Discussion thread for Jodi Arias Journals

to anyone else reading the journals...I have noticed several times that she writes the same word twice in a row...like, for example, I wish wish...and then marks out the second/repeated word or phrase. For that reason, I feel like these journals cannot be spontaneously written. I mean, who does that in spontaneous writing? I have, though, done that when I was copying something over. Anyone else have thoughts on that?

Ok now I have to go read them. Lol. I have done that only when I am copying something over also. I think a lot of her writing was done knowing LE would see those journals.

Ok now I have to go read them. Lol. I have done that only when I am copying something over also. I think a lot of her writing was done knowing LE would see those journals.

It would be very convenient just to quote PPL crud a lot: she wouldn't have to make up a bunch of stuff retroactively and make it sound credible.

Yes, repetition is generally a copying error when it's the sort you quote. There are times in English when a double word is correct, as in "She was hungover because she had had 5 drinks at a party." It is interesting that JA double-writes a word like wish: she is an extremely wishful adult.

I suppose I need to read these journals out of curiosity. If I am reading all of you correctly, you are all feeling sorry for her? This young silly girl went from home to boy to boy to man looking for someone to take care of her and then she met Travis. She feel in love I suppose and thought he and PPL represented her dream life. When he refused to marry her and she had no money, she decided she had to kill him? What am I missing?

I don't feel sorry for her at all. Suppose he used her, suppose he was a con artist, suppose he liked oral sex or whatever. She could have walked away. Instead she turned all her anger inside her sick self toward him and slaughtered him. Who does that except a sick Psycopath?
No, none of that would ever be worthy of murder. Even then, she should have walked away.

I do feel sympathetic that when she was in a desperate situation financially along comes PPL to make it worse.

As to the bolded psychopath, this has been my accepted view of JA. IF these journals were not contrived for the consumption of others and if they are genuinely written for personal introspection, then I don't know.... do psychopaths feel empathy? Because there are examples of her displaying that capability in them. The possibility that she is not psycho is far more uncomfortable to me than to think that she is. Without a doubt in my mind, she cold blooded, planned and executed murder. I don't want to think that a person capable of placing themselves in another's shoes, to imagine their pain, could or would do what she did. Three times! That would mean anybody could do what she did (mentally) Maybe I've been misunderstanding what it is to be a psychopath. Somebody set me straight!

OK. Journal 4 and we're in Jan-Feb 2008.

First...her typical shift at Mimi's in Jan. was 11-4, just as I thought, and she worked doubles on many days. Relevant to the pedo lie.

And....its news to me that she was fired from Mimi's Cafe. First week in February. She says for "pilfering 3 muffins" over a 2 month period, and that she meant to pay for them.

But Hope come on......You know how much I think of your posts, but this reminds me of Jennifer Wilmott questioning Dr. Geffner about poor deluded Jodi, mentally ill young lady who was used. So she had a breakdown and murdered Travis. Oh but she didn't shoot him and stop. She stabbed him multiple times and slit his throat. Oh but then she got herself together long enough to cover her tracks by calling his voicemail, grinds Ryan, and then goes home and acts as if everything's fine. Who does that? Not a young girl who had a breakdown. No this was a premeditated murder by a cold and calculating killer.

How could Travis have known bringing her into his PPL and church group would cost him his life?

Your second paragraph says it all. Immature, nothing inside, shallow, selfish, dreamer. Nothing original. She had to have his life or take his life. Period.

Curious....The journals provide additional insight. They just do, and no apologies for thinking they do. I didn't say I believe she had a breakdown. I said the journals sound like that's where things are going. For whatever reason. I'm still in early 2008. Have faith. :)

to anyone else reading the journals...I have noticed several times that she writes the same word twice in a row...like, for example, I wish wish...and then marks out the second/repeated word or phrase. For that reason, I feel like these journals cannot be spontaneously written. I mean, who does that in spontaneous writing? I have, though, done that when I was copying something over. Anyone else have thoughts on that?

Or she will change a word just after writing it. Like IIRC "channeling" gets changed to "conduit" but not in a way that looks like she read the sentence and changed her mind about the wording. Usually, if I do that I would then have a cramped sentence or even have to write the preferred word above the one I crossed out, but hers aren't like that, it's as if she writes it then right away changes it for whatever reason.

I love how she writes down the schedule for Court TV in her journal! Sounds like something a serious trial watcher (like me) would do. She even noted the time for the cable station compared to the non-cable station.

First...her typical shift at Mimi's in Jan. was 11-4, just as I thought, and she worked doubles on many days. Relevant to the pedo lie.

And....its news to me that she was fired from Mimi's Cafe. First week in February. She says for "pilfering 3 muffins" over a 2 month period, and that she meant to pay for them.

does it seem to you that the writing style has changed in journal 4? They are different to me. The handwriting is more consistent. Some things seem odd...a statement in the 1/31 entry where she corrects herself mid-entry...just odd (last entry on page 0007?)

I think there are probably a handful of faked journal entries. So far I have read the first two on the site which cover Feb to December of 2007. None seem suspect so far

does it seem to you that the writing style has changed in journal 4? They are different to me. The handwriting is more consistent. Some things seem odd...a statement in the 1/31 entry where she corrects herself mid-entry...just odd (last entry on page 0007?)

Its weird how different her writing looks from month to month in the first 3 journals. Yes, Ive noticed too that her handwriting in #4 seems more consistent and more mature, tho the content and smiley faces haven't changed, sadly.

....jeez... I came home to sign back on to Beth's site. Hasn't worked for over an hour effort to sign back up. I am still on the phone with Paypal at the ONE HOUR MARK!!! they are trying to troubleshoot right now. Are others having this issue?

I do wish that Beth had another option for payment... perhaps a credit card?

One hour on phone with Paypal on vacation...WTH am I doing :pullhair:

I can believe that she went back and added a page here or there and/or tore pages out, but I'm pretty certain that journals 1-3 and as far as I've read of 4 weren't written after the fact.

Late January, early February 2008,what I read is a person lying to herself about T's feelings for her, and she's not even consistent with her lies to herself.

I think around that time she was finding it very difficult to hold onto anything, including her job. Fired from Mimi's for stealing, just when she was starting to take home $$$ in a fairly consistent way, for the first time since arriving in Mesa,,and according to her, the first job she had actually enjoyed in many years.

....jeez... I came home to sign back on to Beth's site. Hasn't worked for over an hour effort to sign back up. I am still on the phone with Paypal at the ONE HOUR MARK!!! they are trying to troubleshoot right now. Are others having this issue?

I do wish that Beth had another option for payment... perhaps a credit card?

One hour on phone with Paypal on vacation...WTH am I doing :pullhair:

Sounds extremely aggravating!!!! I had to use Paypal too, sorry. Didn't have a problem but it was over a month ago. Her site has had many technical problems, though, so could be on her end.

FWIW, the site was already worth the $$. These journals make it an even better bargain.

Sounds extremely aggravating!!!! I had to use Paypal too, sorry. Didn't have a problem but it was over a month ago. Her site has had many technical problems, though, so could be on her end.

FWIW, the site was already worth the $$. These journals make it an even better bargain.

I agree Hope! But my issue was with paypal not working. No alternative for Beth's site for a cc when you enter, only paypal option. After one hour and fifteen minutes on trying to figure it out :pullhair: Here we go! after all this time at paypal... the last screen allows me to put in my credit card :pullhair;

SMH...

I do love Beth, but her website really is so hard to deal with purchasing.

I agree Hope! But my issue right now is with paypal not working. No alternative for Beth's site for a cc. I thought I had it done after one hour.. but back on trying to figure it out. I do wish I could just do a credit card with Beth :pullhair:

This is why I couldn't sign up as well, no PayPal and no option to use my Visa. Really sucks to be missing out on the site.

Jan 1, 2008
She writes 30 goals for a "successful year"
#1. Get married

Other than the technical issues Hope mentioned, I haven't had any problems either. I have had problems with paypal on other sites, but not on Beth's. I am not a strong proponent for using paypal, but it's the only way we can pay so I'll suck it up. LOL. These journals are quite interesting to read. She sounds so immature.:thinking:

That was news to me as well. If she stole (pilfered) muffins, what else would she steal (pilfer)? I recall the engagement ring being stolen, and the CTR ring wasn't it? Regardless, why would someone write that in a journal? I doubt that is the reason she was fired though.

I can believe that she went back and added a page here or there and/or tore pages out, but I'm pretty certain that journals 1-3 and as far as I've read of 4 weren't written after the fact.

Late January, early February 2008,what I read is a person lying to herself about T's feelings for her, and she's not even consistent with her lies to herself.

I think around that time she was finding it very difficult to hold onto anything, including her job. Fired from Mimi's for stealing, just when she was starting to take home $$$ in a fairly consistent way, for the first time since arriving in Mesa,,and according to her, the first job she had actually enjoyed in many years.

She was fired for stealing? Say more!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes