The Nightshirt

I never thought she wanted to vacuum up blood with it, I guess I don't know what I thought, LOL. Maybe she wanted to show there was a fight by rolling it in the blood and then laying it down to look as if it was knocked over.

I just think LE would have checked the dirty laundry for the panties. Do you think they had blood on them?

I always thought Darlie, immaculate housekeeper, would not leave her vacuum out but now I remember she did use it earlier when the boys came in all wet. So now I have to change my thinking.Time to read some transcripts again.!!!

I never thought much about the hat but I see your point.

I never really paid much attention to the vacuum cleaner either, except that she used it for something...

I think getting rid of the panties was her set-up for the attack. Her family said all along that the intruder came for Darlie because she was so pretty and was trying to rape her and that the boys woke up which was why they were killed. WHATEVER.

U know maybe Darlie is the type not to wear panties all the time. I just remember Darin trying to make a big deal about it while they were putting her in the ambulance. Setting up the scene. So IMO when Darlie and Darin were made to go and sit by the sliding glass door, they were discussing these things. Is is in the transcripts that they were talking but no one on the scene could hear what was being said.

I don't know how I feel about Darin. After remembering the above, it does seem that he went into covering up mode before they even removed the boys from the house.

I think getting rid of the panties was her set-up for the attack. Her family said all along that the intruder came for Darlie because she was so pretty and was trying to rape her and that the boys woke up which was why they were killed. WHATEVER.

U know maybe Darlie is the type not to wear panties all the time. I just remember Darin trying to make a big deal about it while they were putting her in the ambulance. Setting up the scene. So IMO when Darlie and Darin were made to go and sit by the sliding glass door, they were discussing these things. Is is in the transcripts that they were talking but no one on the scene could hear what was being said.

I don't know how I feel about Darin. After remembering the above, it does seem that he went into covering up mode before they even removed the boys from the house.

Would she have been pantiless in front of the boys? Well we did learn years ago she sunbathed on the front lawn in a thong bathing suit.

Yeah Darin at the time would not have expected or believed his darling Darlie could have done the crime so he had to believe it was some guy after her. After all, who would be after the boys?

Rape I find the least likely explanation going. Okay so some guy just happened to know there was a beautiful woman in this house? IMO, he would have to have been watching her, knowing she lived there and also when the best time to come in was..not in the middle of the night surely when her husband is home..he would have come in during the day when Darin was gone to work.

I saw a program last night on Discovery titled Sensing Murder. It was an old case from 1978 about a woman with three sons who was murdered by an intruder..sound familiar? The ironic thing was he watched her, knew when she was alone and came in during the morning. He killed her in front of two little children she babysat, he didn't touch the children. He went straight for her and killed her.......the case is still cold although they've a pretty good idea who did it...a serial killer.

An intruder is the most least likely explanation for this crime. It's just not possible anyone went in there, IMO.

I remember reading somewhere that Darlie was caught with Victoria Secret Panties in her cell and was disciplined for it? THE Panties maybe?

Would she have been pantiless in front of the boys? Well we did learn years ago she sunbathed on the front lawn in a thong bathing suit.

Yeah Darin at the time would not have expected or believed his darling Darlie could have done the crime so he had to believe it was some guy after her. After all, who would be after the boys?

Rape I find the least likely explanation going. Okay so some guy just happened to know there was a beautiful woman in this house? IMO, he would have to have been watching her, knowing she lived there and also when the best time to come in was..not in the middle of the night surely when her husband is home..he would have come in during the day when Darin was gone to work.

I saw a program last night on Discovery titled Sensing Murder. It was an old case from 1978 about a woman with three sons who was murdered by an intruder..sound familiar? The ironic thing was he watched her, knew when she was alone and came in during the morning. He killed her in front of two little children she babysat, he didn't touch the children. He went straight for her and killed her.......the case is still cold although they've a pretty good idea who did it...a serial killer.

An intruder is the most least likely explanation for this crime. It's just not possible anyone went in there, IMO.

I remember reading somewhere that Darlie was caught with Victoria Secret Panties in her cell and was disciplined for it? THE Panties maybe?

So sad that I have spent hours too reviewing the 911 call, the evidence, and years picking apart the court transcript. I guess it will always come down to the "why" did Darlie do it.

Susan Smith wanted to be single, and have a rich boyfriend.

Andrea Yates was very sick.

Casey wanted to live her single party life.

Everyone wants to Know what Darlie would gain by killing two of her three sons. Wives have killed entire families, gas, arson, poison. Even though I see her as guilty, I can't wrap my brain around the WHY! What did she serve to gain with how it all went down? Would a better defense be the momentary lapse of impulse control. She was on pills, wine, and depressed thoughts. Was it her lying there on the couch, and an uncontrollable urge to act out, that in the end, found herself scrambling for a story.

Because I am against the death penalty, If I was a prosecutor, or judge, I would trade the death penalty for life in prison without the possibility of parole just for Darlie to admit what she did and why.

So sad that I have spent hours too reviewing the 911 call, the evidence, and years picking apart the court transcript. I guess it will always come down to the "why" did Darlie do it.

Susan Smith wanted to be single, and have a rich boyfriend.

Andrea Yates was very sick.

Casey wanted to live her single party life.

Everyone wants to Know what Darlie would gain by killing two of her three sons. Wives have killed entire families, gas, arson, poison. Even though I see her as guilty, I can't wrap my brain around the WHY! What did she serve to gain with how it all went down? Would a better defense be the momentary lapse of impulse control. She was on pills, wine, and depressed thoughts. Was it her lying there on the couch, and an uncontrollable urge to act out, that in the end, found herself scrambling for a story.

Because I am against the death penalty, If I was a prosecutor, or judge, I would trade the death penalty for life in prison without the possibility of parole just for Darlie to admit what she did and why.

I agree, I think it is the Why that keeps me interested in this case. Although we probably will never know. I too am against the DP and would prefer she got life in prison.

Why the vacuum cleaner? IMO, she went in there to get rid of her panties (remember they were missing) and to "drop" the black hat in the middle of floor to show the direction the intruder in the dark hat went. Even though it was determined that it was Devon's hat later, I think at this point in time her mind was racing and really flipping back and forth as to what she did and what she needed to do right at that moment.

I think the vacuum cleaner was already in the kitchen area. I believe it was used that day and never put away and Darlie just happened to use it as a prop to hold her up as she was loosing blood.

What else would it do? She was smart enough and too vain to ruin her carpet by trying to vacuum up blood, which unless you have a wet-vac I don't think it is possible. JMHO

Why do you think she rolled it in the blood? Was that staging? I agree her mind was flipping...I imagine she was flipping out at this point...OH my God what am I going to do and so on. So yes it's hard to think like she was..that's why the sock makes no sense.

The VC has been a bone of contention between supports and and antis for years. One supporter even alleged the cops threw it over the island!

One of the first cops on the scene saw the vacuum on the kitchen floor, the other cop didn't. I can only help thinking the other cop was on the outside of his partner as they walked down the hallway toward the garage and it was his partner who obscured his view of the vacuum or he saw it and it just didn't register.

The paramedics were nowhere near the vacuum so they cannot be blamed for moving it. The only person who touched the vacuum was Darlie....why I guess we'll never know..well other than she used it to lean on for some reason.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back