have the same shed and when I went out to look, even a strong hand good force the handle to break releasing the lock.

I feel she borrowed the shovel after George left for work on the 17th. I am saying this only to tie in the ladder in the pool on the 17th. More than likely took the gas at that time as well as some other activity in the backyard.

I went back to be sure of what I saw, but in the interview where Cindy takes Greta through the backyard, you can see a padlock on the shed. There is a handle with a lock too, but underneath is a padlock. There is a split second where the tape stops, then resumes as they open the shed. If you look close, Greta is holding the padlock at that point! So I think there was a padlock - unless they added that later.

And as far as the gas goes, didn't George say he was in the shed on Sunday the 22nd? I think that is how they narrowed the time the gas cans were taken. Sometime after he went in there on the 22nd.

I still go back to the rash of phone calls made on the 16th that were not answered. Then I have tried and tried to figure out what would make a mother NOT call 911. All I have come up with is that if the police came they would be able to tell it was NOT an accident. What reasons can you come up with as to why she would not call for help?

I still go back to the rash of phone calls made on the 16th that were not answered. Then I have tried and tried to figure out what would make a mother NOT call 911. All I have come up with is that if the police came they would be able to tell it was NOT an accident. What reasons can you come up with as to why she would not call for help?

I am not sure why she would not call, other than perhaps not wanting to listen to her mom tell her how irresponsible she was. Or if Cayle had indeed been given something like Xanax (Zanny).

I sure wish we knew where she was staying those first few days after she left her parents the morning of the 16th. She obviously kept coming back to the house when the parents weren't there...and at least once on the 24th when George was there. But where was she the rest of the time and at night? Nobody saw Caylee - or I believe that would have been announced even by LE. So was she actually staying WITH someone...or was she living in a hotel (using GP's credit cards) or what? Could she have left Caylee and she something happened to her while she was gone - or even disappeared while she was gone. Her friends must have alot of this info...but we probably won't hear any of it until she goes to trial.

bumping because I was unsure where else to ask/post this.

Two thoughts have crossed my mind....

1)What kind of underworld criminal activity exists in the Orlando area? Especially as that stuff can tend to exist in clubs... Yes, far fetched question, but being from the Chicago area and inadvertantly and unknowningly having crossed paths through close circles with known mobsters when I was about the age of Casey- 20 or so years ago- I can't help but wonder if Casey unknowingly found herself in a predicament she could not get out of and could not feel comfortable sharing with LE. I know things are much different these days then they were 20 years ago... and I can't imagine what she would have had to do to piss someone off that badly, but I do know it happens...
There are people I knew in my past, that to this day I still have fear of.. and would not trust LE.. or anyone to protect myself in the event I was unfortunately caught up in something... I wonder if this might be the key with the movie comments about not trusting LE...
Another reason I wonder about this, is Casey strikes me as someone who would not know better than to not get herself involved in something way over her head having no clue she was playing with fire.

2)another far fetched question/comment. Cindy appears to be very controlling. Casey commented on making changes back in May IIRC. I've known people who have walked from their family to escape that kind of scenario...the control... and never look back. Long shot, but is it possible that Casey passed Caylee along to someone in order to escape the control of her family... and is willing to sit through this for however long it takes to get away from her family and start a new life with her daugther. Could Caylee be with someone until Casey gets on her feet and can make that kind of move? Granted it seems unlikely especially with her newer relationship with Tony... I wonder if Casey had plans to move.. say to Puerto Rico.. or somewhere else far away. She mentioned NY... Tony was in NY... Who was in NC?

I think there is a lot more to the months preceding this event which Casey spoke to someone with, who is remaining hush... either through trust of Casey's actions or fear of speaking.

I guess I am trying to grasp at straws as to why she would sit behind bars for this long and nothing...

thanks for any thoughts...

bumping for poster questions and hopeful answers!

Out of curiosity....Does anyone here really believe that Caylee's father is dead??

I dont. I actually wonder if Casey even knows for sure. I think her claims of "the baby daddy dying in a car wreck" was just another way for her to use the misfortune of someone else to her advantage.

1)What kind of underworld criminal activity exists in the Orlando area? Especially as that stuff can tend to exist in clubs... Yes, far fetched question, but being from the Chicago area and inadvertantly and unknowningly having crossed paths through close circles with known mobsters when I was about the age of Casey- 20 or so years ago- I can't help but wonder if Casey unknowingly found herself in a predicament she could not get out of and could not feel comfortable sharing with LE. I know things are much different these days then they were 20 years ago... and I can't imagine what she would have had to do to piss someone off that badly, but I do know it happens...
There are people I knew in my past, that to this day I still have fear of.. and would not trust LE.. or anyone to protect myself in the event I was unfortunately caught up in something... I wonder if this might be the key with the movie comments about not trusting LE...
Another reason I wonder about this, is Casey strikes me as someone who would not know better than to not get herself involved in something way over her head having no clue she was playing with fire.

I have thought this for a while. B/c it just doesn't add up right (at least to me) with the scenario of Caylee dying accidently on Casey's watch. I mean, the "motive" fits for accident/homicide but nothing else does. This is just SO unlike any other case I have heard of.

Yes, I have a question. Anyone know how thorough the psych examination has to be, which Casey had to pass in order for bonding to take place. I mean, is it just to find out an opinion as to whether or not Casey would be harmful to herself or others? Or, is it a thorough examination.

Can someone expalin to me why anyone treats MF as an expert? My feelings about him run to the he is a lying , due to the fact that he tampered with evidence in the OJ trial.
How is it that inspite being publicily exposed as in essence lying, he has become an so-called expert whose opinions are trusted?

I would imagine many of you have questions that our fellow websleuthers might have the answers to. I know some of you ask questions on the threads and I'm usually behind, and don't answer because I figure someone has already beat me to it.

So, if you have any questions about this case that you need an answer to, pose it right here and hopefully, someone will answer!

I'll start with one of mine:

Can anyone recall (providing a link would be even better, but recalling is a start) IF Casey has ever even uttered her daughter's name even once since this case broke open? I mean "Caylee" .... ???

Remember, there's no such thing as a stupid question. ;)

As a matter of fact she has. The one that sticks out in my mind is " it's all about Caylee ". Yep, I believe she has said Caylee's name but not to inquire about her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26